4 hours ago, falloutfuntime said:

Yes I have it, do the animations only apply to some of the events?  Is there a way to trigger one that would have the animation?  Tavern workers have the animation working, but without triggering the event, just by using the options in tavern menu. 

nope, these events are setup by SkipWestcott, this greatly enhances gameplay breaking up the boring parts, u can set these events to trigger more but i'll leave that alone as its hard to deal when it keeps spamming every other second.

13 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

nope, these events are setup by SkipWestcott, this greatly enhances gameplay breaking up the boring parts, u can set these events to trigger more but i'll leave that alone as its hard to deal when it keeps spamming every other second.

Hmmm okay.  I've gone through a few of the prisoner dialogues, should these have the animations with them?  Not sure why they aren't showing up...

13 minutes ago, falloutfuntime said:

Hmmm okay.  I've gone through a few of the prisoner dialogues, should these have the animations with them?  Not sure why they aren't showing up...

nope not all has events it all depends on SkipWestcott adding them or u can do it yourself.

Had something weird happening. After a longer slavery, the PC had been sold to a brothel and was working there. I needed to get off for the night and since the game had just auto-saved, I simply quit. Only that when I continued the game, the PC was treated as if they had just arrived as a new slave in the city. Slavery level had also been reset - it had already been massive by the time she came to the city.

Also, I seem to be getting a whole lot of blank events with dummy choices, but that was before the reload already.

20 hours ago, GamerzZ said:

Glad BC events are back again. I liked the variety and sophistication of the Mod.

I have also been creating my own events (not so much NSFW), but mostly using the CE framework to add stuff I needed for my gameplay.

One of the events I had created worked just fine in 1.0.2 with it's corresponding CE, but is not working with 1.0.3 and it's corresponding CE (version 1038)!

My event was to improve Companion skills. When I recently looked at BC events, I tried to update my Companion Skills event unfortunately it's still not triggering.

Can you guys look at it and tell me what I did wrong? 

<CEEvent>
        <Name>FC_companion_skills_F</Name>
        <Text>{COMPANION_NAME_1} requested to talk to you and asked if you needed the troops trained.</Text>
        <BackgroundName>TB_character_elite_warrior</BackgroundName>
        <NotificationName>FC_Companion_notification</NotificationName>
        <MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>Random</RestrictedListOfFlags>
        </MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
        <Options>
            <Option>
                <Order>0</Order>
                <MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>Continue</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                </MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                <OptionText>Sure, teach them how to use swords and shields.</OptionText>
                <Companions>
                    <Companion Id="1">
                            <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeSkill</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
							<RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeRelation</RestrictedListOfConsequences> <!-- Newly Added -->
                        <SkillsToLevel>
                            <Skill Id="OneHanded" ByLevel="R 4 8" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
                            <Skill Id="TwoHanded" ByLevel="R 1 4" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
                            <Skill Id="Polearm" ByLevel="R 1 3" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
                            <Skill Id="CurrentActor" ByLevel="1" Ref="Hero" HideNotification="true"/>
                        </SkillsToLevel>
						<RelationTotal>R 0 1</RelationTotal>   <!-- Newly Added -->
                    </Companion>
                </Companions>
            </Option>      
            <Option>
                <Order>1</Order>
                <OptionText>Take some time off for now, tomorrow is going to be a busy day.</OptionText>
                <Companions>
                    <Companion Id="1">
                    </Companion>
                </Companions>
            </Option>
        </Options>
        <Companions>
            <Companion Id="1" Ref="Hero" Type="Both"  UseOtherConditions="BC_random_current_actor_condition_f" />
        </Companions>
        <ReqCustomCode>true</ReqCustomCode>
        <SexualContent>true</SexualContent>
        <WeightedChanceOfOccuring>20</WeightedChanceOfOccuring>
        <ReqHeroMinAge>18</ReqHeroMinAge>
    </CEEvent>

PS: you will notice I added "BC_random_current_actor_condition_f" and added the corresponding script, thinking the old "TB_condition" was out of date. Still not working!

Thank you.

First, the "Current Actor" conditions are for SECOND events in the line, so you don't just grab a random companion, but the SAME companion for a second, third chained event.

Remove the "Use other conditions" entirely and test it.  Are there any restrictions you have in mind?

4 hours ago, OH1972 said:

Had something weird happening. After a longer slavery, the PC had been sold to a brothel and was working there. I needed to get off for the night and since the game had just auto-saved, I simply quit. Only that when I continued the game, the PC was treated as if they had just arrived as a new slave in the city. Slavery level had also been reset - it had already been massive by the time she came to the city.

Also, I seem to be getting a whole lot of blank events with dummy choices, but that was before the reload already.

Oh dear; that is probably a BL/CE problem with how savegames work. Not much to be done, sometimes we can lose all skills entirely if things aren't happy...

Edit: "blank events with dummy choices" -- make sure you follow my suggested load order.

Edited by SkipWestcott
10 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

Oh dear; that is probably a BL/CE problem with how savegames work. Not much to be done, sometimes we can lose all skills entirely if things aren't happy...

Edit: "blank events with dummy choices" -- make sure you follow my suggested load order.

Where do I find that?

16 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

Same kind of issue when the player becomes a "bandit whore" in a hideout. Status vanished after loading back into the game, and it never procs again. Some kind of problem CE has with restoring states.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:36 AM, SkipWestcott said:

First, the "Current Actor" conditions are for SECOND events in the line, so you don't just grab a random companion, but the SAME companion for a second, third chained event.

Remove the "Use other conditions" entirely and test it.  Are there any restrictions you have in mind?

Thank you for your reply, I finally got it to trigger by doing it this way:

<!-- Female Companion Skills  -->

<CEEvent>
        <Name>FC_companion_skills_F</Name>
        <Text>{COMPANION_NAME_1} requested to talk to you and asked if you needed the troops trained.</Text>
        <BackgroundName>TB_character_elite_warrior</BackgroundName>
        <NotificationName>FC_Companion_notification</NotificationName>
        <MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>Random</RestrictedListOfFlags>
        </MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
        <Options>
            <Option>
                <Order>0</Order>
                <OptionText>Sure, teach them how to use swords and shields.</OptionText>
                <Companions>
                    <Companion Id="1">
                        <SkillsToLevel>
                            <Skill Id="OneHanded" ByLevel="R 5 10" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
                            <Skill Id="TwoHanded" ByLevel="R 5 10" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
                            <Skill Id="Polearm" ByLevel="R 5 10" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
							<Skill Id="CaptiveEsteem" ByLevel="R 10 15" Ref="Hero" Color="White" />
                        </SkillsToLevel>
                    </Companion>
                </Companions>
            </Option>

<Option>
                <Order>1</Order>
                <OptionText>Go ahead and show them how to hit their targets with a bow.</OptionText>
                <Companions>
                    <Companion Id="1">
                        <SkillsToLevel>
                            <Skill Id="Bow" ByLevel="R 5 10" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
                            <Skill Id="Crossbow" ByLevel="R 5 10" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
                            <Skill Id="Throwing" ByLevel="R 5 10" Ref="Hero" Color="Cyan" />
							<Skill Id="CaptiveEsteem" ByLevel="R 10 15" Ref="Hero" Color="White" />
                        </SkillsToLevel>
                    </Companion>
                </Companions>
            </Option>     

<Option>
                <Order>6</Order>
                <OptionText>Take some time off for now, tomorrow is going to be a busy day.</OptionText>
            </Option>
        </Options>
        <Companions>
            <Companion Id="1" Ref="Hero" Type="Both"  UseOtherConditions="BC_conditions_hero_female" />
        </Companions>
        <ReqCustomCode>true</ReqCustomCode>
        <SexualContent>true</SexualContent>
        <WeightedChanceOfOccuring>20</WeightedChanceOfOccuring>
        <ReqHeroMinAge>18</ReqHeroMinAge>
    </CEEvent>

I don't really know why this one worked and the first version did not, to me (not a coder in any stretch of the imagination) they look very similar!

I did not use any restrictions at this time, but I can add a certain level of esteem before it triggers.

Question:

What is the purpose of this part:

<Companions>
            <Companion Id="1" Ref="Hero" Type="Both"  UseOtherConditions="BC_conditions_hero_female" />
        </Companions>

Seeking advice:

I found this flag in one of the CE files: <RestrictedListOfFlags>PlayerOwnsBrothelInSettlement</RestrictedListOfFlags>, So I was thinking about adding another event with it. 

I was thinking about an event that would trigger when I have whores in the brothel and when I enter the town where I have a brothel, the event would trigger saying something like:

"Your whore {CaptiveName} has refused to see paying customers...etc". Of course, I would like the {CaptiveName} be one of the whores in the brothel.

Any suggestions as to how I would do it?

Thank you.

57 minutes ago, GamerzZ said:

Question:

What is the purpose of this part:

<Companions>
            <Companion Id="1" Ref="Hero" Type="Both"  UseOtherConditions="BC_conditions_hero_female" />
        </Companions>

That line defines which companions can qualify for the event.

Example, taking your event above, the only Restriction on the event is "Random". So it will go ahead and trigger in the Random queue of CapEvents. However, the Companions flag means:

* The event will try to find a suitable companion matching the conditions in both Restrictions and UseOtherConditions.

Since your old one had the "_current_actor" Condition, you would in most cases NOT have a "current actor" companion. This new one just has "female" as the Condition, so you only have to have a Female companion in your company for the EVENT to qualify as available in the Random queue.

Whew!

1 hour ago, GamerzZ said:

Seeking advice:

I found this flag in one of the CE files: <RestrictedListOfFlags>PlayerOwnsBrothelInSettlement</RestrictedListOfFlags>, So I was thinking about adding another event with it. 

I was thinking about an event that would trigger when I have whores in the brothel and when I enter the town where I have a brothel, the event would trigger saying something like:

"Your whore {CaptiveName} has refused to see paying customers...etc". Of course, I would like the {CaptiveName} be one of the whores in the brothel.

Any suggestions as to how I would do it?

Thank you.

First of all, putting characters in the brothel is BROKEN. Don't do it until you hear that CE has fixed it; crash town.

Secondly, I don't think you could tell who is "IN" the brothel by an event; once they're in the Brothel, they're not in your Party, so CE can't 'find' them through the event system.

However, you could have a condition defined for (Captive)(Female)(ProstitutionLevel>1) to catch a random captive event, along with "Owns Brothel" and "Party in Settlement".  It's........ not obvious at first that when you make an event in <Captive> (vs <Random>), that "Hero" usually means them, and "Captor" means you. So, take a look, do a lot of testing.

Any way to make an event for interaction between a captive and one of your companions/spouse/family?

(By the way, i didnt know captives in brothel are broken, only weird thing i noticed once was when one captive got cloned for some reason xD)

Edited by Musetica

@SkipWestcott

Thanks for your help. A bummer we can't use Captives in the brothel to trigger events!

As far as the captives in the brothel causing corrupt saves, I think it has been fixed (by TW I think) in version 1.0.3.

I had posted in CE's forum my observation that all my save that contained Brothels WITH captives in them were corrupt, but not the saves with Brothels wihtout Captives in versions prior to 1.0.3.

But since I switched to 1.0.3, I've had no corrupt saves after nearly 20+ hours of play with 5 brothels and 5 captives in each.

Again, thanks for the help...really appreciate it. 

PS: My current crashes have been GPU related. I recently upgraded from a GTX 970 to an RTX 3070Ti and I have been experiencing random crashes with no particular errors, except for a couple times when I got:

Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!

The GPU device instance has been suspended

Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action

I did some research and it's an NVIDIA thing...no real fixes I could find so far!

3 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

That looks like the SG Events? I don't think those were ever finished up, I haven't playtested with BC+SG.

Got it, will wait until it get finished, thx for the answer : )
I have almost all custom events from the Nexus page of Captivity Events, so I don't know, what combination of mods caused it, but I can try and find the combination, if you need it

Edited by Untercom
9 minutes ago, Untercom said:

Got it, will wait until it get finished, thx for the answer : )
I have almost all custom events from the Nexus page of Captivity Events, so I don't know, what combination of mods caused it, but I can try and find the combination, if you need it

Yeah, it's tricky to get multiple "Ecosystems" to work together, because of how custom skills work. It's doable, though!

On 2/28/2023 at 4:33 PM, yaner367 said:

Can anyone tell me how to install this. Im unclear if I put this in the modules folder like a standalone mod or is it an extension to another one? Also how do i use this with TBCaptivity events? Any help would be appreciated.

Standalone mod, shows up in the Launcher.

BC has replaced all the events from TB, you don't need TB any more.

10 hours ago, SeranaUser said:

@SkipWestcott

With CE for 1.1.0 now out, have you considering doing some sort of all-in-one CE-plus-extras package using .001/.002-type files that could be merged for simpler installation?

mmmm, no? That would kinda step on Bad Listener's territory, and BC has to be loaded from the Launcher anyway.

I am, however, looking at Hot Butter with a hacker's eye ... ?