Backporting meshes from Skyrim SE/AE or LE to Oblivion

2 hours ago, Nepro said:

I used this https://github.com/niftools/nifskope/releases

nifskope to export obj but it fails at the task. The file exported size is 0kb and when I import it Blender it generates bunch of errors. Then I go use the X-Blender_2.49b_rev8 intended for the Oblivion meshes. It loads empty file with no mesh displayed or sometimes gives python error.

I Use Blender 2.91

As far as I remember, there are two versions of scripts for it

nif.jpg

It seems that one copes well with meshes, the other not very well, but I was able to export some models (to Skyrim back) only with this.

Blender 2.49b (his script) sometimes breaks normals or smoothing groups when importing, or I did something wrong...

Naturally, the clothes will need to be thrown off from scratch, here is the body for the skin (it is whole, but without arms and legs - Skyrim format witj T pose Obl skin)..

sssT H.nif

Sky pose

sssT H SKY pose.nif

=================================

Good source skin wrap for dresses -(Here is a good front weight for the inner thighs - when the actor sits on a chair - this part breaks well)

HolidayDress.nif

Result - Osare OnePiece - UNP and UNPB

1928808-1662739892.jpg

17082-2-1337219870.jpg

Edited by TDA

@TDA I managed to download blender-2.91.0-windows64. Can you provide me with a link for the nif addons you use? I only managed to install Import-Export NetImmerse/Gamebryo format support version 0.0.14 not 0.0.13 like the one you have. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/52319?tab=files

Here is the newer version for other NIF addon but it doesn't work with blender 2.9.1.0 at all.

4 hours ago, Nepro said:

@TDA I managed to download blender-2.91.0-windows64. Can you provide me with a link for the nif addons you use? I only managed to install Import-Export NetImmerse/Gamebryo format support version 0.0.14 not 0.0.13 like the one you have. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/52319?tab=files

Here is the newer version for other NIF addon but it doesn't work with blender 2.9.1.0 at all.

I have just tested the fly-script (impirt mesh) in version 3.1 - it works the same as in 2.91 (by simply copying the scripts to

C:\Users\333\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons

io_scene_nifly.zipio_scene_niftools.zip

The second script is needed to export to Oblivion, but I use 3dsmax for this)

1. Import with help. fly script sky format 2.Editing 3. Export to 3dsMax Sky format 4. Export Oblivion. format from max

Edited by TDA
  • 1 month later...

Okay, So I did manage to port the furry Draugr from the YaS to oblivion and got it to "work"
You notice that I put quotation mark on the word "work" and knew there is something wrong with it, and you are correct
It's the hands... everything else work properly
Here's the progress:
first one is the template (aka the Draugr converted to oblivion by someone else)
Second one is the one I am Trying to convert
Third one was something I did to the second one: export to OBJ, import to https://www.mixamo.com/ , and export to DAE
Fourth one is the .nif port from the third one
Fifth one is what I tried to use BUT the pose keeps resetting to the original of the first one
Can someone here help me fix this problem? 

draugr.nif draugrmale.nif untitled.dae Cuirass M full.nif draugrmodskel.nif

• 2 weeks later...

@Nepro

Nifskope 2.0 when you export a clothing piece from a nif file it exports EVERYTHING including the body or it did back when I was using it. For me that always caused me problems and blender didn't like it one bit. When using 2.0 you have to delete everything but the piece you want to export and then export it after that reload the nif and repeat the deleting down to one item and then exporting till you have exported everything.

Then you can load each .OBJ file into blender. I only used 2.0 when I had to and always used 1.1.3 for everything else as you can pick each item and export them without it exporting everything that's in the nif.

Another way you could try exporting is by loading a file into outfit studios and then exporting each item out in .OBJ format that way instead. One of the nice things about doing it this way is that mesh files exported out of outfit studios will retain their original size so that if you wanted to edit a outfit piece you can and and then just port it back in without having to resize the item and the only thing you have to do is add the weight painting back

You might also want to use Gerra6's pose converter for any skyrim outfit that has clothing like shirts and pants so that they can get converted from the skyrim pose to the oblivion T pose before you start exporting the outfit pieces out to make it easier to fit to the oblivion body.