[mod] Sexbound Reborn

43 minutes ago, Salomão69 said:

When I try to use Sexbound Reborn with Aphrodite's Bow the game crashes before it even starts.
It doesn't happen with the Sexbound API.

You have SBR installed wrongly. In fact, for as far as the game is concerned you do not have it installed at all.

Aphrodite's Bow is set up so that is "requires" Sexbound to be installed. Which is not the case, so Starbound crashes because it cannot load all mods.

You are also missing the SBR Aphrodite's Bow Patch.

2 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

You have SBR installed wrongly. In fact, for as far as the game is concerned you do not have it installed at all.

Aphrodite's Bow is set up so that is "requires" Sexbound to be installed. Which is not the case, so Starbound crashes because it cannot load all mods.

You are also missing the SBR Aphrodite's Bow Patch.

I think I understand.
I will try to download again.

Would it be possible to upload Sexbound Reborn to the Steam workshop?
They already did this for the Sexbound API and it made it very practical.

42 minutes ago, Salomão69 said:

I think I understand.
I will try to download again.

Would it be possible to upload Sexbound Reborn to the Steam workshop?
They already did this for the Sexbound API and it made it very practical.

I have no intentions of putting the mod there.

The old Sexbound API and the other few Sexbound related mods there have been uploaded by a thief without permission.

Question: How easy/hard would it be to make Sexbound completely ignore (don't do behavior, don't calculate arousal, can't use sex toys, don't create nodes etc.) any npc/pc that is an unsupported species type instead of using default human animations. I need this for "muh immersion". Is it as simple as placing something like if not species in supportedPlayerSpecies then return. I have experience with Papyrus and some C++ but pretty much none in lua unfortunately.

Edited by janmar101
typo
1 hour ago, janmar101 said:

Question: How easy/hard would it be to make Sexbound completely ignore (don't do behavior, don't calculate arousal, can't use sex toys, don't create nodes etc.) any npc/pc that is an unsupported species type instead of using default human animations. I need this for "muh immersion". Is it as simple as placing something like if not species in supportedPlayerSpecies then return. I have experience with Papyrus and some C++ but pretty much none in lua unfortunately.

On a scale from Easy to Suffering, achieving what you are requesting would be a solid medium rare.

The areas needed to be affected, and especially how to properly change it, are a few.

For players it is pretty simple - you would need to edit the player entity override script, and make the handler that triggers the sending of actor data to always return nil and immediately forcibly cancle the lounging of the entity. That way no actor data gets sent to the node to render an actor, and the player doesn't linger in an invisible limbo state sitting in the node, occupyinga slot for no reason.

If you want to disable arousal mechanics and everything else aswell, thing's get even more complicated - though in theory it could work just not initializing the corresponsing modules in the init function of the player entity override class when player.species() is not in the config's "allowedPlayerSpecies" list.

Now for NPCs, this is where things get funky. Because NPC behavior is mostly not determined by their main script, but by their behavior tree. Which is a giant mess of black magic. You'd need to add a node at the beginning of the main sexbound behavior sub-tree, which fetches the config data from the entity, evaluates if the species is in the list, and if not always returns false to abort executing of any other nodes lower in the tree. That would require adding a custom function with parameters to the node list, edit or patch it into the the behavior tree file, all while not making any syntax errors as the NPC would just explode if you do, and deal with the whole "board" mechanic of Starbound behavior trees to store and pass on variables between node instances. The pinacle of asynchronous coding:tm:. And for good measure, you might want to do the same thing to the main NPC override class too, to make sure if they ever accidentally end up lounging in a sexnode nothing happens.

Thank you for the swift reply and sorry to be bothering you again but I guess it was inevitable... I tried to place a code

local _, validatedSpecies
    _, validatedSpecies = util.find(self:getConfig().sex.supportedPlayerSpecies, function(v)
        return v == player.species()
    end)
    if not (validatedSpecies) then
        return nil
    end

in function function Sexbound.Player.new() inside ..\override\player.lua file but it always returns nil, even when it shouldn't. I think I'm definitely not typing something correctly here b/c even if I take out the "if not..." condtion part it will still return nil.

Log error says [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')

Also, how would I go about canceling lounging. From what I see the player.lounge command makes the player lounge in a specified entity but there is no command to remove from lounging? There is a player.isLounging() command but I think it is only used for returning a value, not setting it.

EDIT: OK. I got the first part to work by moving this code down just above "return self". Supported PCs now work, unsupported ones will just become invisible. Figuring out the second part now.

Edited by janmar101
4 hours ago, janmar101 said:

Thank you for the swift reply and sorry to be bothering you again but I guess it was inevitable... I tried to place a code

local _, validatedSpecies
    _, validatedSpecies = util.find(self:getConfig().sex.supportedPlayerSpecies, function(v)
        return v == player.species()
    end)
    if not (validatedSpecies) then
        return nil
    end

in function function Sexbound.Player.new() inside ..\override\player.lua file but it always returns nil, even when it shouldn't. I think I'm definitely not typing something correctly here b/c even if I take out the "if not..." condtion part it will still return nil.

Log error says [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')

Also, how would I go about canceling lounging. From what I see the player.lounge command makes the player lounge in a specified entity but there is no command to remove from lounging? There is a player.isLounging() command but I think it is only used for returning a value, not setting it.

EDIT: OK. I got the first part to work by moving this code down just above "return self". Supported PCs now work, unsupported ones will just become invisible. Figuring out the second part now.

I would try just using "player.lounge()", hoping that maybe an entityId of nil cancles lounging.

So I recently updated to this from Sexbound after probably a year and a half of not playing the game, and I've got some questions about new and old things I'm encountering:

1.) Are there any uses for Semen and Ejaculant?

2.) Is there any way to turn certain crewmembers permanently into futas? I don't think Lovely Whips makes the transformation permanent and I seem to recall that I had to edit a config file in old Sexbound to make them futas.

39 minutes ago, horndog2493 said:

So I recently updated to this from Sexbound after probably a year and a half of not playing the game, and I've got some questions about new and old things I'm encountering:

1.) Are there any uses for Semen and Ejaculant?

2.) Is there any way to turn certain crewmembers permanently into futas? I don't think Lovely Whips makes the transformation permanent and I seem to recall that I had to edit a config file in old Sexbound to make them futas.

Bodyfluids don'T have any use in vanilla Sexbound. Iirc Lewdbound allows you to turn them into fuel.

EB's Lovely Whips changes are persistent.

The config options from the old futa plugin have been removed, the only way to affect sub-gender are now species declaration (in the .species file), entity storage (as applied by Apple of Discord from AB, that one whip from EBs, using the customizer for the player) and temporary items (Lustbound's Futa back item). Speaking of the latter, since you want crewmembers you could wear the futa back item yourself when changing your crew's clothing via the tailor - but that changes every female crewmember to futa and every male to cuntboy.

42 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Bodyfluids don'T have any use in vanilla Sexbound. Iirc Lewdbound allows you to turn them into fuel.

EB's Lovely Whips changes are persistent.

The config options from the old futa plugin have been removed, the only way to affect sub-gender are now species declaration (in the .species file), entity storage (as applied by Apple of Discord from AB, that one whip from EBs, using the customizer for the player) and temporary items (Lustbound's Futa back item). Speaking of the latter, since you want crewmembers you could wear the futa back item yourself when changing your crew's clothing via the tailor - but that changes every female crewmember to futa and every male to cuntboy.

When I use the whip on a female crewmember and then take them with me planetside, they don't keep their penis. I don't want to use the tailor since I want to select which npcs are futa or not.

Also, is there a way to edit sex dialogue currently?

2 hours ago, horndog2493 said:

When I use the whip on a female crewmember and then take them with me planetside, they don't keep their penis. I don't want to use the tailor since I want to select which npcs are futa or not.

Also, is there a way to edit sex dialogue currently?

Well, that's the fun thing about crewmembers. They don't retain any data when "switching dimensions". As all the game does is kill the original, then spawn a new one that looks like the original. A fix to retain sexbound data on both pets and crewmembers will be coming in 1.2.

As for dialogue, its easily accessible and editable in "dialog/<lang>/positions/<position>/<speciesname><gender>.config". The structure inside the file is very technical, but freely editable.

1 hour ago, Mortal_Will said:

is this mod still incompatible with FU NPC types? If so what's the possibility of making the compatible?

If you're talking about how some FU crewmembers aren't sexbound compatible then yes they're still not compatible, I've been trying to find where in FU's code that's been toggled off.

1 hour ago, Mortal_Will said:

is this mod still incompatible with FU NPC types? If so what's the possibility of making the compatible?

FU npc types are still unsupported. And this will not change.

The issue, however, is simple enough for yourself to fix on your own copy. Sexbound patches Sexbound data into the base npctype. Most every vanilla npc type inherits base. FU's npc types do not. Therefor, they do not get Sexbound data. The solution would be to copy the base.npctype.patch and rename it to FU's incompatible npc types.

so if I wanted to add a crew support would I do the same thing but use the crew patch instead? also do you happen to have a list of FU's incompatible NPC types or should I just use all the ones on the wiki? I've not done any starbound modding before

2 hours ago, Mortal_Will said:

so if I wanted to add a crew support would I do the same thing but use the crew patch instead? also do you happen to have a list of FU's incompatible NPC types or should I just use all the ones on the wiki? I've not done any starbound modding before

I'm not gonna touch FU with a 10 foot pole, so you'd need to do the research yourself. You probably don't need to/should not do all individually, you just need to unpak FU, check their npc type declarations and check which one is their "base", then patch that.

On a fun note, I figured out how to change almost all the NPC in Lustra to my custom race ... sadly there seems to be at least 2 that wont change and I cant find them in the file structure.

one is so non descript I plan on just leaving him alone, the other is ... well quite noticeable, she has a whip and police hat on, stays on the far left side. I literally ran through every .npctype file and could not find her.

Any ideas?

3 hours ago, doctorpotato said:

On a fun note, I figured out how to change almost all the NPC in Lustra to my custom race ... sadly there seems to be at least 2 that wont change and I cant find them in the file structure.

one is so non descript I plan on just leaving him alone, the other is ... well quite noticeable, she has a whip and police hat on, stays on the far left side. I literally ran through every .npctype file and could not find her.

Any ideas?

The woman with the whip to the left and the other one to the far right, correct?

They seem to be part of Lustbound Aphrodite's Bow Addon, the npc folder has two files: 'slut2golustiadominatrix.npctype' and 'slut2golustiaworriedhooker.npctype'.