fuckin' rigging, how do they work? magic or some shit.

ok, so i've been trying to learn how to rig animals,so im working on this silly one trying to make a car you can ride, unlikely to be realistic in the slightest... anyway, i couldn't find a rigged horse mesh with low enough vertices and 0 rotation+transition, so i used human base, took a horse bone and had the skin instance point to that bone instead, this tilded the mesh 90 degerees forward, i ran it through blender, that removed the 90 degree rotation(i dont have any import options like that enabled)....

anyway, to finally get to the point:

1.how do i make a blank skin partion from scratch?

2. skinned objects with transitions and rotations that arn't 0, how does that work?

3. is there a thing like gerra6's mesh rigger that works with creatures

4. any of y'all interested in gag mods?

gerra6's mesh rigger works with Creature Skeleton. ( the undead )

I once used a half Skeleton and add a Flower vase.  A Flower vase with skeleton legs.

And it works with dogs. I used it a lot with LoversBitch dog dicks. To add the new penis bones to old dick nif.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TDA said:

How can  help you? And in what?  - take 3d Max, Blender, model and make a new skin - a long and painful ...

Ask him,

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/5381273

constantly rigs animals under the human body, like she wrote that uses blender auto-rig.

I have Blender, I just simply wanna convert outfits for different body types.
Is it that difficult? In my head it sounds like it would be easy.
I just don't know how to attach a rig, The one and only tutorial I have found on Google is for an old version of Blender, which I don't know how to translate over to new Blender

10 hours ago, xXDeliteXx said:

I have Blender, I just simply wanna convert outfits for different body types.
Is it that difficult? In my head it sounds like it would be easy.
I just don't know how to attach a rig, The one and only tutorial I have found on Google is for an old version of Blender, which I don't know how to translate over to new Blender

I won't help you with outfit-studio, I only know how to patch bodies in skyrim - that's it.  If you know how, tell me.

• 9 months later...

Magic? Feels that way almost to me, I still don't know what I'm doing. Last time I went into how I rigged stuff I had the e-version of a small angry mob on me. So the fast but fool version, follow at your own risk and whatever. I use blender 2.49b. This is just basic creatures without special effects for the most part. In short, its more approachable to copy a skin and rigging (or at least the vertex group list) off something existent than it is to DIY.

The first step is planning, to find something already in game in some way that has, a base mesh, the basic requirements are;

skeleton+anims

a mesh making use of above that's weighted, rigged and all of that

a shape even so vaguely similar to the new mesh that you wish to rig, even if you have to really deform it in blender to match it

So if you have those things you're set, you could even rig some blank obj from somewhere with no rigging, no skeleton, nor anything else (hopefully has a UV map, those are a pain to DIY and there's youtube videos for that), won't look great may take a bit, but this is Oblivion.

If you remember Growlf's blender rigging tools back in the day this uses a really similar technique.

Import your new mesh you hope to bring into Oblivion,

Then import the base mesh and play comparative anatomist, make the new mesh line up to the old base one best you can, helps if you have skeletons and such so you can get everything right on, sometimes you don't have anything and have to eyeball it, sometimes the meshes are different and there's only so much you can do on the fast but fool.

Delete skeletons and materials of the new, well maybe not any new one's rigging/weight paints if you're so lucky to have it, then you may just have to rename it, change some material properties and such, or maybe you should delete them. All depends on what you're trying to do on that last point and what you have.

Then the real controversial steps; move the base mesh comfortably far enough while leaving the new one at the old origin site, and join it to the base (you can fix the texture path and material property issues later). Open up whatever edit menu, assign all vertex groups of the new mesh to look as similar as you can to the base mesh, so it doesn't look so horrible. Basically part 2 of comparative anatomy, and part 3 too if the new mesh had 0 rigging since you'll have to select areas and apply them to the base's vertex/weight groups manually. If you're doing this in batch and everything is similar enough any programmable gaming mouse/keyboard can automate some of it.

Once you've made everything look as close as you possibly can delete the base mesh and continue on with your new cobbled up Franken-mesh as you would with a new pair of pants, selecting export as creature seems to have intermittent results in game for me, ymmv maybe.