"What are you playing" thread

@Pinky6225, i haven't but i have seen a few lets play videos on youtube, seems pretty kool, tho don't you need to play like a monthly subscription to play it or is it free to play after buying the game?

From steam and the other thread in the general gaming (which i noticed about 5 seconds after posting here :( ) yes after the initial purchase its free so no more monthly subscription charge although it was still quite pricey at £49 when i looked (average game is £29)

personally i didn't think having a initial purchase and a monthly fee was very cool and was one of the reasons i stopped bothering with WoW as every year they seemed to want another £40 for 5 levels on top of the subscription charge

Of course, Pillars of Eternity! What else?! Yesterday not that much time but ... that damn Char creation alone made me spent about one to two hours...thoguh maybe too early for a final verdict (and as a backer I am biased anyway) but: Totally worth it if you are only a little bit interested in RPGs!

P.S. Damn you Sega and Steam ... Alien Isolation 75% off!? Argh! You are torpedoing my Pillars-Weekend-Marathon!

Of course, Pillars of Eternity! What else?! Yesterday not that much time but ... that damn Char creation alone made me spent about one to two hours...thoguh maybe too early for a final verdict (and as a backer I am biased anyway) but: Totally worth it if you are only a little bit interested in RPGs!

P.S. Damn you Sega and Steam ... Alien Isolation 75% off!? Argh! You are torpedoing my Pillars-Weekend-Marathon!

Pillars of Eternity is awesome

I'm pretty sure the loading times in Pillars of Erternity got longer from about 3s to 5+, I'm getting annoyed, nintendo did loading times better than this 20 years ago for fuck sake, I don't even want to explore anymore.

Edit: I'm done, I'll try it again next patch but I'm not playing anymore until they fix it if they ever do, exploring and talking to people is a big part of these games and that means loading times over and over again, between 3 and 5s is acceptable more than that it starts to wear on your patience.

I'm pretty sure the loading times in Pillars of Erternity got longer from about 3s to 5+, I'm getting annoyed, nintendo did loading times better than this 20 years ago for fuck sake, I don't even want to explore anymore.

Edit: I'm done, I'll try it again next patch but I'm not playing anymore until they fix it if they ever do, exploring and talking to people is a big part of these games and that means loading times over and over again, between 3 and 5s is acceptable more than that it starts to wear on your patience.

bitch about loading times shows how peasant are you

Holy smacks I finally got through Oblivion and I quit my EQ guild (I'm not crowd controlling for silly people in a zombie of a game). Starting Planescape Torment will probably go through Skyrim again since I haven't played it since it came out.

Pillars of Eternity, and god I am loving it.

Starting up, it reeked of Baldurs' Gate (which is a very good thing), the familar isometric style, party system (but better) and character look/generation, but soon it became apparent that the new might/intellect stat system is even more enjoyable than the old d&d ruleset, I am currently giving a Pale Elf a go, with a focus on intellect for aoe effects, and am finding the game moderately tough but definitely fun.

I have even stopped playing Oblivion whilst I am finding my feet in Pillars, and so far haven't found any issues with the game, that might dampen my enjoyment.

And with Tides of Numenera also due a release in the near future, which is an very promising crpg style game, this is a good good time for lovers of the true classic style of rpg's.

Not really, its similar to bg2 battle system or Icewind Dale.

With some impoertant upgrades. For example its easier now for tanks to engange and "bind" enemies, keeping them off of our mages. Though its a bit tricky to get used to in the beginning...and lots of micromanagement. It may lack the enviromental "puzzle" aspect of Divinity, which really was fun to play...but...at the end of the day, the semi-realtime pausable combat BG-style is just more my kind of thing...

Maybe we should make a separate PoE-thread ... :dodgy:

Bloodborne and Pillars of Eternity are eating up any free time I have right now, great games both. Loading times never bother me tbh, I grew up with computers that used cassettes and they would take forever to load games, so a few seconds here and there doesn't phase me at all.

Maybe i'll try PoE then, buy it on GOG.com. Other question there are 3 versions cheapest is 41 euro what do i miss on the other versions(just wanne know what's difference, i will never buy more expensive ones at launch)?

if that is PoE:

Far as i know there are no difference They are the same. 

Maybe i'll try PoE then, buy it on GOG.com. Other question there are 3 versions cheapest is 41 euro what do i miss on the other versions(just wanne know what's difference, i will never buy more expensive ones at launch)?

If one buys the basic version: I have to say, you don't miss out on much. It's mostly digital goodies in the other versions, like the soundtrack, guides, wallpapers, "ringtones" etc. I got most of the stuff due to being backer, but I can't really recommend buying the "higher" editions to anyone else. I personally don't think it's worth it. The only two ingame-items you got as backer/pre-order are very, very minor and not gamebreakingly powerful, so no miss either here

I just can't seem to get a grip on the PoE combat system. Real-time with pause  :dodgy: I would much prefer honestly turn-based,

Maybe i should just give up for now and replay Orignal Sin and/or Wasteland 2. They've got better battle musics anyway :D