:o longest post ever made in this topic.

You seem to be getting more NONE's than people usually do...

Also in your screenshots you triggered 2 quests that aren't supposed to be triggered with console. Anything starting with SLGRQ is something you shouldn't touch unless it comes to you  ;)

But with the amount of NONE's your getting it looks more like a problem on your side then on mine(I can't really reproduce that many NONE's  :s )...

Do you have any experience with the creation kit? As in, if I told you to open up my mod and change all the aliases of the SLGRNJ quest to optional would you know what to do?

If you can do that and make a new game, don't bother with the intro or anything really and just hit "SQV SLGRNJ" instantly. This time either no NONE's show up, which means your other save wasn't working or 1 shows up, if you give me the one I'll be able to pinpoint the problem.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about tell me and I'll send you an editted ESP(but I'd have to change everything, compile it, send it to you and change it back for myself again. Which I'll gladly do for you but if you can do it yourself...  :cool: )

^

That's what you call dedication...  :P

For the disappearing equipment, are all the meshes and textures needed to equip them present? If so, where did you find them? Some of them look really cool and I want them in my game.

For the disappearing equipment, are all the meshes and textures needed to equip them present? If so, where did you find them? Some of them look really cool and I want them in my game.

xD

here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24421/?

:o longest post ever made in this topic.

Also in your screenshots you triggered 2 quests that aren't supposed to be triggered with console. Anything starting with SLGRQ is something you shouldn't touch unless it comes to you  ;)

But with the amount of NONE's your getting it looks more like a problem on your side then on mine(I can't really reproduce that many NONE's  :s )...

Do you have any experience with the creation kit? As in, if I told you to open up my mod and change all the aliases of the SLGRNJ quest to optional would you know what to do?

If you can do that and make a new game, don't bother with the intro or anything really and just hit "SQV SLGRNJ" instantly. This time either no NONE's show up, which means your other save wasn't working or 1 shows up, if you give me the one I'll be able to pinpoint the problem.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about tell me and I'll send you an editted ESP(but I'd have to change everything, compile it, send it to you and change it back for myself again. Which I'll gladly do for you but if you can do it yourself...  :cool: )

^

That's what you call dedication...  :P

:cool:

Uhh, I had this mod active but hadnt started it yet on my new game, can I just upgrade or will I have to make yet another new game?

Achtung.png As scripts are stored externally, the engine no longer effectively removes scripts from a save if a plugin file is removed. Clean Saves no longer exist, and therefore a mod cannot be completely removed from a save. The only way to ensure a removed plugin does not cause any issues in the future is to revert to a save from before the plugin was added - Save File Notes (Papyrus).

Nope, you still need a new one I'm afraid :/ or be rather skilled with the save cleaner tool...

For some reason the beggers do not have any dialogue that allows me to activate the quest?

All I get is the option to give them 1 gold and then after that nothing but "..."

Did I do something wrong?

All requirements installed

New game save as well

Interesting... try hitting the console with "SQV slg01" and see if that pops up anything.

Just played the latest version for an hour, haven't played the older ones, so some of these problems may have existed previously:

1. There is a chest floating near the Merchant at the guild HQ, which seems to contain the merchant's inventory. This is probably supposed to be hidden.

2. None of the items in the chest/sold by the merchant appear on the character when equipped. They can also all be equipped simultaneously, and while wearing armor. 

3. On the blackmail quest, I way not given a stolen ring to place on the target.

4. When opening the door to the library, a debug message saying "I hate this door" appears. Probably meant to have been taken out,

1. Yeah, I was unable to get that fixed and wanted to know if I could get the chest to show up at all(it was under the floor before).

2. Typically something to fix after I get the guy to sell stuff.

3. That's strange, I checked the mod and it was still there, so you should have it... It's not flagged stolen though(It has stolen in the name though)

4. Ah right... I'll remove that.

EDIT: Ok, I've done everything I can think of/have time to do for the next release. Somehow I can't get the merchants to work easily so that will need some more time :(

If there is anything small you'd like added or if there is a bug that hasn't been named yet this is your chance to get it in the next release.

Does the new version (that you will release within 7hrs) fix the "NONE" bug appears in radiant jobs from Luna when typing console command "sqv slgrnj" ? Thanks.

You can still cancel quests, the NONE bug is something I can't do anything about. It is mainly bethesda's fault  :cool:  ( every once in a while you will also experience this in thieves guild jobs)

EDIT:

New version added. The file is a lot bigger, but that's mainly some meshes and textures... I'm unsure if it will work as it is right now but I do hope so.

Please tell me if it starts up at all if no one has told me yet.

Hello, TheSC,

I just downloaded your latest (and the greatest, I assume) v9, and I have to admit it is overall an implementation rather than radical overhaul. In terms of those big "NONE" problems, I am afraid I must disagree with your opinion that it is Bethesda's fault. I will give explanation of my situation in detail down below.

First, I did the initiation through beggar and everything was fine until Esmeralda told me to get a job from Luna. Now the same old problem appears, the prostitution job just never pops up. Then I type "sqv slgrnj" to double check, same old NONEs appear. The save I use is a fresh one, and no leftover scripts or any other things from previous versions of SLG, and since I played through old versions before and I know what NPCs should not be killed (for example, Thonar Silver-Blood and Thongvor Silver-Blood), and they live fine in this same. Because I could not get any jobs from Luna done, then I could not raise my character's reputation, so the only way to get special job (i.e. main quest with the acronym SLG and a number after it, such as SLG03, SLG 05, etc) is through console command by manual input. After setstage slgsexcounter 50 or higher, I can talk to Esmeralda for special job dialogue option. The main quests (special job options from Esmeralda) were all silky smooth and no glitches at all (so far). The only problem I encounter is still the radiant quests either from Luna or Adriana. 

According to your claim, that the problem is not rooted in SLG mod, and one can reduplicate or encounter identical problem when getting radiant jobs from Delvin Mallory or Vex in the Thieves Guild. I decided to test this statement by finishing the main quest of the Thieves Guild. As you may know, if player wants to become the guild master, s/he must finish quest "Darkness Returns," in addition numbers of radiant quests from Delvin Mallory or Vex to be able to get four reputation quests "Silver Lining," "The Dainty Sload," "Imitation Amnesty," and "Summerset Shadows." Once upon finishing these four quests, the final main quest "Under New Management" will be unlocked. I did count how many radiant quests my character did in order to unlock the final main quest of the Thieves Guild, that is almost over 50 radiant quests from Vex or Delvin Mallory. None of those Thieves Guild radiant quests, literally, none, shows the same peculiar message as SLG radiant quest does (Go to [...] in [...], etc), and when I type "sqv TGRGF" (the quest ID for the Fishing Job from Mallory), "sqv TGRNT" (quest ID for the Bedlam Job), "sqv TGRBE" (quest ID for Vex's Burglary Job), and "sqv TGRSL" (quest ID for Vex's Heist Job), not a single quest shows "0 Aliases" or "REF 'NPC name' -> NONE" or "LOC 'CityLocation' -> NONE" like SLG radiant quest does. I took several screenshots to support my argument that this "Big NONE" problem is unique to the SLG mod. All these screenshots were taken in the same save, and with SLG mod esp loaded.

Moreover, I found Expansion Guard Job quest problematic, when my character meets Corpulus Vinius in Solitude Winking Skeever, after the conversation the SexLab animation initiated, there is a chance my game gets CTD, and the save gets corrupted; or finishes with Corpulus Vinius, but the whole environment suddenly gets dark and game freezes, then save corrupted. When I say corrupted save, I mean I cannot even load it, it crashes to desktop during loading screens. This problem, however, I am not 100% sure whether the cause is on my side or a universal bug for every one else.

Please do not get me wrong, I do love this interesting mod and I do sincerely appreciate the work you've done, and you have my gratitude for bringing such fun to my Skyrim experience. The purpose of this reply is simply a kind dissent of your opinion on "big NONE" problems, and in my case, I did not successfully reduplicate or encounter any identical problems in any Thieves Guild radiant quest, none, at all. In general, the point I want to make clear is this problem does seriously affect overall experience of this wonderful mod, and by checking almost all previous pages of replies of this post, I am not the only one who encounters this peculiar problem. By conducting my own test through the Thieves Guild, and it is impossible to reduplicate this same problem, therefore it is hard to find your statement "the NONE bug is something I can't do anything about. It is mainly bethesda's fault. ( every once in a while you will also experience this in thieves guild jobs)" is compelling.

Hope writing this long will not make you lose your patience, however, I do look forward to your reply (hopefully a comprehensive examination of the current build of this mod, or a tentative solution, if possible), because I really do not want to encounter the same disturbing problem in the v1 release. Thank you again, and you work is high appreciated.

:o longest post ever made in this topic.

Also in your screenshots you triggered 2 quests that aren't supposed to be triggered with console. Anything starting with SLGRQ is something you shouldn't touch unless it comes to you ;)

But with the amount of NONE's your getting it looks more like a problem on your side then on mine(I can't really reproduce that many NONE's :s )...

If you have no clue what I'm talking about tell me and I'll send you an editted ESP(but I'd have to change everything, compile it, send it to you and change it back for myself again. Which I'll gladly do for you but if you can do it yourself... :cool: )

Thank you for your response, TheSC. I played with CK few times before, but only few times, when I wanted to create a female NPC with customized hairstyle, and I got lots of errors by doing that. Other than that I do not know how to manipulate CK, but I am willing to try, if you could tell me instructions. Btw, I did not trigger SLGRQ by console commands, I did not type any "setstage" command on any SLGRQ quests, they are running automatically but options to start those quests just not showing up in conversations with Luna and Ariana. I do have a bunch of other sexlab mods installed, so I surmise it might be either some incompatibility or load order issues - just a guess, correct me if I am wrong. I can attach you a screenshot of my mod list if you want.

Just let me know what I can do and I will give it a try if possible.

Thanks again.

This is not intended as a slight, but please have the dialog proofread (I fully understand, given my exceedingly poor grasp of english, even given that it's my primary and sole language I should probably STFU). Because currently it is painful to read. I know it's a exceedingly minor concern in regards to the other issues you addressing in regards to the mod. Congrats on the mod, as a whole.

Unsure if I've messed up, but seem to have finished the quest 'The cumming of many" at 48/45 with suggestion to go see Esmerelda for the quest for 'doing' 45, but she has no dialog for the 45 quest. 

This is not intended as a slight, but please have the dialog proofread (I fully understand, given my exceedingly poor grasp of english, even given that it's my primary and sole language I should probably STFU). Because currently it is painful to read. I know it's a exceedingly minor concern in regards to the other issues you addressing in regards to the mod. Congrats on the mod, as a whole.

Unsure if I've messed up, but seem to have finished the quest 'The cumming of many" at 48/45 with suggestion to go see Esmerelda for the quest for 'doing' 45, but she has no dialog for the 45 quest. 

Strange that you experience it as being so bad. I have a CPE(Certificate of Proficiency in English) so even though I'm not a native it should be alright.

Anyway, someone is proofreading and will give me edits before the next patch :)

It's a bit strange that you got the quest to go over the mark... It should update after reaching 45/45 to something higher...

If it doesn't update Esmeralda won't have any jobs for you either(the requirement is the update, not the number).

Try

SQV SLGSexCounter

Followed by

SetStage SLGSexCounter (current stage +10)

Thank you for your response, TheSC. I played with CK few times before, but only few times, when I wanted to create a female NPC with customized hairstyle, and I got lots of errors by doing that. Other than that I do not know how to manipulate CK, but I am willing to try, if you could tell me instructions. Btw, I did not trigger SLGRQ by console commands, I did not type any "setstage" command on any SLGRQ quests, they are running automatically but options to start those quests just not showing up in conversations with Luna and Ariana. I do have a bunch of other sexlab mods installed, so I surmise it might be either some incompatibility or load order issues - just a guess, correct me if I am wrong. I can attach you a screenshot of my mod list if you want.

Just let me know what I can do and I will give it a try if possible.

Thanks again.

Hmmmmmm, it's a bit difficult like that... I hope sending you just the altered ESP will work(so I don't have to make the BSA etc.). Keep an eye on your mailbox.

It's just the dialog is out of kilter, terms like beautifly. It needs polish is what I'm trying to say, I in no way seek to be snide about this. Sometimes another proofreading helps smooth the kinks out of passages that one might not see one's self. Remember 90% of this is how someone else interprets your work, example "Hey fat fuck! Over here." in a written form can be taken completely out of it's intended context, i.e. as a vile insult. When it could one lad, attracting the attention of his friend (crass granted, but any malice is inferred by the reader). 

Thanks for the workaround btw will try it and report back.

Edit:- Okay, got a "special job" from Luna, but have no indicator as too where the 'client' is. 

It's just the dialog is out of kilter, terms like beautifly. It needs polish is what I'm trying to say, I in no way seek to be snide about this. Sometimes another proofreading helps smooth the kinks out of passages that one might not see one's self. Remember 90% of this is how someone else interprets your work, example "Hey fat fuck! Over here." in a written form can be taken completely out of it's intended context, i.e. as a vile insult. When it could one lad, attracting the attention of his friend (crass granted, but any malice is inferred by the reader). 

Thanks for the workaround btw will try it and report back.

Edit:- Okay, got a "special job" from Luna, but have no indicator as too where the 'client' is. 

Ok, appearently I forgot to add the pointer to the client... Which is... Well... Really stupid.

I'll put it on the list of things I need to put in a quick bugfix...

If you want to complete the quest you are gonna have to search for the npc with SQV and then just figure out where he is... Will be fixed in the bugfix.

May I ask when v1.0 is due and what the differences will be between this and v1? 

I

Sure, V1.0 will be due in a long time ^^ I'm gonna be bizzy with "things" till about July and till then probably little modding...

The difference would be a much more finished product. And a few additional things. The store still isn't fixed, there isn't really a big ending reward and a lot of loose ends aren't tied up yet. So pretty much that and anything else fun I can toss in there.

Here's a little problem to report.

I tried this mod again on a new save so that i started over from the beginning. The beggar part and the tests works perfectly but once i join the guild luna isn't giving me any job to do, so i'm stuck with a reputation of 0 unable to increase it and unable to advance further.

How exactly do I use SQV to find the client for the special job from Luna?  Since there is no quest marker, I'm assuming this is the best way to find the client.  Problem is, I'm not very familiar with using console commands.  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

How exactly do I use SQV to find the client for the special job from Luna?  Since there is no quest marker, I'm assuming this is the best way to find the client.  Problem is, I'm not very familiar with using console commands.  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

SQV SLGRSJ

Like that ;)

I got a special quest from Emereslda (spelling?), I have to recruit 5 workers, however going to the one in Solitude the prisoner will not approach me I cannot get her to talk with me? Am I missing something here? Thanks in advanced..

Finished the main quest and did about 60 jobs afterwards.  I didnt find any major problems untill after the main quest.  The female prostitution job and the recruitment job disappeared and the special job isn't choosing a client, it worked the first time and thats it.

Have been playing with this mod for a good few hours, so I figured it's time to come over here with some observations.

• There are quite a few spelling/grammar issues within the dialogs - they may seem like a minor thing, but for many people they will not only ruin immersion, but also give the mod a cheap, incomplete feel. I happily offer my help in fixing them, if needed.
  • Some lines could use better phrasing, too: I doubt an actual prostitute would go to her superior and ask for... a "prostitution job". It sounds clumsy and, again, ruins immersion a bit.
  • If you are using a mod that makes children killable, you will eventually receive quests where children are your clients. I think it would be wise to add this bit of info as a warning somewhere to avoid surprises.
  • During the special assignment quest where you get to gather 5 workers for the mill, Dandre in Windhelm prison was standing too far away from the prison bars and I had to use 'no clipping' command to be able to get closer and talk to him.
  • In the same quest, Hagrad (or the guard who has the cell key, if it's random) addresses the female dragonborn as "pretty boy".
  • No matter how many load order combinations I've tried, I got CTD every time I tried to do a blackmail job with the guy in Riften fishery - game crashed the moment the sex animation was about to start. Haven't had that problem with any other jobs so far. Of course, it can be an issue on my end, but I thought it worth mentioning anyway.
  • The "go to (...)" quests are sometimes an issue - at one point I got both the normal and blackmail jobs sending me to (...) in Markarth and Riften, respectively. I assumed that with the marker showing me the right NPC I would be able to find the person even without the name, but the marker was just floating above the empty pavement with no NPC around, so I had to drop the jobs and ask for another.
  • This brings me to another little issue: if you accept the job from the girl offering blackmail jobs, the dialog to refuse this job appears on the girl offering regular jobs, she will also often speak the goodbye line for the blackmail girl.

Overall I am having lots of fun with the guild, but I'm looking forward to raising my reputation further so I can hopefully get more variety in quests - so far I'm only at 14 and the constant back-and-forth is already getting a bit tedious with little to no actual reward for my efforts.

As for suggestions - if it's not something already implemented at higher levels - why not have clients come to the guild? The guild hall is big enough to put a lushly decorated bedroom in there (with something more comfy than a stone bed, I suppose) and have a jarl, or imperial commander, or just some rich folk spawn in there for some special, but expensive fun with the dragonborn. It would be a nice change from hopping all over the Skyrim map via fast travel to get the jobs done.

To go along with what Calarand said above I had the same cdt with the black mail job except it was with the old guy in the white phial in windhelm.  Also it kept giving me a prostitution job for an invisible guy in the warens of markarth, it wasnt the go see [....] thing, i think the guys name was dastrin or something, but he was simply just not there.  The dialogue didnt bother me that much but i agree their was times where it got annoying, especially the clients saying beautifully instead of beautiful.

I like the clients coming to the guild idea that would add some flavor and also provide an easier way to gain rep as the whole grinding process was slightly arduous.   I would like to see the mill quest line fleshed out a bit more both during the quest and after its over, something like a randomly reoccurring job from Luna saying the mill lady needs help with the guys or the guys are requesting your services.  Both options left me wanting more after it was over.  More recruitment quests like that would be cool, as well as some others that add a sense of danger to the job, orcs and bandits like hookers too.  Still over all i enjoyed playing the mod again i just feel it could use more meat all around.

For the quest "a potion for love" while talking to maven black briar, I said "how am I supposed to find that much money" or something similar. she answered by saying "I know a guy" but my only quest objective is to find 50 000 gold and there are no quest markers. Is there a specific objective in mind, or am I just meant to acquire that gold by any means necessary?