The Banning Game - II

21 minutes ago, Psalam said:

BANNED! for being so cool as to refer to someone's skepticism of a current fad as being a "denier"

Banned for thinking that skepticism in the face of overwhelming evidence could be thought of as intellectual vigilance, as if imbued from a Socratic imperative, when in fact it is no more than scientific illiteracy that your ego has erroneously encouraged you to defend with an exaggerated certitude that far exceeds your actual objective understanding of matters at hand.

56 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Banned for thinking that skepticism in the face of overwhelming evidence could be thought of as intellectual vigilance, as if imbued from a Socratic imperative, when in fact it is no more than scientific illiteracy that your ego has erroneously encouraged you to defend with an exaggerated certitude that far exceeds your actual objective understanding of matters at hand.

BANNED! for skepticism in the face of overwhelming evidence is the basis of scientific advance. While we still use Newtonian physics to build bridges we also know that it is not correct.

43 minutes ago, Psalam said:

BANNED! for skepticism in the face of overwhelming evidence is the basis of scientific advance. While we still use Newtonian physics to build bridges we also know that it is not correct.

Banned because one must know the rules before they can break them. Someone like Einstein, who can actually push science forward by devising a more accurate theory of gravity than Newton's, has useful skepticism, but a dunning-kruger meth-addict hillbilly down the street who isn't sure about the earth's roundness has not so useful skepticism. - It's a sad fact that there are many more of the latter than the former.

9 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Banned because one must know the rules before they can break them. Someone like Einstein, who can actually push science forward by devising a more accurate theory of gravity than Newton's, has useful skepticism, but a dunning-kruger meth-addict hillbilly down the street who isn't sure about the earth's roundness has not so useful skepticism. - It's a sad fact that there are many more of the latter than the former.

BANNED! since name-calling is the refuge of people who have no more cogent point to make.

4 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Banned since you can't name call hypotheticals used to elucidate a point that was incidentally plenty cogent.

BANNED! for dancing around your previous statement, to wit:

24 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

dunning-kruger meth-addict hillbilly down the street who isn't sure about the earth's roundness

6 hours ago, Psalam said:

BANNED! for dancing around your previous statement, to wit:

Banned because if you aren't a flat earth believing dunning-kruger meth-addict hillbilly living down the street, then it should be quite clear that I wasn't talking about you, but was using this hypothetical creature, reductio ad absurdum, as an example of a person who's ideas on science should not be regarded as highly as a Nobel prize winning physicist.

And also Banned because if you are a flat earth believing dunning-kruger meth-addict hillbilly living down the street, then I wasn't calling you names, but was rather stating your credentials.

I shall leave it to you how much such a character resonates with your own persona.

13 hours ago, Tyrant99 said:

Banned because if you aren't a flat earth believing dunning-kruger meth-addict hillbilly living down the street, then it should be quite clear that I wasn't talking about you, but was using this hypothetical creature, reductio ad absurdum, as an example of a person who's ideas on science should not be regarded as highly as a Nobel prize winning physicist.

And also Banned because if you are a flat earth believing dunning-kruger meth-addict hillbilly living down the street, then I wasn't calling you names, but was rather stating your credentials.

I shall leave it to you how much such a character resonates with your own persona.

BANNED! (both of you) for providing the evidence which shows that you are both experts in stirring esoteric shit

8 hours ago, donkeywho said:

BANNED! (both of you) for providing the evidence which shows that you are both experts in stirring esoteric shit

BANNED for building your banning argumentation on such things like "evidence". That's condenscending against the usual badly constructed, fabricated, false  and fake argumentations and thus making us look bad!

On 7/14/2020 at 12:11 PM, worik said:

BANNED for building your banning argumentation on such things like "evidence". That's condenscending against the usual badly constructed, fabricated, false  and fake argumentations and thus making us look bad!

BANNED! for recalling me to the true purpose of this thread - having fun.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

BANNED! for those who want to cling to misery, sadness and affliction may due so with my blessing.

BANNED! for not understanding that, whilst Soviet folksongs may be about misery, sadness and affliction, they properly, and duly,  pertain to the soggy mist and DEW

9 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

BANNED! for not understanding that, whilst Soviet folksongs may be about misery, sadness and affliction, they properly, and duly,  pertain to the soggy mist and DEW

BANNED! for disparaging Mountain Dew (the real stuff not the soft drink - feel free to disparage that all you want)

54 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

BANNED! for confusing 'Mountain Dew' with basic Russian Bog Dew

BANNED! for thinking that I would have anything to do with something called "Russian Bog Dew" (It sounds like fermented and distilled potatoes)

14 hours ago, Psalam said:

BANNED! for thinking that I would have anything to do with something called "Russian Bog Dew" (It sounds like fermented and distilled potatoes)

BANNED! for quoting the contents as accurately as prove that you are so obviously lying about not having had anything to do with it

43 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

BANNED! for quoting the contents as accurately as prove that you are so obviously lying about not having had anything to do with it

BANNED! I swear I haven't on my moth'r ... mudder ... mott'r ... mother's grave.