[WIP] The White Faun

6 months in the making and still in semi-deep WIP phase:

The White Faun

post-26143-0-01348200-1373037793_thumb.jpg

Among the purest of nature's creations, these creatures present themselves

with an aura of extreme calm within nature itself. Delicate, beautiful, and calm,

they walk among most of the forest's creatures as kin.

Nature itself however, has taken notice of their frail existence, and

seen fit to grant them the ability to defend themselves with some of it's

most powerful elements. Commanding the destructive forces of wind, rain,

and lightning with enough force to disintegrate mortal beings near instantly

in a single spell cast.

Knowing that such power could be wielded against mortal men, nature has

restricted it's use to outdoor areas only.

post-26143-0-51697600-1373037888_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-85475700-1373037900_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-50985300-1373037909_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-92835800-1373037921_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-51993100-1373037932_thumb.jpg

Everything you see them wearing (except for jewelry) is included with the race.

Take note that the torso armor is the ONLY armor they can wear. I plan to

make more as time and mesh usage permissions allow. I won't be taking

armor requests, as hanging torso armor on this body mesh is painstaking

enough, and I don't want to be inundated with armor requests that simply won't

work. If you'd like to make a suggestion, I'll gladly look into it when I have the

time, but I can't make any promises.

Thanks,

Trykz

If u need a tester for this race i'd be more than happy to oblige. anyhew will this have its own custom body like your other races? because it would be much prefered if you used UNPB or added use of other bodys because there are and will be problems if not mainly around custom armors and such.

Also any chance of a release date?

If u need a tester for this race i'd be more than happy to oblige. anyhew will this have its own custom body like your other races? because it would be much prefered if you used UNPB or added use of other bodys because there are and will be problems if not mainly around custom armors and such.

Also any chance of a release date?

Sorry, but I never use testers. It's simply too much hassle to try and keep testers updated as things change almost hourly. But thank you for the offer just the same  :)

The body is UNPB. And UNPB is the only body this race will EVER have, unless someone wants to make me some variants of other body types.

Basically, I can use any body mesh, as long as the vertices below the bottom of the thigh are removed (everything from the top of the knee down). Otherwise, the feet will not work because the calf passes through them. As of right now, this is the only body available.

Frankly, I don't really care if other "problems" with custom armors arise or not. I can only use armors that actually fit on the body mesh. If someone wants something special, they'll have to make it themselves. Also as of this time, the torso armor pictured is the ONLY armor available. Accessories and other armor parts (except boots for obvious reasons), will also work.

Release of this race is at least a week off, as I'm still adding assets and testing things in game as I go. As I said in the first post, it's still kinda deep in WIP phase.

Anyhoo.....

before I forget, the hunters of Skyrim WILL pursue you if they spot you. You are, after all, the creature of their childhood fables. And with little health, and reduced carry weight, they WILL kill you if they get the opportunity, making this race an extreme challenge to play at the upper difficulty levels  ;)

Trykz

-snip-

Anyhoo.....

before I forget, the hunters of Skyrim WILL pursue you if they spot you. You are, after all, the creature of their childhood fables. And with little health, and reduced carry weight, they WILL kill you if they get the opportunity, making this race an extreme challenge to play at the upper difficulty levels  ;)

Trykz

Very nice race so far Trykz! And that sounds like a good thing. Running away from many potential predators just because you're the cause for their fantasies xD

Think of how many rape scenes this can make :P

Oh and I love how you made their legs/hooves? They look beautiful~

-snip-

Anyhoo.....

Trykz

Very nice race so far Trykz! And that sounds like a good thing. Running away from many potential predators just because you're the cause for their fantasies xD

Think of how many rape scenes this can make :P

Oh and I love how you made their legs/hooves? They look beautiful~

I'm thinking I might play around with the diffuse and normal map textures, and run the fur up to about mid-thigh. Should look pretty cool. We'll see  :P

Does that use a custom skeleton for the legs to work, or does it work properly with xp32/skulltyrant's skeletons?

It uses it's own highly modified XP32 skeleton  :)

I spent literally 3 hours getting it just right. Replacing it is definitely NOT recommended, and will alter the look of the character significantly  ;)

Does that use a custom skeleton for the legs to work, or does it work properly with xp32/skulltyrant's skeletons?

I spent literally 3 hours getting it just right. Replacing it is definitely NOT recommended, and will alter the look of the character significantly  ;)

ah good it's going to be compatible with dual sheath redux and other skeleton related mods brilliant! also it might be worth giving different hoofs, my reason for hinking this is since it will be a gigantic pain in the ass to work armor mods around the hooves it seems easier to give hooves that are clothing - ligh - heavy amor. just ignore me if you already have this planned heh

also i cant wait for the release haha, we need abit more race diversity in skyrim :)

What exactly will the carry weight be? i use Realistic carry weight which changes the carry weight of races to average out at 100, give or take depending on the race's background, e.g. 105 - wood elf, 130 - nord, etc

so if this race is as weak as you say i would be happy with like 60-70 carry weight hehe otherwise i will just console command it down :P

Love the 'hunters will hunt you' idea lol. its kinda making me impatient! geif lul!!

ah good it's going to be compatible with dual sheath redux and other skeleton related mods brilliant! also it might be worth giving different hoofs, my reason for hinking this is since it will be a gigantic pain in the ass to work armor mods around the hooves it seems easier to give hooves that are clothing - ligh - heavy amor. just ignore me if you already have this planned heh

also i cant wait for the release haha, we need abit more race diversity in skyrim :)

What exactly will the carry weight be? i use Realistic carry weight which changes the carry weight of races to average out at 100, give or take depending on the race's background, e.g. 105 - wood elf, 130 - nord, etc

so if this race is as weak as you say i would be happy with like 60-70 carry weight hehe otherwise i will just console command it down :P

Love the 'hunters will hunt you' idea lol. its kinda making me impatient! geif lul!!

Making the hooves available as a separate piece is not possible. They're part of the body mesh (believe me, I tried and they won't display without the body mesh and won't work with unmodified meshes).

The races' base carry weight is 75. Down 25 from vanilla. Base health is 90, down 10 from vanilla. Base magicka is 150, up 50 from vanilla, and base stamina is unchanged from vanilla value at 100.

can yo make your races available as followers

My races are all released in ESM format to facilitate easily creating custom followers from any of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in case anyone is wondering about weapon targeting on the skeleton:

post-26143-0-83485500-1373054284_thumb.jpg

The weapons she is wearing are all included in the mod (I'm still working on the custom arrows). They are pre-enchanted magic weapons and have had their weights adjusted accordingly for the race, and containing only one enchantment each (allowing for additional enchantment(s) later). The armor (not enchanted) comes in light, medium, and cloth versions. I'll be adding a circlet at some point as well to make up for the loss of boots. Each set (except cloth of course) can initially be crafted with no materials whatsoever, but tempering comes with some degree of skill required. The weapons can all be crafted initially with basic items you can find easily at level 1. The weapons can also be upgraded and tempered, with requirements along the same line as the armors.

Looks very cool!  I can only imagine how much work you've gone through to get hooves working, I haven't seen them in a race mod before. :) Great job!

I wonder if it would be possible to texture the legs so that the fur seems to fade in a little more gradually?  It's a very sharp contrast right now, which might be the intention, but some painted white fur leading into the actual hoof model might improve the look of it.  I don't know enough about modding to know how possible that is though.

Also, is the plan to release these before the snow elves?  I've been looking forward to those very much, I have a snow elf concept all ready to go whenever you get to them. :)

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Looks very cool!  I can only imagine how much work you've gone through to get hooves working, I haven't seen them in a race mod before. :) Great job!

I wonder if it would be possible to texture the legs so that the fur seems to fade in a little more gradually?  It's a very sharp contrast right now, which might be the intention, but some painted white fur leading into the actual hoof model might improve the look of it.  I don't know enough about modding to know how possible that is though.

Also, is the plan to release these before the snow elves?  I've been looking forward to those very much, I have a snow elf concept all ready to go whenever you get to them. :)

Thanks for all of your hard work!

This will be the last *new* race (seriously this time LOL) until after all of my previous races are fixed and converted under TCRA. But rest assured I have some pretty big plans ahead, and a snow elf race is definitely among them, along with a dozen other ideas burning in my noggin'  :P

I still have quite a bit of texture work to do, and the hooves area is what it's pretty much centered around. None of my races are ever released until I'm absolutely certain they've reached the limit of my ability. I learn new things about the Creation Kit almost every time I use it. Which is why all of my races (both new and the earlier released ones) will getting some really cool stuff  ;)

D'aww...I don't get why any hunter would try and kill her, much less violate the poor soul. I would probably not be using her, but pretty cool all the same, she's definitely got that harmless-but-don't press-her vibe. Wonder if skin texture replacers would work despite the hooves...

D'aww...I don't get why any hunter would try and kill her, much less violate the poor soul. I would probably not be using her, but pretty cool all the same, she's definitely got that harmless-but-don't press-her vibe. Wonder if skin texture replacers would work despite the hooves...

I truly don't mean to be crass, but it can be pretty disheartening when people "think out loud" about altering everything in someone's mod. Especially after putting nearly 6 months of time into making something work (and look) the way they intend. I mean, you can do whatever you want with your game, of course. But it's not something I really need to know about. It makes it seem as though others feel someone else (or they) could have done better.

This is one of those instances where I ask myself, "why bother?"

I truly don't mean to be crass, but it can be pretty disheartening when people "think out loud" about altering everything in someone's mod. Especially after putting nearly 6 months of time into making something work (and look) the way they intend. I mean, you can do whatever you want with your game, of course. But it's not something I really need to know about. It makes it seem as though others feel someone else (or they) could have done better.

Agh, I'm really sorry if I came across as offensive... forget I said anything. If I somehow implied that this one was bad or made an unscrupulous criticizing of it, I did NOT mean or intend one bit of it. I'll not make any excuses... sure, I may not mean to dislike the race itself or what it was utilizing and just wanted to comment in a seemingly harmless manner, but I know now I should have kept my piece to myself in the first place then. Again, I wholly apologize. Upsetting people without knowing I did really does not sit right with me, and I know I wouldn't like it if I was in your shoes.

Agh, I'm really sorry if I came across as offensive... forget I said anything. If I somehow implied that this one was bad or made an unscrupulous criticizing of it, I did NOT mean or intend one bit of it. I'll not make any excuses... sure, I may not mean to dislike the race itself or what it was utilizing and just wanted to comment in a seemingly harmless manner, but I know now I should have kept my piece to myself in the first place then. Again, I wholly apologize.

It's quite alright  :)

I just tend to speak my mind when something bothers me, because when no one ever says anything, the reminder that tons of work goes into some stuff is rarely, if ever, conveyed. 

Again, no harm done  ;)

Making the hooves available as a separate piece is not possible. They're part of the body mesh (believe me, I tried and they won't display without the body mesh and won't work with unmodified meshes).

The races' base carry weight is 75. Down 25 from vanilla. Base health is 90, down 10 from vanilla. Base magicka is 150, up 50 from vanilla, and base stamina is unchanged from vanilla value at 100.

can yo make your races available as followers

My races are all released in ESM format to facilitate easily creating custom followers from any of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in case anyone is wondering about weapon targeting on the skeleton:

The weapons she is wearing are all included in the mod (I'm still working on the custom arrows). They are pre-enchanted magic weapons and have had their weights adjusted accordingly for the race, and containing only one enchantment each (allowing for additional enchantment(s) later). The armor (not enchanted) comes in light, medium, and cloth versions. I'll be adding a circlet at some point as well to make up for the loss of boots. Each set (except cloth of course) can initially be crafted with no materials whatsoever, but tempering comes with some degree of skill required. The weapons can all be crafted initially with basic items you can find easily at level 1. The weapons can also be upgraded and tempered, with requirements along the same line as the armors.

Looks good and seriously cant wait for the release :D, just wondering if the race will be compatible with vanilla armors and weapons tho?

Its getting closer to cow race. Maybe some day you will make that promised one too!

LOL.... I already have one I mocked up in the CK  :P

As soon as I get some of my backlogged stuff caught up, I need to do some pretty extensive texture work on it. But other than that, it just needs some custom powers and abilities.

What it really needs is a *fuller* figure. If I had CHSBHC meshes with the vertices removed to just above the knee, I could really sweeten it up  ;)

Unfortunately, making those isn't something I can do myself.

You need to do 1 thing - create male with SOS custom textures.

Again, there is no body model other than the one this race uses. Male or female.

All I need are the complete body meshes with the vertices removed to just above the knee. The rest I can manage myself.

Its getting closer to cow race. Maybe some day you will make that promised one too!

As soon as I get some of my backlogged stuff caught up, I need to do some pretty extensive texture work on it. But other than that, it just needs some custom powers and abilities.

What it really needs is a *fuller* figure. If I had CHSBHC meshes with the vertices removed to just above the knee, I could really sweeten it up  ;)

I think I can do that. Just send me the meshes you want to use (body and hooves). CHSBHC + cow race made me drool.

I think I can do that. Just send me the meshes you want to use (body and hooves). CHSBHC + cow race made me drool.

That would be sweet :)

I'll post them as an attachment in a PM in a little bit.

I used the info from your post in the tech support thread, and it worked like a charm. It's given the Guardians race quite an awesome effect. Thank you again  ;)