3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yeah, I haven't looked at the mod, but if it's relying on OnItemAdded with a wide open inventory event filter, that can get rough if someone transfers lots of items at once (see warnings in the AddInventoryEventFilter documentation). Maybe there are other ways to implement it I'm unaware of.

Wouldn't it be just one item and even then it would be on a dead NPC that was infected with the parasite. If you don't open the "transfer" menu then all you can do is take a single item at a time. I know what you're saying as DD will trigger a pretty good stack dump if you dump or take a large amount of junk into a container.

But in this case it's only to trigger the spawning of the parasite.

Or maybe there's a better way to detect if the PC has picked something from a body/container? Just throwing shite out there. LOL

10 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Wouldn't it be just one item and even then it would be on a dead NPC that was infected with the parasite. If you don't open the "transfer" menu then all you can do is take a single item at a time. I know what you're saying as DD will trigger a pretty good stack dump if you dump or take a large amount of junk into a container.

But in this case it's only to trigger the spawning of the parasite.

Or maybe there's a better way to detect if the PC has picked something from a body/container? Just throwing shite out there. LOL

The problem is with the way OnItemAdded events are implemented. When you register for them you're expected to supply an item filter that limits the kinds of items you want it emitted for. If you only want an event each time the player picks up a bottle of cooking oil, it works well. When you want it emitted for any kind of item whatsoever, that's when things get dicey. If the player opens a workbench and presses the "take all" button... boom.

But like I say, I haven't looked at what DCW does, maybe it has a better way. Since I wasn't offering to implement the described trap, I didn't put too much research into it.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, nonofyodambiznes said:

the file is missing

No it's not. He deleted it.

Cause he got in argument with the author of AAF, then disliked that admins of the forum haven't taken his side, and deleted all his files from the server.

I'm telling you it's the best way to prove you're right in an argument :)))))

Now he is planning to make his own forum, with blackjack and hookers..

On 9/12/2023 at 4:12 AM, mishovur said:

No it's not. He deleted it.

Cause he got in argument with the author of AAF, then disliked that admins of the forum haven't taken his side, and deleted all his files from the server.

I'm telling you it's the best way to prove you're right in an argument :)))))

Now he is planning to make his own forum, with blackjack and hookers..

Do not make me defend the author's honor. For someone telling me to not pick a fight on another post, it sounds like you want to pick a fight. "Mate, let's try not to do it here", as you once recommended to me.

Edited by maddadicusrex
12 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Do not make me defend the author's honor. For someone telling me to not pick a fight on another post, it sounds like you want to pick a fight. "Mate, let's try not to do it here", as you once recommended to me.

Is the author a maiden?  :))

I'm not picking a fight, I really don't. Besides it's very hard to convey the proper intonations with letters.

Ultimately I don't care one way or another. It's a forum, it's all I have ever expected  :))

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The installation is buggy. At least for me. After installing and starting the save, the Pipboy Flashligt esp is displayed as inactive, although it is active in Vortex. And after the next save and load it messes up the whole mod installation, everything has to be set up again, as if you had just created the character when you started the game and then came out of the vault.
After uninstalling everything is back to normal.
Unfortunately, the modder didn't respond to my request on Discord.

4 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

The installation is buggy. At least for me. After installing and starting the save, the Pipboy Flashligt esp is displayed as inactive, although it is active in Vortex. And after the next save and load it messes up the whole mod installation, everything has to be set up again, as if you had just created the character when you started the game and then came out of the vault.
After uninstalling everything is back to normal.
Unfortunately, the modder didn't respond to my request on Discord.

What do you mean "displayed as inactive"? Where do you see that displayed?

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

What do you mean "displayed as inactive"? Where do you see that displayed?

When I start a save game, a window appears at the beginning with the esp of the mods that I previously removed. However, this time the message appears without me having removed a mod. I then also verified that the esp in question was active in Vortex. However, when I start the game it still appears as if I had removed or deactivated the mod.
Only happens when I install the tentacles. If I uninstall the tentacles again, I can continue playing as normal.

16 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

When I start a save game, a window appears at the beginning with the esp of the mods that I previously removed. However, this time the message appears without me having removed a mod. I then also verified that the esp in question was active in Vortex. However, when I start the game it still appears as if I had removed or deactivated the mod.
Only happens when I install the tentacles. If I uninstall the tentacles again, I can continue playing as normal.

That's definitely weird. I'm using this with 700+ other mods and it hasn't caused any of their plugins to get deactivated, though I don't use the specific flashlight mod you mentioned.

Are you sure you didn't exceed the 253 non-ESL plugin limit when installing this, and that it didn't alter your load order to somehow put the flashlight plugin earlier than one of its masters? You either have auto-sorting enabled in Vortex or you click its sort button after adding/removing mods, right?

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Are you sure you didn't exceed the 253 non-ESL plugin limit when installing this, and that it didn't alter your load order to somehow put the flashlight plugin earlier than one of its masters? You either have auto-sorting enabled in Vortex or you click its sort button after adding/removing mods, right?

Oh, you're right. Thanks. In total I installed 537 mods and have exceeded the limit with 256 active. I had overlooked that. I thought Vortex would take care of this itself and then mark the ones it needed as light.
I've now done this manually and am at 244 active and 130 light. And I'll try the tentacles again. Do I actually also need the native framework from the Discord server or is the mod enough?

52 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Oh, you're right. Thanks. In total I installed 537 mods and have exceeded the limit with 256 active. I had overlooked that. I thought Vortex would take care of this itself and then mark the ones it needed as light.
I've now done this manually and am at 244 active and 130 light. And I'll try the tentacles again. Do I actually also need the native framework from the Discord server or is the mod enough?

You don't need NAF, the Animated Tentacles mod works with AAF (at least the version that used to be here on LL did, I haven't checked to see if the version on Discord differs). It may also work with NAF, I haven't tried it.

Edited by vaultbait
8 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Is it known whether version 0.9 of Tentacles is the latest?

AnimatedTentacles-v0.9.zip is what I downloaded from the file page on LL before it was deleted, and is the version I'm still running with.

9 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Is it known whether version 0.9 of Tentacles is the latest? I ask because the version of NAF stored in the Discord is also not up to date (version 0.5 = old, currently probably 0.8.10).

0.9 is the latest version and on Discord.

4 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Okay, I think last question on this: is there a mod that distributes the tentacles throughout the Commonwealth? Distributing them by hand is no fun because you know everything in advance ...

Sanity Framework is the only full-fledged mod that I'm aware of doing that. Some folks have posted simple examples of doing things like randomly replacing a subset of plants with aggressive tentacles via SPID. I placed some "tentacle traps" in an interior cell in Milking Human Kindness but didn't add them into the Commonwealth worldspace or anything.