Ah, it appears I made a mistake and didn't change the required stage of the quest(default is 1 and it should be 15) It kinda gets complicated after that depening on wether you have completed the mage's guild questline but at stage 30 u should be ok again. So just enter "Setstage SLG06 30".

This spoiler will bring you up to speed:

The librarian either told you to talk to the archmage or go to riften depening on wether you completed the mage guild questline. The archmage directs you to riften if you haven't completed it yet.

Looks like you are the first 2 ppl to make it this far because you can't pass this part by regular means... That's sort of depressing... oh well.

The next version will (of course) have the fix for this.

I haven't tested the console command yet. But I have completed the Mages quest and I am the Archmage, and I'm half way throught the thieves guild quest, I'm at the part where I go to nightingale hall to become a nightingale.

Just though I would let you know what stage in the game I was at incase it helps.

UPDATE:tried console command and got "go to riften and ask about the book" or something like that. so far so good thanks

Ah, it appears I made a mistake and didn't change the required stage of the quest(default is 1 and it should be 15) It kinda gets complicated after that depening on wether you have completed the mage's guild questline but at stage 30 u should be ok again. So just enter "Setstage SLG06 30".

This spoiler will bring you up to speed:

The librarian either told you to talk to the archmage or go to riften depening on wether you completed the mage guild questline. The archmage directs you to riften if you haven't completed it yet.

Looks like you are the first 2 ppl to make it this far because you can't pass this part by regular means... That's sort of depressing... oh well.

The next version will (of course) have the fix for this.

I haven't tested the console command yet. But I have completed the Mages quest and I am the Archmage, and I'm half way throught the thieves guild quest, I'm at the part where I go to nightingale hall to become a nightingale.

Just though I would let you know what stage in the game I was at incase it helps

K, it appears the issue is related to something else... You should just use the console command and keep on having fun ;)

I did use the console command to skip to stage 30. I talked to a man in Riften and that gave me the next stage "Go to Mistveil Keep". But the quest marker is still pointing at Maven Black-Briar, and I'm not sure what to do at Mistveil Keep. I'll keep looking around though!

I used "setstage SLG06 50" to get past that, then I correctly spoke to Maven this time about the book, then spoke to Esmerelda, and got the quest resolved.

I did use the console command to skip to stage 30. I talked to a man in Riften and that gave me the next stage "Go to Mistveil Keep". But the quest marker is still pointing at Maven Black-Briar, and I'm not sure what to do at Mistveil Keep. I'll keep looking around though!

I used "setstage SLG06 50" to get past that, then I correctly spoke to Maven this time about the book, then spoke to Esmerelda, and got the quest resolved.

I probably need to add a pointer for where the book is... And fix the Maven pointer thing...

any chance we'll get another update any time soon? :3

I'm almost done with the last quest, after that I'll be adding some extra quests/fixing some that I have already made.

I think I'm going to do one final pre-release with the full questline but no big final rewards or anything yet...

I cant progress the quest with Ticedoni.  Everytime the brawl starts, he eventually dies. He never stops combat. Ive moved the esp to the last in the load order, but still no good.  Its taking about 10-15 hits to kill him, so its not a 1-shot.

Try blocking and talking when he lost some health(what is normally considered a surrender) and see if you get any dialogue options.

No luck, kept saying "You want to have sexxxxx"

I ended up setting the stage of the quest via console, and managed to finish the quest line.

For the next release you might want to consider making some of your npcs essential, or at least protected. I've not yet started the quest chain, just doing the thieves guild stuff for leveling purposes. While returning from the goldenglow quest at night I watched an encounter at Merryfair Farm that was started by Skyrim Immersive Creatures. A few seconds after the last creature was dead (I was hiding) a courier give me an inheritance letter for Ticedoni. Luckily he was right at my feet so I did a resurrect.

Hope it doesn't break anything down the line.

so i have quite a few mods installed...

what is supposed to happen when you talk to a male begger? the newest option as far as i can tell is something about "night of your life" which he responds with "lead the way to havens place" but then nothing happens and he's not following me... so is that this mod? if it is it's not working for me (i don't think) and if it isn't... what exactly do i need to be doing?

so i have quite a few mods installed...

what is supposed to happen when you talk to a male begger? the newest option as far as i can tell is something about "night of your life" which he responds with "lead the way to havens place" but then nothing happens and he's not following me... so is that this mod? if it is it's not working for me (i don't think) and if it isn't... what exactly do i need to be doing?

that's not the option you should be looking for... I think the first option is something with rumors.

Anyone got the code for Ticedoni, I need to resurrect the little tyke as he died, got a inheritance letter upon entering riften. Couldn't find his corpse, so need to prid res him.

The ID is xx010DA0 where xx is the number the mod is in your loadorder.

All your favorite npc's will be essential in the next version.

any news on the new update

Today I'm going to help calypso's toys into my mod. Maybe do some more after.

Sunday I'm going to do some more(bugfixes and some small work I've been putting off) and sunday afternoon/evening I'll upload the new version.

Not certain but there may be a conflict with TDF Aggressive Prostitution. Certain TDF scripts seem not to run properly with guild running.

Edit:- turns out, I may have had the issue thanks to meddling mates, and had other files "edited" creatively, (stomps off grumbling darkly) . On the bright side he'll have fun with new Ponyfied desktop...

Before i go any further in my second playthrough is the update going to require a new save because ive already played it through once and lost the save and i'd hate to go any farther and have to start over again.

I'm afraid every update will require a new save :/

The next one will be the one before the last one though(and it'll be here within 7 hours).

Not certain but there may be a conflict with TDF Aggressive Prostitution. Certain TDF scripts seem not to run properly with guild running.

Edit:- turns out, I may have had the issue thanks to meddling mates, and had other files "edited" creatively, (stomps off grumbling darkly) . On the bright side he'll have fun with new Ponyfied desktop...

:P

EDIT: Ok, I've done everything I can think of/have time to do for the next release. Somehow I can't get the merchants to work easily so that will need some more time :(

If there is anything small you'd like added or if there is a bug that hasn't been named yet this is your chance to get it in the next release.

EDIT: Ok, I've done everything I can think of/have time to do for the next release. Somehow I can't get the merchants to work easily so that will need some more time :(

If there is anything small you'd like added or if there is a bug that hasn't been named yet this is your chance to get it in the next release.

Does the new version (that you will release within 7hrs) fix the "NONE" bug appears in radiant jobs from Luna when typing console command "sqv slgrnj" ? Thanks.

Does the new version (that you will release within 7hrs) fix the "NONE" bug appears in radiant jobs from Luna when typing console command "sqv slgrnj" ? Thanks.

You can still cancel quests, the NONE bug is something I can't do anything about. It is mainly bethesda's fault  :cool:  ( every once in a while you will also experience this in thieves guild jobs)

EDIT:

New version added. The file is a lot bigger, but that's mainly some meshes and textures... I'm unsure if it will work as it is right now but I do hope so.

Please tell me if it starts up at all if no one has told me yet.

For some reason the beggers do not have any dialogue that allows me to activate the quest?

All I get is the option to give them 1 gold and then after that nothing but "..."

Did I do something wrong?

All requirements installed

New game save as well

Just played the latest version for an hour, haven't played the older ones, so some of these problems may have existed previously:

1. There is a chest floating near the Merchant at the guild HQ, which seems to contain the merchant's inventory. This is probably supposed to be hidden.

2. None of the items in the chest/sold by the merchant appear on the character when equipped. They can also all be equipped simultaneously, and while wearing armor. 

3. On the blackmail quest, I way not given a stolen ring to place on the target.

4. When opening the door to the library, a debug message saying "I hate this door" appears. Probably meant to have been taken out,

You can still cancel quests, the NONE bug is something I can't do anything about. It is mainly bethesda's fault  :cool:  ( every once in a while you will also experience this in thieves guild jobs)

EDIT:

New version added. The file is a lot bigger, but that's mainly some meshes and textures... I'm unsure if it will work as it is right now but I do hope so.

Hello, TheSC,

I just downloaded your latest (and the greatest, I assume) v9, and I have to admit it is overall an implementation rather than radical overhaul. In terms of those big "NONE" problems, I am afraid I must disagree with your opinion that it is Bethesda's fault. I will give explanation of my situation in detail down below.

First, I did the initiation through beggar and everything was fine until Esmeralda told me to get a job from Luna. Now the same old problem appears, the prostitution job just never pops up. Then I type "sqv slgrnj" to double check, same old NONEs appear. The save I use is a fresh one, and no leftover scripts or any other things from previous versions of SLG, and since I played through old versions before and I know what NPCs should not be killed (for example, Thonar Silver-Blood and Thongvor Silver-Blood), and they live fine in this same. Because I could not get any jobs from Luna done, then I could not raise my character's reputation, so the only way to get special job (i.e. main quest with the acronym SLG and a number after it, such as SLG03, SLG 05, etc) is through console command by manual input. After setstage slgsexcounter 50 or higher, I can talk to Esmeralda for special job dialogue option. The main quests (special job options from Esmeralda) were all silky smooth and no glitches at all (so far). The only problem I encounter is still the radiant quests either from Luna or Adriana. 

According to your claim, that the problem is not rooted in SLG mod, and one can reduplicate or encounter identical problem when getting radiant jobs from Delvin Mallory or Vex in the Thieves Guild. I decided to test this statement by finishing the main quest of the Thieves Guild. As you may know, if player wants to become the guild master, s/he must finish quest "Darkness Returns," in addition numbers of radiant quests from Delvin Mallory or Vex to be able to get four reputation quests "Silver Lining," "The Dainty Sload," "Imitation Amnesty," and "Summerset Shadows." Once upon finishing these four quests, the final main quest "Under New Management" will be unlocked. I did count how many radiant quests my character did in order to unlock the final main quest of the Thieves Guild, that is almost over 50 radiant quests from Vex or Delvin Mallory. None of those Thieves Guild radiant quests, literally, none, shows the same peculiar message as SLG radiant quest does (Go to [...] in [...], etc), and when I type "sqv TGRGF" (the quest ID for the Fishing Job from Mallory), "sqv TGRNT" (quest ID for the Bedlam Job), "sqv TGRBE" (quest ID for Vex's Burglary Job), and "sqv TGRSL" (quest ID for Vex's Heist Job), not a single quest shows "0 Aliases" or "REF 'NPC name' -> NONE" or "LOC 'CityLocation' -> NONE" like SLG radiant quest does. I took several screenshots to support my argument that this "Big NONE" problem is unique to the SLG mod. All these screenshots were taken in the same save, and with SLG mod esp loaded.

Moreover, I found Expansion Guard Job quest problematic, when my character meets Corpulus Vinius in Solitude Winking Skeever, after the conversation the SexLab animation initiated, there is a chance my game gets CTD, and the save gets corrupted; or finishes with Corpulus Vinius, but the whole environment suddenly gets dark and game freezes, then save corrupted. When I say corrupted save, I mean I cannot even load it, it crashes to desktop during loading screens. This problem, however, I am not 100% sure whether the cause is on my side or a universal bug for every one else.

Please do not get me wrong, I do love this interesting mod and I do sincerely appreciate the work you've done, and you have my gratitude for bringing such fun to my Skyrim experience. The purpose of this reply is simply a kind dissent of your opinion on "big NONE" problems, and in my case, I did not successfully reduplicate or encounter any identical problems in any Thieves Guild radiant quest, none, at all. In general, the point I want to make clear is this problem does seriously affect overall experience of this wonderful mod, and by checking almost all previous pages of replies of this post, I am not the only one who encounters this peculiar problem. By conducting my own test through the Thieves Guild, and it is impossible to reduplicate this same problem, therefore it is hard to find your statement "the NONE bug is something I can't do anything about. It is mainly bethesda's fault. ( every once in a while you will also experience this in thieves guild jobs)" is compelling.

Hope writing this long will not make you lose your patience, however, I do look forward to your reply (hopefully a comprehensive examination of the current build of this mod, or a tentative solution, if possible), because I really do not want to encounter the same disturbing problem in the v1 release. Thank you again, and you work is high appreciated.

post-171186-0-31303600-1393213654_thumb.jpg

post-171186-0-74622800-1393213663_thumb.jpg

post-171186-0-05283900-1393213669_thumb.jpg

post-171186-0-27110200-1393213674_thumb.jpg

post-171186-0-04360200-1393213680_thumb.jpg

post-171186-0-36631500-1393213684_thumb.jpg

post-171186-0-10020000-1393213690_thumb.jpg

post-171186-0-53280700-1393213693_thumb.jpg

For some reason the beggers do not have any dialogue that allows me to activate the quest?

All I get is the option to give them 1 gold and then after that nothing but "..."

Did I do something wrong?

All requirements installed

New game save as well

Interesting... try hitting the console with "SQV slg01" and see if that pops up anything.

Just played the latest version for an hour, haven't played the older ones, so some of these problems may have existed previously:

1. There is a chest floating near the Merchant at the guild HQ, which seems to contain the merchant's inventory. This is probably supposed to be hidden.

2. None of the items in the chest/sold by the merchant appear on the character when equipped. They can also all be equipped simultaneously, and while wearing armor. 

3. On the blackmail quest, I way not given a stolen ring to place on the target.

4. When opening the door to the library, a debug message saying "I hate this door" appears. Probably meant to have been taken out,

1. Yeah, I was unable to get that fixed and wanted to know if I could get the chest to show up at all(it was under the floor before).

2. Typically something to fix after I get the guy to sell stuff.

3. That's strange, I checked the mod and it was still there, so you should have it... It's not flagged stolen though(It has stolen in the name though)

4. Ah right... I'll remove that.

EDIT:

Hello, TheSC,

I just downloaded your latest (and the greatest, I assume) v9, and I have to admit it is overall an implementation rather than radical overhaul. In terms of those big "NONE" problems, I am afraid I must disagree with your opinion that it is Bethesda's fault. I will give explanation of my situation in detail down below.

First, I did the initiation through beggar and everything was fine until Esmeralda told me to get a job from Luna. Now the same old problem appears, the prostitution job just never pops up. Then I type "sqv slgrnj" to double check, same old NONEs appear. The save I use is a fresh one, and no leftover scripts or any other things from previous versions of SLG, and since I played through old versions before and I know what NPCs should not be killed (for example, Thonar Silver-Blood and Thongvor Silver-Blood), and they live fine in this same. Because I could not get any jobs from Luna done, then I could not raise my character's reputation, so the only way to get special job (i.e. main quest with the acronym SLG and a number after it, such as SLG03, SLG 05, etc) is through console command by manual input. After setstage slgsexcounter 50 or higher, I can talk to Esmeralda for special job dialogue option. The main quests (special job options from Esmeralda) were all silky smooth and no glitches at all (so far). The only problem I encounter is still the radiant quests either from Luna or Adriana. 

According to your claim, that the problem is not rooted in SLG mod, and one can reduplicate or encounter identical problem when getting radiant jobs from Delvin Mallory or Vex in the Thieves Guild. I decided to test this statement by finishing the main quest of the Thieves Guild. As you may know, if player wants to become the guild master, s/he must finish quest "Darkness Returns," in addition numbers of radiant quests from Delvin Mallory or Vex to be able to get four reputation quests "Silver Lining," "The Dainty Sload," "Imitation Amnesty," and "Summerset Shadows." Once upon finishing these four quests, the final main quest "Under New Management" will be unlocked. I did count how many radiant quests my character did in order to unlock the final main quest of the Thieves Guild, that is almost over 50 radiant quests from Vex or Delvin Mallory. None of those Thieves Guild radiant quests, literally, none, shows the same peculiar message as SLG radiant quest does (Go to [...] in [...], etc), and when I type "sqv TGRGF" (the quest ID for the Fishing Job from Mallory), "sqv TGRNT" (quest ID for the Bedlam Job), "sqv TGRBE" (quest ID for Vex's Burglary Job), and "sqv TGRSL" (quest ID for Vex's Heist Job), not a single quest shows "0 Aliases" or "REF 'NPC name' -> NONE" or "LOC 'CityLocation' -> NONE" like SLG radiant quest does. I took several screenshots to support my argument that this "Big NONE" problem is unique to the SLG mod. All these screenshots were taken in the same save, and with SLG mod esp loaded.

Moreover, I found Expansion Guard Job quest problematic, when my character meets Corpulus Vinius in Solitude Winking Skeever, after the conversation the SexLab animation initiated, there is a chance my game gets CTD, and the save gets corrupted; or finishes with Corpulus Vinius, but the whole environment suddenly gets dark and game freezes, then save corrupted. When I say corrupted save, I mean I cannot even load it, it crashes to desktop during loading screens. This problem, however, I am not 100% sure whether the cause is on my side or a universal bug for every one else.

Please do not get me wrong, I do love this interesting mod and I do sincerely appreciate the work you've done, and you have my gratitude for bringing such fun to my Skyrim experience. The purpose of this reply is simply a kind dissent of your opinion on "big NONE" problems, and in my case, I did not successfully reduplicate or encounter any identical problems in any Thieves Guild radiant quest, none, at all. In general, the point I want to make clear is this problem does seriously affect overall experience of this wonderful mod, and by checking almost all previous pages of replies of this post, I am not the only one who encounters this peculiar problem. By conducting my own test through the Thieves Guild, and it is impossible to reduplicate this same problem, therefore it is hard to find your statement "the NONE bug is something I can't do anything about. It is mainly bethesda's fault. ( every once in a while you will also experience this in thieves guild jobs)" is compelling.

Hope writing this long will not make you lose your patience, however, I do look forward to your reply (hopefully a comprehensive examination of the current build of this mod, or a tentative solution, if possible), because I really do not want to encounter the same disturbing problem in the v1 release. Thank you again, and you work is high appreciated.

:o longest post ever made in this topic.

You seem to be getting more NONE's than people usually do...

Also in your screenshots you triggered 2 quests that aren't supposed to be triggered with console. Anything starting with SLGRQ is something you shouldn't touch unless it comes to you ;)

But with the amount of NONE's your getting it looks more like a problem on your side then on mine(I can't really reproduce that many NONE's :s )...

Do you have any experience with the creation kit? As in, if I told you to open up my mod and change all the aliases of the SLGRNJ quest to optional would you know what to do?

If you can do that and make a new game, don't bother with the intro or anything really and just hit "SQV SLGRNJ" instantly. This time either no NONE's show up, which means your other save wasn't working or 1 shows up, if you give me the one I'll be able to pinpoint the problem.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about tell me and I'll send you an editted ESP(but I'd have to change everything, compile it, send it to you and change it back for myself again. Which I'll gladly do for you but if you can do it yourself... :cool: )