The best thing(s) ever happened to you that changed your life?

giphy.gif?cid=36b14faca9udmsm3b48vxvdglde4vk02g0tbmkd4afytdvdo&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

> Being moved by "What makes you happy thread", I was greatly inspired to start similar tread; "The best thing(s) ever happened to you". Please, believe my when I say that my list of the best things that ever happened to me are true and they radically changed my life. So, here we go:

- My Ivy

- My Prince

- Our children (son and daughter)

- My best friend, Fran

> They are the reason why I am wake up every morning and which makes me endure all unwanted, painful and bad things that comes on me during the day.:classic_smile:

Edited by Evaloves4
3 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Very happy for you.

> Say, why did you change that lovely avatar of the girl with eyes blinder? :classic_ohmy:

She is not blind, and I like this picture/gif.

Spoiler

Lovely girl is xd my stories big bad lol

and thank you ?

Edited by Resdayn
  • Evaloves4 changed the title to The best thing(s) ever happened to you that changed your life?

You mean... that really happens for some people? And you've had four already?!!! ?

I think discovering a kickass spaceship full of cute alien priestess nymphos that are also dream weavers and great cooks.... would definitely change my life for the better. :D

Edited by KoolHndLuke
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, my luck. I've been insanely lucky in life and a lot of the good things that happened to me are results of just being fortunate with my family, connections and opportunities that came from them. Not to say i didn't have to work really hard for things but i recognize that i was lucky to even have the road ahead of me to work hard through.

Edited by Mr. Otaku
Ninja Edit
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1.  The obvious: Being born in the first place, as well as with damn good overall health.  The odds against are astronomical, in both regards.

2. Gotta agree with beefers on this one; definitely born to a good family in one of the better countries on the planet, given what research has indicated is out there for other options of country/situation to be born into.  Not saying it's perfect, or singing its praises as so many are wont to do, but I can't just ignore that, despite all the negatives, it's still a great place to be (both the family and the country) relative to other possibilities of chance.

3. Meeting a security guard at a local college, who made me aware of a possibility I'd never even thought of.  I had backed myself into another "You have no choice due to prior decisions/ current skills/ training" corner. Happened to get talking with him about another avenue of gaining income.  I've spent the last two years studying my ass off about that, and, while it's slow going, I might finally be seeing results.

4. Found an author who tells the truth, instead of what we were trained with regards to "Life is too short to waste, don't spend any more time than necessary doing stuff you don't want to do, so that you can do stuff that you DO want to do."  He can be incredibly negative at times (according to the standard narrative), but when I look at my life so far, I realize that all he does is tell the truth (and yes, it's often very painful to hear).  The fact that it is not fun to hear is just a result of the fact that the standard is to tell children/young people flat out lies, rather than the truth about life.  In short:

Some people are dealt a better hand than others.  No, it's not fair.  You have two options.  1. Bitch and complain, whilst sitting on your ass going nowhere. 2. Realize how astronomically lucky you are to have this thing called 'being alive', and make the most of it.

For those interested, the author is Aaron Clarey.

Breaking up with my ex-girlfriend. I never realized how much she had taken control of my life until she was gone. I feel like I can think far more clearly now. I always thought she was the ultimate source of happiness in my life, but she wasn't. She was just using me.