9 hours ago, Arcticelf said:

This is what i am seeing with it installed.  I have been able to spawn tentacles. However as soon as one AAF scene with the has been trying to type "Help tentalce 4" into the console  the game crashes. This was added to an existing game

That's a deeper problem than this mod. Address library up to date? What happens when you type that w/o the mod installed? 

Are the tentacles NPCs or objects?  It'd be pretty easy to make a Base Object Swapper version of this for just random harvestables like wild mutfruit etc... but that wouldnt work if they're NPCs

Edited by sullysam
22 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

After this mod activation AAF becomes broken and doesn't show list of actors around player like it usually does.

It seems I've hit some AAF internal limit. I've reduced total amount of positions in XML files and now it works.

Note: this limit is not max_array_size that can be configured in ini file.

Damn.  May

50 minutes ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

They are NPC

Damn.  I guess one could possibly make some sort of object that spawns a tentacle via script?  That'd be really useful for quick implementations of this.  You could replace things like puddles, specific decals, plants, furniture, etc with Base Object Swapper with that object, which would then spawn a tentacle then disable itself or something

Just now, sullysam said:

Damn.  May

Damn.  I guess one could possibly make some sort of object that spawns a tentacle via script?  That'd be really useful for quick implementations of this.  You could replace things like puddles, specific decals, plants, furniture, etc with Base Object Swapper with that object, which would then spawn a tentacle then disable itself or something 

Totally spitballing, use the random encounter framework to spawn a very large trigger box with an attached script that does a placeatme of tentacles at the player's coordinates and then disables+deletes itself.

6 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

It seems I've hit some AAF internal limit. I've reduced total amount of positions in XML files and now it works.

That's what I was leaning towards, but I didn't want to say it as I wasn't sure. Scaleform memory has a limit, so it was likely pushed over the edge when the tentacle positions were added to your game. I'm working on a solution to this limitation in another project atm, which also includes faster actor/object scan times (5 seconds -> 0.1 seconds).

Edited by Snapdragon_
8 hours ago, jbezorg said:

That's a deeper problem than this mod. Address library up to date? What happens when you type that w/o the mod installed? 

It works fine once. As In i can type Help tentacle 4 and have it work . Until there is an AAF scene with a tentacle. I may have to try it on a new install or run the save game utility.

Update I tried in on a new save and I think I found the problem.  Further testing is needed.   FOR SCIENCE!!!! Muhuahahuah

Update 2: SCIENCE! was successful.  The culprit has been identified as the following dastardly mod.  Rather than create the diary in the inventory it would show up when doing a variable search.  Disabling the functionality solves the issue.  Best part is that it is something I can remove in subsequent playthings as I dropped the mod this was a prerequisite for.

Though the other thing I see occasionally is that after the hypnotic tentacle is done it ravaging, the "hypnotized" state does not go away leaving the green filter covering the screen.

Edited by Arcticelf
3 hours ago, Arcticelf said:

Though the other thing I see occasionally is that after the hypnotic tentacle is done it ravaging, the "hypnotized" state does not go away leaving the green filter covering the screen.

If this happens, you can clear it by putting

setpqv AT_TentacleInterfaceQuest WasOpen False

in the console. That'll wipe the menu state.

The hypnotic tentacles interface in general has a semi-high chance of bugging out due to LOS changing and/or menus opening/closing faster than Papyrus can process. That's part of the reason the first version of the mod is v0.9 instead of v1.0 :P

this mod is exactly what the game was missing so far and im glad we finally have some tentacles in the game, can't wait for a system that introduces tentacles into various dungeons with quests and events hopefully with pregnancy and birth and milking options, was really disappointed that subject 130 didn't go anywhere

Edited by nonofyodambiznes
19 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

This is something I'm not familiar with, so I'm curious how to find it. 

Had an issue I finally got fixed and got a chance to try it out. Is there a way to adjust animation time? Seems like they end rather quickly. 

Overall, a great start and hope you get a chance to add to it soon.

On a different note, this really makes me hope someone builds an animated facehugger mod. That could be fun and frustrating all in one.

19 hours ago, Snapdragon_ said:

Scaleform memory has a limit, so it was likely pushed over the edge when the tentacle positions were added to your game.

It doesn't seem correct. I've removed some mods that consumes Scaleform memory and tried to reproduce issue when AAF doesn't work. Issue reproduced.

So I suppose the problem is not related to overall Scaleform memory consumption but it is specific to AAF.  Please note, that other AAF features remain working, it is failed on this particular execution path.

It looks like AAF started to execute WizardController constructor and failed somewhere before constructor finish. Maybe in PositionSet constructor. 

I do not see anything criminal in decompiled AAF code, but if some limitations are applied on arrays in ActionScript, then it would explain failure. 

19 minutes ago, kdoggg1971 said:

Had an issue I finally got fixed and got a chance to try it out. Is there a way to adjust animation time? Seems like they end rather quickly. 

Overall, a great start and hope you get a chance to add to it soon.

On a different note, this really makes me hope someone builds an animated facehugger mod. That could be fun and frustrating all in one.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to work into Devious Devices as a gag(+blindfold?) if someone made the mesh for it. DD already has parasite tentacle monster "clothing" (more fully realized in RC8, 2.0 only has the meshes).

Replaces ALL wild corn stalks with Hypnotic Brain Tentacles in the Commonwealth world space.

I just finished this and haven't tested it so expect chaos, CTDs, or at the very least spending a lot of time in first person looking at your feet.

Enjoy.

[deleted because of CTDs. lots of CTDs]

Edited by jbezorg
CDT Time
5 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

Replaces ALL wild corn stalks with Hypnotic Brain Tentacles.

I just finished this and haven't tested it so expect chaos, CTDs, or at the very least spending a lot of time in first person looking at your feet.

Enjoy.

wild corn stalk tentacles.esp 102.17 kB · 0 downloads

Oh boy ?

I'll just leave this snippet here from the CreationKit wiki.

Source

• Since LOS picks are expensive, they are heavily throttled in code. The more scripts that register for LOS events, the more the delay each script will have in receiving its events. As a general rule, one pick will be done per frame - not counting objects that can be trivially determined not to see each other (example: player looking for something that is behind them). So for example, if 30 scripts register to know when the player can see something, and that something is in the camera view (but maybe hiding behind a log) then the script may not get a LOS event for a full second - or if the player looks away and then looks back within a second, no events will be sent.

I dont know why, but tentacle animations just send my AAF into an infinte black screen. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Edit: It was the newer update of Mutated Lust and Atomic Lust that were causing issues. Downgraded (V1.3 for mutated and 2.6.1b for Atomic Lust) which resolved the issue

Edited by Alturistix

Thank you for doing this @Snapdragon_ The Commonwealth is the perfect location for some Lovecraftian stuff and it'll be amazing if someone can fold it into a mod using some of the many ideas already expressed in this thread. Whether it's from the alien, or something chemical, or radiation, or Mirelurks (because who doesn't want to find Innsmouth somewhere up the north coast)

2 hours ago, Alturistix said:

I dont know why, but tentacle animations just send my AAF into an infinte black screen. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Not sure if it will help, but I have this on occasion when my game has run a long time back when I had 900 or more mods and my memory would lag. I ended up removing a ton of weapon and armor mods I was "gonna use at some point" and the problem became non-existent. 

Again, not sure if that is your problem, just something you may have going on.

23 minutes ago, kdoggg1971 said:

Not sure if it will help, but I have this on occasion when my game has run a long time back when I had 900 or more mods and my memory would lag. I ended up removing a ton of weapon and armor mods I was "gonna use at some point" and the problem became non-existent. 

Again, not sure if that is your problem, just something you may have going on.

I needed to update this before, but it was Mutated Lust and Atomic Lust's new updates that were causing issues with AAF. Its on the AAF discord and manual page as well.

@Snapdragon_ Great job! I like it very much.  I've been waiting for something like this for a very long time.

Some ideas

A bit bigger and thicker tentacles would be great. For example, a tentacle similar in size to the one here:  https://e621.net/posts/3848098?q=tentacles

I'm using a FG body, so it's a shame that the tentacles don't open holes in these animations (I mean anus and vagina).