SexLab_v159_beta_test3_patch does not work well

CD when starting

CD with the save

If play freezes with finish

Animations do not work NPC are correctly not seeds

The best thanks

Ras Cock

Hi folks
I'm looking for a way to make the player/npc change 'facial expressions/phonemes/modifiers' more often than once each stage during SL animations. Is that possible?

I know one can "mfg save xxxx" batch files, and then execute them with the "bat xxxx" command, but is it possible to make it happen automatically so that they change facial expressions more often ... like evey 5 seconds?

Can a batch file execute more than 1 expression ... like...making a sequence of multiple expressions with a delay of 5 secs in between each expression? 

(im using SL version 1.57 at the moment - you all do an amazing job btw)

I did a quick test of beta 2 and I ran into something.

The test was on an existing savegame updated using the clean/rebuild function from MCM. Also because I was silly and forgot to turn papyrus logging on I won't be able to show any logs ._. I need to go to bed now so I can't go back and do a proper test right now.

But anyways here is what I have to report:

After updating I set up my preferences and stuffs and then I tried to export them. Everything looked okay and I got the confirmation message telling me to save my game but when I tried to to that the game froze as soon as I clicked the save button and the save file was never created. I tried it aboutish 4 more times and the freeze on saving happened every time. I also used "Import" and it had the same effect.

Also choosing "Animation Editor" tab from MCM results in MCM gettign stuck. The tab doesn't open and I can't switch to any other tab. It still lets me escape the MCM menu using the escape or tab button. I think the manu gets stuck loading something but no matter how long I wait it doesn't do anything.

It looks like the game is having some trouble accessing saved adjustments. Could there be somethign wrong with PapyrusUtil?

Probably an issue with it trying to convert your old version papyrusutil data to the new versions format, if it's a real old save with a lot of saved data it might be struggling to properly parse it over. Just a guess though.

An easy way to confirm that though;

• Go to your saves folder
  • find your test save files .ess and .skse file.
  • rename or delete+backup the .skse file so the .ess file can't load it anymore
  • you'll lose any data any plugin might've saved via SKSE on that save file, likely breaking some mods making them need to reinstall, but it'll empty your PapyrusUtil data and confirm whether or not it's a problem with your existing payrusutil data or not.
  • Load the save that now no longer has a valid .skse file.
  • Run SexLab's rebuild process, configure some settings
  • Attempt to export your settings again to see if it freezes
  • Save into a new slot to see if it freezes.
  • Rename your .skse save back to normal after confirming if it fixes it or not to restore your save to normal.
  • Look in your main Skyrim folder for a "PapyrusUtilDev.log" after quitting Skyrim and attach that file here. This file is created regardless of separate papyrus.log settings.
  • A normal papyrus log would be helpful as well.
Also what exactly is it your your trying to export/import? SexLab config, animation adjustments, or expressions?

Oksies so I tried it again but this time I started a new game and enabled papyrus logging. I set all my preferences, stripping and timers and stuffs, saved the game (game saved correctly), then i loaded that game to check if it saved right, it did.

Next: I went to SL's MCM menu and used the "Export" option. I got the message telling me to save my game so I left the menu and saved the game in a new slot. As soon as I did that the game froze just like last time.

Here are my logs:

The test was on an existing savegame updated using the clean/rebuild function from MCM. Also because I was silly and forgot to turn papyrus logging on I won't be able to show any logs ._. I need to go to bed now so I can't go back and do a proper test right now.

After updating I set up my preferences and stuffs and then I tried to export them. Everything looked okay and I got the confirmation message telling me to save my game but when I tried to to that the game froze as soon as I clicked the save button and the save file was never created. I tried it aboutish 4 more times and the freeze on saving happened every time. I also used "Import" and it had the same effect.

Also choosing "Animation Editor" tab from MCM results in MCM gettign stuck. The tab doesn't open and I can't switch to any other tab. It still lets me escape the MCM menu using the escape or tab button. I think the manu gets stuck loading something but no matter how long I wait it doesn't do anything.

It looks like the game is having some trouble accessing saved adjustments. Could there be somethign wrong with PapyrusUtil?

Probably an issue with it trying to convert your old version papyrusutil data to the new versions format, if it's a real old save with a lot of saved data it might be struggling to properly parse it over. Just a guess though.

• you'll lose any data any plugin might've saved via SKSE on that save file, likely breaking some mods making them need to reinstall, but it'll empty your PapyrusUtil data and confirm whether or not it's a problem with your existing payrusutil data or not.
  • Rename your .skse save back to normal after confirming if it fixes it or not to restore your save to normal.
  • Look in your main Skyrim folder for a "PapyrusUtilDev.log" after quitting Skyrim and attach that file here. This file is created regardless of separate papyrus.log settings.
Also what exactly is it your your trying to export/import? SexLab config, animation adjustments, or expressions?

Oksies so I tried it again but this time I started a new game and enabled papyrus logging. I set all my preferences, stripping and timers and stuffs, saved the game (game saved correctly), then i loaded that game to check if it saved right, it did.

Next: I went to SL's MCM menu and used the "Export" option. I got the message telling me to save my game so I left the menu and saved the game in a new slot. As soon as I did that the game froze just like last time.

Here are my logs:

attachicon.gifPapyrusUtilDev.log

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Try using this version of papyrus util, just replace the one in the beta patch.

StorageUtil.zip

I, too, Ashal had a similar problem, just like Ms Leeches, matter of fact I used a fresh install with a new game, everything went fine until after my second sex episode, I didn't make any changes in the first one, but the second time I made some small adjustments to align the animations, act went fine, but the moment I tried to do any save, game froze solid. Unfortunately it didn't leave any papyrus traces or a decent debug log to show you. This is not a complaint, just for your information. I'll try the new storageutil and let you know.

I tried to get the beta running - but it always complains about an outdated StorageUtil - I'm using  MO and checked that the dll in the SKSE plugins folder is exactly that one from your beta patch - and there is no other StorageUtil on my whole computer. Even a complete reinstallation of SL + Patch does not help.

•  

Here are my logs:

attachicon.gifPapyrusUtilDev.log

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Try using this version of papyrus util, just replace the one in the beta patch.

Ashal:

With the ones reporting having issues after making changes to alignment, then being unable to save . . .

With the new file being a .json file, perhaps they don't have JContainers installed.

I have it only because Apropos includes it with installation files.

When I disable Apropos, I also crash when saving. When it's enabled, no crash.

Just a theory.

Hello mr Ashal

I have installed the new StorageUtil Works normal

But I also found error

1.Save with F5 does not always work

2.Second well in the city

3.in the field do not always cause ???

4. Starting in the city well

5. Start not always in the field, working only at the 2nd time cause ???

6. Starts usually then not when Skyrim new NPC tries To be inserted (soldiers with prisoners)

Thanks a lot

Ras Cock

Ok Ashal, the new StorageUtil.dll seems to have fixed the problem with the lockups on save, I'm throughly enjoying your new version at the moment, haven't noticed any problems since then. Keep up the good work! Ok, spoke too soon, I have noticed one minor bug with the StorageUtil.dll, it's not saving ANY settings now, you can't save animation adjustments, settings or anything else, but at least it's not crashing.  :lol: I've attached a PapyrusUtilDev.log and my Sexlab.log.

Ashal

Sorry if it was already. Is it possible to add a menu to customize your character key (N) 2 function.
1 Disable strip
2 Remove only briefs (underwear)

A lot of sexy clothes. This would be a very necessary

Sorry if this was discussed, I find it hard to read everything

Ok Ashal, the new StorageUtil.dll seems to have fixed the problem with the lockups on save, I'm throughly enjoying your new version at the moment, haven't noticed any problems since then. Keep up the good work! Ok, spoke too soon, I have noticed one minor bug with the StorageUtil.dll, it's not saving ANY settings now, you can't save animation adjustments, settings or anything else, but at least it's not crashing.  :lol: I've attached a PapyrusUtilDev.log and my Sexlab.log.

Try manually creating the folder "SexLab" in the data/skse/plugins/ folder and seeing if they save then.

Try manually creating the folder "SexLab" in the data/skse/plugins/ folder and seeing if they save then.

Using the new dll file and manually creating the SexLab directory in plugins solved my saving issues ^^

I managed to successfully export, then save and then import and save again.

Also MCM doesn't hang up on choosing the "Animation Editor" tab anymore.

Everything looks okay now, wheee!

Hello, and thank you has Ashal, because finally Sexlab works at with me!
The last patch with the last one Storage. Util allows finally to launch the animations. 

I think on the other hand that there is a problem with Zazanimations because if I launch it, it corrupt me my saves and I have no more access to the party of Sexlab to test the animations. 

I do not touch any more the animations of Zaz. It has been since the beginning of July since I wait that Sexlab works I not to use it doesn't matter Zaz but well it is for the others if you have problems of corrupted saves it is can well being Zaz, thus here is my character can get married and can be same credit note finally children. Sorry for my English but im happy.

Had a thought for a new feature some people may find useful while writing this response essay on a common SexLab complaint/problem. Any interest in a hotkey to switch between using the race specific and non-race specific animation adjustment profiles during animation? Not sure many would really make use of it or need it really, I imagine it could be semi useful though when having alignment problems.

Had a thought for a new feature some people may find useful while writing this response essay on a common SexLab complaint/problem. Any interest in a hotkey to switch between using the race specific and non-race specific animation adjustment profiles during animation? Not sure many would really make use of it or need it really, I imagine it could be semi useful though when having alignment problems.

"SexLab defaults to using the race+gender combination of adjustment profiles, so any adjustments you make to a female breton and a male orc playing"

Change into "size 0.96" and "size <whatever the size of orc>" is? Its more about size then race.

"Ultimately this means more and often repeated adjustment work, but as you play and build up more race+gender combination profiles, you'll have more consistently well aligned animations."

Create a forum post (sticky) called "Share your SL settings", where users can upload  their own settings files. ... lets someone else do the job :P This assumes that settings are external files, not Skyrim save.

Can you add option that "resize to 1" is for NPC/NPC and this specific race/race (size/size) is PC only? For me, NPC/NPC just has to be good enough, but I like a bit more precision for PC.

"SexLab defaults to using the race+gender combination of adjustment profiles, so any adjustments you make to a female breton and a male orc playing"

Change into "size 0.96" and "size <whatever the size of orc>" is? Its more about size then race.

"Ultimately this means more and often repeated adjustment work, but as you play and build up more race+gender combination profiles, you'll have more consistently well aligned animations."

Create a forum post (sticky) called "Share your SL settings", where users can upload  their own settings files. ... lets someone else do the job :P This assumes that settings are external files, not Skyrim save.

Can you add option that "resize to 1" is for NPC/NPC and this specific race/race (size/size) is PC only? For me, NPC/NPC just has to be good enough, but I like a bit more precision for PC.

If PC alignment is the only thing you truly care about, than just make your PC's adjustments in race profiles, this way you can selectively align to various vanilla npc races. Aligning your race+gender to a 0.96 standard isn't going to throw off the vanilla NPCs of the same race and gender using 1.0 by any large appreciable amount, and if you're using a custom race that vanilla NPCs are typically using, then it's entirely a non issue as you'd be keeping separate adjustments from NPCs regardless and they'd continue on using their own profiles defaulting to the global profile is they don't have their own, in which case you could probably switch to global profiles so your adjustments affect all race+gender combinations in that animation. Or just leave it on race+gender let NPC's continue using whatever your current profiles or default sexlab has set, declaring them good enough.

What is the state on creating temporary objects? Is anyone using those? Are there any good examples?

I'm trying to figure out the life cycle of NewAnimation and ReleaseAnimation/ReleaseOwnerAnimation. I can't figure out when Release is supposed to be called, and if it's safe to call it in the OnAnimationDone event.

Another thing that may be an oversight is that you can Release animations that aren't Ephemeral, meaning that registered animations can be destroyed. I think it would make life cycle management a lot easier if that was not the case. Now you don't know if the animation you just played is registered or if it should be Released. (I do realize how to write the code to check that, but it would make things easier if you could assume that only temporary animations could be Released.)

Disclaimer: I may have totally misunderstood what New/Release is for. In that case, please educate me. :)

We can always use more animations it seems though at some point we may end up exceeding the limits of Papyrus (what brain dead dipshit at Bethesda thought that 128 was a good limit for array sizes?).

Performance reasons. Why use 4 bytes when you can do the same with 2 bytes? For the developers it was more than enough and they surely haven't thought about modders who might need more than 128 entries.

We can always use more animations it seems though at some point we may end up exceeding the limits of Papyrus (what brain dead dipshit at Bethesda thought that 128 was a good limit for array sizes?).

Performance reasons. Why use 4 bytes when you can do the same with 2 bytes? For the developers it was more than enough and they surely haven't thought about modders who might need more than 128 entries.

On the other hand, two bytes of memory is more or less entirely irrelevant, with modern machines / gaming consoles. It's just yet one more symptom of a terribly designed language. Dynamically sized arrays (Much less the inability to allocate arrays greater than 128 entries) existed back when machines had < 1 MB of memory, much less the current status quo.

On the other hand, two bytes of memory is more or less entirely irrelevant, with modern machines / gaming consoles. It's just yet one more symptom of a terribly designed language. Dynamically sized arrays (Much less the inability to allocate arrays greater than 128 entries) existed back when machines had < 1 MB of memory, much less the current status quo.

Two bytes is large enough to handle integer values +/-32767, a value of +/-128 can be held in 4 bits (one half of a byte) or positive only integer values from 0 to 255.   The only reason I can think of for keeping such small arrays is a deliberate attempt to keep scripts from using larger chunks of memory and increasing the load on a bad memory management system. 

Two bytes is large enough to handle integer values +/-32767, a value of +/-128 can be held in 4 bits (one half of a byte) or positive only integer values from 0 to 255.   The only reason I can think of for keeping such small arrays is a deliberate attempt to keep scripts from using larger chunks of memory and increasing the load on a bad memory management system. 

Yes, I know; I meant that, from a language design perspective (And this is coming from someone that's written a language without the use of bison/flex), severely restricting the arrays is not worth saving 2 bytes. :P

I'm trying to write a scene where a fully clothed NPC fondles a naked heroine in public

I figure I can use StartSex as a template for the function, and Arrok Standing Foreplay seems to have the animation I want. Depending on how the player wants to RP it, the PC can either endure this or respond. Where I'm a little stuck is that

1) I may only want the male half of the animation

2) I want the male to remain clothed

What's the best way to go about it? Do I have to register a new sl animation? Or might I be better off using debug.sendAnimationEvent

Oh, I also want a repeat of the same scene, but with the guy standing behind. Hmm... it's going to be tricky finding a suitable responsive option for that one...