Cyberpunk 2077 Redmod announced

I just skimmed the legal jibber jabber and found nothing that prohibits adult content. The important rules are

- No commercial usage

- Make it clearly ‘unofficial’

- Don’t put it in other games/products

- Follow the legal rules

- Don’t hurt us or others -> That's the only one that possibly could be somewhat problematic as it prohibits 

[...] anything regarding our games that is racist, xenophobic, sexist, defamatory, illegal or offensive [...]

Now, WHAT counts as sexist or offensive isn't said though ... and those terms are interpreted widely here, IIRC ^^

Edited by Mister X
30 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Now, WHAT counts as sexist or offensive isn't said though ... and those terms are interpreted widely here,

It's there because it needs to be there. Just your regular legal copypasta. I'm sure Skyrim has something similar, yet we are where we are...

Edited by belegost

the question now is, is it worth modifying? cyberpunk, in my view and that of many, is a game that was hyped too much and brought little compared to the hype. The story is weak, it has so many bugs that it becomes a game content, the npcs are strange (visually and their routine game performance), enemies AI  are reasonable to low, the weapons are not interesting. So back to the question, is it worth modifying ? remembering that this is just an opinion.

Edited by Vampire Hunter
fix
1 hour ago, Vampire Hunter said:

the question now is, is it worth modifying? cyberpunk, in my view and that of many, is a game that was hyped too much and brought little compared to the hype. The story is weak, it has so many bugs that it becomes a game content, the npcs are strange (visually and their routine game performance), enemies AI  are reasonable to low, the weapons are not interesting. So back to the question, is it worth modifying ? remembering that this is just an opinion.

You can say literally the same thing about Skyrim though.

The story is not anything terribly impressive, it was a buggy mess at launch (still is in fact, with a lot of the same bugs that were present at launch, thank god for USSEP) and the combat is quite bland without mods. The AI comes at you one at a time even when they are in a large group.

It was free modding that made Skyrim amazing, and if CDProjekt is releasing dev tools for modding then Cyberpunk has potential to be truly amazing as well.

Edited by sila
4 hours ago, Vampire Hunter said:

No did not care the story.. I want to interaction with bds and more joytoys in japantown. Only just sex interaction with joytoys. 

Okay... didn't expect CD Project Red to actually do more than the bare minimum in terms of modding support. Glad I was wrong though, now to see what the community will do with it. Might end up buying Cyberpunk2077 if the mod scene offers good variety content to add some replay value to the game (even though I haven't played it yet).

Going to keep an eye on the modding scene for the next months+
I wonder how stable Cyberpunk2077 is, would it allow for multiple mods... ? Guess time will tell.

Edited by Straze
2 hours ago, Skyrim4Waifu said:

They release the REDMOD tool already

It's a commandline toolset to extract an re-pack a bunch of assets.

Something WolvenKit was alredy able to do like a year ago.

The "big thing" about REDmod is that it is an official tool, thats pretty much it.

It's just like with the game itself, if you get hyped about it, you'll be disappointed.

9 hours ago, Vader666 said:

It's a commandline toolset to extract an re-pack a bunch of assets.

Something WolvenKit was alredy able to do like a year ago.

The "big thing" about REDmod is that it is an official tool, thats pretty much it.

It's just like with the game itself, if you get hyped about it, you'll be disappointed.

That's it? That is pretty disappointing then. But maybe it is just the first step of them releasing more tools. I remember long ago they were saying they planned to support modding community but that very well could have been dropped considering the reception.

Anyway I see there was just a large update for the game, maybe I will check it out again. I haven't touched it since it launched.

24 minutes ago, sila said:

That's it?

According to its own documentation, yes.

Atleast in terms of creating mods.

25 minutes ago, sila said:

they were saying they planned to support modding community but that very well could have been dropped

Well they did release an offical tool to unpack their game... try getting something like that from rockstar.

43 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

According to its own documentation, yes.

Atleast in terms of creating mods.

Well they did release an offical tool to unpack their game... try getting something like that from rockstar.

True enough, though with how they were talking before release I was hoping for something closer to what Bethesda has released. Could still happen I suppose.

A quick run of Docs says, for proper use  to download "Wolftool something" app and paste into CP tools folder. That app is supposedly has full UI for redmod interaction plugin. I tried to use it, it crashes when CP77 exe path is chosen and clicked on finish tab every time.
 I think the app has the full UI support window for looking at meshes\textures and now animation preview for CP77 to make mods.  From my side its unavailable to test via unknown error but maybe other folks can write what they have discovered with new tool and how it all works.

Edited by RomeoZero
6 minutes ago, RomeoZero said:

it crashes when CP77 exe path is chosen and clicked on finish tab every time.

Wolvenkit 8.6 is not updated for CP77 ver. 1.6.

You need to use the 8.7 nightly (beta) build.

https://github.com/WolvenKit/WolvenKit-nightly-releases

9 minutes ago, RomeoZero said:

I think the app has the full UI support window for looking at meshes\textures and now animation preview for CP77 to make mods

Meshes and textures : yes, animations : no

In addition the nightly build of ver 8.7 does not really support REDmod yet.

Need to wait for the "real" 8.7

20 hours ago, sila said:

You can say literally the same thing about Skyrim though.

The story is not anything terribly impressive, it was a buggy mess at launch (still is in fact, with a lot of the same bugs that were present at launch, thank god for USSEP) and the combat is quite bland without mods. The AI comes at you one at a time even when they are in a large group.

It was free modding that made Skyrim amazing, and if CDProjekt is releasing dev tools for modding then Cyberpunk has potential to be truly amazing as well.

I understand your point of view, but although skyrim loses in some aspects against its predecessor ( oblivion ) like in story and guilds, but skyrim has brought a lot of improvements like gameplay and level up system. About skyrim glitches, I spent a lot of time playing skyrim before installing ussep and I'll say, I basically never had problems with bugs that left quests incomplete (like the one in oblivion which is the quest to kill some vampires for the count of skingrad) or corrupt saves or any other bug that limited my gameplay, on the contrary, there were several things I could take advantage of, such as the absurd price of dragon bones and some chests that were easy to access from outside the map, like the blacksmith's chest from whiterun. But cyberpunk just started with the universe and for many its universe does not please or attracts besides the numerous bugs of the game, that these yes, prevent the progression of some quests. But of course, if you can make a ''ussep'' and the engine is highly modifiable then maybe cyberpunk will be a game for some people who like to modify.

17 hours ago, Skyrim4Waifu said:

No did not care the story.. I want to interaction with bds and more joytoys in japantown. Only just sex interaction with joytoys. 

understandable, have a great day.

Edited by Vampire Hunter
fix and image meme too big
On 9/7/2022 at 5:21 AM, Mister X said:

- Don’t hurt us or others -> That's the only one that possibly could be somewhat problematic as it prohibits 

Now, WHAT counts as sexist or offensive isn't said though ... and those terms are interpreted widely here, IIRC ^^

Just keep content inside the bubble: nobody in LL is going to complain about you fetish. But if you discuss it on reddit or other websites, be prepared to face some moralism.

Don't kink shame others: If you don't like a specific kink, that's okay. But don't insult others because they do. Also, defend them from the haters (don't argue, just report and let the mod team delete the message and apply penalties), or you will be on your own when they attack your kink. No real people are being harmed in this world of fantasy, so there is no point in giving human rights to pixels.