SexLab Framework Development

EDIT: Noticed that there's already a discussion on this topic. Revised my post as such.

I can't think of any naming conflicts. "zbfWornGag" is probably safer, though, if you're worried.

It is possible to manually specify strip slots (MCM and when you start the animation) to avoid gag slots. If you manually strip slots, would you still get sounds? (Assuming the gag doesn't have NoStrip and still was not stripped.)

It works by detecting the gag keyword on an item it's attempting to strip, so if the customized strip slots doesn't ever attempt to strip the gag it wouldn't be detected.

Which now that I think about it would be an issue, I should probably switch it to checking all slots rather than just the slots being stripped.

There are mods that override sounds when actors are gagged. Will they still work? (GagSFX: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/794-gagsfx/)

Depends on how those mods work, which I don't have time to check right now. If they work by creating custom SexLab voice sets and forcing an actor to use that voice, than they would break since this change means completely silencing SexLab voice sets. If they work through their own voice system they should still work.

If this all sounds troublesome to you, I can remove it. Somebody suggested a gag check to me, and it was simple enough to implement so I did. But since it's your mod and Devious Devices that would be most affected by this change, if either you or the Devious Devices authors disagree or have a better solution I'll remove it or alter as requested.

GagSFX works by setting the player voice, afaik. Perhaps if it were possible for mods to disable this blocking behavior (A flag or some such that they could set), it would be best?

I'm fine with the change as a whole: I would request the ability to exclude gags from this behavior however, such as the Ring Gag (Currently contains the "zad_PermitOral" keyword).

I'm kind of hesitant about this feature. First of all, I prefer the moans to silence, but this is my personal preference.

Since SexLab doesn't deal with gags and such, it's probably also not the best equipped mod to detect if an actor is gagged. For instance, the keyword that all gags have is zbfWornGag (that is the intent, at least), but this is hard to know if you're developing SexLab and not ZaZ/DD.

Imo, it would be better to let mods such as GagSFX handle this functionality. GagSFX can add a silence option if that is what some prefer. Or, you could also incorporate what GagSFX does into SexLab.

Eventually it can also get really confusing to a mod author if too much magic is happening. I know I would be kind of confused debugging why suddenly there are no sounds in Prison Overhaul, for instance. (Luckily now I know)

Edit: May as well append here as well. As Min points out, if it's easy to disable this behavior, then I think this could work. Though, as I said before, I prefer mods like GagSFX (or default moans) to continue working rather than have default silence.

Yah I think there's no need to incorporate it into the framework when the framework can already be used (as shown by GagSFX) to add that functionality through an external addon n_n i think it would be best for everybody if SL left gags alone to avoid obsoleting existing mods and save yourself some developement time too!

<snip>

Yah I think there's no need to incorporate it into the framework when the framework can already be used (as shown by GagSFX) to add that functionality through an external addon n_n i think it would be best for everybody if SL left gags alone to avoid obsoleting existing mods and save yourself some developement time too!

Fair enough, I'll remove it from the release.

Both you and Germanicus try again using the 1.59 update, only don't use the updated SexLab.esm file included, just the other files in the archive + the papyrusutil update ontop of a 1.58b install.

Thanks for the testing effort by the way.

OK. Updated SexLab overwriting PapyrusUtil update on top of 1.58b worked. (scaling rollback worked too)

Updated PapyrusUtil overwriting Updated SexLab - CTD on loading a game.

Same as Quisling.

Not entirely sure what either of you mean. Is it crashing with just 1.58b and the papyrusutil update or not?

When I overwrite SL 1.58b with papyrus update, there is no problem. All works fine, but it crashes when overwrite 1.59 with esm enabled or disabled from load order.

Please forgive my English. I know what I want to say, but sometimes it is hard to express myself properly.

When I overwrite SL 1.58b with papyrus update, there is no problem. All works fine, but it crashes when overwrite 1.59 with esm enabled or disabled from load order.

Please forgive my English. I know what I want to say, but sometimes it is hard to express myself properly.

Does it work if you use everything from 1.59 EXCEPT the esm file?

Yes, it works, except 1.59 esm file.

So to confirm, everything works, the 1.59 update and papyrusutil 2.5, so long as you DON'T update the esm file?

Sorry for late answer, I was absent. Yes, it is exactly as you said.

well that's confusing, cause I haven't a clue what I changed in the esm file, I included it in the 1.59 patch solely because Git told me it had changed since last commit :s

Ashal, I do not know what to say. I'm a total idiot when it comes to scripting and programming. I just reported how my game is behaving after installing those files.

If you want to me to check again or if you have new suggestion, I will gladly do it.

I'm not saying you're wrong in you're report, I don't doubt what you say is true. Just that I haven't a clue what might be the reason. And that you should keep an eye out the next releases of SexLab as I'll be paying attention to your experience more than others.

well that's confusing, cause I haven't a clue what I changed in the esm file, I included it in the 1.59 patch solely because Git told me it had changed since last commit :s

About to go to work, or I'd try this: can you not rename one, load them both in tes5edit and see what's different?

Ashal, I do not know what to say. I'm a total idiot when it comes to scripting and programming. I just reported how my game is behaving after installing those files.

If you want to me to check again or if you have new suggestion, I will gladly do it.

I'm not saying you're wrong in you're report, I don't doubt what you say is true. Just that I haven't a clue what might be the reason. And that you should keep an eye out the next releases of SexLab as I'll be paying attention to your experience more than others.

No problem, sir. If I might be of any help, beside named areas, I will gladly do it as I already did several mod testings and bugs reporting so far for several modders. :)

There is a "compare to" function in TES5Edit that can use plugins outside of data.

There is a "compare to" function in TES5Edit that can use plugins outside of data.

I think it's something to do with localisation. The bad esm has extra stuff in the File Header about “Localized IsPerch AddOnLODObject TurnOffFire TreatSpellsAsPowers” and all the names of forms in it are “Error: No strings file for lstring ID 00000037”

Hello mr Ashal beta 159 crashes at startup

Ras Cock

That isn't very informative ^^ Someone would probablish be able to tell you more if you posted your load order and mentioned whether you have downloaded the right versions of all requirements.

Hello Mr. Ashal I Have Loaded

FNIS 5.1.1

SKE 1.7.1

Sexlab 1.58b

PSQ

SC07SexLabRandomAttack_20140629

ZazAnimationPack_V0561

SexLabWorkingGirl

Creature_Features_1_0_4

SexLab NudeCreatures v2.2.0

SexLab Stop Combat 1.02

Works with the normal setting

Ras Cock

Ashal:

Downloaded Sexlab Framework 1.59 Beta Test patch 2

Installed Patch as instructed

Ran Wrye Bash, TES5Edit, GenerateFNISforUsers as per usual  -- no errors or warnings

No CTD noted, however:

On first load of any save this came up:

post-24528-0-87362200-1407256487_thumb.jpg

Tracked down the issue to Schlongs of Skyrim version 2.05.032

It has it's own embedded copy of Papyrus version 2.3

Resolved by installing PapyrusUtil version 2.5 from PapyrusUtil thread (your post)

Just a heads up, there are many mods "including" versions of various utilities

{JContainers, PapyrusUtil etc} instead of just listing them as requirements.

With Schlongs of Skyrim as popular as it is, when 1.59 is released, there will be much bitching over the error message.

P.S. Of all the Pinned topics, I have to apologize for never having noticed this one before. I could have helped test more. Will monitor topic.

Thanks.

Ashal:

Ran Wrye Bash, TES5Edit, GenerateFNISforUsers as per usual  -- no errors or warnings

No CTD noted, however:

Resolved by installing PapyrusUtil version 2.5 from PapyrusUtil thread (your post)

With Schlongs of Skyrim as popular as it is, when 1.59 is released, there will be much bitching over the error message.

P.S. Of all the Pinned topics, I have to apologize for never having noticed this one before. I could have helped test more. Will monitor topic.

Thanks.

You got that message because you overwrote papyrus SOS utility  ver. 2.4

Ashal:

No CTD noted, however:

Thanks.

You got that message because you overwrote papyrus SOS utility  ver. 2.4

No, I got that message because Schlongs of Skyrim gets a higher priority than Sexlab Framework with Mod Organizer.Set it lower than Sexlab framework, and game won't load.

Use NMM, install Sexlab Framework, then SOS and will still get it.