Blockhead

Symon

I'm curious.. Did anybody noticed any strange behavior after installing blockhead plugin?

*Sometimes* I cannot draw my weapon or cast any spell. It seems to happen randomly.

I'm not sure if this is because of the potential bug of blockhead, or caused by Update3D call on the player(setbody). I want to know if anyone experienced the same issue, just to be clear.

So far It's running well for me. No problems. Textures and meshes swapping when appropriate like a dream.

One thing I did when getting it working was setting the features I wasn't using (yet) to 'off' in the ini. My first try at the idle swapping produced a regular CTD, so I punted on those for the while. See if it still happens if you turn everything except mesh/textures swaps off.

Thank you Symon, I was finally able to confirm that 'Blockhead' has no problem so far by disabling idle anim override & racemenu pose features.

The problem was 'Update3D' call on the player, indeed. For some crazy reason, Update3D call *sometimes* prevents the current animation from finished, thus I can't draw weapons, cast spells. When I try to equip a weapon it says "can't equip it while attacking blah blah.." Animation function like Playgroup idle 1 or initiating conversation should fix the problem, but appearantly Playgroup does not take effect when called in GameMode.

So the workaround is simply equipping/unequipping a clothing. Primitive, but works anyway! It doesn't reset animation that currently being played or cause stupid bug.

Begin Function {rActor}

rActor.AddItemNS BombshellUpdateUpper 1
	rActor.AddItemNS BombshellUpdateLower 1
	rActor.AddItemNS BombshellUpdateHand 1
	rActor.AddItemNS BombshellUpdateFoot 1

;Upperbody
	set r to rActor.GetEquippedObject 2
;If some item is currently equipped on this slot, we leave it alone. Otherwise we equip/unequip it to update the appearance.
;Silent equip/unequip requires OBSE v20.
	if IsFormValid r == 0
		rActor.EquipItemSilent BombshellUpdateUpper
		rActor.UnequipItemSilent BombshellUpdateUpper
	endif

;Lowerbody
	set r to rActor.GetEquippedObject 3
	if IsFormValid r == 0
		rActor.EquipItemSilent BombshellUpdateLower
		rActor.UnequipItemSilent BombshellUpdateLower
	endif

;Hand
	set r to rActor.GetEquippedObject 4
	if IsFormValid r == 0
		rActor.EquipItemSilent BombshellUpdateHand
		rActor.UnequipItemSilent BombshellUpdateHand
	endif

;Foot
	set r to rActor.GetEquippedObject 5
	if IsFormValid r == 0
		rActor.EquipItemSilent BombshellUpdateFoot
		rActor.UnequipItemSilent BombshellUpdateFoot
	endif

;Tail 15

rActor.RemoveItemNS BombshellUpdateUpper 1
	rActor.RemoveItemNS BombshellUpdateLower 1
	rActor.RemoveItemNS BombshellUpdateHand 1
	rActor.RemoveItemNS BombshellUpdateFoot 1

End

Now that the most annoying bug is gone, I shall upload the beta plugin in the Setbody Reloaded thread, as promised.

=====

Well. You guys don't like searching for other thread. I understand.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/13908-setbody-reloaded/?p=491779

Meshes\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\Tolkien Elves\F\Tolkien Elves_Foot.nif
Meshes\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\Tolkien Elves\F\Tolkien Elves_Hand.nif
Meshes\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\Tolkien Elves\F\Tolkien Elves_LowerBody.nif
Meshes\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\Tolkien Elves\F\Tolkien Elves_UpperBody.nif

I have this for the Tolkien Elves race from Beautiful People 2ch-Ed mod.
I can't get the custom body meshes to work for the race. I also play as a Tolkien Elf race.

And this is my ini:

[bodyOverride]
OverrideTexturePerNPC=1
OverrideTexturePerRace=1
OverrideModelPerNPC=1
OverrideModelPerRace=1
[General]
GenderVariantHeadMeshes=1
GenderVariantHeadTextures=1
[inventoryIdleOverride]
Enabled=1
Idle=
HandToHandIdle=
HandToHandTorchIdle=
OneHandIdle=Onehandidle_DMC_Inventory_Idle.kf
OneHandTorchIdle=
TwoHandIdle=TwohandIdle_DMC_Inventory_Idle.kf
StaffIdle=
BowIdle=
[RaceMenuPoser]
Enabled=1
MovementSpeed=1.500000
RotationSpeed=2.000000

What's wrong I checked in CS and there is exactly one white space in between Tolkien and Elves.

^Perrace was meant literally: Ex try placing everything in Meshes\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\perrace\F\race_bodypart.nif

Love blockhead, now all the argonians and khajits can have beast-people feet and claws without laggy scripting. Just wish the author had time/interest in clothing armor overrides.

^Perrace was meant literally: Ex try placing everything in Meshes\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\perrace\F\race_bodypart.nif

Love blockhead, now all the argonians and khajits can have beast-people feet and claws without laggy scripting. Just wish the author had time/interest in clothing armor overrides.

Thank you so much! After so long it finally works. :)

What "lore friendly" bodies for vanilla races do you guys propose?

It should be possible to handle that within the breakarmor framework.

I'd have to take a look at my code, but it should be fairly straightforward to add a configurable check for NPC races and then look for race specific clothing meshes.

Of course, we'd need some sort of clothing naming convention for swaping out the meshes.

I'd have to take a look at my code, but it should be fairly straightforward to add a configurable check for NPC races and then look for race specific clothing meshes.

Of course, we'd need some sort of clothing naming convention for swaping out the meshes.

Liked just because you came back.

I by the way noticed that break armor is more stable when it doesn't purge itself on every save/load event.

Liked just because you came back.

I by the way noticed that break armor is more stable when it doesn't purge itself on every save/load event.

Yeah...I need to remove most of the purging from the break armor framework.  The excessive purging is the legacy from an ugly bughunt (the save-bloat culprit was a single string variable that wasn't getting explicitly destroyed).

Updating the framework is at the top of my list of projects to tackle,  as I ease my way back into modding...I had an ugly case of burn out.  Caught up on some games I had been ignoring in favor of modding...and then Dark Souls went on sale.

beat people feet and claws? Where can I get this stuff for Oblivion?

Lol with the mesh swamping feature someone can make boob job surgeon mod.   :D

So I've been taking a look at some of the functionality of Blockhead. As near as I have been able to determine, mesh/texture swaps done on the fly on characters in the current cell won't actually update any currently visible meshes (the same issue with any other OBSE mesh swaps).

This likely means that any NPCs in the current cell probably need to be hit with Update3d. Update3d is...awful...it resets animations, partially resets the AI, and occasionally has other buggy weirdness. It also does not work reliably on the player.

So I'm wondering...is there another option? Would forcing the NPC or player to equip a generic nude manequin body (clothing that covers hands, torso, legs, feet and maybe head) for a single frame and then unequipping it solve the problem in a slightly less disruptive manner?

^ I ripped out the foot/lowbody meshes from the mods KATS and Scripted Argonian Feet. Don't remember if they included claws, if not you could just grab a copy of slof's claws and use that for the hands.

Thats good but there's no nude mesh for khajiit lowerbody. I tried to combine nude robert lowerbody and KATS foot but they mismatch. The engine don't display the feet at all. I can only see bottom of the foot which is kinda silhouetted the rest of the mesh is missing. I tried to do with all the meshes from KATS and still the waist down part of the body is not displaying at all. 

Maybe you use this http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/35202/?

Khajiit Pawns As Ability? 

I will try this one.

////

Yep meshes from Khajiit Pawns as Ability work a lot better. 

So I'm wondering...is there another option? Would forcing the NPC or player to equip a generic nude manequin body (clothing that covers hands, torso, legs, feet and maybe head) for a single frame and then unequipping it solve the problem in a slightly less disruptive manner?

You don't need to wait for a frame. It can be done within a frame and hardly noticeable except the annoying additem sound.

That's what I get for posting too early in the morning. (grin). I meant equipitemsilent. etc, but managed to write add.

My memory is that additemNS suppresses message spam and that there is no equip sound. Is my memory that faulty? I'll have to check, but I'm sure I've added thing to characters with additemNS and then equipitemsilent with no messages and complete lack of sound effects.

That's what I get for posting too early in the morning. (grin). I meant equipitemsilent. etc, but managed to write add.

My memory is that additemNS suppresses message spam and that there is no equip sound. Is my memory that faulty? I'll have to check, but I'm sure I've added thing to characters with additemNS and then equipitemsilent with no messages and complete lack of sound effects.

Oh yes, I checked my Setbody again and it already doesn't make add/remove sound.

It was just my imagination. I was confused because of the spell sound.

I wonder, what would be the chance of doing an autoset body mod based on Blockhead?

Gerra will deal with it once he got some time. Besides, Autosetbody has nothing to do with Blockhead. It just tells Setbody.esp to assign a randomly chosen body to any given npc.

You should be able to use both of Autosetbody and Blockhead Setbody with no problem. Would you give it a try?

Archived