Blockhead

Symon

Ah, I was hoping for a version with less scripts. Using AutoSetBody destroys my FPS's for some reason :P

I'll try it tomorrow :)

Yes, AutoSetbody has some FPS issues. While I can fix the performance issue myself, what gerra's planning is something more I believe. His plan is to overhaul its 'tagging' system along with the fix for the performance issue.

Once it's done I can integrate Autosetbody into Setbody as one esp.

Well,, no ETA. :P

• 3 months later...

By the way, does anyone here have any experience in creating OBSE (or SKSE of NVSE) plugins/have any experience with C++? The author of Blockhead unfortunately doesn't't want to create an armor/clothing override and such a thing would prove o be a cool and useful feature.

It would be really cool if someone could write a small one off plugin to cover this.

Cheers guys.

True body shapes mod would be a good base/example to build a block-head dependent plugin out of maybe replace some stuff with blockhead's functions (where are those listed anyway? I want to make a doom-style mod where char gets more injured gets more scars and stuff).

By the way, does anyone here have any experience in creating OBSE (or SKSE of NVSE) plugins/have any experience with C++? The author of Blockhead unfortunately doesn't't want to create an armor/clothing override and such a thing would prove o be a cool and useful feature.

It would be really cool if someone could write a small one off plugin to cover this.

Cheers guys.

Clothing and Armor mesh swapping is already part of OBSE.  That's how the BreakArmor framework, for example, handles clothing, armor, and weapon mesh swaps.

If I ever take a break from writing tools, I make pick up the break armor framework again and build out some sort of SetClothing functionality.  But I really loathe Oblivion scripting, so no promises.  For now, I'm focused on porting my Blender toolbox to a stand-alone framework that directly modifies nifs without the need for any external 3d programs.

Cheers guys.

Clothing and Armor mesh swapping is already part of OBSE.  That's how the BreakArmor framework, for example, handles clothing, armor, and weapon mesh swaps.

If I ever take a break from writing tools, I make pick up the break armor framework again and build out some sort of SetClothing functionality.  But I really loathe Oblivion scripting, so no promises.  For now, I'm focused on porting my Blender toolbox to a stand-alone framework that directly modifies nifs without the need for any external 3d programs.

do you mean your new tool will be able to "transform" armor/clothes/body from any bodytype to any set of bodytypes automatically without the need of other tools running at the same time? that would be awesome :)

also about blockhead, i love how it inspires you people to rewrite your great mods to work more stable and without fps drop.

i might actually try out your new (auto)setbody when it's finished.

do you mean your new tool will be able to "transform" armor/clothes/body from any bodytype to any set of bodytypes automatically without the need of other tools running at the same time? that would be awesome :)

also about blockhead, i love how it inspires you people to rewrite your great mods to work more stable and without fps drop.

i might actually try out your new (auto)setbody when it's finished.

If I were to add setClothing functionality to Break Armor, it would be based on the same mesh swapping principle and approach that it currently uses to swap break meshes.

Basically, it would periodically check the equipped inventory of nearby NPCs.  If an unknown item is identified, it would grab the mesh path and check the mesh path folder for SetClothing compatible items (probably by name).  If an equipped item is SetClothing compatible, it would then ask Movomo's modified version of Setbody Reloaded for the body type category.  Finally, it swaps the mesh to match the NPC's body type.

For actually creating the SetClothing meshes in the first place, I'm working on a portable version of my Lattice Generator tool.  Basically, you could create a lattice in Blender, export that lattice using my lattice export script, and then use my tool to apply that lattice to an entire directory of meshes.

The portable Lattice Generator is currently under development.  I hope to have a test version ready in the next few days.

SetClothing...I don't know...I'd have to get pretty inspired to take up the agony and heartache of Oblivion scripting again.

Oh, i wouldn't recommend waiting for the finished version. Cause i don't see it coming...

Anyway, many people have asked about such "setclothing" framrwork. While i'm not very keen on that myself, who knows? heaven knows if gerra would be writing it a few days later .... :P

Well...

Once I get the Lattice Generator ported, it will be possible to convert entire collections of clothing from one body type to another with just a few clicks of a button.

But I honestly don't know if that will inspire me to code a Setclothing framework or not.

thanks for the explanation. so if it's a completely blender-indipendant tool, then i could just take all the clothes/armor that i downloaded and create a complete set of hgec-variations from it and then chose to use those as replacers. (for example converting a great outfit from HGEC-GUTS to HGEC F-cup LL bottom.)

and if i had them all in one bodytype, i could make the versions for every setbody-bodytype and we would have the needed clothes/armor for the framework.

of course it's a lot of work to write setclothesbody or whatever you'd name it, but i thin kit would be a great addition to the game.

and even as i cant code it myself, i always followed setbody topic and even understood most of the code/pseudocode you people wrote.

if i got the time, maybe i can help by getting into it and also providing you with pseudocode if there's a problem somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Still learning how to do this, so I'm not sure how to make it wait for one frame. I did try testing manually. I made an item that used the head slot, added it in game, equipped it to be sure the head mesh was replaced, and then unequiped it. When the head came back, it was still using the old texture.

Still learning how to do this, so I'm not sure how to make it wait for one frame. I did try testing manually. I made an item that used the head slot, added it in game, equipped it to be sure the head mesh was replaced, and then unequiped it. When the head came back, it was still using the old texture.

Just to be clear (before you contact ShadeMe about the possible bug), try this first: I haven't tried that function yet.

SetAssetOverride functions return 1 if the action was successful, and will return 0 when the action failed. So, store the result in some integer variable, like Let success := someActor.SetHeadAssetOverride (args) and see what happens.

If that returns false, double check that your override path is valid and calling syntax is correct, as obse compiler silently slips many many many important things.

The thing to remember about calling Update3D on the player is that it updates the CURRENT player meshes.

So if you are in 1st person, Update3d updates the 1st person meshes. Not normally what you wanted to do. You normally change and want to update the 3rd person meshes. So you need to toggle the view (via script) to third person before swapping a mesh and calling Update3d on the player (via script).

Things work much better when you do this.

ASX uses this to produce visible male and female stages of arousal. Works a treat and seems pretty bomb proof. You can hide the signs under clothes but they won't go away!

SetAssetOverride functions return 1 if the action was successful, and will return 0 when the action failed. So, store the result in some integer variable, like Let success := someActor.SetHeadAssetOverride (args) and see what happens.

If that returns false, double check that your override path is valid and calling syntax is correct, as obse compiler silently slips many many many important things.

Sorry if I was being confusing. The function does return 1 and Blockhead seems to be doing it's job... if I type "player.update3d" in the console, I'll get the new face texture. I just thought update3d wasn't the ideal way to do it, because it interrupts animations. Swapping armor works for the body textures, but nothing I've tried (other than update3d) works for the head. Didn't know if I was missing something, or if the head textures are a special case.

The thing to remember about calling Update3D on the player is that it updates the CURRENT player meshes.

So if you are in 1st person, Update3d updates the 1st person meshes. Not normally what you wanted to do. You normally change and want to update the 3rd person meshes. So you need to toggle the view (via script) to third person before swapping a mesh and calling Update3d on the player (via script).

I didn't realize that's how it worked. Thanks, that's handy to know.

Ok, you were talking about the player. For the player it shouldn't matter whether you wait for one frame or not.

How about asking about it to ShadeMe?

Well, I'll either try that, or just see if I can work around it.

Archived