Today I learned... Skyrim edition

So, after 11 years of playing, several (teen) thousand hours across 3 versions (X360, LE, SE), this morning I learned about Windshear's existence and its location. I had no idea about it until literally 20 minutes ago.

I thought Skyrim held no secrets before me. I was wrong. I am now in this weird state of feeling simultaneously amazed, excited and stupid (but mostly excited), I actually had to make a post to get it off my chest.

Edited by belegost

Windshear.. I needed to google that.. o__O I own this game since its release and I never knew that thing existed..

Reminds me of when I first entered the Bloated Man Grotto without the quest and found out there's a Sword plus Mini backstory to find O_o 

Edited by Gukahn
46 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

I own this game since its release and I never knew that thing existed.

Subtle, isn't it?

It s same way subtil as I can read from the overall content of the files what the game has been waiting for and never being set to become realized: havok-based more moving assets have become quitted. More bigger whiterun has become quitted-the plan of whiterun-pillory(s) have been there but wasted, too. A secret door inside of the dragonsreach should lead the player to a secret place....mechanics and stuff is in game but not realized because of technical issures - that quest has been not created. And lot of stuff more...SKYRIM was planned to become online from beginning-means the game has been built quite with lightweighted textures...sad that they quitted that but the problem for a mod-able game to go online has been to big, then. Ideas-ideas-ideas....and lot of restrictions because of the open world limitations....

A working whiterun pillory you can find in ZAP 9. Enough to put the gamer into restraints as a prisoner in the beginning of the game-so too scary to create available torture-assets for the player...btw. is there an alternative leather-restraint, which also never went into the game, but ZAP had it as a NOT used asset inside of version7 and later I made that original (I repaired the original mesh a little and used again it´s original textures) to become a wrist and a ankle-cuff. Very-very nice-one of the best vanilla restraint very tight sitting and close together. I guess bethesda was afraid because of it´s animation or mechanic, which has to be created wisely so to not "break" the asset down onto a left or a right hand use. If made with two bones, such asset is showing it´s bad mesh behavior as long it is weared (deformation, stretching, which is not possible to be shown in a serious gameplay)-so they decided to use this left and right assets, meeting in the animation to simulate a single bondage. That´s the way which had that asset. Not possible for Skyrim´s mechanic. And not made well in details.

In zap those assets look perfect with the dedicated textures....last pics!

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt2.JPG

Unbenannt3.JPG

Edited by t.ara

These playlists from the Youtube channel TheEpicNate315 might be of interest

57 videos of 10 things you might have missed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVK_3V9zXFw&list=PLLw6jr9nSJaxmkK1lXLL9MKLGqx8bmavb

18 videos of things you might not know you can do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQtvV4kANM&list=PLLw6jr9nSJawETzIWONt1aiNM9Iv2yoWc

What is sometimes fun is finding something you forgot about, so you get the excitement twice because you have been playing the game so long you could forget things.

I think anyone suggesting the videos of things that you might have missed in Skyrim or lists of 10 things you didn't know and the like, is missing the point.

Saying that, did anyone honestly accidently find the Dragon in Blackreach or did you first read about it/see it on a video?

I didn't, I probably had over 8k hours played before I found out about it and tried it.

9 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

did anyone honestly accidently find the Dragon in Blackreach or did you first read about it/see it on a video?

Nah, I read about it on UESP first. Though I only "summoned" it once, way back on X360 and only after already spending like 20 hours down there on my 7th character.

Ever since I started playing on PC I never managed to get it to appear. Probably one of the multitude of mods "fixed" him, but I'm not going to look which one. My suspicion is it might've been USLEEP/USSEP, as it is the only one that's the iron foundation of all my games, but I don't really care.

Edited by belegost
14 hours ago, Mez558 said:

did anyone honestly accidently find the Dragon in Blackreach

Wait...there is a Dragon in Blackreach?!?! I have been playing this game since it hit the shelves, Like @belegost X-360, then X-one, now PC, and I have never seen the Dragon. Blackreach while not terribly difficult is, in my mind, a place designed to make one leave asap like the ugly colored diner booths, do what you came to do and leave.  So that is a new one for me.  :)

42 minutes ago, caveman74 said:

Wait...there is a Dragon in Blackreach?!?! I have been playing this game since it hit the shelves, Like @belegost X-360, then X-one, now PC, and I have never seen the Dragon. Blackreach while not terribly difficult is, in my mind, a place designed to make one leave asap like the ugly colored diner booths, do what you came to do and leave.  So that is a new one for me.  :)

Actual Spoiler Below

Spoiler

The Dragon is trapped in that huge golden orb high up. Use unrelenting force shout on it and it will get released, I think you have to get up there for it to work if you don't have all three words. You will hear a loud clang and then the Dragon is out. Giant usually ends up killing it, in my experience.

Vor 29 Minuten sagte Mez558:

Tatsächlicher Spoiler unten

Inhalte ausblenden

Der Drache ist in dieser riesigen goldenen Kugel hoch oben gefangen. Verwenden Sie einen unerbittlichen Gewaltschrei darauf und es wird freigegeben. Ich denke, Sie müssen dort hochkommen, damit es funktioniert, wenn Sie nicht alle drei Wörter haben. Du hörst ein lautes Klirren und dann ist der Drache draußen. Meiner Erfahrung nach tötet Giant es normalerweise.

and there are mods that override this and replace the dragon with another monster
such as "SL Parasites" - that's when the Chaurus Queen appears

but the trigger is a Dwemer device that stands on the platform from which you make the dragon scream in the vanilla game

On 12/23/2022 at 7:37 AM, t.ara said:

It s same way subtil as I can read from the overall content of the files what the game has been waiting for and never being set to become realized: havok-based more moving assets have become quitted. More bigger whiterun has become quitted-the plan of whiterun-pillory(s) have been there but wasted, too. A secret door inside of the dragonsreach should lead the player to a secret place....mechanics and stuff is in game but not realized because of technical issures - that quest has been not created. And lot of stuff more...SKYRIM was planned to become online from beginning-means the game has been built quite with lightweighted textures...sad that they quitted that but the problem for a mod-able game to go online has been to big, then. Ideas-ideas-ideas....and lot of restrictions because of the open world limitations....

A working whiterun pillory you can find in ZAP 9. Enough to put the gamer into restraints as a prisoner in the beginning of the game-so too scary to create available torture-assets for the player...btw. is there an alternative leather-restraint, which also never went into the game, but ZAP had it as a NOT used asset inside of version7 and later I made that original (I repaired the original mesh a little and used again it´s original textures) to become a wrist and a ankle-cuff. Very-very nice-one of the best vanilla restraint very tight sitting and close together. I guess bethesda was afraid because of it´s animation or mechanic, which has to be created wisely so to not "break" the asset down onto a left or a right hand use. If made with two bones, such asset is showing it´s bad mesh behavior as long it is weared (deformation, stretching, which is not possible to be shown in a serious gameplay)-so they decided to use this left and right assets, meeting in the animation to simulate a single bondage. That´s the way which had that asset. Not possible for Skyrim´s mechanic. And not made well in details.

In zap those assets look perfect with the dedicated textures....last pics!

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt2.JPG

Unbenannt3.JPG

welcome to what happens when you make a trash fire purposefully built to be impossible to program for console as your lead platform.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Another one. I just found Frofnir Trollsbane and his hammer.

I have visited this place, or at least a vicinity of this place several times in the past. But I don't think it ever occurred to me to actually REALLY look around. 13 years playing now, yet here it is, another piece of the game I had no idea existed.

Edited by belegost