11 minutes ago, Spaceguest991 said:

Was it possible to add the keywords to Omod records with robco patcher? So different sets of armor could have different keywords? light, medium, heavy.

I'm not sure if it's updated so you can do that since I'm not really sure on the more technical aspects on modding works

Not yet. Its OMOD patching is limited to changing and removing properties, so you can't add a new property to an OMOD (yet) to, say, have it add specific keywords to whatever it's installed on. I've asked in the forums a few times, so I know it's on the author's radar at least. Hopefully soon.

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Not yet. Its OMOD patching is limited to changing and removing properties, so you can't add a new property to an OMOD (yet) to, say, have it add specific keywords to whatever it's installed on. I've asked in the forums a few times, so I know it's on the author's radar at least. Hopefully soon.

Alrighty, thank you for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, timothyk1 said:

any chance ull add HN66s SIRIUS.16 Assault Armor

Sorry to disappoint, but I doubt I'll patch that one. It's pretty old and if I had it in my load order it'd probably be patched already. Other people have started their own 'SAKR repositories' so check them out!

I'm patching only the stuff I use; realizing that this approach isn't exactly efficient, I created the SAKR/RCP Gen tool for others users to patch other clothes. Check it out on my profile under 'Files' if you haven't already!

Take care!

Noticed cloths pack 4 was marked esl, was using esp; so it didn't make changes to skimpy keywords rating in game.

Anyway I converted the esp to esl and everything works! But can someone confirm for me, that I did it correctly? ?

1. right-clicked the esp and selected "compact formids for esl"
  2. select "record flags" and change to esl
  3. finish and save

That's what I did, seems really simple, so simple that I'm doubting myself lol.

Edited by M.BISON
11 hours ago, M.BISON said:

Noticed cloths pack 4 was marked esl, was using esp; so it didn't make changes to skimpy keywords rating in game.

Anyway I converted the esp to esl and everything works! But can someone confirm for me, that I did it correctly? ?

3. finish and save

For the most part nope that is it, the only time you may find that causes problems is if it is a master file for other mods, due to the editor ids of the file being changed by the compacting, you would need to go through all the mods that use it as a master and update the appropriate information in those mods. some scripts could potentially be an issue as well.

18 hours ago, M.BISON said:

3. finish and save

@Varithina beat me to it... Damn!

Anyway, yes - you properly flagged the ESP as ESL. Surely, if you install a mod in the near future which requires the plugin you've just edited well... It won't work properly (if at all). However, I have yet to see such a mod. Even if something that distributes all items from those large packs exists/will exist, I doubt I'll use it. The game has to load those 4K/8K textures and I'm sure the performance loss would be noticeable (especially on hardware such as mine; late 2016 custom build).

I'm flagging clothes and clothing packs as ESL as majority of the stuff that's in my game isn't distributed anywhere - the only way to obtain those items in-game (apart from using console commands, obviously) is to craft them on Chemistry Workbench. I do appreciate the variety but I rarely use all items; I have a few personal favorites which I tend to equip on my character like 95% of the time, and only really use other items when I want to check either material swaps or to simply see would it suit my character. This results in having so much stuff just sitting there, unused, and consuming my plugin space. Hence the solution - flag those plugins (if possible) as ESL.

And I have to agree with you regarding the last part. I too think that I've messed something up when I do a simple task (surely I made a mistake, it cannot be that simple!), but it really is.

Also, a note for future:

Spoiler

xEdit actually ships with a script which can tell you whether specific plugin(s) can or cannot be flagged as ESL.

To utilize it, load your plugin(s), right click any of them, select 'Apply script...' and search for script 'Find ESP plugins which could be turned into ESL'. Once you find it, just run it and take a look at Messages board - you'll see what script reported there.

If it reports that the plugin can be turned into ESL just by adding the flag in the header, you don't need to compact it.

If it reports that the plugin can be turned into ESL by compacting FormIDs first, you need to compact it first and then apply the header (like you did for the case of Clothes Pack 4).

Else, if plugin cannot be flagged as ESL, it won't mention it.

I hope this helps! Take care!

11 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

If it reports that the plugin can be turned into ESL just by adding the flag in the header, you don't need to compact it.

For these, Vortex will also allow you to filter your plugins list by them and batch flag them too. I've heard from MO2 users that it doesn't currently have that same feature, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gains it in the near future.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

For these, Vortex will also allow you to filter your plugins list by them and batch flag them too. I've heard from MO2 users that it doesn't currently have that same feature, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gains it in the near future.

Yep, you're right. I totally forgot about it as I've never used Vortex; I've been MO2 user for a long time now. Would I want MO2 to have that feature? Absolutely! However, am I going to switch to Vortex if MO2 doesn't get that feature? No. I just prefer MO2, that's it :)

Thanks for reaching out and keeping an eye out on the topic; I really appreciate it! Take care!

On 7/31/2023 at 1:11 PM, Spaceguest991 said:

Alrighty, thank you for the update.

Out of curiosity has anyone created a manual fix for this besides not using the mods? Right now if I see something I like I just console it in but would really like a traditional leveled list to mitigate the hassle.

18 minutes ago, HabibHanson said:

Out of curiosity has anyone created a manual fix for this besides not using the mods? Right now if I see something I like I just console it in but would really like a traditional leveled list to mitigate the hassle.

Your question makes no sense in the context of the post you quoted (it was about using RobCo Patcher to add keywords to OMOD records). Did you mean to quote a different post?

6 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Your question makes no sense in the context of the post you quoted (it was about using RobCo Patcher to add keywords to OMOD records). Did you mean to quote a different post?

Apologies I'm old and the brain glitches out sometime. I thought that was the end of the thread mentioning this mod wasn't working due to it being an OMOD. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/67483?tab=description

Was wondering if there was a leveled list to substitute for it or not.

2 minutes ago, HabibHanson said:

Apologies I'm old and the brain glitches out sometime. I thought that was the end of the thread mentioning this mod wasn't working due to it being an OMOD. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/67483?tab=description

Was wondering if there was a leveled list to substitute for it or not.

I'm not sure how that would work. You mean like replace the leveled list injection that mod uses with some different clothes that aren't VTAW's? That would just be another leveled list injection mod for different sets of clothing in that case. Yes you could make a mod like that and there already are some, for example one that injects Toxic Raider Armour pieces into the lists for what raiders will spawn wearing.

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm not sure how that would work. You mean like replace the leveled list injection that mod uses with some different clothes that aren't VTAW's? That would just be another leveled list injection mod for different sets of clothing in that case. Yes you could make a mod like that and there already are some, for example one that injects Toxic Raider Armour pieces into the lists for what raiders will spawn wearing.

I figured someone smarter than me had made a robco patcher script to inject those packs into leveled lists like the mod does so they have the tags applied properly. That or someone particularly insane actually made a mod that just adds them to leveled lists.

6 minutes ago, HabibHanson said:

I figured someone smarter than me had made a robco patcher script to inject those packs into leveled lists like the mod does so they have the tags applied properly. That or someone particularly insane actually made a mod that just adds them to leveled lists.

Injecting armor forms into leveled lists with RobCo Patcher has nothing to do with adding keywords to armor forms with RobCo Patcher, other than the fact that RobCo Patcher can do both of those things (and lots more too). It's a sort of Swiss Army Knife tool.

Also neither of those are anything to do with the current inability for RobCo Patcher to add keyword properties to object modification forms (which many of Vtaw's items rely on to change their appearances, but also the same goes for differentiating between light/medium/heavy vanilla game armors).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Injecting armor forms into leveled lists with RobCo Patcher has nothing to do with adding keywords to armor forms with RobCo Patcher, other than the fact that RobCo Patcher can do both of those things (and lots more too). It's a sort of Swiss Army Knife tool.

Also neither of those are anything to do with the current inability for RobCo Patcher to add keyword properties to object modification forms (which many of Vtaw's items rely on to change their appearances, but also the same goes for differentiating between light/medium/heavy vanilla game armors).

Guess I'm just confused as to what the problem was. Thought it was conflict with the mod itself since I noticed using OMOD to add the items does indeed strip the keywords. Since someone else was having the same problem I wanted to see if they had a workaround or found an alternative way to do what that mod did that didn't strip the keywords.

4 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

Guess I'm just confused as to what the problem was. Thought it was conflict with the mod itself since I noticed using OMOD to add the items does indeed strip the keywords. Since someone else was having the same problem I wanted to see if they had a workaround or found an alternative way to do what that mod did that didn't strip the keywords.

OMODs don't add items, they modify items. The simple example is the vanilla "leather chestpiece" armor from the base game. You can modify it at the armor workbench to make it heavy, light, add metal studs, etc. Many of these options change the shape (mesh) of the armor and could be considered to make it more or less revealing.

The way this works is that there is a single ARMO record used by all of the variants of the leather chestpiece, but many different ARMA records which specify what mesh file should be used for a given variant. In order to determine which ARMA to use for a given copy of the leather chestpiece, an OMOD is attached that refers to a specific ARMA. When you modify a leather chestpiece at an armor workbench to switch it from light pocketed to heavy studded, a "light leather" OMOD is removed and replaced by a "heavy studded" OMOD.

ARMO records can have keywords added to them, but as discussed it's hard to say how skimpy that ARMO is without knowing what actual shape (ARMA) is being displayed. ARMA records can't have keywords, but OMODs can have properties that instruct them to temporarily add a keyword to an item when they get attached to it. Right now RobCo Patcher can be used to add keywords to ARMO records, but it can't be used to add properties (including keyword properties) to OMOD records. Once it can, then you could have different SAKR keywords on heavy and light armor for example, or on a set of Vtaw's leggings that have both patent leather and sheer lace options.

15 hours ago, vaultbait said:

OMODs don't add items, they modify items. The simple example is the vanilla "leather chestpiece" armor from the base game. You can modify it at the armor workbench to make it heavy, light, add metal studs, etc. Many of these options change the shape (mesh) of the armor and could be considered to make it more or less revealing.

The way this works is that there is a single ARMO record used by all of the variants of the leather chestpiece, but many different ARMA records which specify what mesh file should be used for a given variant. In order to determine which ARMA to use for a given copy of the leather chestpiece, an OMOD is attached that refers to a specific ARMA. When you modify a leather chestpiece at an armor workbench to switch it from light pocketed to heavy studded, a "light leather" OMOD is removed and replaced by a "heavy studded" OMOD.

ARMO records can have keywords added to them, but as discussed it's hard to say how skimpy that ARMO is without knowing what actual shape (ARMA) is being displayed. ARMA records can't have keywords, but OMODs can have properties that instruct them to temporarily add a keyword to an item when they get attached to it. Right now RobCo Patcher can be used to add keywords to ARMO records, but it can't be used to add properties (including keyword properties) to OMOD records. Once it can, then you could have different SAKR keywords on heavy and light armor for example, or on a set of Vtaw's leggings that have both patent leather and sheer lace options.

Holy hell thanks for doing me some knowledge. Didn't realize how complicated the modding mechanics are nowadays.

1 hour ago, HabibHanson said:

Holy hell thanks for doing me some knowledge. Didn't realize how complicated the modding mechanics are nowadays.

Well, for most clothing it's pretty straightforward, because the majority of clothing mod creators just have a 1:1 mapping between ARMO and ARMA (and thus mesh/shape). For those, SAKR keywords on the ARMO record are fine because it has only one possible appearance.

It only really gets tricky when a clothing mod gives you an item with multiple rendering choices you can select between by modifying it at an armor workbench, and even then most of the time the variation doesn't matter much (blue tights vs black tights vs pink tights but they all cover the legs equally). It's when different variants of an item look different enough to affect the skimpiness that it gets to be a problem (leggings with a choice between a knit yoga pants texture and a ripped fishnet stockings texture).

Edited by vaultbait
20 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Well, for most clothing it's pretty straightforward, because the majority of clothing mod creators just have a 1:1 mapping between ARMO and ARMA (and thus mesh/shape). For those, SAKR keywords on the ARMO record are fine because it has only one possible appearance.

It only really gets tricky when a clothing mod gives you an item with multiple rendering choices you can select between by modifying it at an armor workbench, and even then most of the time the variation doesn't matter much (blue tights vs black tights vs pink tights but they all cover the legs equally). It's when different variants of an item look different enough to affect the skimpiness that it gets to be a problem (leggings with a choice between a knit yoga pants texture and a ripped fishnet stockings texture).

Makes sense, I haven't touched Geck/Creation kit since the oblivion days so I'm just always amazed how expanded the capabilities have become.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Cookiemonsta234 said:

Can you add some of Snakel101 outfits?

https://www.patreon.com/Snakel101

https://discord.gg/6g97XRC

I cannot due to Patreon, but you can patch it yourself! Check out my SAKR/RCP Gen tool, I've mentioned it a 100 times already ?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to use those outfits, but half of them cannot be seen if you're not subscribed on Patreon. What's more, I doubt they have support for CBBE 3BBB (which I'm planning to switch to), hence I have no need for them.

5 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I cannot due to Patreon, but you can patch it yourself! Check out my SAKR/RCP Gen tool, I've mentioned it a 100 times already ?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to use those outfits, but half of them cannot be seen if you're not subscribed on Patreon. What's more, I doubt they have support for CBBE 3BBB (which I'm planning to switch to), hence I have no need for them.

Oh ok thanks I patched a few. In the discord released mods section, you can see all of the outfits without being subscribed to patreon.

7 hours ago, dragonfly96 said:

Can I make a request that there be a patch for Devious Devices and the 2pac4eva's cbbe skimpy armor replacer (essentially modifying the vanilla clothing/armor's values to match their new skimpier versions)? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7718

I might patch DD (I'm running RC8, but I think both standard and RC8 would be nearly identical) in the near future. It would've already been patched, but I'm running into issue of consistency.

Whenever Player wears DD, other NPCs see them as bound - you can ask for NPCs to help and unlock the devices for you (SH), which makes it seem like it should make the Player exposed. I mean, the mod is literally called Devious Devices, hence I didn't feel the need to patch it.

On the contrary, it doesn't seem valid if the Player is wearing like a full catsuit (nothing of the skin is shown) and they are considered as exposed. Bottom line, yeah - I'm thinking about patching DD soon, so stay tuned for future updates!

Regarding CBBE Skimpy Armor Replacer... I think we already had someone with similar question on this topic. Because the mod you've linked is a replacer (replaces existing vanilla game items rather than adding something new), you'd need to modify the INI. There are 2 ways you can do it:

a) Download and use my SAKR/RCPGen tool - I highly recommend it as it really helps with INI generation. Check it out, it has very simple and detailed documentation (literally a step by step tutorial on how to use it).

b) Edit the INI file(s) I provided in this Repository. Simply open the directory, locate the INI files you need (in case the mod only replaces vanilla Fallout 4 items and not DLCs), open the INI (Fallout4.ini) in your preferred text editor, and change the values there manually.

Honestly, just go with a) and SAKR/RCPGen. It's much faster and easier.

Hope this helps!