8 minutes ago, rj_ze_great said:

Thanks for the prompt response!

I wasn't sure which one SG was but I'm guessing it's SadSuns events. In any case I disabled all other addons to CE (except default and the base mod) That doesn't seem to fix it. I did however notice one other thing on trying it out with different captives. The background changes whenever one of the captives becomes unresponsive and I'm guessing this isn't one of the BC backgrounds.

image.png.b8c1dc183e122549247248ec90d631a1.png

One other thing. When I select the Strip and shackle option it takes me to the character inventory screen but only my characters show up there and no change is made to the captive. Don't know if this is part of the same problem but maybe it is? Any help would be awesome and once again thanks!

Ok first of all, I'm illiterate and you dont' have SG, you have SadSun which is explicitly ok.

Secondly, these are WEIRD ERRORS. Please try downloading the latest BC Events zip and overwriting your files. (The images won't be the problem).

Thirdly, if that doesn't help, open up /Modules/zCaptivityEvents/ModuleLogs/ and see if there are any EVENTS throwing errors (there will be SCENES throwing errors, but that's just bc CE checks every XML it can find not just Events xmls.)

Appreciate you taking the time here!

A re-install was the first thing I tried but I did try it again to no avail.

Here are the logs I found in the CE folder. Not sure how to read them as I'm tech illiterate.

The captives I face this issue with go unresponsive within about one day (in-game time) of me capturing them and at that point no event triggers for them and I am also unable to execute them (I would get a ctd but I have better exception handling mod which allows me to continue). So it appears that these npcs are no longer treated as regular npcs after 24 hours for some reason. 

LogFileFC.txt LoadingFailedXML.txt

Found the culprit!!

Null hero fix was messing up the npcs. I don't even recall why I put that mod in there.

Sorry for wasting your time with an issue that wasn't yours.

I would like to know about the shackle issue if you have any ideas. (in my last post I mention strip and shackle her only opens my inventory screen and does nothing to the prisoner).

in any case I appreciate you taking the time and keep up the good work!!!

3 minutes ago, sinph said:

Null hero fix and governor on change are both listed to help prevent crashes with captivity events. Not sure if this has changed since or will.

Yup I recall that now that's why I added them. I don't seem to have any crashes without null hero fix though it is definitely what was causing the issue. Will update if I see anything wonky.

2 hours ago, rj_ze_great said:

I would like to know about the shackle issue if you have any ideas.

Hmm, you say the inventory opens? That sounds like the wrong event but it's a known issue that CE doesn't do the inventory in the updated BL way.

When I say "wrong event" it makes me think that you may NOT have the right BC Captor version but I don't quite know. What you do is, get to right before the event, then delete all the files in ~/ModuleLogs, then fire the event through to your undesired behavior.

That should give a clean log message for us to look at.

Hi Skip!

I'm haven't gotten a new prisoner yet will update you on the shackles as soon as I nab another.

I've been trying to get the mod to work with bannerkings without resetting my CE stats. I can tell you after 50 odd restarts that just closing the game  and reloading does not work it will show the complete list of ce sstats messing up the UI and simply loading a save without exiting invariably wipes out any earned stats.

As a work around I thought I could use a character editor to change CE stats everytime I reload and have stats wiped out but the stats do not show in the interface so I'm thinking of using cheats to add those skills next. Any idea on how I would go about doing that?

Again your time and help is greatly appreciated!

14 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

Hmm, you say the inventory opens? That sounds like the wrong event but it's a known issue that CE doesn't do the inventory in the updated BL way.

When I say "wrong event" it makes me think that you may NOT have the right BC Captor version but I don't quite know. What you do is, get to right before the event, then delete all the files in ~/ModuleLogs, then fire the event through to your undesired behavior.

That should give a clean log message for us to look at.

Alright so I did a clean test. I went Time to have some fun> Have her prepared for the harem> Strip and shackle her. All this does is open the inventory screen and give a message that the captive has lost or gained self respect. Is that all it's supposed to do? Module logs are empty so it's not throwing an error.

Edited by rj_ze_great
adding details

Giant stat list is how you know it's working, if it's disappeared it means the stats have been wiped, though the save bug exists outside of BK also.  Find your BannerlordConfig.txt and set UIScale=0.35, level, quit, reset back to 1, continue, huge pain in the ass yes.

As for editors, giving yourself skills via em typically doesn't work as the ones I've tried are bugged where you won't typically gain whatever other passive effect from certain skills.  Also if you are just restoring CE skills, you'd also have to do it for each companion as well.

55 minutes ago, sinph said:

Giant stat list is how you know it's working, if it's disappeared it means the stats have been wiped, though the save bug exists outside of BK also.  Find your BannerlordConfig.txt and set UIScale=0.35, level, quit, reset back to 1, continue, huge pain in the ass yes.

As for editors, giving yourself skills via em typically doesn't work as the ones I've tried are bugged where you won't typically gain whatever other passive effect from certain skills.  Also if you are just restoring CE skills, you'd also have to do it for each companion as well.

Thanks for the workaround! It works but makes leveling a complete chore since I can't see what perks I'm picking (my eyesight is absolute shit) but it's a good stop gap anyway so thank you.

I had an error and had to force quit it seems stats were still wiped even though I never reloaded from the menu.

I'm more concerned about events triggering than passive effects from the skills. Do the events still trigger if you give your companions/captives say the relevant affection or obedience skill or the broken tag for example?

7 hours ago, rj_ze_great said:

All this does is open the inventory screen

Ok, that is because of line 185, change

<RestrictedListOfConsequences>StripHero</RestrictedListOfConsequences>

to

<RestrictedListOfConsequences>Strip</RestrictedListOfConsequences>

and make sure the StripSettings block is NOT commented out

<!-- commented out -->

On 3/18/2023 at 4:36 AM, SkipWestcott said:

Ok, that is because of line 185, change

<RestrictedListOfConsequences>StripHero</RestrictedListOfConsequences>

to

<RestrictedListOfConsequences>Strip</RestrictedListOfConsequences>

and make sure the StripSettings block is NOT commented out

<!-- commented out -->

Sorry for the late response RL's a bitch. Also sorry about being a noob but which file do I change this in?

On 3/17/2023 at 5:10 PM, rj_ze_great said:

Thanks for the workaround! It works but makes leveling a complete chore since I can't see what perks I'm picking (my eyesight is absolute shit)

I'm gonna have to agree here, this is a horrific "workaround" currently, not really wanting to have to logout and resort to flea-sized icons and text just to take care of leveling up. But at the same time Banner Kings changes the core gameplay in such a fundamental play if it came down to it I would rather disable this mod rather than BK (yes, that did hurt my soul to say...)

Is there not any way to disable the skills from showing up in character sheet at the very least? It's not like they have perks there and show anything other than a 1-50 number by the looks of things so I really wouldn't mind just not seeing them.

15 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

Shit sorry haha, it's Events\BCCaptorKeepEvents.xml

Thanks! that worked! and once again thank you for taking the time!

11 hours ago, amgwtfover said:

But at the same time Banner Kings changes the core gameplay in such a fundamental play if it came down to it I would rather disable this mod rather than BK (yes, that did hurt my soul to say...)

Haha I know what you mean. One adds character to the game as a whole and the the other (besides the sex parts) makes npcs feel like they're more than bots. I mean if the skill system skip has set up could be extended to include non-sex related personality traits which triggered various non-sex events that could be an AMAZING mod unto itself.

11 hours ago, amgwtfover said:

Is there not any way to disable the skills from showing up in character sheet at the very least? It's not like they have perks there and show anything other than a 1-50 number by the looks of things so I really wouldn't mind just not seeing them.

THIS! I don't mind constantly having to restart the game to level up that's fine just some alternate UI for leveling would also work. I tried using Character Reload mod which kinda has it's own character UI. Unfortunately it only allows you to cheat and not legit level up.

Hello . I've noticed if there is a thief that ı run after her,I can't do anything to her .Is it a problem .Because These activities were working when ı downloaded the mod but now it doesn't after downloaded new version .And ı have one more question. Do I need to install TB while using bc captor.

Hello

I've been trying to figure out how to stop this mod from changing npc prisoners clothing, but have had little to no success so far. I've been fiddling around with the "BCCaptorKeepEvents.xml", which seems to contain the coding that handles the harem menu. I've pretty much just been trying to remove various lines handling character stripping, but I either get no effect at all, or I end up botching up the harem menu completely in the process, by removing too much.

Does anyone know how to go about this the right way? Any help or insight would be much appreciated!

17 hours ago, MBPlayer16 said:

Do I need to install TB while using bc captor.

No.

Regarding the thief problem, I would need to see the log message from right when the unexpected close-event happens. Check your load order, though.

15 hours ago, Hablahans said:

Hello

I've been trying to figure out how to stop this mod from changing npc prisoners clothing

Yknow I have just started noticing that it is stripping people I don't mean to strip, but I thought I was just misclicking the option in the menu? It is a possible bug with CE if it strips when we don't mean to.

In "Keep Events" just <!-- comment out --> the line that says "Strip" or "Strip Hero" to stop that event.

@SkipWestcott, missing "TB_random_current_actor_condition_m" and "TB_random_current_actor_condition", i think these should be "BC_random_current_actor_condition_m" and "BC_random_current_actor_condition", as I am not able to find any events for these..

update:

Couldn't find BC_event_sex_equus_4_6 in events.

Edited by Whizkid