2 hours ago, Alturistix said:

I needed to update this before, but it was Mutated Lust and Atomic Lust's new updates that were causing issues with AAF. Its on the AAF discord and manual page as well.

Good to know. I hadn't updated those yet because I didn't notice any new animations that really convinced me to update. Glad you found the issue.

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It probably wouldn't be too hard to work into Devious Devices as a gag(+blindfold?) if someone made the mesh for it. DD already has parasite tentacle monster "clothing" (more fully realized in RC8, 2.0 only has the meshes).

Yeah, Skyrim did the same thing. What I meant was as an actual creature that attacks rather than a bondage item. Probably a massive undertaking and I do wish I was a decent modder where I could attempt to build it.

Very excited by the possibilities of this!

Idea : Encounter, requires 'furniture' versions of the tentacles which act like crosses etc from Torture Devices, then find out some way to spawn a group of people caught in them using the 'Commonwealth Captives' mod, but with extra 'danger-type' tentacles around. So a group spawns where there are people restrained in the tentacles, you can rescue them like CC mod, avoiding the dangerous ones. When you rescue someone the 'tentacle bondage device' they were affixed to turns into a random tentacle type. (also maybe spawns more tentacles nearby).

[visuals : a crucifix could be replaced by two tentacles holding wrists aloft... a pole-tie with arms up could be one long tentacle rising up and around wrists... kneeling pose for short tentacle wrapping around victim's neck, wrists... ground-bound fixed to floor... etc]

Idea : 'tentacle brain' for encounter groups, maybe this spawns out of the ground once you either get caught in, or kill, a tentacle. This is not a tentacle itself but some kind of brain with a mouth, spitting goo, causing more tentacles to spawn periodically. Kill the tentabrain to win the encounter, all spawned tentacles die.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:13 AM, Snapdragon_ said:

Scaleform memory has a limit, so it was likely pushed over the edge when the tentacle positions were added to your game. I'm working on a solution to this limitation in another project atm,

Some results from additional experements

Total amount of declared <position ... > nodes in AAF XML files has an effect. I've removed some position node declarations from another XML files and issue stop triggering.

Also I've recorded amount of memory allocated by Scaleform. At the moment of issue reproducing it is about 87MB (91_622_824 bytes). And another AAF UI features displayed normally - when I opened administrator UI in AAF memory usage increased to 92_282_784 bytes.

I don't think that memory required to open actors selection dialog is more than a few megabytes, so I don't think that issue triggered by general memory limitation. In the case when issue is not triggered and actors selection dialog is displayed, memory usage was 92_435_368. So, memory required to display dialog does not exceed 1 megabyte.

Maybe issue caused by arrays limititation, but I didn't found any notices about such kind of limitations. 

Edited by Dlinny_Lag
2 hours ago, kdoggg1971 said:

Yeah, Skyrim did the same thing. What I meant was as an actual creature that attacks rather than a bondage item. Probably a massive undertaking and I do wish I was a decent modder where I could attempt to build it.

An onHit event in Papyrus could be used to delete the parasite Actor and equip the relevant parasite Armor onto the player. Another script attached to the Armor could periodically/randomly wake up and throttle the player (triggering a struggle idle, maybe also sound and notification). That part would be relatively trivial compared to creating the assets for the creature (meshes, skeleton, textures, animations, and so on). I don't know of any way to make the Armor move on its own, though adding a well-modeled particle effects emitter could probably simulate a lot of that (and within the struggle animation it could be articulated as a second Actor instead).

8 hours ago, Alturistix said:

It was the newer update of Mutated Lust and Atomic Lust that were causing issues. Downgraded (V1.3 for mutated and 2.6.1b for Atomic Lust) which resolved the issue

5 hours ago, Alturistix said:

I needed to update this before, but it was Mutated Lust and Atomic Lust's new updates that were causing issues with AAF. Its on the AAF discord and manual page as well.

To be clear, the new versions of Atomic Lust and Mutated Lust work fine (I've been using them quite happily). A problem arises if you're patching them with something like UAP or Patch for Animations, since you always need to use the versions of animations your patches specify, and wait for patches to be updated before upgrading animations they're patching. If you don't patch, you can use the original animation packs without issue.

8 hours ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

'furniture' versions of the tentacles which act like crosses etc from Torture Devices

Speaking of which, does anyone happen to know what the "tentacle" Actor that comes in the Torture Devices plugin is for? @EgoBallistic: is that just unfinished content?

7 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

Some results from additional experements

Total amount of declared <position ... > nodes in AAF XML files has an effect. I've removed some position node declarations from another XML files and issue stop triggering.

Also I've recorded amount of memory allocated by Scaleform. At the moment of issue reproducing it is about 87MB (91_622_824 bytes). And another AAF UI features displayed normally - when I opened administrator UI in AAF memory usage increased to 92_282_784 bytes.

I don't think that memory required to open actors selection dialog is more than a few megabytes, so I don't think that issue triggered by general memory limitation. In the case when issue is not triggered and actors selection dialog is displayed, memory usage was 92_435_368. So, memory required to display dialog does not exceed 1 megabyte.

Maybe issue caused by arrays limititation, but I didn't found any notices about such kind of limitations. 

Yeah, I remember when I tried to test Story Action Poses (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/58448), everything just stopped working altogether because of the sheer amount of positions in that mod. I'm not 100% sure where the limitation lies, but there is one somewhere in the ActionScript VM. But perhaps I should have elaborated a bit before, I'm not looking to expand Scaleform memory, I'm skipping over the issue entirely in my WIP project.

6 hours ago, poblivion said:

Some of those are pretty good. Ones with lots of tentacles take a lot of animation work, but I might try one of the Mercy ones or the Alexstrasza one.

3 hours ago, NukaKhorne said:

Really nice mod,little question will we have ejaculation in the future?And cum?

I'm not really interested in that stuff, so I probably won't do it myself. But other modders are open to make stuff like that. The animation kit on the main page should make it fairly straightforward.

Edited by Snapdragon_
5 hours ago, NukaKhorne said:

Really nice mod,little question will we have ejaculation in the future?And cum?

You could add tags to the positions in AnimTentacle_positionData.xml.  That way scripted cum solutions like Cum Overlays will add cum after the AAF scene.  For example, I set mine up like this:

Spoiler
<positionData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">
    <defaults startEquipmentSet="unEquip" stopEquipmentSet="reEquip" startMorphSet="ready" stopMorphSet="unReady" walkOffset="0,50,180"/>

<!-- One Tentacle -->

<position id="Snap - MT Sex" tags="HandToVagina,Neutral"/>
    <position id="Snap - FT Sex" tags="PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FT Sex Anal" tags="PenisToAnus,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FT Doggy" tags="PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FT Doggy Anal" tags="PenisToAnus,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FT UpsideDown Anal" tags="PenisToAnus,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FT UpsideDown" tags="PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FT Standing Doggy Anal" tags="PenisToAnus,Aggressive"/>

<!-- Two Tentacles -->

<position id="Snap - FTT Doggy" tags="PenisToAnus,PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FTT Sex" tags="PenisToAnus,PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FTT UpsideDown" tags="PenisToAnus,PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FTT Standing Doggy Anal" tags="PenisToAnus,Aggressive"/>

<!-- Three Tentacles -->

<position id="Snap - FTTT Doggy" tags="PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FTTT Doggy Anal" tags="PenisToAnus,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FTTT UpsideDown MC" tags="PenisToAnus,PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
    <position id="Snap - FTTT Held" tags="PenisToAnus,PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>

<!-- Four Tentacles -->

<position id="Snap - FTTTT Doggy" tags="PenisToAnus,PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>

<!-- Five Tentacles -->

<position id="Snap - FTTTTT One Leg Lift" tags="PenisToVagina,Aggressive"/>
</positionData>

I would have another idea, a little wish (request).

I would like it if the tentacle came out of some kind of flower (plant) I think Bloodleaf would be great for that purpose. It has a similar color and the center of the flower is like made for a tentacle. Bloodleaf is a bit tall, so it would be better to plant the plant lower in the ground, or flatten it a bit so that it doesn't interfere with the character during the animation.

This animation brought me to this idea. https://static1.e621.net/data/6b/f7/6bf7b45c9f0b8bd2abc2c5870beecfe8.webm

Spoiler

Photo3395.jpg.9d0ed785a0a515635bf302c136c57381.jpg

15 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Ich hätte noch eine andere Idee, einen kleinen Wunsch (Anfrage).

Ich würde es mögen, wenn der Tentakel aus einer Art Blume (Pflanze) käme. Ich denke, Bloodleaf wäre für diesen Zweck großartig. Sie hat eine ähnliche Farbe und die Blütenmitte ist wie für einen Tentakel gemacht. Bloodleaf ist ein bisschen groß, also wäre es besser, die Pflanze tiefer in den Boden zu pflanzen oder sie etwas zu glätten, damit sie den Charakter während der Animation nicht stört.

Diese Animation brachte mich auf diese Idee. https://static1.e621.net/data/6b/f7/6bf7b45c9f0b8bd2abc2c5870beecfe8.webm

Hide contents

Foto3395.jpg.9d0ed785a0a515635bf302c136c57381.jpg

and you could also plant this plant yourself on a "bed" of a settlement or greenhouse

or

to set something up in a laboratory room
would be absolutely perfect - next to it a pillory or X-cross

?

On 2/2/2023 at 9:37 PM, vaultbait said:

Totally spitballing, use the random encounter framework to spawn a very large trigger box with an attached script that does a placeatme of tentacles at the player's coordinates and then disables+deletes itself.

I spent a chunk of time yesterday implementing a tentacle trap (sans the random encounter framework integration) that I could manually place in some custom cells for an upcoming mod. All in all it works pretty well: on entering the trap area there's a random chance that it triggers, and if it does then a short random countdown timer starts in the background after which it slows the player (can't run/sprint/etc) and begins popping up passive tentacles at the player's coordinates every second or two. On each iteration there's a chance that the player pulls free or a chance that the next tentacle is aggressive.

Once an aggressive tentacle is decided, the player gets knocked down (Havok push with no force) and controls briefly disabled, then between 3 and 7 aggressive tentacles appear at random coordinates very near the player, before controls are reenabled and the player stands back up. This bit of complexity was mainly to work around the 5 second delay where tentacles won't "attack" immediately after spawning, and also because for some reason if you spawn a tentacle right at the player and the player doesn't move or moves away from the tentacle, it doesn't seem to attack (based on my testing, I needed to walk away from the tentacle slightly and then approach it again).

Other useful bits are that the trap chooses which of the four varieties of tentacle will be used when it's entered, consistently pairing the passive and aggressive variants for the chosen type; it shows messages (supplied by script properties) when the trap effects start and either when they end in an attack or pulling free; all spawned tentacles are tracked on an array and garbage-collected after a brief time if the player is far enough away from them or on the trap unloading; the script itself operates via soft integration, so the triggerbox will quietly do nothing if Animated Tentacles isn't installed.

The spoiler contains a stripped-down implementation anyone should feel free to use in their own projects, but consider it mailer code because in my version it relies on some variables and mechanics of the mod I intend to ship it with, so I haven't tested this simplified version:

Spoiler
Scriptname ShokushuGoukan_TentacleTrap extends ObjectReference

Actor Property Player Auto Const
Message Property TentacleAttack Auto Const
Message Property TentacleEscape Auto Const
Message Property TentacleTangle Auto Const

InputEnableLayer InputLayer = None
ActorBase AggressiveTentacle = None
ActorBase PassiveTentacle = None
ObjectReference[] Tentacles
Bool Dormant = True
Bool InitialPass = False

Function Hamper()
    InputLayer = InputEnableLayer.Create()
    InputLayer.EnableFastTravel(False)
    InputLayer.EnableFighting(False)
    InputLayer.EnableJumping(False)
    InputLayer.EnableRunning(False)
    InputLayer.EnableSneaking(False)
    InputLayer.EnableSprinting(False)
EndFunction

Function Release()
    InputLayer.Reset()
    InputLayer.Delete()
    InputLayer = None
EndFunction

Function CleanUp(Bool Force = False)
    Debug.Trace("Shokushu Goukan: Checking " + Tentacles.Length + " tentacles for freshness")
    Actor Tentacle
    Int Count = Tentacles.Length - 1
    While Count >= 0
        Tentacle = Tentacles[Count] as Actor
        If Force || Player.GetDistance(Tentacle) > 500
            Debug.Trace("Shokushu Goukan: Cleaning up stale " + Tentacle.GetActorBase() + " " + Tentacle)
            Tentacle.Disable()
            Tentacle.Delete()
            Tentacles.Remove(Count)
        EndIf
        Count -= 1
    EndWhile
    Debug.Trace("Shokushu Goukan: " + Tentacles.Length + " tentacles remain")
EndFunction

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference akActionRef)
    If akActionRef == Player && Game.IsPluginInstalled("AnimatedTentacles.esp") && Utility.RandomFloat() <= 0.5
        Debug.Trace("Shokushu Goukan: Player has entered the trap volume")
        Dormant = False
        Tentacles = new ObjectReference[0]
        Int TentacleType = Utility.RandomInt(1, 4)
        If TentacleType == 1 ; basic
            AggressiveTentacle = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x002675, "AnimatedTentacles.esp") as ActorBase
            PassiveTentacle = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x000F9D, "AnimatedTentacles.esp") as ActorBase
        ElseIf TentacleType == 2 ; plant
            AggressiveTentacle = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x001EE3, "AnimatedTentacles.esp") as ActorBase
            PassiveTentacle = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x005C5D, "AnimatedTentacles.esp") as ActorBase
        ElseIf TentacleType == 3 ; brain
            AggressiveTentacle = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x001EE4, "AnimatedTentacles.esp") as ActorBase
            PassiveTentacle = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0035C0, "AnimatedTentacles.esp") as ActorBase
        ElseIf TentacleType == 4 ; mech
            AggressiveTentacle = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x005C63, "AnimatedTentacles.esp") as ActorBase
            PassiveTentacle = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x005C62, "AnimatedTentacles.esp") as ActorBase
        EndIf
        InitialPass = True
        StartTimer(Utility.RandomFloat(0, 3))
    EndIf
EndEvent

Event OnTimer(Int timerId)
    Float Odds
    If Dormant
        CleanUp()
        If Tentacles.Length
            Debug.Trace("Shokushu Goukan: More tentacles remain, rescheduling cleanup")
            StartTimer(30)
        EndIf
        Return
    EndIf
    If InitialPass
        Hamper()
        TentacleTangle.Show()
        Odds = Utility.RandomFloat(0.05, 0.5) ; spawn at least one, more likely passive
        InitialPass = False
    Else
        Odds = Utility.RandomFloat()
    EndIf
    Actor Tentacle
    If Odds <= 0.1 ; Lucky you, it's playtime!
        Game.SetPlayerAIDriven(True) ; disable controls temporarily
        TentacleAttack.Show()
        Player.PushActorAway(Player, 1) ; knock down
        Int Count = Utility.RandomInt(3, 7) ; how many aggressive tentacles to spawn
        Debug.Trace("Shokushu Goukan: When tentacles attack! Facing " + Count + " of " + AggressiveTentacle)
        While Count > 0
            Tentacle = Player.PlaceActorAtMe(AggressiveTentacle)
            Tentacle.Disable() ; hide the tentacle temporarily while moving it to a random position
            Tentacles.Add(Tentacle)
            Tentacle.SetPosition(Player.GetPositionX() + Utility.RandomFloat(-125, 125), Player.GetPositionY() + Utility.RandomFloat(-125, 125), Tentacle.GetPositionZ())
            Tentacle.SetAngle(0, 0, Utility.RandomFloat(0, 360))
            Tentacle.Enable()
            Count -= 1
        EndWhile
        Utility.Wait(3) ; lie still for a moment, so the spawn cooldown will be almost over
        Game.SetPlayerAIDriven(False) ; release player controls and stand up
    ElseIf Odds <= 0.9 ; Decorative purposes only
        Tentacle = Player.PlaceActorAtMe(PassiveTentacle)
        Tentacles.Add(Tentacle)
        Debug.Trace("Shokushu Goukan: A decorative tentacle appears! " + PassiveTentacle)
        StartTimer(Utility.RandomFloat(0, 3))
        Return
    Else
        TentacleEscape.Show()
    EndIf
    Utility.Wait(3) ; Delay before un-hindering player movement
    Release()
    Dormant = True
    StartTimer(30)
    Debug.Trace("Shokushu Goukan: Tentacles have released the player, scheduling cleanup")
EndEvent

Event OnUnload()
    If InputLayer != None
        Release()
    EndIf
    CancelTimer()
    CleanUp(True)
EndEvent

Edit: Oops, force cleanup was always on, corrected that just now.

Edited by vaultbait

So I've played with this the last hour.  And I must say, this is so well executed!  There are so many possibilities!  Thank you so much for this!!  I was hoping someone would do this after the Skyrim Tentacles were introduced. 

Here are the only issues I've encountered:

1) Even though there are multiple tentacles, it defaults usually to one tentacle involved in the animation.

2) The "Green ImageSpace Modifier" tends to stay beyond the animation.  This might be because if there are multiple hypnotic tentacles, it seems they all need to have a go before that is cleared.

Can I assume that the passive is meant for use with custom modding?  If I wanted to customise the interaction, I wouldn't want it to automatically trigger when I approach.  

It triggers all the right things for cum overlays and such from what I am seeing.  The cool down is rather short, because it took me a bit to escape the area.  Especially since it keeps spawning other tentacles.  

I intend to use this in my mod.  I want to add "Shadow Tentacles" or "Fog Tentacles".  So I'm hoping it is rather straight forward to change the textures and such. I'm rubbish at 3D modeling. 

Again, this is absolutely amazing!  Great job! It is so much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

Here are the only issues I've encountered:

1) Even though there are multiple tentacles, it defaults usually to one tentacle involved in the animation.

The tentacle script currently doesn't check if there are other tentacles nearby, it just has a random chance to spawn more. If that chance succeeds, those tentacles join in on the animation, then they're deleted once it ends.

2) The "Green ImageSpace Modifier" tends to stay beyond the animation.  This might be because if there are multiple hypnotic tentacles, it seems they all need to have a go before that is cleared.

Yeah, the hypnotic tentacles have been nothing but a nightmare of bugginess since their inception. Synchronizing the hypnosis state when 2, 3, 4+ tentacles are changing Line-of-Sight state is tricky. I'll take another look over everything at some point to see how it can be improved.

Can I assume that the passive is meant for use with custom modding?  If I wanted to customise the interaction, I wouldn't want it to automatically trigger when I approach.  

Yeah, the passive tentacles are the best ones to use if adding custom functionality to them. They don't have any functionality of their own. (Aside from having the death cleanup script on them.)

I intend to use this in my mod.  I want to add "Shadow Tentacles" or "Fog Tentacles".  So I'm hoping it is rather straight forward to change the textures and such. I'm rubbish at 3D modeling. 

The tentacles can be material swapped pretty easily (or even model swapped with any skinned mesh that uses the same skeleton), same as creatures in the base game. The only thing is that you'd have to use xEdit to make AnimatedTentacles.esp a master file for your plugin. (I think there's also a Creation Kit mod on NexusMods that makes it so that the CK can do that.)

18 hours ago, Snapdragon_ said:

The tentacle script currently doesn't check if there are other tentacles nearby, it just has a random chance to spawn more. If that chance succeeds, those tentacles join in on the animation, then they're deleted once it ends.

So they weren't deleted, I was doing a disable;markfordelete;.  Perhaps I didn't wait long enough for them to dissipate.  I was having too much fun thinking of ideas on how to use them.

18 hours ago, Snapdragon_ said:

Yeah, the hypnotic tentacles have been nothing but a nightmare of bugginess since their inception. Synchronizing the hypnosis state when 2, 3, 4+ tentacles are changing Line-of-Sight state is tricky. I'll take another look over everything at some point to see how it can be improved.

Yeah, the passive tentacles are the best ones to use if adding custom functionality to them. They don't have any functionality of their own. (Aside from having the death cleanup script on them.)

The tentacles can be material swapped pretty easily (or even model swapped with any skinned mesh that uses the same skeleton), same as creatures in the base game. The only thing is that you'd have to use xEdit to make AnimatedTentacles.esp a master file for your plugin. (I think there's also a Creation Kit mod on NexusMods that makes it so that the CK can do that.)

Does material swap require it to be .esm?  I didn't know that. I've not been able to get material swap to work properly. That may be the issue! (CK documentation is rubbish at best)

I intend to make your plug-in required, because I REALLY want to use it for my story.  Tentacles have an inherent creepiness to them, and I'm shocked Bethesda didn't include them.  They have tentacles in Elder Scrolls all over the place.

But I seriously thank you for this.  There's so many possibilities for using these. I wish I was better at animation!  One of my NPCs is a Shadow Lord, and he creates shadow tentacles as one of his powers, but until you did this, I wasn't able to find something even remotely close to what I needed. Far Harbour is about to get much more interesting :) 

Thank you for replying!  This is brilliant work. ???

22 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

Tentacles have an inherent creepiness to them, and I'm shocked Bethesda didn't include them.

They did at least add bloodworms with the NW DLC. They're not quite tentacles, but still fit into the slimy sexnoodle horror category if someone ever makes animations for them (if I get into custom animating some day, that's the first project on my list).

45 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

They did at least add bloodworms with the NW DLC. They're not quite tentacles, but still fit into the slimy sexnoodle horror category if someone ever makes animations for them (if I get into custom animating some day, that's the first project on my list).

You know, that's a great point, but no one ever animated them in AAF. I always wondered why!  I mean, they are simple skeletons, it should be easy enough. But I am not an animator.

5 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

You know, that's a great point, but no one ever animated them in AAF. I always wondered why!  I mean, they are simple skeletons, it should be easy enough. But I am not an animator.

I'll chalk it up to DLC aversion. Animators mostly wanted to focus on humans, other humaniods, and occasionally critters from the base game. Not that many animations were done for DLC creatures, mostly just DLC adaptations for variants of things from the base game. But even years later, now that most everyone who has the game also has all the DLCs, there's still not much love (pun intended) where DLC-added creatures are concerned.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I'll chalk it up to DLC aversion. Animators mostly wanted to focus on humans, other humaniods, and occasionally critters from the base game. Not that many animations were done for DLC creatures, mostly just DLC adaptations for variants of things from the base game. But even years later, now that most everyone who has the game also has all the DLCs, there's still not much love (pun intended) where DLC-added creatures are concerned.

I couldn't agree with you more.  No one has done anything with the creatures of Nuka World.  Blood worms could be so interesting in modding.  Though I have to say, SnapDragon's tentacles are extremely interesting for random encounters, pretty much anywhere.  I've never understood why the creatures in the DLC were not then populated to the rest of the commonwealth. 

Wolves should be everywhere!