Activision Blizzard bought by Microsoft

On 1/18/2022 at 9:06 AM, Gukahn said:

Microsoft is becoming the Disney of gaming industry ?

What do they own now?
Zenimax, which includes bethesda

Bungie

Ensemble Studios, so Age of empires

Lionhead Studios tho i don't think they really use both franchises rn.

Probably a couple of other game studios i don't know about and now they own Blizzard too.. Xbox starting to look weirdly sexy this year ?

This only makes them the third biggest studio.

They're still far, far behind CCP/Tencent and Sony.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:22 PM, CPU said:

And, no, companies do not do intentionally bad games. Unless it is some new sort of marketing that is beyond my intelligence.

YES, they do intentionally make bad games.  Bethesda devs who can't code, Emil Pagliarulo can't write, Todd Howard insisting that players can't fail quests, immortal NPCs, etc.  And what about ME Andromeda and the intentionally bad diversity hire decisions; i.e. animators with no animating experience.

And why do they do this?  Money and the stupidity of fans.  Starfield will come out and most people here will be clamoring for it despite FO76.

You people get what you deserve.  Preorder games, buy the seasons passes, and then attack anyone who points out the obvious so you can justify the $200 you flushed down the toilet.  Happy for you.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hiderius said:

Sony just bought Bungie and I've seen some think that Sony did that in response to Microsoft buying activision.

Unlikely. These deals can take weeks, if not months, to negotiate. They may have rushed the deal through after hearing about Activision but it's more likely Sony was already in the motions of buying out Bungie.