Downgrade or not to downgrade? help please.

I loved my Skyrim before the AE released but then got told i could still install Skyrim SE and still have all the mods i used to use especially so many loverslab mods if i use the downgrader mod that reverts it back to 1.5.97 i think it was or at last the version pre-big update.

However i then was about to install the Unoffical Skyrim Patch from Nexus and yet in his comments its not compatible and only with the latest version of Skyrim SE. and the author even goes on to say there is absolutely no reason to be downgrading Skyrim. 

Have all the LL mods and Nexus mods pretty much caught up now so that i dont need to use the downgrader mod? I am still very confused. I would guess if i do use the downgrader mod i CANT use the USLEEP mod? :(

EDIT: also i am findinf that i wont also be able to use Cutting Room Floor if i dont use the current USLEEP mod as that relies on it. This is so confusing.

Edited by sophiextime
38 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

However i then was about to install the Unoffical Skyrim Patch from Nexus and yet in his comments its not compatible and only with the latest version of Skyrim SE. and the author even goes on to say there is absolutely no reason to be downgrading Skyrim. 

Stupid claims as always from Arty boi. You can use this USSEP version for a 1.5.97 game. Not sure if it has any real impact TBH, I guess you could get weird things if USSEP has record changes for things that are not present in the 1.5.97 file games? But your PC won't explote or anything like that.

Have all the LL mods and Nexus mods pretty much caught up now so that i dont need to use the downgrader mod? I am still very confused. I would guess if i do use the downgrader mod i CANT use the USLEEP mod? :(

Scroll through this list and see if any of the mods you use are in red. If that's the case you have one/many reason(s) to downgrade. And in any case you will need to pay attention to every mod you want to use in case these mention any specific game or SKSE versions as requirements. This is only relevant for mods containing a DLL file, but you'd do well making an habit to check this info whenever you read the description or file info for a mod you're downloading.

EDIT: also i am findinf that i wont also be able to use Cutting Room Floor if i dont use the current USLEEP mod as that relies on it. This is so confusing.

Again smells like some stupid claim. If CRF requires USSEP any version of USSEP, SKSE and the game you use should be fine. Unless Arty went out of his way to complicate things. I'd ditch CRF without a second thought. But if you really want to use CRF and end up downgrading, get releases of USSEP and CRF from before the AE update. I gave you the USSEP link already, but I don't have the CRF at hand, maybe someone else who uses that mod can provide it or confirm it doesn't matter which game version you have.

Edited by Just Don't

@Just Don't Thank you ever so much for your swift and helpful reply and that link. I will be careful to read on each mod description and compatibility. I really wish Bethesda had never done this update as i used to love this game pre that. But hey ho, have to roll with it so thank you. I will try that USLEEP version you sent and see if my game accepts it. Really appreciate it.

Edited by sophiextime
On 3/23/2022 at 6:35 AM, sophiextime said:

@Just Don't Thank you ever so much for your swift and helpful reply and that link. I will be careful to read on each mod description and compatibility. I really wish Bethesda had never done this update as i used to love this game pre that. But hey ho, have to roll with it so thank you. I will try that USLEEP version you sent and see if my game accepts it. Really appreciate it.

As already mentioned,  If you use CRF (I avoid it  though),  you need to serch old up-loaded CRF. which made for skyrim SE (1.5.97) and old version USSEP (for SE)

current version (nexus up-loaded)CRF  is for USSEP AE and AE runtime .  I do not think it work with old USSEP (made for SE) and once CRF change something in your save data,

you should avoid to use the data with different version.. ^^;  (CRF should be mod which we actually use with clean save data I feel.  )