5 hours ago, jesterbrown said:

I managed to fix my problem! I installed Captivity events wrong (thought you still had to drag default events into the module loader folder). Redownloading and reinstalling everything fixed it. 

Could you share what you did wrong/fixed? We get a lot of people who can't get CE running in the Discord, more steps helps.

I just started a play through with this mod and I really like it so far, but I'm not clear on how some of it works. How do you keep track of a character's stats? I see updates after events sometimes (Affection increase after rescuing a companion), but it seems like they decay so fast that it's just increasing from 0 again by the time another event happens.

Also, is there a way to keep a prisoner after factions make peace, or will they always disappear like normal captives?

On 1/6/2023 at 4:05 PM, SkipWestcott said:

This goes for everyone:

THIS IS A COMMUNITY PROJECT to enhance Captivity Events. I know there are probably 500 events from TB which can be improved, and the only thing preventing me from adding $Yourfavoriteevent is that we need art for it.

Whizkid has been giving me great bug tracking. Let's expand to missing events, missing logic, and your favorite missing ideas! And slide me pics!

Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I'd love to contribute something.

40 minutes ago, asd000 said:

it seems like they decay so fast that it's just increasing from 0 again by the time another event happens.

It is possible your stats are resetting -- Bannerlord needs you to Quit and Reload instead of quit to menu and Load, or it can and will reset your stats. Check yourself with captivity.current_status asd000 when you load in to make sure you have last session's stats.

Tracking: There are passive trackers for stats, in the sense you will be blocked or never see XYZ event -- originally TB had feedback on EVERY event, so it was too easy to gamify. I've made it more nuanced and roleplay'd.

Prisoners leave; this is a limitation of BL, too.

41 minutes ago, asd000 said:

Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I'd love to contribute something.

Gosh, the first thing we need is {=BCCaptor_EventText_0000} in front of every single text of the 2000 plus events, so we can offer a translations file, but that's labour, not new content.

There are things that are missing, broken, or just flat wrong. There is no concept of malesub as a player, and not much as player femsub either. There is a lot that could be done. My process for an event usually starts with proper art, writing the event afterward.

2 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

Gosh, the first thing we need is {=BCCaptor_EventText_0000} in front of every single text of the 2000 plus events, so we can offer a translations file, but that's labour, not new content.

These need to be applied to the event\XML files, correct? If it is done, how should we get you the changes? Just visible text/option text? Using TBWaitingMenus as example:

Spoiler

<CEEvent>
        <Name>TB_slavery_waiting_menu_eager</Name>
        <Text>{=TBSlaveryWaitingMenu1}{?DAYS}You've been a slave for {NUMBER_OF_DAYS} {?PLURAL}days{?}day{\?}. You need to be filled. Why is your master ignoring you? It's been minutes since you last had a hard cock filling your holes.{?}You are an eager slave.{\?}</Text>
        <BackgroundName>BC_image_slavery_bound_look_full</BackgroundName>
        <NotificationName>TB_slave_notification</NotificationName>
        <MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>Captive</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>LocationCity</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroGenderIsFemale</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroOwnedByNotable</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroNotOwnedByNotable</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroIsNotProstitute</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroIsSlave</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>WaitingMenu</RestrictedListOfFlags>
        </MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
        <Options>
            <Option>
                <Order>0</Order>
                <MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>Continue</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeSlaveryLevel</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeRenown</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ImpregnationRisk</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                </MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                <OptionText>{=TBSlaveryWaitingMenu2}Beg your master to fuck his slave.</OptionText>
                <SlaveryTotal>R 4 12</SlaveryTotal>
                <RenownTotal>R 5 15</RenownTotal>
                <PregnancyRiskModifier>1</PregnancyRiskModifier>
                <TriggerEvents>
                    <TriggerEvent>
                        <EventName>TB_slavery_x_cunni</EventName>
                        <EventWeight>100</EventWeight>
                    </TriggerEvent>
                    <TriggerEvent>
                        <EventName>TB_slavery_use</EventName>
                    </TriggerEvent>
                    <TriggerEvent>
                        <EventName>TB_slavery_lord_oral</EventName>
                    </TriggerEvent>
                </TriggerEvents>
            </Option>
        </Options>
        <ReqCustomCode>true</ReqCustomCode>
        <SexualContent>true</SexualContent>
        <ReqHeroMinAge>18</ReqHeroMinAge>
        <ReqHeroSlaveLevelAbove>250</ReqHeroSlaveLevelAbove>
    </CEEvent>
</CEEvents>

6 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

It is possible your stats are resetting -- Bannerlord needs you to Quit and Reload instead of quit to menu and Load, or it can and will reset your stats. Check yourself with captivity.current_status asd000 when you load in to make sure you have last session's stats.

Is it okay to load a game while playing, without closing or exiting to the main menu? Or will that reset stats as well?

6 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

There are things that are missing, broken, or just flat wrong. There is no concept of malesub as a player, and not much as player femsub either. There is a lot that could be done. My process for an event usually starts with proper art, writing the event afterward.

I was thinking more along the lines of providing art that you might need since you asked for pics in that post. I'm not really sure what you have planned, and I could use something specific to work on.

I'd be happy to help with updating event text too, if there's a good way to avoid redundant work and get it sent to you properly.

8 hours ago, n0b0dy0 said:

These need to be applied to the event\XML files, correct? If it is done, how should we get you the changes? Just visible text/option text? Using TBWaitingMenus as example:

Reveal hidden contents

<CEEvent>
        <Name>TB_slavery_waiting_menu_eager</Name>
        <Text>{=TBSlaveryWaitingMenu1}{?DAYS}You've been a slave for {NUMBER_OF_DAYS} {?PLURAL}days{?}day{\?}. You need to be filled. Why is your master ignoring you? It's been minutes since you last had a hard cock filling your holes.{?}You are an eager slave.{\?}</Text>
        <BackgroundName>BC_image_slavery_bound_look_full</BackgroundName>
        <NotificationName>TB_slave_notification</NotificationName>
        <MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>Captive</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>LocationCity</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroGenderIsFemale</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroOwnedByNotable</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroNotOwnedByNotable</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroIsNotProstitute</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>HeroIsSlave</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>WaitingMenu</RestrictedListOfFlags>
        </MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
        <Options>
            <Option>
                <Order>0</Order>
                <MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>Continue</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeSlaveryLevel</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeRenown</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ImpregnationRisk</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                </MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                <OptionText>{=TBSlaveryWaitingMenu2}Beg your master to fuck his slave.</OptionText>
                <SlaveryTotal>R 4 12</SlaveryTotal>
                <RenownTotal>R 5 15</RenownTotal>
                <PregnancyRiskModifier>1</PregnancyRiskModifier>
                <TriggerEvents>
                    <TriggerEvent>
                        <EventName>TB_slavery_x_cunni</EventName>
                    </TriggerEvent>
                    <TriggerEvent>
                        <EventName>TB_slavery_use</EventName>
                    </TriggerEvent>
                    <TriggerEvent>
                        <EventName>TB_slavery_lord_oral</EventName>
                    </TriggerEvent>
                </TriggerEvents>
            </Option>
        </Options>
        <ReqCustomCode>true</ReqCustomCode>
        <SexualContent>true</SexualContent>
        <ReqHeroMinAge>18</ReqHeroMinAge>
        <ReqHeroSlaveLevelAbove>250</ReqHeroSlaveLevelAbove>
    </CEEvent>
</CEEvents>

Right it goes there, on all the events, then we need a "std_module_strings.xml" or equivalent which REPEATS just the code and the  text,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<base xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" type="string">
  <tags>
    <tag language="English" />
  </tags>
  <strings>
    <string id="BCCaptortext1" text="This is the first string we're putting in." />

THEN translators copy THAT file, replacing the language and text but keeping the IDs. Make sense?

44 minutes ago, SkipWestcott said:

Right it goes there, on all the events, then we need a "std_module_strings.xml" or equivalent which REPEATS just the code and the  text,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<base xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" type="string">
  <tags>
    <tag language="English" />
  </tags>
  <strings>
    <string id="BCCaptortext1" text="This is the first string we're putting in." />

THEN translators copy THAT file, replacing the language and text but keeping the IDs. Make sense?

Like this then and for TBWaitingMenus that should be all that is needed? Now..to apply to the other 2000 plus (minus 2) events

TBWaitingMenus.xml TBWaitingMenus_en_strings.xml

Edited by n0b0dy0
10 minutes ago, n0b0dy0 said:

Like this then and for TBWaitingMenus that should be all that is needed? Now..to apply to the other 2000 plus (minus 2) events

TBWaitingMenus.xml 3.08 kB · 2 downloads TBWaitingMenus_en_strings.xml 619 B · 2 downloads

Yes, like that (the 2nd file is missing the /base tag so I can't see it but it's not that tough to figure out so I'm confident file 2 is good).

Now, I'm not sure what the best practice is for mod authors naming these strings. I've seen it just BCCaptorText0001-9999, and I've seen it more refined like you started here. Starting one file at a time and testing is the way to proceed.

Some strings are re-usable, but most are one event only. Good luck and thank you for anything you get done.

I can't do translations unless you count google translate. Just trying to help where I can since I have 0 art, 0 coding knowledge. Grunt work like this is something I can do.

I looked at CE's and followed its naming schemes. 

I'll start with TBSlavery.

Hey there! is there a way for me to edit the skill/traits of my captive? I am able to export&import my character through Character Reload. but it seems I'm unable to insert skills such as; CaptiveAffection=100 or CaptiveObedience=100.

Also every new load/restart all characters skill's are back to Zero.  Edit: Found out that i cant load a save midgame got to quit fully and restart it.

thanks in advance ❤️ really enjoyed what ya'll are building.

Edited by Jamesking

I will try my hand at this as well (starting with a relatively small one like a_TBOverrideWiatingMenus, because I'm still not 100% sure I know what I'm doing). I'll name strings after the filename they're in + a number. Hopefully this will avoid crossing wires by just naming things descriptively, or naming them all after the mod.

Edit: I named strings "filename000," and when I noticed that a lot of menu options were repeated I numbered the Text entries first and then searched/numbered the OptionText entries. Can you let me know if this all looks good and sounds like it'll work before I dive into some larger files? I'll post what I'm working on in the thread so n0b0dy0 and I don't end up doing the same ones.

strings check.7z

Edited by asd000
45 minutes ago, Jamesking said:

Hey there! is there a way for me to edit the skill/traits of my captive? I am able to export&import my character through Character Reload. but it seems I'm unable to insert skills such as; CaptiveAffection=100 or CaptiveObedience=100.

Also every new load/restart all characters skill's are back to Zero.  Edit: Found out that i can load a save midgame got to quit fully and restart it.

thanks in advance ❤️ really enjoyed what ya'll are building.

Thanks for enjoying!

As you've noticed, CharReload would have to explicitly call these skills (or "look for all custom skills") for it to work right.

No other way to set other than to cheat by making an event menu to raise/lower a captive/companion's skill.

For BC Captor: Hot Buttered Girls 0.5.1 and the 4 files Image 1 - 4 are they where in the Modual Folder are they placed, I've managed to get most of the most of the checks but for some reason I can't get BC captor and gear to allow me to check mark it. So I'm thinking I downloaded and placed Hot buttered Girls along side the 4 imagine files in the wrong place so I wanted to clarify the instillation for them and if they all go inside a certain folder? Sorry to bother would love the help. 

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (43).png

1 hour ago, FlowFour said:

For BC Captor:

First, there is a HotButterScenes mod; install that from Nexus. Put both HB & HBScenes ABOVE CaptivityEvents. (only HBScenes is required)

Next, put SadSun ABOVE BC:

modmenu.jpg.aeb3f02d3f39d0f4fc9482b01e85edad.jpg

That should be it! write back if trouble

Edited by SkipWestcott
On 1/14/2023 at 10:00 AM, SkipWestcott said:

Could you share what you did wrong/fixed? We get a lot of people who can't get CE running in the Discord, more steps helps.

The bug actually came back when i updated Captivity Events, but was able to figure out the problem REALLY was (i hope). It seems to be a load order problem with the Cultured Start mod. For some reason, putting it higher in the load order Than CE and BC fixed it.

Edited by jesterbrown
14 hours ago, jesterbrown said:

The bug actually came back when i updated Captivity Events, but was able to figure out the problem REALLY was (i hope). It seems to be a load order problem with the Cultured Start mod. For some reason, putting it higher in the load order Than CE and BC fixed it.

Probably because CapEvents adds custom skills, which Cultured Start isn't expecting. It's called "zCaptivityEvents" so you load it at the bottom!

image.png.678dcf3f8b25e378fa644c8850746a2b.png

Happened when trying to Elevate on Vortex. First time I've seen this. Clicking any of the three buttons just makes the screen pop up again.

Ideas?

FWIW my game is installed on an external SSD and not my C drive.

A Vortex update changed my mod staging folder. Still sorting through mods to get 1.0.3-friendly ones, but I can at least Elevate and Deploy in Nexus.

Edited by SeranaUser
19 minutes ago, supermondj said:

hello in what version is this mod supposed to run? because i can´t even start the game, i have ctd on the loading screen would love to have some help

If you're having crash issues, it is almost definitely not related to BC -- I don't have any DLLs.

Look at the guy right above you -- looks like Vortex and 1.03 BL don't play well together?

Edited by SkipWestcott

@SkipWestcottTBSlavery updates done. Please let me know if there are issues.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:55 PM, asd000 said:

I will try my hand at this as well (starting with a relatively small one like a_TBOverrideWiatingMenus, because I'm still not 100% sure I know what I'm doing). I'll name strings after the filename they're in + a number. Hopefully this will avoid crossing wires by just naming things descriptively, or naming them all after the mod.

Edit: I named strings "filename000," and when I noticed that a lot of menu options were repeated I numbered the Text entries first and then searched/numbered the OptionText entries. Can you let me know if this all looks good and sounds like it'll work before I dive into some larger files? I'll post what I'm working on in the thread so n0b0dy0 and I don't end up doing the same ones.

strings check.7z 2.02 kB · 1 download

@asd000 Next, I'll work on TBRandomEvents...

TBSlavery.7z

Edited by n0b0dy0
2 hours ago, supermondj said:

i ran on 1.02 but it crashes i disabled mcm and got to load a bit, but said that the program faced a problem 

622224646_errormb.png.4e824929b466a2641b8ac4f513f9f668.png

and this message pops before starting

Double check to make sure the mods you downloaded are for the Bannerlord version you are running. For example (may not be true), the latest MCM may not run properly on 1.0.2.

The order of mods (when a mod is above the other) also matters. 

HotButterScenes does not have the version identified in its submodule, but this warning should be safe to ignore.

Also, make sure to "unblock" the dll files on mods.

--Goto the mod folder -> bin \ Win64_Shipping_Client <--this folder and right click and go to "Properties" on the mod dll.

image.png.590896a829697b5295f9dae33b2c47b6.png

Edited by n0b0dy0