Lovers Animations Workshop - New Thread

That rig looks fantastic, 10/10, would animate with.

Shame I´m actually completely lost there, can´t even move one actor without the other one following him after locking it at a frame.

It´s much more advanced than Nubie´s rig, and also more than I can handle. I wasn´t even able to locate all of the bones/IK´s whatever to start with, some refuse to move, others move only a few inches. 

Hopefully others can put this to good use.

Did you activate the ik bones ?? The rig has the ability to fully disable Ik with all the bones with inf in front of the, that way you can quickly move from IK then switch FK to animate that way.

Each rig has a male and female mesh attached to it. so you can switch from gender at will.

Shame I´m actually completely lost there, can´t even move one actor without the other one following him after locking it at a frame.

Maybe you can show me what you mean by this ??

Maybe this can help how to effectively use the rig, here is an animation sample:

Project scrapped

btw is Nusbie still around ?? i have not seen him in some time.

That rig looks fantastic, 10/10, would animate with.

It´s much more advanced than Nubie´s rig, and also more than I can handle. I wasn´t even able to locate all of the bones/IK´s whatever to start with, some refuse to move, others move only a few inches. 

Hopefully others can put this to good use.

It is easy to use once you get the hang of it, just takes a bit of practice  ;)

This rig is still in it's testing phase. I was thinking of adding more controllers. To be able to control the rig itself better. Like adding more constrains to the leg. Right now you can grab the foot ik and move the entire leg around. But was thinking of adding ik for the thighs so you can make 90 degrees rotation to quickly animate the leg 90 degrees to kneeling animation easier to manage. And with with the target bone you can adjust the angle to move it more fluently around.

Also for the shoulders new controllers will be added. to have more fluent arm movements. you can have the shoulder interact more fluent when you create arm movements with the hand IK.

The pelvis and spine will get new controllers too so you can make hip sway movements. to quickly make dance animations possible,

Did you activate the ik bones ?? The rig has the ability to fully disable Ik with all the bones with inf in front of the, that way you can quickly move from IK then switch FK to animate that way.

Each rig has a male and female mesh attached to it. so you can switch from gender at will.

Maybe you can show me what you mean by this ??

Maybe this can help how to effectively use the rig, here is an animation sample:

btw is Nusbie still around ?? i have not seen him in some time.

Now this looks familiar, I can change the far right window to "action editor" to have my neat list to work with.

I guess I could simply delete all existing frames in this scene and built an animation from scratch?

Few more questions...after understanding what those layers do, I found the original finger bones and some more, but how about the head and neck area? So far I wasn´t able to change that, theres only one helper for that, which doens´t seem to move at all.

And how do I activate the IK function, if it´s disabled by default?

Every IK has a bone behind it that needs to be activated in order to work with the IK.

To work with the head and neck you have to first activate the pin behind it. you can only use 1 at a time. if you activate the headtrack you need to disable neck_Curl if you want to make use of neck curl turn of head track.

Neck and head has 2 options available neck_curl or head track camera view.

in order to activate it, select the pin and use G key to grab it and move it forward to activate or backward to deactivate the ik.

Not sure what you did, but it does not export at all for me.

Can you test if the animation i made from the rig works correctly in your game ??

At least i then know if my rig works right till i get oblivion installed again.

Are you using Dead Ringer script ?? If so did you do exactly as i said in the other thread ??

in order to use Dead Ringer efficiently you need to select all the bones from original armature switch to object mode and with it selected go to script click on Dead Ringer. and select the action you made to create the animation. The select the option same as source then start the bake process.

A new armature is created with all the action baked into a new armature rename that Scene Root. Then export the animation.

Every IK has a bone behind it that needs to be activated in order to work with the IK.

To work with the head and neck you have to first activate the pin behind it. you can only use 1 at a time. if you activate the headtrack you need to disable neck_Curl if you want to make use of neck curl turn of head track.

Neck and head has 2 options available neck_curl or head track camera view.

in order to activate it, select the pin and use G key to grab it and move it forward to activate or backward to deactivate the ik.

Got it. And I´m still struggling with the default scene you posted. When moving a character around using NonAccum, the other character seems to follow to the new position after setting the frame. Same for other bones/IKs, the other always tries to match that position. I don´t have this problem in your second scene which contains an amination.

you mean the hands ?? i have the hands of the male use the child off constrain from female pelvis you need to deselect the child off constrain or else you cannot rotate correctly.

As to why it won't rotate can you show me exactly what you are doing what is not working right ??

Bip01NonAccum is not enough when all the ik are activated, you need to deactivate the IK pin then Bip01NonAccum will rotate. but you also have to select feet and hand ik bone so all of them rotate with when you try to rotate the character around.

you mean the hands ?? i have the hands of the male use the child off constrain from female pelvis you need to deselect the child off constrain or else you cannot rotate correctly.

As to why it won't rotate can you show me exactly what you are doing what is not working right ??

Bip01NonAccum is not enough when all the ik are activated, you need to deactivate the IK pin then Bip01NonAccum will rotate. but you also have to select feet and hand ik bone so all of them rotate with when you try to rotate the character around.

I had the same problem with the characters following one another at first, turned out to be because they were both using the same action in the action editor. Either the male or the female rig needs to use a separate action.

Not sure what you did, but it does not export at all for me.

Can you test if the animation i made from the rig works correctly in your game ??

At least i then know if my rig works right till i get oblivion installed again.

Are you using Dead Ringer script ?? If so did you do exactly as i said in the other thread ??

in order to use Dead Ringer efficiently you need to select all the bones from original armature switch to object mode and with it selected go to script click on Dead Ringer. and select the action you made to create the animation. The select the option same as source then start the bake process.

A new armature is created with all the action baked into a new armature rename that Scene Root. Then export the animation.

I tested the animation you posted. It do work in-game, but was rotated with the 90 degree bug (was not facing forward, but to the left side).

Thanks for posting, then that means the skeleton for oblivion works somewhat different then fallout. When i have oblivion again i will be able to fully fix this part. Not a major problem currently, at least it works correctly in-game. Thanks for letting me know.

Until i have time to fix rotation bug use gerra script to rotate Bip01NonAccum 90 degrees to it to be forward or backwards. use +90 for forward and - 90 to backward.

Use it on the final armature who was created by bake constrain. Then export that normally.

I had the same problem with the characters following one another at first, turned out to be because they were both using the same action in the action editor. Either the male or the female rig needs to use a separate action.

yes they both needs to have there own action name or else all you be doing overriding each other. Since they both be using the same action. i should have reported this part.

No that´s not the issue, I was aware of the child off constraint.

The problem is as follows: When moving (G) either NonAccum around, the rig/character moves as a whole, as intended.

However, after setting a frame after moving the character this way, the other character/rig will also be at this position.

So, it appears like I´m controling both rigs with only one NonAccum, even if I have only one NonAccum selected.

Same problem for other bones: For example, when moving the male´s head, after setting a frame the female will change aswell.

My only guess is that *something* is still selected that shouldn´t be...

open action editor, and make sure both rig are using a uniquely named action. Like ger reported above i think i left it this way since i already created some pose to quickly make the rig forward or back ward. create new action for both rigs and give them both a unique name.

Once that is done, you should be able to animate both rigs normally without the other one interfering with the other rig.

No that´s not the issue, I was aware of the child off constraint.

The problem is as follows: When moving (G) either NonAccum around, the rig/character moves as a whole, as intended.

However, after setting a frame after moving the character this way, the other character/rig will also be at this position.

So, it appears like I´m controling both rigs with only one NonAccum, even if I have only one NonAccum selected.

Same problem for other bones: For example, when moving the male´s head, after setting a frame the female will change aswell.

My only guess is that *something* is still selected that shouldn´t be...

Are both of your animations set as having separate actions?

open action editor, and make sure both rig are using a uniquely named action. Like ger reported above i think i left it this way since i already created some pose to quickly make the rig forward or back ward. create new action for both rigs and give them both a unique name.

Once that is done, you should be able to animate both rigs normally without the other one interfering with the other rig.

Ah yes thats it. Must´ve missed ger´s post.

Now that will definitely take time to get used to it, but it looks promising.

I think i found out what caused the 90 degrees bug in my rig. When i was creating and adding the symbols to all the IK and helper bones i edit Bip01NonAccum in edit mode to face the same way as Bip01 i should not have touched it this way.

I should have left the bones in tact in edit mode and only pose mode should i have rotated this part. I will have a fix for this later today.

don't bake from the rig use the Scene Root.male or Scene Root.Female like i explained in the readme.

Never bake from rig, these bones are not in the official skeleton. that is why Scene Root.male and female are supplied with.

So far, animating itself works. But when I try to bake it, I end up with "please select at least one object", even if I have a scene root selected from the outliner on the left side.

read the tutorial:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18277-lovers-animations-workshop-new-thread/page-16?do=findComment&comment=472063

before doing that, first be in pose mode select all bones and then switch to object mode by clicking oops not alt tab but ctrl tab. then use dead ringers scripts normally if you don not select all the bones the baking will fail.

It says you need to have all bones selected then switch to object mode before you can even use Dead ringers script.

You are using Dead ringer script right ??

If not then just make sure you are in the correct layer and have Scene Root.Male and or female visible in object mode and selected go to script screen, script screen animation window and select bake constrain from the option window.

Out liner is not enough you need to have skeleton visible from the correct layer. like i posted in readme. Right now they are set to hide so unhide it first.

Press 6 on your keyboard to move to layer 6 and have the Scene Root selected then bake script will work.