Awesomemod : is it useful at work ?

1 hour ago, Quickly - I said:

you know, I'll delete the whole cmar_XCAS .
Because he's not really friends with NRaas.
NRaas has a Core mod too.

I think the only NRaas core mods are ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey. It says on the XCAS mod page that it's compatible with NRaas mods though. You can technically have multiple core mods installed as long as they're not modifying the same resources.

34 minutes ago, Omicr0n said:

I think the only NRaas core mods are ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey. It says on the XCAS mod page that it's compatible with NRaas mods though. You can technically have multiple core mods installed as long as they're not modifying the same resources.

I agree , in principle I can only leave the cmar _ tattoo location because of the pattern on the nipples .  I 'll look at it tomorrow .  Anyway , as soon as I start the game , it starts to collapse to the desktop .

Just for info : Awesome mod and Master contoller are not compatible.

I use master controller , kinky world and also XCAS 69.43 and any problem for me ^^

Some module of master controller are usefull , like Error Trap , he give a false info about sims blocked and reset sims directly ( usefull and not necessary ) , it's Oniki kay said me one day on her Patreon account  there long time ago lol

I trust her because she is a better modder than Twallan  lol ,anyway Master controller is very important for the sims 3 and totaly necessary ^^

Also , i start my game with TS3W.exe , not with the icone or launcher ^^

Edited by Angelus75

A couple of things I notice. You say you deleted the mod but then the game crashes on start. Did you also clear out all the caches? When the game loads, it gathers up all the mods that it finds and creates cache files of them. If you add a new mod, the game will find it and will add it to the cache. However, if you delete mods, the game will not update the cache. You have to manually remove the caches. I make it a practice to clear out all the caches every time I restart the game.

https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

Second, on XCAS. I had problems with XCAS full installed, where it would sometimes crash the game. I ended up removing it. NRaas Master Controller has an add-on that implements most of the extra tattoo locations, called Master Controller Expanded Tattoo. It does not have the tattoos on nipples or on the genitals, but it adds most of the other locations that XCAS adds.

As was mentioned, it is possible to edit the nude outfit with Master Controller but without XCAS. Simply get your sim to be nude, and then use Master Controller to go into the Stylist. When done this way, the only outfit that shows up is the nude outfit. It is a bit less convenient than XCAS, but it does not crash my game.

As for Error Trap, there is a tuning add-on that is on the KW downloads that you need to place along with the Error Trap mod. Just make sure you follow all the steps mentioned in the first post about configuring Error Trap and Overwatch (if you use that).

Also, most of the time that Overwatch reports a sim as being stuck, it is because they really are doing something else. Sometimes, they really are stuck though. I leave the notifications for stuck sims turned on. If I notice the same sim is reported several times, I go check them out and reset them if needed.

1 hour ago, FreakyRufus said:

A couple of things I notice. You say you deleted the mod but then the game crashes on start. Did you also clear out all the caches? When the game loads, it gathers up all the mods that it finds and creates cache files of them. If you add a new mod, the game will find it and will add it to the cache. However, if you delete mods, the game will not update the cache. You have to manually remove the caches. I make it a practice to clear out all the caches every time I restart the game.

https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

Second, on XCAS. I had problems with XCAS full installed, where it would sometimes crash the game. I ended up removing it. NRaas Master Controller has an add-on that implements most of the extra tattoo locations, called Master Controller Expanded Tattoo. It does not have the tattoos on nipples or on the genitals, but it adds most of the other locations that XCAS adds.

As was mentioned, it is possible to edit the nude outfit with Master Controller but without XCAS. Simply get your sim to be nude, and then use Master Controller to go into the Stylist. When done this way, the only outfit that shows up is the nude outfit. It is a bit less convenient than XCAS, but it does not crash my game.

As for Error Trap, there is a tuning add-on that is on the KW downloads that you need to place along with the Error Trap mod. Just make sure you follow all the steps mentioned in the first post about configuring Error Trap and Overwatch (if you use that).

Also, most of the time that Overwatch reports a sim as being stuck, it is because they really are doing something else. Sometimes, they really are stuck though. I leave the notifications for stuck sims turned on. If I notice the same sim is reported several times, I go check them out and reset them if needed.

FreakyRufus thanks very much needed information!
It seems that now the game does not turn to the desktop, and I always clean the game cache files.

In the FeaturedItems folder, I deleted all the Store images, and made sure they don't reappear in my folder.

Here is a script that I use, for Windows systems. I run it before I launch the game. Put it into your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder.

It cleans up all the recommended caches, and also changes the permissions on the FeaturedItems folder, so that the game cannot download the in-game store ads.

cclear.bat

As for quitting the game, I often use the task manager to kill it when it hangs on exit, and I just read a comment by @landess where he said he never "quits" the game, but always uses task manager to kill it. Just make sure you save the game and that finishes first.

Also, you might want to use something like NRaas Saver to rotate through save games. In the distant past, the game had very frequent problems when saving to an existing save, and it was a common recommendation to always "Save As" and create a new save folder. Personally, I let Nraas Saver rotate through 4 saves, and I never let it overwrite and existing save. I either manually give it a new number when it asks if I want to overwrite, or I minimize the game and rename my saves so there are no conflicts. After I'm done playing for the day, I will clean up most of the extra saves created, but I always keep several older saves. This has let me recover several times when things have gotten corrupted, or when I decide that I really don't like a decision I made a day or a week ago, and I can go back to before that point.

3 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

Also, your user name cracks me up! ?

image.png.a1e28dde38e07b9482b46514d09ce2ef.png

I didn 't understand the joke at first , but now it seems that it has come to me .  

No, I didn't get the joke early... although... yes, my nickname is Quickly - I

Edited by Quickly - I
9 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

Here is a script that I use, for Windows systems. I run it before I launch the game. Put it into your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder.

It cleans up all the recommended caches, and also changes the permissions on the FeaturedItems folder, so that the game cannot download the in-game store ads.

Regul Save Cleaner has a function to clear the cache and log files as well, and you can configure which ones you want it to clear

9 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

Also, you might want to use something like NRaas Saver to rotate through save games.

I used to use Saver, but I eventually found it annoying. Now I just keep 8 save files (save - save7) that I rotate through. Each morning when my sim wakes up I Save As over the next save in the rotation.

Edited by Omicr0n
28 minutes ago, Omicr0n said:

I just keep 8 save files (save - save7) that I rotate through

I'm old school and just drag the mouse over the files I want gone.

The game launcher will only display the 100 oldest saves. So if like me, will move 'worthy' saves (usually the last 2 in a series) to an archive folder to keep room since many times after spending so much time in a save and decide to play a new household - I begin a new naming sequence and 'hide' the previously played somewhere safe. Using NRaas saver with the default 4 rotating, means only 20 save series at most can display. I never know when I want to break out an old save I haven't played in a year or more. Starting a new un-populated world is a chore and once 'done' I tend to let it sit for a few weeks before digging in.

Saver can annoy me when it's time and I'm in the middle of setting up a screenshot  :P 

9 minutes ago, landess said:

Saver can annoy me when it's time and I'm in the middle of setting up a screenshot  :P 

Yeah I found it to be too intrusive. I think it's better to just train the habit of remembering to save regularly/frequently, which is helpful in other games with stability issues as well like Elder Scrolls games.

I find that without Saver prompting me to make a new save, I will start doing something and will get super involved and forget about saving. For me, using saver is the good habit of regularly making saves.

You can configure the number of saves that it rotates through, 4 is only the default.

Also, I do have mine configured to rotate through 4 saves, but I never let it overwrite one of those. I use the prompt asking me if I want to overwrite the existing save as a reminder that I should take a break from the game for a bit, and get up, go get a drink, stretch my back and legs, etc. I use a script that renames the Saver saves with a timestamp. So, e.g., I have "weeds.sims3", "weeds1.sims3", "weeds2.sims3", etc. Then my script will take all of those and rename them with the timestamp with when they were created, renaming the most recent save as just plain "weeds.sims3".

image.png.1b4541fec611221bb2d23343f3e481c8.png

So, it sounds complicated, but thanks to my script, it isn't really. Then I clean up the old timestamped saves. Personally, I keep the first save of the day for one week, keep the first save of the week for one month, and the first save of the month forever. I don't usually end up staying with a game long enough to worry about needing to archive saves so I don't go past the 100 save limit.

12 minutes ago, FreakyRufus said:

I find that without Saver prompting me to make a new save, I will start doing something and will get super involved and forget about saving. For me, using saver is the good habit of regularly making saves.

You can configure the number of saves that it rotates through, 4 is only the default.

Also, I do have mine configured to rotate through 4 saves, but I never let it overwrite one of those. I use the prompt asking me if I want to overwrite the existing save as a reminder that I should take a break from the game for a bit, and get up, go get a drink, stretch my back and legs, etc. I use a script that renames the Saver saves with a timestamp. So, e.g., I have "weeds.sims3", "weeds1.sims3", "weeds2.sims3", etc. Then my script will take all of those and rename them with the timestamp with when they were created, renaming the most recent save as just plain "weeds.sims3".

image.png.1b4541fec611221bb2d23343f3e481c8.png

So, it sounds complicated, but thanks to my script, it isn't really. Then I clean up the old timestamped saves. Personally, I keep the first save of the day for one week, keep the first save of the week for one month, and the first save of the month forever. I don't usually end up staying with a game long enough to worry about needing to archive saves so I don't go past the 100 save limit.

FreakyRufus thanks, I'll take that into account