Awesomemod : is it useful at work ?

Now I have AwesomeMod , but I still have this unsettling feeling .
Have you ever played with him? Can you share your experience?

I'm sure it slows down my game, and a couple of times, there was a small accident in my family ... but hanging is much more scary., especially when you turn off the computer in an emergency.

I cleaned and scanned my " mod “ folder for conflicts , and I don 't have any buggy or duplicate files , but just today the game went crazy and I turned off my computer .

Edited by Quickly - I
30 minutes ago, landess said:

I NEVER close the Sims 3 using any game menu.

I open task manager and kill it right after a save when I quit playing.

I don't use AwesomeMod but I've started using the task manager to kill the game process recently because for some reason half the time it hangs when I try to exit normally. Not sure what it's trying to do in the background but I don't have the patience to wait for it to finish.

I think I 'd better not take any chances . Especially to risk the life of the computer .  I 'll probably do this : delete Awesomemod , and some mod and objects .  After all , I have two very heavy games on my computer ( s3, s4 ) .  Thank you for visiting my topic.

Awesomemod is still very unclear to me .  I was hoping that it was an alternative to the XCAS core mod , as I thought that it would give the opportunity to increase the sliders and in character creation mode the opportunity to choose " nude clothes " .

Awesomemod and XCAS core mod - I didn 't use it together , if anything .  I know that this is a kind of " core of the game " .. something like that.

Edited by Quickly - I
15 minutes ago, Quickly - I said:

Awesomemod is still very unclear to me .  I was hoping that it was an alternative to the XCAS core mod , as I thought that it would give the opportunity to increase the sliders and in character creation mode the opportunity to choose " nude clothes " .

Awesomemod and XCAS core mod - I didn 't use it together , if anything .  I know that this is a kind of " core of the game " .. something like that.

I don't entirely remember what AwesomeMod does since I haven't used that in like 10 years or more. To increase the number of sliders you can use MasterController. For nude clothes, Nouveau Nudists from Cmar works.

7 minutes ago, Omicr0n said:

I don't entirely remember what AwesomeMod does since I haven't used that in like 10 years or more. To increase the number of sliders you can use MasterController. For nude clothes, Nouveau Nudists from Cmar works.

Awesomemod Itself is a global mod , but I 'm playing with OKW , which is also not small .  Thanks !  For me , every help and information is very necessary .  I myself have just started playing and delving into all the nuances .

….Tengo un MasterController, y parece que algo está pasando entre ellos …

Edited by Quickly - I
5 hours ago, Quickly - I said:

Awesomemod Itself is a global mod , but I 'm playing with OKW

As far as I know, Awesome is a core mod. OKW is a core mod too. So they WILL collide because at some points both change the original game engine for the same game mechanics. Better not to have both in the mod folder. On the other hand, I am even not sure if awesome is updated for the game patch 1.67 and above......

Coreful is also a core mod but touches other functions as OKW. So, this should be ok, at least in my game.

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

As far as I know, Awesome is a core mod. OKW is a core mod too. So they WILL collide because at some points both change the original game engine for the same game mechanics. Better not to have both in the mod folder. On the other hand, I am even not sure if awesome is updated for the game patch 1.67 and above......

Coreful is also a core mod but touches other functions as OKW. So, this should be ok, at least in my game.

Thanks Clydie!
You answered my question and indeed yesterday I thought that Awesomemod is very massive , there is a lot of stuff in it .
I'll uninstall it for now and try to properly install the XCAS core mod - well, or keep my game and my computer safe.
Thanks again !

I installed the XCAS core mod but when I go in to get a tattoo it pops up this:

image.png.fdd0a2eb5fc0b150a1818ed06f3c7dab.pngimage.png.f722008833af58fc7aa766806f1d7484.png

+ I have cmar_GetNaked1.63 - I hope it doesn't conflict

All the guys, I translated this message, and I will say that I am a dumb asshole.
Conflict between NRaas and XCAS.
Now I will tell you why I arranged all this ... more precisely, what I needed:
1. XCAS gave me long eyelashes,
2. Nud debugging - thanks to her, I chose the female bottom (vagina), which I do not have by default.

1436784291_.png.3522c58cfa648c3ed0a9161839d1a8e6.png381965145_5.png.9bd3817fa032852a26fd623922c30ed1.png

Well, then I'll delete the XCAS core ... and I'll calm down

Edited by Quickly - I
1 hour ago, Quickly - I said:

XCAS core

there are different versions of this. Would recommend to read about in the PDF what comes with the passion mod.

May be here you will find your solution. it is also valid for OKW. I have all CD installed with patch 1.67 and I use cmar_XCAS_corefull67.

But this mod could be problematic anyway, at least in my game. Sometimes the game crash if I select the nude tab.......

I currently have cmar_XCAS_corefull69.43 - but I will try to get cmar_XCAS_corefull67 .
And I'll also check out the passion post ... I'm really afraid to download files that will kill my OKW.
Since Passions and OKW are not compatible

46 minutes ago, Quickly - I said:

I currently have cmar_XCAS_corefull69.43 - but I will try to get cmar_XCAS_corefull67 .
And I'll also check out the passion post ... I'm really afraid to download files that will kill my OKW.
Since Passions and OKW are not compatible

Has noting to do with Passion or OKW. The Cmar files work in both mods the same way.

cmar_XCAS_corefull67 is maybe hard to find but it is in the passion ZIP from Twilightstorm, I think !

Now I'm logged into CAS and the message didn't pop up - that's good, but I'm still afraid to go into CAS when I'm editing a man or a teenager.

*Error files still appear in The Sims 3 folder ( ScriptError_MININT-QVLFTUU__09-08-2022__17-36-42__3F598C5B )

Edited by Quickly - I

I also noticed that Awesomemod did not allow my characters to fulfill their life desires as they should.
On the "life goal" panel, when executed, it was painted gray - but remained gold.

image.png.f17251d15ee1d5fb94862165c5a7263d.png

I need to start a clean game, in a clean new city, because after removing Awesomemod, almost all of my families, with whom I played and added traits from Awesomemod, were removed.

Edited by Quickly - I
2 hours ago, Quickly - I said:

1. XCAS gave me long eyelashes,
2. Nud debugging - thanks to her, I chose the female bottom (vagina), which I do not have by default.

Pretty sure you can edit the naked outfit with just MasterController alone. Occasionally I have to edit it in my game because the bottom is sometimes invisible, so I just use MasterController to open the sim in CAS while they're in the shower or skinny dipping and fix it by applying the nude outfit bottom and saving the outfit. I'm not entirely sure what XCAS has to do with eyelashes as I've never used it, but if you're looking for some then S-Club (and others) have made 3D ones that can be applied as either an eyeliner or an accessory, with sliders to adjust them to the eye shape:

Eyelash Mesh: Male, Female

Eyelashes

Sliders

EA Eyelash Remover

The big downside to using those eyelashes though is they have to be manually applied to sims, or they'll just have no eyelashes. I personally only bother applying them to sims I'll likely be interacting with, as I tend to give them a bit of a makeover anyway.

Edited by Omicr0n

you know, I'll delete the whole cmar_XCAS .
Because he's not really friends with NRaas.
NRaas has a Core mod too.
Tomorrow I will play without cmar_XCAS which generates a bug report.
If the tattoo of the nipples fails, then I will also remove it.
And also, sometimes the game crashes for me but not completely on the desktop.