Even if I put me into the nettles, I have to show this.

Before, a like is nice, brings a little smile, recognizes your effort a little bit.

Thats it, not important, but a nice touch.

I publish lots of little gadgets, not to compare with real mods of the real modders.

Do those for myself, to tweak the game into a direction I want to have it.

If it works, I share it, because shared joy is double joy.

Now, look at this

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/183762-welcome-dragonborn/#comment-3652947

the questions got more likes than any of my tons of little gadgets ?

Shall I switch to ask question, if I hunt for likes ? 

No, because I don't hunt for it. But it's quite interesting to watch the behaviour. 

Recognize the man who drinks the water and not the water itself.

And no, I am not going to answer the questions, because for me this are no valid questions my opinion)

I just want to show this and maybe, it opens the eyes of some users of mods.

8 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

Thats true.

There is no differentiation.

But still it looks strange.

Not sure it would be worth adding here, although "agree" or "disagree" has been part of MTS since I can remember.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 4:18 AM, Tlam99 said:

But still it looks strange.

I do some modding now and then, though the ones I have on LL hardly even qualify as "gadgets," and nothing for the big crowds, like Skyrim. (Skyrim is well supplied.) Even so, while the most popular one has 12,000 downloads and 101 followers, it also only has 22 likes. That ratio is 600:1 for downloads, 5:1 for people who like it enough to follow.

I would encourage you to think of downloads and followers as your real "likes," instead. It sounds like you are like me and make mods mainly for yourself, and share afterwards, and I would personally recommend that mindset... it provides the best motivation to make things you'll like and are invested in, and this in turn means that there are things you can share with the community. (Disregard likes, acquire downloads.)

On 1/27/2022 at 3:58 AM, Tlam99 said:

Recognize the man who drinks the water and not the water itself.

Remember the very low ratio, and I would also put forward the idea that the people who liked the question are the type that are very critical about trying out mods before they absolutely know they will want to use it - and so it is possible (through no fault of your own) that the chance of getting this specific person, who will like the question, to also like the answer, is very low - perhaps even lower than the averages of 600:1 or 5:1 above.

Edit: On a philosophical note, by the way, it raises some interesting discussion about the perceived value of the unknown, and of human imagination (the possibilities of all the different things the mod could be) vs. reality, which can only be one thing at a time.

Edited by SexDwarf2250