Cyberpunk 2077 Redmod announced

4 hours ago, Vampire Hunter said:

I understand your point of view, but although skyrim loses in some aspects against its predecessor ( oblivion ) like in story and guilds, but skyrim has brought a lot of improvements like gameplay and level up system. About skyrim glitches, I spent a lot of time playing skyrim before installing ussep and I'll say, I basically never had problems with bugs that left quests incomplete (like the one in oblivion which is the quest to kill some vampires for the count of skingrad) or corrupt saves or any other bug that limited my gameplay, on the contrary, there were several things I could take advantage of, such as the absurd price of dragon bones and some chests that were easy to access from outside the map, like the blacksmith's chest from whiterun. But cyberpunk just started with the universe and for many its universe does not please or attracts besides the numerous bugs of the game, that these yes, prevent the progression of some quests. But of course, if you can make a ''ussep'' and the engine is highly modifiable then maybe cyberpunk will be a game for some people who like to modify.

understandable, have a great day.

That is... really debatable. A lot of people I know considered Skyrim a huge downgrade in terms of gameplay. It massively simplified level ups, enchanting, and worst of all magic. Gone were the days of making quirky op spells like Jump + Slow fall to travel across the map, or 100% spell reflect + massive self damage to blow up everything around you for very little mana. Enchanted items are limited to 2 effects at most, and that requires maxed enchanting.

I know at launch skyrim had many game breaking bugs, a lot of them were fixed but plenty are still in the game. Save corruption was a real problem on ps3 for example. 

On 9/8/2022 at 11:21 PM, Vader666 said:

It's a commandline toolset to extract an re-pack a bunch of assets.

It seems to be more than just that though. Reading through the official announcement and the Q&A it looks like this adds official support for loading mods into the game that follow the new redmod format as well as enabling and disabling mods via the REDLauncher

3 hours ago, ChloeKitten said:

it looks like this adds official support for loading mods into the game that follow the new redmod format

It does.

But besides being official its nothing really new.

Mods and ModManagers for CP77 exist since, atleast, a year now.

3 hours ago, ChloeKitten said:

Hoping this is just the start of CDPRs plans for mods for Cyberpunk...

While perfectly possible, i wouldn't get too excited about it.

5 hours ago, ChloeKitten said:

An exciting announcement! :‍o
Ever since release I've always been holding out hope that Cyberpunk 2077 could become a new modding scene, especially for lewder mods considering the already erotic atmosphere of the game c‍:

first they need to create some kind of ussep mod to be able to make the game stable and then focus on other mods, because creating mods now for this game it's complicated, vanilla is already buggy and imagine how it should look with mods...

21 hours ago, sila said:

That is... really debatable. A lot of people I know considered Skyrim a huge downgrade in terms of gameplay. It massively simplified level ups, enchanting, and worst of all magic. Gone were the days of making quirky op spells like Jump + Slow fall to travel across the map, or 100% spell reflect + massive self damage to blow up everything around you for very little mana. Enchanted items are limited to 2 effects at most, and that requires maxed enchanting.

I know at launch skyrim had many game breaking bugs, a lot of them were fixed but plenty are still in the game. Save corruption was a real problem on ps3 for example. 

yes, I particularly liked the skyrim because it became more balanced although it is still very strong. In oblivion I played recently, the enchantments were very strong (a sword with 4 - 5 enchantments basically you solo anything in the game without losing health) and depending on your build, the game was very easy because of the enchantments. Let console players suffer... just kidding, I don't know of any reports of broken saves, so I can't talk about that.

I read something somewhere that CDPR might put a third-person perspective camera in CP2077 as they were looking to hire some ppl for that some months back. Was really just speculation anyway and Idk what became of it.

But official tools is definitely a step in the right direction- if a bit too late.

39 minutes ago, Vampire Hunter said:

first they need to create some kind of ussep mod to be able to make the game stable and then focus on other mods, because creating mods now for this game it's complicated, vanilla is already buggy and imagine how it should look with mods...

yes, I particularly liked the skyrim because it became more balanced although it is still very strong. In oblivion I played recently, the enchantments were very strong (a sword with 4 - 5 enchantments basically you solo anything in the game without losing health) and depending on your build, the game was very easy because of the enchantments. Let console players suffer... just kidding, I don't know of any reports of broken saves, so I can't talk about that.

There are still overpowered things you can do in skyrim if someone is so inclined, but you can't do anything quirky like you could in morrowind.

God I miss Morrowind's magic and enchant system...

Considering the talent of the modding community, more tools seems to be always better should only lead to more possibilities. Not sure if this'll go to the same extent than Skyrim, but Cyberpunk is still visually in its prime, and so if there is an interests and enough tools, who knows ? :classic_smile:

5 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I read something somewhere that CDPR might put a third-person perspective camera in CP2077 as they were looking to hire some ppl for that some months back. Was really just speculation anyway and Idk what became of it.

But official tools is definitely a step in the right direction- if a bit too late.

It's always late with CDPR. Yet « better late than never » fully applies to their works, and it seems CP2077 considerably improved over the months/patches.

Regarding the third person camera, here's where the rumor originated from :

huge?r=s3-eu-central-1&_1548253539526

Job Description

CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is looking for a programmer with experience in developing real-time third person perspective cameras. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games, aesthetics, and engaging player experiences.

You will be responsible for: 

• Creating in-game and cinematic cameras that respond intuitively to user input with a strong emphasis on aesthetics, clarity, and creating impactful player experiences.
  • Implementing and maintaining a camera system within a large codebase while collaborating with other departments both locally and around the world.
  • Working on tools to give content creators the means  to create and customize cameras as needed for gameplay and scenes. 

So they seem to have gotten that it was a feature the playerbase would like ; a bit as the wardrobe feature of the 1.6 update. However, there is no mention from it in the upcoming 1.7 patch ; so I'm guessing that if they implement it, they want the announcement to have an effect of its own. And so it'll likely go along something big (an extension, or another Cyberpunk game). Meanwhile, there is a third person view mod which seems to be alright outside of combat/swimming phases. :classic_smile:

Edited by Tirloque
44 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

Considering the talent of the modding community, more tools seems to be always better

Okay, this is the second time I've read a post here alluding to the "lack" (I'm assuming) of talent in the modding community. What gives? Did a bunch of ppl die or something?

Edited by KoolHndLuke
2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Okay, this is the second time I've read a post here alluding to the "lack" (I'm assuming) of talent in the modding community. What gives? Did a bunch of ppl die or something?

Aouch. Maybe I didn't express myself correctly then.

I'm a blogger. On Loverslab. I create(d) stories, that were built on mods, which were themselves based on frameworks such as Sexlab, not even mentioning SKSE or ENBs. So of course, in my eyes, the talent of the modding community is immense. And so if there's a way and a will, I suppose CP2077 might get part of what Skyrim did in terms of mods. Question is how adequate of a way Redmod is and will be. :classic_smile:

Edited by Tirloque
20 hours ago, ChloeKitten said:

An exciting announcement! :‍o
Ever since release I've always been holding out hope that Cyberpunk 2077 could become a new modding scene, especially for lewder mods considering the already erotic atmosphere of the game c‍:

I hope more joytoys in every areas in night cities and other strip clubs must open for immersion..  Thank you. 

2 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

This needs a thread of its own.   Adult gaming has thousands of posts a day and finding something in it is a pain in the ass.

As long we will have enough material we can do a section. Right now can only stay as thread. If there will be enough posts we can pin it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...