Starfield release date 11/22/22

Just watched the gameplay trailer. It looks good visually but im getting C.O.D vibes which isnt bad in itself but I dont have the reflexes and full hand mobility to play shooters. Im a VATS player not a run n gun. I do like what I see so far but well see.

The space flight and space combat looked fine I don't know what that gamergate screecher was on about a few days ago but it seems just fine maybe add some shields so your space ship settlers don't get sucked out into space from every minor space fender bender. 

I'm under the impression the release date is june of next year? 

Supposedly one thousand worlds to visit, we don't need so many and we know how that worked out for no man's sky just the same old patterns after a while with no real reason to go there anyway. So unless the story and plot devices are really good and well written it will be very boring. I noticed during the xbox showcase this word "cloud" kept appearing as a platform option at the end of some game trailers, what is that anyway? This game better not be online only. No mention of avowed or the next warhammer game or falling frontier or outer worlds 2.

The visuals are not wow by next gen standard but it's OK. I am concerned that there was zero showcase of AI and animation enhancements. It's basically the difference of whether the new engine is a glorified FO4 reskin or actually upgrade.

The one thousand worlds just remind me the fetching chore mechanics that I hated so much in Mass Effect.

The game looks good, of course we should temper our expectations because it is Bethesda after all, but it looks like fun. It will be buggy, procedural terrain and Bethesda always is at launch, but I think it still looks like a GOTY.

I'm excited for what LL will bring, tentacle worlds maybe? The planets open a lot of doors into having dedicated worlds added by mods that are built for the mod. One of the big issues with Skyrim and Fallout is that the modded areas are always accessed in a weird way since there are no good spots for new ones, the number of LL dungeons that are accessed by a trap door somewhre is insane.

2 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Supposedly one thousand worlds to visit, we don't need so many and we know how that worked out for no man's sky just the same old patterns after a while with no real reason to go there anyway. So unless the story and plot devices are really good and well written it will be very boring. I noticed during the xbox showcase this word "cloud" kept appearing as a platform option at the end of some game trailers, what is that anyway? This game better not be online only. No mention of avowed or the next warhammer game or falling frontier or outer worlds 2.

Ah, one "thousand worlds", the new "sixteen times bigger", "you can climb that mountain" , or even the "these dialogues are not scripted".

It will be one small zone around mountains and/or water with a single small quest or item.

At least, mods.

After finally getting to play Bannerlord and finding it boring, and then seeing it sent to early-access hell, I have a "don't buy until it's confirmed good" policy. The game has potential to be amazing, but bethesda has a really bad track record post-Skyrim (even Skyrim they handled badly by rushing its release and periodically demolishing the entire modding scene for a freaking fishing mod). And now they have big brother microsoft - who has never made good software - overseeing them. But if the game is good, I think it'll be really good for modding because having planets gives you basically infinite space and room to work with. And you don't even need to worry about stuff like being lore-friendly since things can vary wildly from planet to planet. And hopefully it'll work well with LL type mods. I've been dreaming of a space-slavery game since mass effect.

Yea they brought over the mod system and the outpost creation from FO4.  So much for creating a new IP with new innovative ideas.  Should have known ?‍♂️

The character models look really odd to me.  The facial animation does look improved, but the eyes somehow give a lifeless feel lol.  All in all its like 3G4 said, its FO4 in space.

I'm expecting the 1000 planets you can explore to be randomly generated copies of one another.  Probably like a handful of different ecosystems.

The good thing is at least the gameplay so far looks solid. 

Not sure about the space combat, because it looks like despite whatever you do to customize your ship it seems to have the same two front cannons. 

Character creation looks so so, and the body slider reminds me of mmo's where you can choose fat/muscular/skinny:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9638094d9b6aec52c4de9f8fb69f4965.png

Again we could be like a year away from release.  I believe it was originally scheduled for like Nov 2022?

51 minutes ago, Zor2k13 said:

I still don't understand what the main story plot device is, floating glowy bits of metal that are coming together or something... I guess that is better than he shot my wife in the head and stole my baby.

When I first saw those my immediate thought was it's a blueprint for Dyson rings, basically unlimited power meaning whoever controls them could take over