Defeat or Submit

Regallag the Perv

So I'm looking to download a sexlab mod that lets the PC rape/be raped.  Defeat and Submit both look good and I can't decide which one I should use.  Both have over 60 likes; both have about 50 people following the topics; Submit have more than 600 replies, and Defeat has more than 450.  I have no idea which one to choose.

What I'm looking for is just how people feel about each mod.  Have you used one or both?  How well do they work?  Does one do something better than the other?  Anything I should know before downloading?  Personal preferences, ease of updating, anything at all about one or both of these mods to help make up my mind.  Any and all coments are welcome.

I think the major difference in gameplay between thos two mods is that SexLab Defeat has the raping occur automaticly (PC being raped and followers raping/being raped) where in Sexlab Submit everything is triggered by a hotkey.

So if you want to be able to control everything  I'd say go with Submit and if you want thing to happen automaticly the go for defeat instead, or use both, in the end itt's up to you.

Use both.  I do, and it's great.  They're completely compatible, so you can pick and choose which effects you want to use from either mod.

I for example don't use any of the "get raped when you get hit at less than X% heath" effects from Defeat, I only use it for the "Push someone down when you push Activate with them targeted".  And I use Submit for the dialogue options after I have used the push down from Defeat, as well as the surrender function from submit.

I like to think of the two mods as one mod... "Sex Lab Defeat & Submit"... it's basically one mod that was, by pure coincidence, created by two seperate people :D

I can confirm that you can use both without conflicts, at least I haven't had any so far. Both work stable for me, are easily installed/updated, and deliver what they promise to do.

For personal preference, I use Defeat and its auto-rape of my character and companions by NPCs to add a little extra risk to combat; however, I turn off the auto-rape of NPCs by my characters in MCM, since they tend not to be the types who automatically rape anyone they beat in combat any time. If they rape at all.

When playing the kind of character I feel might be likely to take that kind of advantage of a beaten foe, I use Submit because the hotkey gives me full control over when, where, or who a rather nasty Dova might 'invite' to some extra physical close contact.

Running both mods and adjusting them with their MCM options adds an extra bit of roleplaying dimension that can spice up the roleplaying experience for me.

I stopped using either one because they both break SoS (Schlongs of Skyrim) and it seems like neither of the mod authors are acknowledging it/care about it. If you aren't using SoS either one of them gets the job done.

Eh ?

I use sos and have no issues.

I stopped using either one because they both break SoS (Schlongs of Skyrim) and it seems like neither of the mod authors are acknowledging it/care about it. If you aren't using SoS either one of them gets the job done.

I use SoS and both Defeat and Submit, and I haven't had any problems.

In what specific way did they break SoS in your game?

I can also confirm this works. I only use Defeat but SoS has no problems.

Make sure it or SexLab is not messing with equipment slot 52, which is where the schlong is stored.

I personally use SD and Submit, because you don't need to do any settings to make them work together (but you have to do it if you want to use SD and Defeat).

As people already said, the great point of Submit is the Hotkey, allowing you to surrender at any moment. And I love the arms up animation, the beating moment and... What happen after!

A great mod.

I don't personally use Defeat, and Goubo doesn't personally use mine, but from what we both hear, they both seem to work happily together, which is, quite frankly, pretty awesome!  This seems to be due mainly because, despite having very similar themes (Player raping and/or getting raped), the way they approach them is completely different, which is purely accident of design.

100% of everything Submit does is done via the Hotkey and/or dialogs.  I also modify no stock Skyrim files, so there is no inherent conflict with Defeat.

Defeat, from what I understand, is done via the 'Activate' button to initiate rape, and automatically happens at some preset low health % for the player to get raped.

So, as many have said, this allows users to run both if they desire, mix and matching different parts of each to suit their tastes.

So the answer really is try both, see which one you like better, and if you like parts of both better?  Run both and just use the parts you like!

As to SoS, I wasn't aware there was anyone that was having trouble with that.  I am not sure why my mod would have any bearing on that, as most of my mod is really just the window dressing to set up the sex scene, whether raping or being raped.  When the actual sex is ready, I just call StartSex(), which then puts the ball firmly in the court of the Framework.

If I remember correctly, you need Lover's Hook and the SoS patch to make them all work together, at least that was what I did, and it's working beautifully.

You dont need lovershook, at least I dont have it installed.

Ah, okay then. I think it may have been that page that directed me to the patch then. I'm not certain.

Can one use either of these mods as a "Get out of jail free card" concerning humanoid combat? I wanted to play a weaker char based on magic and speechcraft that doesn't use much/any weapons so I was wondering if that can be used at least to circumvent bandits and similar ilk?

Can one use either of these mods as a "Get out of jail free card" concerning humanoid combat? I wanted to play a weaker char based on magic and speechcraft that doesn't use much/any weapons so I was wondering if that can be used at least to circumvent bandits and similar ilk?

Well if you surrender through Defeat then the npc's will try to kill you after the scene, now if you remember to drink potions while they have their way with you, you could be ready to fight afterwards.

If you surrender through Submit, the npc's steal all your stuff so that can make it hard to progress in the game if that happens very often. Unless you plan to come back and get revenge ofcourse.

There's a mod on here called LoversHook that adds spell effects before and after sex. Run that, and set the Aggressor to have a calm effect when sex ends. Whether this calms everybody in that area, I don't know.

On-topic, I use both mods, but it'd be great if the Submit mod was amended so that humanoid enemies would randomly use the Submit shout or grapple against you and followers, with probabilities of you/followers submitting for more suspense. Of course, at that point we basically have a proxy for Defeat.

Would it be possible to give NPCs the ability through ASIS?

There's a mod on here called LoversHook that adds spell effects before and after sex. Run that, and set the Aggressor to have a calm effect when sex ends. Whether this calms everybody in that area, I don't know.

On-topic, I use both mods, but it'd be great if the Submit mod was amended so that humanoid enemies would randomly use the Submit shout or grapple against you and followers, with probabilities of you/followers submitting for more suspense. Of course, at that point we basically have a proxy for Defeat.

Would it be possible to give NPCs the ability through ASIS?

My philosophy on the subject is that I want the player to ultimately have full control of the situation, whether it is to attempt to force their enemy to submit or to recognize they are outmatched and surrender.  I don't personally like the idea of some random trigger point and then the enemy does it to you outside of your control, so I don't have any plans to add that feature to Submit.

However, if I did, (And that is just a hypothetical *if*) then it would simply work by automatically triggering the current Surrender code at some predefined low HP%, which already includes the 'beatdown' animation present in the Grapple.

Archived