Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End and the Secret Key Nude Mods

On 4/1/2023 at 5:28 AM, VitaSmith said:

I'm the developer of gust_tools and I hope you can appreciate that it's hard for me to fix stuff like this if nobody is reporting it in the VERY PUBLIC ISSUE TRACKER... :(

Please understand that software doesn't "magically" fixes itself (I'm not testing stuff unless someone actually reports an issue), and that, instead of wasting your time trying to figure out what release of gust_tool works best, it's a much smarter time investment for everyone to report a regression when you find one. Thank you.

Thank you for providing your great tool.
I understand that this issue is not related to defect of gust tools, but to intended specification of gust tools regarding dds files containing a texture array which you mentioned in release v1.48.
That is, dds files containing a texture array, for example, 000.dds of pc40a.g1t of Ryza 3, extracted by gust_g1t v1.47 can be read with any of paint.net, photoshop, or gimp as one image in which two images are vertically stacked, whereas dds files containing a texture array extracted by gust_g1t v1.48 or newer cannot be properly read with paint.net or photoshop, and thus gust_g1t v1.47 is convenient in some cases.

<Added>
As far as I know, there is no problem for extracting dds files other than those containing a texture array with the latest version of gust tools.

<Added 2>

I now confirmed that the latest version (v2023.2.0) of NVIDIA Texture Tools Exporter, which is dds plugin for photoshop, can properly handle dds files containing a texture array extracted by gust_g1t v1.54.

Edited by fiore99
1 hour ago, hilbo75 said:

generally she is just as thick even in the ryza 1 port. you can measure it yourself if you have any of the dlc outfits. her thighs in the moderchan port are just as wide as the thighs on her summer outfit and her swimsuit

I agree she is thick even in Ryza 1, but she got thicker in Ryza 3 and the moderchan nude mod is just a downgrade when used with the latest game.

blue - ryza 1 moderchan nude model

black - ryza 3 swimsuit dlc

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.e3a047cf31fb419b4f880aa789a7168c.jpeg

image.jpeg.577028943875fa9b20cae73194d66b00.jpeg

thick thighs are serious business

So yeah >_> the only one we have now for her 3 body works fine. if I could stop messing around and have to reinstall it because I dun goof. Dx wonder if we can get a nude mod for her swisuit though? if that would be easier to work with over her default becaause dem thighs and hips >_>

Some of the "pc##x" files are a simple bikini with full boob mesh and texture under the bikini top.
image.png.30b489dfbf03e7ae2468afb0d3e566c7.png
I used the guides from amorrow28 to delete the bikini top. I'm a bit lacking in artistic skills but in theory I should be able to just add nipples to the DDS and have a simple topless mod :)
000.thumb.png.e45758e710f7a32c96a849e3b4c13bfc.png

5 hours ago, VitaSmith said:

I'm the developer of gust_tools and I hope you can appreciate that it's hard for me to fix stuff like this if nobody is reporting it in the VERY PUBLIC ISSUE TRACKER... :(

Please understand that software doesn't "magically" fixes itself (I'm not testing stuff unless someone actually reports an issue), and that, instead of wasting your time trying to figure out what release of gust_tool works best, it's a much smarter time investment for everyone to report a regression when you find one. Thank you.

Wow, the developer!
Yes, we appreciate your efforts. So now I'll do my best to report back.
First, I have to get a GitHub account. Anyway, thanks a lot.

1 hour ago, Joe Average said:

image.png.a20242565d2908320091a8a522ae51bb.png
pc41a.elixir.gz
pc41a.g1t
Klaudia default outfit replaced with topless edit of pc41x. The nipples are texture only with no normal mapping. If anyone wants to improve/recolor/reuse/etc... feel free. Please do not make requests unless it is extremely simple. Otherwise I will most likely not have the knowledge/skill/experience to fulfill the request.

Thanks for the mods. For Klaudia and Frederica mods, can you remove the shoes? I would ask for bottomless too but I think it's not that simple as removing meshes. 

7 hours ago, fiore99 said:

I understand that this issue is not related to defect of gust tools, but to intended specification of gust tools regarding dds files containing a texture array which you mentioned in release v1.48.
That is, dds files containing a texture array, for example, 000.dds of pc40a.g1t of Ryza 3, extracted by gust_g1t v1.47 can be read with any of paint.net, photoshop, or gimp as one image in which two images are vertically stacked, whereas dds files containing a texture array extracted by gust_g1t v1.48 or newer cannot be properly read with paint.net or photoshop, and thus gust_g1t v1.47 is convenient in some cases.

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm afraid that the issue then is 100% with Paint.net or the PhotoShop plugin being used, because these textures should never have been extracted as a single image of double the dimensions where 2 separate textures are stacked, but as a texture array, that is compliant with the DX10 specs, and that any modern texture editing utility, that is up to speed with the specs, will have no problem editing.

We did specifically mention with the release notes that Paint.net can not handle DX10 texture arrays in the hope, there again, that people who are interested in using Paint.net to edit these kind of textures (I don't really use Paint.net so I don't think I'm the best person to do so) would report it to the place that Paint.net developers are likely to see it, so that they can add support to DX10 texture arrays in a future version (which, again, they are unlikely to do unless somebody explicitly mentions the issue to them...).

So, once again, I have to stress out that if you find software that doesn't work as it should, and it inconveniences you, you should really strive to report it to its developers...

hey guys, quick question please. 

Having only gotten into GUST game releases a few years after their initial release date (BR, BRSL, Ryza 1&2), they've all been updated from KT for the last time meaning no more patches. This means that I can just mod the games and never have to worry about future updates breaking anything.

With Ryza 3, this is my first time being there on release date so it begs the question, what happens when I mod the PAK files with mods and then an update happens? Does the game break? Do I have to re-install the game/mods each time if it does or whenever a new update comes?

6 hours ago, hotNess16 said:

Thanks for the mods. For Klaudia and Frederica mods, can you remove the shoes? I would ask for bottomless too but I think it's not that simple as removing meshes. 

Please do not make requests to me. I am an engineer trying to do art. I do not believe I have the skill to fullfill either request... maybe someone else can mod my mod.
Assuming that there is a entire foot in the not-visible part of the foot when the shoes are removed, the characters would be floating a couple inches above the floor. In my opinion this would look very bad and I do not know of a precise way to lower the height of every single mesh the same distance. Based on what I saw in the Klaudia mesh the lower half of the hair would likely behave strangely even if I did...

On 3/29/2023 at 11:14 PM, amorrow28 said:

Ok, I tested unpack-repack with the current version of Gust Tools and it works fine.  I was able to unpack PACK00_02.PAK, replace Ryza with my nude mod, then repack the file and load it in game.  The characters animate normally.  I can also confirm that DLC packs (PACK20_xx.PAK) can still run unpacked, only PACK00_02.PAK (and possibly other PACK00 files) needs to be repacked.

UPDATE: Instructions now allow for unpacked models - thank you to @fiore99

This is what I did:

1.  Reset my install to base (I deleted my x64\character folder then did Steam -> Ryza 3 -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files) - I suspect this step can be skipped because the update did not alter any PAK files.

2. Unpack {Ryza3}\Data\PACK00_02.PAK by dragging the file onto gust_pak.exe from Gust ToolsDO NOT move {Ryza3}\Data\data\x64 to {Ryza3}\Data\x64 (yet).

3. Backup PACK00_02.json by renaming it to PACK00_02.json.backup.  Download @fiore99's modified PACK00_02.json here and put it in the {Ryza3}\Data folder, replacing the json file you just renamed.

4. Backup PACK00_02.PAK by renaming it to PACK00_02.PAK.backup.  Drag the new PACK00_02.json file onto gust_pak.exe.  You should now have a much smaller PACK00_02.PAK.

5. (OPTIONAL) Go into the {Ryza3}\Data\data\x64\character folder.  You can safely delete the cf00, cf01, cm00, and cm01 folders as they are in your new PACK00_02.PAK file.

6. Move {Ryza3}\Data\data\x64\character to {Ryza3}\Data\x64\character.  You can now install your mods.  For example, if you want to install my Ryza nude mod, replace {Ryza3}\Data\x64\character\pc40a\pc40a.elixir.gz and pc40a.g1t with the files that come with the nude mod.

Hopefully this works for everyone!

For those of you who already had a working configuration before the update and just want to repack your current configuration, you should be able to do so.  But you MUST reverse the step where you moved the data folder - \Data\x64\character must be returned to \Data\data\x64\character because that is where Gust Tools expects the files to be.  After repacking with the custom json file, move the files back.

I did this and it seemed to work but none of the mods actually work, no nudes. Dx once again I think I installed them wrong or the pak files didn't extract like pc04 and so one because when I  it didn't ask to overwrite anything 

53 minutes ago, Icemoore said:

I did this and it seemed to work but none of the mods actually work, no nudes. Dx once again I think I installed them wrong or the pak files didn't extract like pc04 and so one because when I  it didn't ask to overwrite anything 

post some screenshots