Any modder more competent than me willing to take on updating SOS AE?

13 hours ago, FrancisThaPotato said:

Only problem I have is that the loincloth is still present

If you can start the game just fine and SOS is not complaining in any way, it is possible, that the schlongs don't get distributed properly. You could try to restart SOS in its MCM and/or manually schlongify a NPC or yourself to see if it works. 

also

If you are using SOS Uncloaked, let it be said that the format of the SPID file is incompatible with newer versions of SPID. You'll need to let the SPID Formatter do it's magic to get old mods that depend on it working again. It can be found on the SPID Modpage on Nexus

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36869

Edited by bigumi
On 11/17/2022 at 1:40 AM, bigumi said:

For those that are interested, I got a GOG version running.

just install the zip with Vortex or MO2 and let it overwrite the original SOS.

Edit: now virustotal checked and free of false virus positives.

SOS DLL GOG 1_6_659.zip 239.97 kB · 69 downloads

Can confirm that it works with Skyrim AE GOG v1.6.659 and SKSE64 v2.02.03. I installed it over Schlongs of Skyrim SE v1.1.4 (so basically overwrote the old DLL with this one) and started a new game. I'm using MO2.

Neat work, Sir! Thanks for sharing. But why is this DLL so buried somewhere in a thread?

5 hours ago, redbird247 said:

I have SKSE 2.2.3 installed and then install SoS SE 1.1.4 followed by the AE GOG 1.6.659 but I keep getting an error message that it isn't compatible that asks me if I want to launch the game anyway and if I do it them tells me the .DLL is either missing or too old.

Make sure that it overrides the original DLL. (Load it after SOS in Vortex or make sure the mod entry is somewhere beneath SOS in MO2)

you could also try to manually replace the DLL to rule out the possibility that your modloader has something to do with it.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:40 PM, bigumi said:

may I inquire, what kind of error you are experiencing.

If it is about virus flagging, Virustotal.com is happy, so there should be no problem and thus I would have no idea what causes those issues.(https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6db0426bb33ba7bd1e570062e1a572bc6811d68deb151a9f35d60e2a7e1d6f12?nocache=1)

If it is about version. My file is for the 1.6.659 GOG version whereas Onen's is for the 1.6.640 Steam version.

If it is anything else, just explain what exactly you are experiencing, so Onen, I (depending on which DLL you downloaded) or others for that matter might be able to help you.

It just says that the DLL is old i tried to load this mod after the sos se but it still says the same thing i downloaded the 1.0.3 version 

2 hours ago, Drixon_7 said:

It just says that the DLL is old i tried to load this mod after the sos se but it still says the same thing i downloaded the 1.0.3 version 

I just assume you downloaded onen's steam version, as this would be the right one for you.

I'll give you the same advice as redbird247 right above your post.

Make sure that the dll overrides the original SOS (the latest version). (as the original and the replacement DLL have different file sizes it would be easy to check which one is loaded)

Also try to manually replace the dll and see if that works to rule out the modloader as the Troublemaker. (just drop it in with file explorer on Vortex (gets undone with next deployment) / don't know how on MO2)

On 12/11/2022 at 4:42 PM, bigumi said:

I just assume you downloaded onen's steam version, as this would be the right one for you.

I'll give you the same advice as redbird247 right above your post.

Make sure that the dll overrides the original SOS (the latest version). (as the original and the replacement DLL have different file sizes it would be easy to check which one is loaded)

Also try to manually replace the dll and see if that works to rule out the modloader as the Troublemaker. (just drop it in with file explorer on Vortex (gets undone with next deployment) / don't know how on MO2)

Still doesnt work says the dll is old ...

So at this point, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I have the AE version of Skyrim, and I downloaded SOS from the AE page, but the mods in the image can't find the Schlongs masters required to run.  I downloaded the SE Schlongs and I just get the error message that my version is old and the -1 error and all that... which just freezes up my game if I click ok.

I tried using both SE and AE to change the DLL's and I'm either missing the masters, or I'm getting an error about SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll: disabled, incompatible with the current game, and how it recommends I exit the game instead of continuing.

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, am I supposed to go into the zips and swap out files and stuff, or is there something I'm doing wrong on Vortex's end...?

image.png

Edited by ImgSrc
10 hours ago, bigumi said:

does the message pop up when you start the game (SKSE Message), or when you start a game session with a new game or from a existing save  (SOS internal message)?

right when i want to start it  through skse 64 it says that the dll is too old and that it is disabled even though i overwriten it and tried it manuallly still the same result 

4 hours ago, Drixon_7 said:

right when i want to start it  through skse 64 it says that the dll is too old and that it is disabled even though i overwriten it and tried it manuallly still the same result 

very weird.

At this point I am somewhat flustered.

The only two things I can think of are

ONE: you downloaded my GOG file instead of Onen's Steam file. (Unlikely / Solution would be obvious)

TWO: There is a SKSE version mismatch. Maybe you still have SKSE 2.2.2. Judging by the time Onen published their DLL, it should be

compiled with SKSE 2.2.3 which, albeit unlikely, could possibly explain that behaviour. If so, go to https://skse.silverlock.org and download the Current Anniversary Edition build 2.2.3 to update the SKSE version.

At last. to curb any and all possibilities the the dll is not loaded correctly. Take the original SOS SE Mod zip file. Unpack it. Delete the old dll and replace it with onen's. Repack the Mod (watch out for correct folder structure). Install it normally via your modloader.

Hope it works.

13 hours ago, ImgSrc said:

So at this point, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I have the AE version of Skyrim, and I downloaded SOS from the AE page, but the mods in the image can't find the Schlongs masters required to run.  I downloaded the SE Schlongs and I just get the error message that my version is old and the -1 error and all that... which just freezes up my game if I click ok.

I tried using both SE and AE to change the DLL's and I'm either missing the masters, or I'm getting an error about SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll: disabled, incompatible with the current game, and how it recommends I exit the game instead of continuing.

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong, am I supposed to go into the zips and swap out files and stuff, or is there something I'm doing wrong on Vortex's end...?

image.png

Don't download the file from the SOS AE Mod page. That DLL is for a outdated version of skyrim and only works for version 1.6.353.

Download SOS from Here

Then If you have Skyrim on Steam, download the file from this comment

Otherwise , if you have skyrim on GOG download from this comment

Install the files you have downloaded in Vortex and load the file downloaded from one of the comments after the original SOS.

I'm losing my mind here, I've tried everything listed here in this thread and I'm still getting an internal SOS error of having version -1 when loading a new game. Using the SE version along with the updated .dll from the comments loaded after it in MO2

4 hours ago, bigumi said:

Don't download the file from the SOS AE Mod page. That DLL is for a outdated version of skyrim and only works for version 1.6.353.

Download SOS from Here

Install the files you have downloaded in Vortex and load the file downloaded from one of the comments after the original SOS.

image.png.2e0caf2d6fac02b275b45c7efe49b8d9.png
Still getting this error when I have the SE version of Schlongs of Skyrim, followed by loading in a new game and getting the SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll not found, or the installed version is too old.

Found -1, expected 300004.
Please exit the game and reinstall SOS

1 hour ago, ImgSrc said:

image.png.2e0caf2d6fac02b275b45c7efe49b8d9.png
Still getting this error when I have the SE version of Schlongs of Skyrim, followed by loading in a new game and getting the SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll not found, or the installed version is too old.

Found -1, expected 300004.
Please exit the game and reinstall SOS

That means that the dll is incompatible with SKSE. which also ensues the dll not being loaded when you continue and open up the game. SOS will search for the dll and since it cant find it it will give you the version number -1 which is equal to dll not found in that case.

Please be advised that the following only takes the newest Skyrim versions into account. (Steam 1.6.640 or GOG 1.6.659)

If you only installed SOS only from the main modpage without the updated dlls, the described behaviour makes sense, as it is for skyrim 1.5.97 which is the version before the AE release.

You will still need the files in the comments that i linked, which contain updated Dlls. (they are only that. just dll files. the main mod is not included, hence the need for both the original SOS and the updated dlls).

They are also hosted on this Thread.

The file for the Skyrim Steam version 1.6.640 is posted on the first page by onen.

The file for the Skyrim GOG version 1.6.659 is posted on the second page by me.

Download the one suitable for you and just install them normally via Vortex.

Vortex then will tell you that there are mod conflicts.

Resolve them by loading the downloaded DLL file after SOS. (aka overriding it)

Otherwise check your skse version. it should be 2.2.3

If not, update your SKSE

(The versions for Steam and GOG are two distinct files, don't mix them up)

to check if everything is done correctly, search for the DLL in vortex. onens is called "SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640_v2.zip" whereas mine is called "SOS DLL GOG 1_6_659.zip"

image.png.1e22a58916d9f42c4c4292d98773eb00.png

after a rightclick on the entry of the dll, select Manage File Conflicts

A window should pop up with one file being displayedimage.png.2f16556237f27971af36eb241e1873e4.png

if done correctly the mod with the updated dll should be shown in the orange box on the side

19 hours ago, bigumi said:

very weird.

At this point I am somewhat flustered.

The only two things I can think of are

ONE: you downloaded my GOG file instead of Onen's Steam file. (Unlikely / Solution would be obvious)

TWO: There is a SKSE version mismatch. Maybe you still have SKSE 2.2.2. Judging by the time Onen published their DLL, it should be

compiled with SKSE 2.2.3 which, albeit unlikely, could possibly explain that behaviour. If so, go to https://skse.silverlock.org and download the Current Anniversary Edition build 2.2.3 to update the SKSE version.

At last. to curb any and all possibilities the the dll is not loaded correctly. Take the original SOS SE Mod zip file. Unpack it. Delete the old dll and replace it with onen's. Repack the Mod (watch out for correct folder structure). Install it normally via your modloader.

Hope it works.

Still doesnt work i guess i have to wait for a new update ... 

On 10/30/2022 at 5:16 PM, onen said:

I converted the source code from 1_5_97 on the SoS mod page to AE 1_6_640.

It loaded successfully for me, created a male character and got in game with all his bit there.  I play female characters so that is as far as i tested it.  So you can give it a try if you want until chuckseven1 does his magic.

I had to make 3 changes to get it working.

1) Added the skse64 AE change that uses __declspec(dllexport) SKSEPluginVersionData SKSEPlugin_Version =

and I removed bool SKSEPlugin_Query(... since i saw other mod examples of working dll's which didn't have it anymore.   see skse64/PluginAPI.h

2) removed the skse64 projects from the SoS solution..why oh why do people do it this way.  download skse64, compile it(as a static lib), point your mod vc++ directories to those compiled libraries.  That seems to me the easier way to do it.

3) removed the line RelocAddr <_LookupFormByID> LookupFormByID(0x00194230); from Storage.cpp and added #include "skse64/GameForms.h" at the top of the file since skse64 has that line with the correct number in that header.

enjoy

Edit: So after a deep dive into programming forums about virus false positives, some got ride of it by changing compiler options.  So with some experimenting and using virustotal I made a build that passes its virus checks.

The change is i optimized the build for speed.  My original upload was optimized for size, hence v2 dll is a little bigger in size.

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640_v2.zip 234.34 kB · 3,870 downloads

Thank you for your effort!

On 12/14/2022 at 6:36 AM, Drixon_7 said:

Still doesnt work i guess i have to wait for a new update ...

Try using windows and do a SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll search of the directory all your mods are in to see all the copies of the dll you have.  I would guess you have an older version farther down in your load order somewhere which skse is trying to use.

Also tell what your Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE/skse64.log line says for SoS.  It should look something like

plugin SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll (00000001 SchlongsOfSkyrim 000493E4) loaded correctly

but obviously for you would say failed to load.

59 minutes ago, onen said:

Try using windows and do a SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll search of the directory all your mods are in to see all the copies of the dll you have.  I would guess you have an older version farther down in your load order somewhere which skse is trying to use.

Also tell what your Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE/skse64.log line says for SoS.  It should look something like

plugin SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll (00000001 SchlongsOfSkyrim 000493E4) loaded correctly

but obviously for you would say failed to load.

So I checked my logs and all, because I'm having the issue of SoS outright not appearing in my MCM, and my character's crotch is just a see-through void. I made a new character, I redownloaded SoS, applied your patch in MO2 after SoS, and checked the skse64.log and it reads as your post does. On paper everything should work, but the MCM doesn't show, and males have crotch voids. Is there anything you can think of that would cause this?

49 minutes ago, toasty56 said:

Is there anything you can think of that would cause this?

a few things come to mind.

The only time I've had MCM's not show or disappear is having more than 125 MCM's.  That's the SkyUI limit.  I use SkyUI Resort so I can go over that limit.

Before starting a new game i run LOOT, bodyslide, FNIS, Wrye Bash.  Lots of info on those elsewhere so I won't go into any details here.

The last thing to try is a minimal load order, only have essential mods and test if you still get the same behavior.  I keep a MO2 profile with around 80 mods when i need to test something.

46 minutes ago, onen said:

a few things come to mind.

The only time I've had MCM's not show or disappear is having more than 125 MCM's.  That's the SkyUI limit.  I use SkyUI Resort so I can go over that limit.

Before starting a new game i run LOOT, bodyslide, FNIS, Wrye Bash.  Lots of info on those elsewhere so I won't go into any details here.

The last thing to try is a minimal load order, only have essential mods and test if you still get the same behavior.  I keep a MO2 profile with around 80 mods when i need to test something.

False alarm. It turns out I'm an idiot and deactivated the .esp's at some point. Thank you for responding and all though, the help was appreciated.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:16 AM, onen said:

I converted the source code from 1_5_97 on the SoS mod page to AE 1_6_640.

It loaded successfully for me, created a male character and got in game with all his bit there.  I play female characters so that is as far as i tested it.  So you can give it a try if you want until chuckseven1 does his magic.

I had to make 3 changes to get it working.

1) Added the skse64 AE change that uses __declspec(dllexport) SKSEPluginVersionData SKSEPlugin_Version =

and I removed bool SKSEPlugin_Query(... since i saw other mod examples of working dll's which didn't have it anymore.   see skse64/PluginAPI.h

2) removed the skse64 projects from the SoS solution..why oh why do people do it this way.  download skse64, compile it(as a static lib), point your mod vc++ directories to those compiled libraries.  That seems to me the easier way to do it.

3) removed the line RelocAddr <_LookupFormByID> LookupFormByID(0x00194230); from Storage.cpp and added #include "skse64/GameForms.h" at the top of the file since skse64 has that line with the correct number in that header.

enjoy

Edit: So after a deep dive into programming forums about virus false positives, some got ride of it by changing compiler options.  So with some experimenting and using virustotal I made a build that passes its virus checks.

The change is i optimized the build for speed.  My original upload was optimized for size, hence v2 dll is a little bigger in size.

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640_v2.zip 234.34 kB · 4,246 downloads

you sir, are a godsend. been trying to get this one stupid mod working all night, only to find your post that solves all my problems. Thank you!

On 12/13/2022 at 2:50 PM, bigumi said:

Download SOS from Here

Thank you. :) it's working