1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

PVPK can only initiate scenes via Easy Prey, Homewrecker, Life of the Party, and Unbridled Nymphomania.  Everything else has to be initiated by the user, either through the AAF wizard or some other AAF mod (SEU, Violate, etc).  Town Bicycle is a passive reaction; it triggers anytime you have sex with your settlers through any mod.

Got it, thanks!

I don't think renaming the plugin was necessary, but hey, you do you. All that's left now is to reset the mod (remove the perks), uninstall Perverted Perks, load and save without the mod and finally, install Provocative Perks and play the game. I progressed quite a bit since installing the original and I'm willing to take a risk.

That being said, I think mod authors should put their username/initials in the plugin. For example, if I were the author of Perverted Perks I'd simply name the plugin RD's Perverted Perks or RD_PervertedPerks (RD stands for rubber_duck, which is the username I'm using pretty much everywhere lol).

Nonetheless, thanks for replying and keep up the great work! I'm really curious to see what new features you'll be adding to this one as well as your other mods! Keep it up and take care!

42 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I've run into a similar problem playtesting a mod I'm working on, where I relied on the script pausing side effect of menu mode. In my case it was calling out to ShowSPECIALMenu from a messagebox answer and the script then popped up another messagebox afterward. This worked great (SPECIAL menu was shown, once player exits it the subsequent messagebox was displayed), until one day it didn't. I don't know what changed, but the script started bringing up the SPECIAL menu and then immediately overlaying the subsequent messagebox. Looking into the vault exit elevator script for inspiration, I saw they went with event-driven flow control there instead (registering for menu close, then yielding execution by exiting the function), probably for similar reasons.

While that was a way out for the script where I was running into the problem, it doesn't help you much for the error case you have. I mainly wanted to point out that you can't always trust menu mode to pause script execution, even for the script the menu was launched from.

That's good to know.  I have a couple ideas on how to put in the block (not particularly complicated, as you say, just didn't think it was necessary before).

36 minutes ago, Operand said:

One small quality of life issue that's easy to fix: perks selection menu should not show buttons for perks which are already present (i.e. were chosen and confirmed before). It's just a simple HasPerk condition.

Actually that's deliberate.  I wanted the player (and myself) to be able to pull up the full perk description without exiting the game.  It does, however, block off the "Add Perk" button if you already added the perk.

35 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

I don't think renaming the plugin was necessary, but hey, you do you.

From a technical perspective, no.  However the mismatch would grate on my sense of order for the rest of my modding days.  Changing it now, when the mod was only around 200 downloads, is really my one window of opportunity.  A valuable lesson in due diligence when choosing mod names.

21 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Actually that's deliberate.  I wanted the player (and myself) to be able to pull up the full perk description without exiting the game.  It does, however, block off the "Add Perk" button if you already added the perk.

Roger. One more thing: you might consider integrating those with LevelUp MenuX (not as a requirement but in case user has it it'd be nice and organic to access perks in-game).

2 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

That would actually make a lot of sense, and also be more impactful than just advancing the clock a few hours.  I'll look into the level of effort involved.  Tentacus' "Don't Lose Your Head" mod is probably a good example.

I'm tempted to say after the black out you if you got plugs of the commonwealth then you a have chance to wake up in a plug inserted in your character and if you do go with the wake up with random beds idea then your character has a chance to not only wake up with a plug but bound someway like maybe they just got a pair of handcuffs put on from real handcuffs or a pose from mod like Slave and Model Poses they have to struggle a bit to get out or maybe some Devious Devices pieces like the rope bindings on there wrists and ankles and also maybe a chance to wake with tattoos from captive tattoo like they did a bunch of body writing on you while you were passed out.

Or maybe I'm just putting far too much thought into one perk...

Anyway only other thing I did think of if for the Letax Fetish Perk if like the default Vault Suit should count as well for the perk. ((It's close isn't it?))

Edit: Now I had the thought maybe with the Homewrecker Perk Npcs that are evil enough will slap a shock collar on you and maybe give you shocks if you hang around them too much? and if you have both the Homewrecker Perk and Abandoned Property. Any Jealous npcs will give your character the wrong code on propose to try and trick them into shocking themselves.

Edited by Spaceguest991
36 minutes ago, Operand said:

Roger. One more thing: you might consider integrating those with LevelUp MenuX (not as a requirement but in case user has it it'd be nice and organic to access perks in-game).

Interesting.  If I can do so as a soft requirement (or optional extra plugin), that looks like a nice clean selection method.  Have you added perks to it before? 

28 minutes ago, Spaceguest991 said:

I'm tempted to say after the black out you if you got plugs of the commonwealth then you a have chance to wake up in a plug inserted in your character and if you do go with the wake up with random beds idea then your character has a chance to not only wake up with a plug but bound someway like maybe they just got a pair of handcuffs put on from real handcuffs or a pose from mod like Slave and Model Poses they have to struggle a bit to get out or maybe some Devious Devices pieces like the rope bindings on there wrists and ankles and also maybe a chance to wake with tattoos from captive tattoo like they did a bunch of body writing on you while you were passed out.

Or maybe I'm just putting far too much thought into one perk...

Anyway only other thing I did think of if for the Letax Fetish Perk if like the default Vault Suit should count as well for the perk. ((It's close isn't it?))

Edit: Now I had the thought maybe with the Homewrecker Perk Npcs that are evil enough will slap a shock collar on you and maybe give you shocks if you hang around them too much? and if you have both the Homewrecker Perk and Abandoned Property. Any Jealous npcs will give your character the wrong code on propose to try and trick them into shocking themselves.

I think you're quickly entering "new standalone mod" territory there.  :classic_biggrin:

Personally I wouldn't add the vault suit, but if you (or another end user) is comfortable making tiny patches, I left hooks for adding armor.  TBH at some point I'd like to steal @JB.'s method of adding keywords via the armor bench.  It's downright brilliant.

From a technical perspective, no.  However the mismatch would grate on my sense of order for the rest of my modding days.  Changing it now, when the mod was only around 200 downloads, is really my one window of opportunity.  A valuable lesson in due diligence when choosing mod names.

That's understandable. Better late than never, eh?

Two more questions real quick...

1) How does the Carnal Compulsion actually work? Does it trigger only on location change or did you implement it with a timer (after N hours, try and start approach)? Because I already received 2 quests and both times the target was Ivy (following companion; I enabled companions in Partner Settings). The first time it triggered it made sense as I received it upon entering a player home, and the only actors were PC and Ivy. The second time it triggered is when I entered DC, but I assumed it'd pick any other NPC.

2) How often does Soldier of Whoretune update the companions? This is somewhat related to the first question.

I received the quest from Carnal Compulsion and the target was my companion Ivy. I started the AAF scene with SEU and upon exiting the scene the quest was successfully completed. However, immediately after a few in-game minutes, I left the player home and went to roam around. Just as I exited the player home (literally made a few steps forward) I got a notification that my follower (Ivy) isn't pleased and wants PC's attention (not exactly like that, but something along these lines). I ignored it, walked some more and then upon entering DC I get another Carnal Compulsion quest with target being Ivy yet again. I do the quest, buy some ammo and meds, and leave DC. Upon exiting and walking a few meters I receive another notification - follower refuses to fight. Why is that? Why the Carnal Compulsion scenes do not count?

It's a minor issue, but I'd like to learn more.

Take care!

Edited by rubber_duck

If you do end up going with a teleport feature with blackouts, a small request for the sake of future cross-mod compatibility: it would be nice if there were a way for other mods to make temporary changes to the list of possible destinations on the fly.

In the case of the mod I'm working on, it's a captivity scenario where your initial goal is to find a way out. I have an ugly patch for the aforementioned teleport mechanic in Alcohol Effects, so that if you get drunk and black out you just wake up (back) in the captive location. It's a convenient enough workaround to prevent the player from escaping simply by binge drinking (an activity your captors are likely to encourage if not force on you). The AE author unfortunately implemented their set of possible teleport destinations with (many imperfect copies of) an array of forms passed as script properties, so altering the plugin was pretty much my only option. If they had made a formlist and passed that as a property there would have been a lot more options to make the workaround more dynamic, but there are a number of other ways they could have approached it as well.

Anyway, in summary, at least some way for a mod to (via soft integration) block the teleport, but better still some way for mods to add their own custom destinations as well.

51 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

That's understandable. Better late than never, eh?

Two more questions real quick...

1) How does the Carnal Compulsion actually work? Does it trigger only on location change or did you implement it with a timer (after N hours, try and start approach)? Because I already received 2 quests and both times the target was Ivy (following companion; I enabled companions in Partner Settings). The first time it triggered it made sense as I received it upon entering a player home, and the only actors were PC and Ivy. The second time it triggered is when I entered DC, but I assumed it'd pick any other NPC.

2) How often does Soldier of Whoretune update the companions? This is somewhat related to the first question.

I received the quest from Carnal Compulsion and the target was my companion Ivy. I started the AAF scene with SEU and upon exiting the scene the quest was successfully completed. However, immediately after a few in-game minutes, I left the player home and went to roam around. Just as I exited the player home (literally made a few steps forward) I got a notification that my follower (Ivy) isn't pleased and wants PC's attention (not exactly like that, but something along these lines). I ignored it, walked some more and then upon entering DC I get another Carnal Compulsion quest with target being Ivy yet again. I do the quest, buy some ammo and meds, and leave DC. Upon exiting and walking a few meters I receive another notification - follower refuses to fight. Why is that? Why the Carnal Compulsion scenes do not count?

It's a minor issue, but I'd like to learn more.

Take care!

1- Carnal Compulsion rolls odds every time you change location.  If the roll fails, it increases the odds by your MCM setting for next time.  If the roll succeeds, it pulls every NPC that conforms to your MCM partner settings (race, gender, companion, hostile, scan range).  Then it chooses one at random.  I double checked- it does not choose the nearest matching NPC.  So it could be a fluke.  Could be a bad random roll.  Could be PVPK couldn't find any other valid NPCs based on your settings.  Let me know if it continues to happen.

2- SoW Motivated (the buff immediately after companion sex) is set to 36 minutes real time.  Unsatisfied (not buffed, but not on strike) is set to 72 minutes.  Carnal Compulsion sex should count for SoW as long as the sex with Ivy was consensual from her perspective (either non-aggressive, or she was "top").  I have noticed sometimes that location changes reset a companion and clear their magic effects, which would result in SoW updating to the next condition in line.  I've been pondering how to fix it but nothing concrete yet.

Edited by spicydoritos
41 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

I think you're quickly entering "new standalone mod" territory there.  :classic_biggrin:

Personally I wouldn't add the vault suit, but if you (or another end user) is comfortable making tiny patches, I left hooks for adding armor.  TBH at some point I'd like to steal @JB.'s method of adding keywords via the armor bench.  It's downright brilliant.

Yeah fair enough, I do think to myself if I keep getting carried away with ideas like this I really should learn how to make my own mods so then I can get carried away as much I want and Nobody can stop me! Mawhahahaha!

*Coughs* Not helping I had idea for a new Perk called something like Covert Pervert: Where the player character enjoys and gets a buff from wearing bondage stuff like devious devices or having toys in them like plugs of the commonwealth but only when they're able to hide them under their clothes otherwise they'll get a debuff either from something that can be seen even if they have clothes on or if otherwise naked about from the bondage stuff.

37 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If you do end up going with a teleport feature with blackouts, a small request for the sake of future cross-mod compatibility: it would be nice if there were a way for other mods to make temporary changes to the list of possible destinations on the fly.

In the case of the mod I'm working on, it's a captivity scenario where your initial goal is to find a way out. I have an ugly patch for the aforementioned teleport mechanic in Alcohol Effects, so that if you get drunk and black out you just wake up (back) in the captive location. It's a convenient enough workaround to prevent the player from escaping simply by binge drinking (an activity your captors are likely to encourage if not force on you). The AE author unfortunately implemented their set of possible teleport destinations with (many imperfect copies of) an array of forms passed as script properties, so altering the plugin was pretty much my only option. If they had made a formlist and passed that as a property there would have been a lot more options to make the workaround more dynamic, but there are a number of other ways they could have approached it as well.

Anyway, in summary, at least some way for a mod to (via soft integration) block the teleport, but better still some way for mods to add their own custom destinations as well.

While I have not even begun to look into this option, that sounds like a reasonable request.  I would definitely add an MCM chance slider to teleport to adjust the odds at minimum.  A formlist of destinations is no problem.  Hell, I could even add a lockout global for any mod to set (not appearing in MCM) if you need to block teleportation.

4 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Alright take 2 on the mod name.

BIG IMPORTANT NOTE: I also renamed the plugin.

You cannot simply replace the old version with this new one.  This sucks for everyone who already installed it, but it's better to do this now than wait until the mod is more widespread.  If you didn't get very far in your game after installation, I suggest rolling back to a previous save and installing the new version.  If you don't want to do that, no big deal, there are no new features currently.  You may continue to use the originally named version.  However I do not recommend installing the renamed version atop a save that had the old version.

PS: if this newest mod name is somehow taken, I'm renaming it to "Big Crazy Dorito's Inappropriate Perks For Happy Degenerates".

????

Oh one more thing I found:

RegisterForCustomEvent(fpa_script, "OnOrgasm")

which implies that not just any version of the FPA will work. You might want to specify that in the requirements (for instance, I don't have the latest version installed and so my FPA doesn't have this event). Alternatively you can check the mod version (I believe it's FPA:FPA_Helper.modVersion) and disable features or just give a warning. Though honestly, I wouldn't expect you to go into such a hassle - just a small update of the requirements is more than fair.

24 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

While I have not even begun to look into this option, that sounds like a reasonable request.  I would definitely add an MCM chance slider to teleport to adjust the odds at minimum.  A formlist of destinations is no problem.  Hell, I could even add a lockout global for any mod to set (not appearing in MCM) if you need to block teleportation.

Yep, formlist for destinations (since other mods can extend these in a very lightweight manner purely through Papyrus) and a global toggle to block all teleporting would be ideal for integration purposes. Also you could maybe check whether fast travel is blocked from the player's current location as a signal that teleporting them out of it would be detrimental (especially since it could break some vanilla quests too, not just mods).

But of course, that's if you decide to add it at all. This mod is already a wealth of new gameplay mechanics as it stands now. Thanks for sharing it with us!

21 minutes ago, Operand said:

Oh one more thing I found:

RegisterForCustomEvent(fpa_script, "OnOrgasm")

which implies that not just any version of the FPA will work. You might want to specify that in the requirements (for instance, I don't have the latest version installed and so my FPA doesn't have this event). Alternatively you can check the mod version (I believe it's FPA:FPA_Helper.modVersion) and disable features or just give a warning. Though honestly, I wouldn't expect you to go into such a hassle - just a small update of the requirements is more than fair.

Ah yes, I usually don't specify version numbers without a good reason, even though I probably should.  It's hard to do that sort of deep dive for every mod (i.e. figuring out precisely which version of a mod added a feature I use).  What I can do rather easily, though, is list the version numbers I used at the time of mod creation.

18 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Also you could maybe check whether fast travel is blocked from the player's current location as a signal that teleporting them out of it would be detrimental (especially since it could break some vanilla quests too, not just mods).

That's a good consideration too (and one I didn't know could be checked).  I'd rather think about these things up front, even though I'm not ready to add major new features in the immediate future.  :-)

@spicydoritos, Ok I changed to the newly named version :) and I'm trying something just to let you know, I'll also let you know if it works. I used the Debug from the first version to remove all the stuff I had on my character. Saved and removed the "old" version. Went back in the game and played for a while. Saved and exited and enabled the new version. Went back in game and reset all the settings and added the perks I wanted. Now this may or may not work but I'm willing to give it a shot to see if it will. It's usually a really bad idea to remove scripted mods mid game but I have a feeling this will work out ok as I doubt you changed the script names and all. One reason I believe this is because I added the newly named mod after the old one in MO2 and enabled it to see if I would get an  overwrite flag and bang it did.

1- Carnal Compulsion rolls odds every time you change location.  If the roll fails, it increases the odds by your MCM setting for next time.  If the roll succeeds, it pulls every NPC that conforms to your MCM partner settings (race, gender, companion, hostile, scan range).  Then it chooses one at random.  I double checked- it does not choose the nearest matching NPC.  So it could be a fluke.  Could be a bad random roll.  Could be PVPK couldn't find any other valid NPCs based on your settings.  Let me know if it continues to happen.

2- SoW Motivated (the buff immediately after companion sex) is set to 36 minutes real time.  Unsatisfied (not buffed, but not on strike) is set to 72 minutes.  Carnal Compulsion sex should count for SoW as long as the sex with Ivy was consensual from her perspective (either non-aggressive, or she was "top").  I have noticed sometimes that location changes reset a companion and clear their magic effects, which would result in SoW updating to the next condition in line.  I've been pondering how to fix it but nothing concrete yet.

Hey, nothing to worry about - it's working properly! I played about an hour and as far as I can tell it picked the same actor (Ivy) twice in a row because it's random (bad random roll, like you said). I walked around DC, Goodneighbor and a few of my settlements to test out all the perks I added and I'm happy to report that all of this Just Works!(tm)

Regarding SoW... Yeah, I kinda figured it out. Sometimes upon changing location it'd reset companion, just like you said. It isn't a huge deal though (more actions with companions!).

Nonetheless, I'm sure you'll eventually figure out how to fix it (though again, not a huge deal)! Maybe it's vanilla game bug? I know that sometimes during combat my companions would get blood textures on them and then those textures wouldn't disappear no matter what. The only fixes I found for this are either a) Save & Reload or b) Fast travel anywhere (though even fast travel wouldn't reset them, for some reason or another). Save and Reload (almost) always works; but sometimes (rarely) I'd have to restart the whole game.

Whatever the case, thank you for replying! Keep up the great work and take care! Looking forward to the future releases!

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it!

I'm away from my computer so I can't check now, but were you able to accomplish Sex Attributes customizations without creating patches for it?

While I'm not against others creating patches, doing so would add complexity for you. Any time I update the mod, you would need to update yours to make it work with it, adding undue burden. If you did create patches, we can discuss possibly adding public APIs to Sex Attributes to accomplish the things this mod needs.

Anyhow, congrats on the mod and thanks for making FO4 better!

5 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it!

I'm away from my computer so I can't check now, but were you able to accomplish Sex Attributes customizations without creating patches for it?

While I'm not against others creating patches, doing so would add complexity for you. Any time I update the mod, you would need to update yours to make it work with it, adding undue burden. If you did create patches, we can discuss possibly adding public APIs to Sex Attributes to accomplish the things this mod needs.

Anyhow, congrats on the mod and thanks for making FO4 better!

No I was able to accomplish all the integration without patching any part of SA.  I did call a couple of script functions that aren't technically part of the API.  It's a risk, I know, but they didn't seem like the kind of functions you'd change dramatically (e.g. "SetNextSexNoTrauma" and "AddTrauma").

And thanks!  I can't imagine how I would've kept so many perks interesting without all the adult variables available via SA.

28 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

No I was able to accomplish all the integration without patching any part of SA.  I did call a couple of script functions that aren't technically part of the API.  It's a risk, I know, but they didn't seem like the kind of functions you'd change dramatically (e.g. "SetNextSexNoTrauma" and "AddTrauma").

And thanks!  I can't imagine how I would've kept so many perks interesting without all the adult variables available via SA.

Nice!

The SetNextSexNoTrauma is actually supposed to be a public API, if I forgot to mention it as such. I use it in Sex Harassment. 

As for AddTrauma, it currently isn't but since there's a use case for it I can make it so.

1 hour ago, twistedtrebla said:

Nice!

The SetNextSexNoTrauma is actually supposed to be a public API, if I forgot to mention it as such. I use it in Sex Harassment. 

As for AddTrauma, it currently isn't but since there's a use case for it I can make it so.

Huh, you're right, I see SetNextSexNoTrauma listed.  I'd swear I used more than one.

Edited to add: Oh duh, I discussed it only a handful of posts up: the OnOrgasm event.  It's not listed with the rest of the API functions but perhaps that's just a documentation oversight.

Edited by spicydoritos
11 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

PS: if this newest mod name is somehow taken, I'm renaming it to "Big Crazy Dorito's Inappropriate Perks For Happy Degenerates".

LOL! I kind of like that better.

Anyway, great mod. Relatively simple, infinitely replayable, and elegant. You and trebla are kind of the kings of dynamic background mods for FO4 right now, and this one is no exception. :classic_smile:

Also, it's Todd Howard approved, since it does indeed, "Just work." (No bugs found anywhere. :classic_wink:)

This mod IS fun. I have to say :)

Works without a problems (using Indarello's patch)

One question - is it possible to increase the number of the actors in a scene in a proper way?

I edited the config, and set the slider to 'up to 9' persons for a group sex (not including player controlled character)

But there is a problem, sometimes the mod rolls 6, and there are no animations for 6. there is a gap between 1,2,3,4,5 and 7,8,9,10  (I believe the Savage Cabbages pack, but can't recall now without checking)

So when the mod is trying to select 6 - it produces an error, and skips the animation. Otherwise it works just fine.

Hence my question - is it possible somehow to forbid the mod selecting of 6 (5+player) NPCs for the animation, but keeping 7-10? 

But again if one uses this mod 'as is' without manual editing  - it works like a charm.  And fun as hell :))))