Vor 6 Stunden sagte EthernalNoob:

Danke für die Info! Das wird sehr helfen!

Jetzt haben Sie genähtes Latex erwähnt ... Haben Sie Bilder zur Veranschaulichung?

Unfortunately, there are not many left ... and you can hardly find anything on the net.

I once had several pieces that were sewn instead of glued - including a street-suitable costume with a floor-length skirt and a very fitted jacket.

Latex lasts only a few years even with good care and dissolves over time (de-vulcanisation).

In principle, the seams on latex clothes look like those on leather clothes - so they can be used deliberately as a decorative element.

(e.g. black latex and a red or white thread).

Spoiler

Latex-Genht.jpg.e1871f3eaf2955d2130aa4f1b420b396.jpg

There are approaches to sewing techniques

a) non-flexible seams (like on the picture of me) - the latex should behave like "normal" UNFLEXIBLE fabric - but an elasticity across the seam is possible - therefore the jacket sits in the waist like "glued".

b) flexible seams - this technique is used e.g. for clothes made of Spantex or similar flexible fabrics (suits for gymnastics).

As the needle perforates the latex when sewing - the material is severely weakened at the seams.

There are two "countermeasures

1) A narrow strip of fabric is worked into the seam (technical term "sewing tape") - but this in turn makes the seam inflexible.

2) The seam is glued on the back -> with a latex strip - which absorbs a large part of the forces that would otherwise act on the seam.

Why not just glue everything?

I would have to go into the finer points of the production process - but that would take me much too far here.

8 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Why not just glue everything?

I would have to go into the finer points of the production process - but that would take me much too far here.

No need for that, this is more than enough!

Thank you very much! I will make a sewed latex addon :D

On 8/19/2023 at 7:16 AM, Miauzi said:

In principle, the seams on latex clothes look like those on leather clothes

Hi, i'm actually working on the Sewn Latex Addon....

Could you give a rating?

Spoiler

image.png.ddaeba3be7cdb9f4a18ea3dd6f6a09e6.png

Note: It's a prototype, the final version will be handpainted... This one was made in photoshop and that's why the lines are not straight (base texture wasn't too).

Edited by EthernalNoob
Wrong Image
Vor 2 Stunden sagte EthernalNoob:

Hallo, ich arbeite gerade am Sewn Latex Addon....

Könnten Sie eine Bewertung abgeben?

Inhalte ausblenden

image.png.ddaeba3be7cdb9f4a18ea3dd6f6a09e6.png

Hinweis: Es handelt sich um einen Prototyp, die endgültige Version wird handbemalt ... Dieses wurde in Photoshop erstellt und deshalb sind die Linien nicht gerade (die Grundtextur war es auch nicht).

The bottom line is that you can do it this way - as they are bound to the given line by the existing (ancient) model.

Strictly speaking, all visible seams, such as the side seam on a pair of jeans, are a -> double seam (5-6 mm distance between the two thread lines).

how this can now be implemented on a 3D model ... no idea

The longitudinal seam on the sleeve (inside) is actually always a "hidden" and therefore invisible seam - if it is a visible double seam, then it should be as narrow as on the upper body.

And this seam merges into the seam connecting the front and back of the torso ... please have a look at a shirt, a blouse or a T-shirt.

(as far as I know, this seam is missing even on the 3D catsuit model).

Whether you make the seam at the neck visible (and thus an element of the design) for the "attachment" of the collar is ultimately a question of design

Remark:

unfortunately, the existing template is a rather modest example of the location of the cut lines (for the seams) between the different parts to be joined (aka "cut construction")

I learned how to make the pattern parts myself from a fashion designer - she designed something like this herself and I helped to make it.

they can't change it - otherwise they would have to create a completely new catsuit - but other mod authors have already done that - so you can also change the guidance of the cut lines.

Deutscher Original-Text:

Spoiler

Im Endeffekt kann man das so machen - da sie durch das vorhandene (uralte) Modell an die vorgegebene Linienführung gebunden sind.

Strenggenommen sind alle sichtbaren Nähte wie die Seitennaht an einer Jeans-Hose eine -> Doppelnaht (5-6 mm Anstand zwischen beiden Faden-Linien)

wie sich das jetzt auf einem 3D-Modell umsetzen läßt ... keine Ahnung

Die Längsnaht am Ärmel (innen) ist eigentlich immer eine "verdeckte" und somit nicht sichtbare Naht - wenn schon eine sichtbare Doppelnaht dann aber so schmal wie am Oberkörper

Und diese Naht geht in die Verbindungsnaht zwischen Vorder- und Hinter-Teil des Oberkörpers über ... schauen sie sich bitte mal ein Hemd, eine Bluse oder eine T-Shirt an

(diese Naht fehlt meines Wissens sogar an dem 3D-Catsuit-Modell)

Ob man die Naht am Hals für das "Ansetzen" der Kragens sichtbar (und somit zu einem Element der Gestaltung macht) ist letztlich eine Frage des Designs

Anmerkung:

leider ist die vorhandene Vorlage ein recht bescheidenes Beispiel für die Lage der Schnitt-Linien (für die Nähte) zwischen den einzelnen zu verbindenden Teilen (aka "Schnitt-Konstruktion")

ich habe das Erstellen der Schnitt-Teile selbst gelernt von einer Mode-Designerin - diese hat selbst so etwas entworfen und ich habe bei der Herstellung mitgearbeitet

verändern können sie das nicht - da sie ansonsten ein komplett neuen Catsuit erstellen müssen - was aber schon andere Mod-Autoren gemacht haben - da kann man dann auch die Führung der Schnitt-Linien verändern

6 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Strictly speaking, all visible seams, such as the side seam on a pair of jeans, are a -> double seam (5-6 mm distance between the two thread lines

The longitudinal seam on the sleeve (inside) is actually always a "hidden" and therefore invisible seam - if it is a visible double seam, then it should be as narrow as on the upper body.

And this seam merges into the seam connecting the front and back of the torso

I'm going to consider this in the version 2 addon production.

how this can now be implemented on a 3D model ... no idea

Next version will be 4K resolution, and handpainted. I personally think it's possible if i make it using Blender.

so you can also change the guidance of the cut lines.

I do not intend to. Players have been using DD's catsuit for years. Changing the guidance of the cut lines would make it be too different (and as this mod's goal is to be as Lore-Friendly as possible, it would not make sense to change the design)

And again: Thank you very much! This info is going to help a lot! Would you mind if I insert your name in the Credits section as design contributor?

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.loverslab.com/profile/18729-harvald/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1

on my old account I created some more or les Lorefriendly homes using ZAZ furniture.

Here is a small housemod using ZAP8+ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BcQsi13eBaaP493pzSZ6yjaPMGRU1kFG/view?usp=drive_link. perhaps you like it for your mod. Comfortable with PAHSH.

I still have some location ideas mostly not with dwemer technologie.

Edited by Harvald56
On 9/5/2023 at 5:09 PM, Harvald56 said:

https://www.loverslab.com/profile/18729-harvald/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1

on my old account I created some more or les Lorefriendly homes using ZAZ furniture.

Here is a small housemod using ZAP8+ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BcQsi13eBaaP493pzSZ6yjaPMGRU1kFG/view?usp=drive_link. perhaps you like it for your mod. Comfortable with PAHSH.

I still have some location ideas mostly not with dwemer technologie.

Thanks for the suggestion! But as you might have seen, we already have a lore-friendly solution to ZaZ, which is Craftable ZaZ.

The main goal of this mod is not add more stuff, only mechanics and reworks for other mods that can fit into "ancient naughty dwemers" lore.

If you want, you can help by manually tweaking the recipes of ZaZ items, copying the record to a new ESP, and sharing it with us.

Keep in mind that manual tweaking means: Opening the ZaZ contraption model in a 3D software (like blender or 3dsmax), analyzing the material and inserting the 3D model of material (firewood, stone, nails, others...), clone it until you have an "approximate volume" and counting it manually to add the item and amount to the ESP.

Or if you prefer, you can help me with code, MCM Menu, dwemer models, textures for these models, design suggestions, animations and/or beta testing.

The point is, that the furniture neeeds a place to work properly. Crafting is fine but you need the navmeses as well or the NPC will run against the furniture all the time, So I think you should create special places for the ZAZ- furniture aou reworked. My little mod on Google drive shows such a place. 

ZAZ wheels could be easyly replaced with dwemer wheels and unsed in such an interior. Cosses could be created from pipes, thats not a big problem. But I hate NPC always colliding with the furniture.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:45 PM, Harvald56 said:

The point is, that the furniture neeeds a place to work properly. Crafting is fine but you need the navmeses as well or the NPC will run against the furniture all the time, So I think you should create special places for the ZAZ- furniture aou reworked.

I can't imagine a lore-friendly mod that requires navmesh to the NPC's AI find the Furniture. If this is the case (if there's one), i would like more detail about it.

Anyways, slavetrading is not allowed, under the Empire law (Yes, the Silverblood family at Markarth is a problem, but as long as they don't sell the prisioners this is not considered slavetrading, just forced work). This means, if you really care about lore-friendly you are going to buy some "buildable house", with a lof of space to put the ZaZ furnitures there and far from curious eyes. Otherwise some Empire authority would find it.

If you consider all the furnitures are going to be placed inside a house with a flat floor, enough space and you only need to tell the follower/slave to do something for you, this means Navmesh is not required to zaz work properly. At least I can't see how navmesh would make ZaZ furniture to stop working (again, i need more info about the subject).

On 9/9/2023 at 2:45 PM, Harvald56 said:

ZAZ wheels could be easyly replaced with dwemer wheels and unsed in such an interior. Cosses could be created from pipes, thats not a big problem. But I hate NPC always colliding with the furniture.

Yes, i was thinking about using the dwemer parts to make a functional magic motor. This way is possible to remove the Watermill from the FuckMachine and replace by a SoulGem (like batteries?) powered motor, as steam/vapor is not something reliable when it comes to small motors,

Edited by EthernalNoob
grammar
  • 1 month later...