Mad Science For Dummies

Sup Dudemer, first of all, I love the work you do with this mod!

Since you requested some suggestions for the morphs, here is what I think:

-The morph-slider for the claws (slider 1) should be stronger. I´ve currently set it to 200% for a more menacing look since I feel the standard 100% is a little underwhelming for the intended purpose.

-This is just personal nagging but I fell the feet should stretch a little more. Not as much as on your cow morph but somewhere in-between to more closely resemble the anatomy of Dearhclaws.

-The "belt" that enables the morph is currently atatched to the chest, am I right? I think it should orientate itself on the abdomen, since with my current slider values it somewhat clips into the back arch of the body. Also I think it should be moved a little bit downwards to resemble more of a high-waist belt than a "ribcage clamp". I think it would look best if it were positioned between the 1st and 2nd pair of abs, just above the navel.

I know that this might sound like I don´t apriciate the time and effort you put in your work, but that is definitely NOT the case! I just want to help you make your content even better since I am not able to do awesome stuff like this myself. So please keep up your brilliant work and have a nice new years eve ;)

18 hours ago, MeepTheChangeling said:

Copy the morphs over to the Fusion Girl body just like you would an outfit, but then save it as a body, not an outfit.

Okay my expertise in using Outfit Studio is fairly primative. I have done the CBBE To Fusion Girl conversion several times with other outfits and DD's. But I've never made new sliders or copied sliders and when I save a conversion I simply use the 'Save' or 'Save as' option in OS. I don't know how to save a project as a body, not an outfit. I either had the reference body with the project or just the outfit when I'd save it.

I do appreciate the quick response and the help Meep.

7 hours ago, MeepTheChangeling said:

I cant remember off the top of my head, but I'm certain you can easily find a tutorial on youtube. Seddon probably has one.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:13 PM, bwagdog669680 said:

Okay my expertise in using Outfit Studio is fairly primative. I have done the CBBE To Fusion Girl conversion several times with other outfits and DD's. But I've never made new sliders or copied sliders and when I save a conversion I simply use the 'Save' or 'Save as' option in OS. I don't know how to save a project as a body, not an outfit. I either had the reference body with the project or just the outfit when I'd save it.

I do appreciate the quick response and the help Meep.

To save as a body:  In the "Outfit/Body bar, select one of the body references.  In this example, the Fusion Girl: Nude body. Click Build at the bottom center to save the slider settings as your femalebody.nif.  This will be your base body during the game.  Choosing this option will save your slider settings to the body itself.  Then in the lower left corner, tick the "Build Morphs" box and click Batch Build.  This will save the slider settings to every outfit that you "batch build.'   In the box next to Outfit/Body, where it says HWTW FG, you can open the drop down menu to select individual slider groups.  Most outfit mods will have slider groups built.  If they don't, it's easy enough to learn how to make your own.

image.png.37120fb0ff16fd764f0ef7117ffd3ec3.png

To save as an outfit, open the dropdown menu and pick one specific outfit.  In this case,  Type3Boots_FG.   Click build in the bottom center to apply the slider settings to this specific outfit.  I don't know why anyone would go this route, but I guess its a thing.  Choosing this option will save your presets to this outfit only. image.png.e4404a4ac7f455729b77e7c92e736313.png

7 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

To save as a body:  In the "Outfit/Body bar, select one of the body references.  In this example, the Fusion Girl: Nude body. Click Build at the bottom center to save the slider settings as your femalebody.nif.  This will be your base body during the game.  Choosing this option will save your slider settings to the body itself.  Then in the lower left corner, tick the "Build Morphs" box and click Batch Build.  This will save the slider settings to every outfit that you "batch build.'   In the box next to Outfit/Body, where it says HWTW FG, you can open the drop down menu to select individual slider groups.  Most outfit mods will have slider groups built.  If they don't, it's easy enough to learn how to make your own

I understand this. I know about batch builds, morphs, base game bodies, outfit/body, presets and slider groups. (Mostly) I am talking about Outfit Studio. The Cow Armband (for this mod) is a CBBE outfit. To convert this outfit to Fusion Girl I have to send the outfit to OS, follow the steps in the above (earlier in this thread) posted tutorial. Then send the conversion back to Body Slide and refresh the slider group. Problem is that the mod outfit has extra sliders and I don't know how to copy them.

6 hours ago, bwagdog669680 said:

I understand this. I know about batch builds, morphs, base game bodies, outfit/body, presets and slider groups. (Mostly) I am talking about Outfit Studio. The Cow Armband (for this mod) is a CBBE outfit. To convert this outfit to Fusion Girl I have to send the outfit to OS, follow the steps in the above (earlier in this thread) posted tutorial. Then send the conversion back to Body Slide and refresh the slider group. Problem is that the mod outfit has extra sliders and I don't know how to copy them.

Gotcha.  If the sliders aren't needed, you can delete them from the outfit.  If they are needed, then you'll need to look up outfit slider tutorials.  Those are beyond my skillset.

5 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

Gotcha.  If the sliders aren't needed, you can delete them from the outfit.  If they are needed, then you'll need to look up outfit slider tutorials.  Those are beyond my skillset.

Yeah, me too. I'll keep looking for tutorials, this one is not easy to find. Thanks anyways.

9 minutes ago, bwagdog669680 said:

Finally figured out how to put a screenshot up. (I hope) This is Fusion Girl DD's on the CBBE body. Some clipping, but I think it doesn't look too bad.

20211223183633_1.jpg

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't DD designed for the CBBE body?  Why not just use the original mod and not the FG compatibility?

3 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't DD designed for the CBBE body?  Why not just use the original mod and not the FG compatibility?

Future hoping I guess. As this mod is just an outfit mod right now, I don't want to change all my other clothing/animation mods back to CBBE. If I (or someone else) can get this mod converted to Fusion Girl, then I'll be set up and ready to roll as soon as starter quests and whatnot come out. Right now I only use this mod when I feel like running around as a cow. ha ha.

20211231160524_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Darthzabi said:

help BTM 4 does nothing shows no info or any command id to get the belt am i doing something wrong or what? yes i built the body in bodyslide and installed using NMM

First, test that console is working correctly. Open with the ~ key, and then type TGM. Console should respond with "God Mode Enabled". If it does not, you've got serious problems with your install, and will likely need to do a full wipe.

If console appears to be working correctly, and entering the command "Help BTM 4" is not returning an ARMO formid (remember that you may have to scroll through multiple returns using the PgUp key), then you have an install problem with the mod. Examine your data/meshes folder. You should see a sub folder titled '_AHID'. This is where the .nif files for the mod are originally installed if it's loaded correctly. /data should also contain an ESP file named (_AHID)_Mad_Science_For_Dummies.esp. 

Not trying to be harsh, but if you're still using NMM, that's probably the culprit. It's a thoroughly outdated program that, while a great tool years ago, leaves fragments and load order problems all over the place because it directly edits the /Fallout 4/Data directory. Vortex, although it's 'Mod Organizer for Dummies', at least uses a virtual file tree and avoids direct edits. Ideally, if you're going to be regularly hot-swapping mods, you should be running Mod Organizer 2.

I've also found a few other hu-cow type mods. Barbarous Continent has costume + milking mini-quest. Milking and Devious Costumes + WDF replacer Mod has a Hu Cow outfit similar to this mod, which goes mostly with the Wasteland Dairy Framework mod, but there may be some integration possibilities with this Mad Science mod. Combine that with the 'Crawl on all Fours' mod, I think some good stuff can come out of it.

20211231160640_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, UnimpressedJawa said:

First, test that console is working correctly. Open with the ~ key, and then type TGM. Console should respond with "God Mode Enabled". If it does not, you've got serious problems with your install, and will likely need to do a full wipe.

If console appears to be working correctly, and entering the command "Help BTM 4" is not returning an ARMO formid (remember that you may have to scroll through multiple returns using the PgUp key), then you have an install problem with the mod. Examine your data/meshes folder. You should see a sub folder titled '_AHID'. This is where the .nif files for the mod are originally installed if it's loaded correctly. /data should also contain an ESP file named (_AHID)_Mad_Science_For_Dummies.esp. 

Not trying to be harsh, but if you're still using NMM, that's probably the culprit. It's a thoroughly outdated program that, while a great tool years ago, leaves fragments and load order problems all over the place because it directly edits the /Fallout 4/Data directory. Vortex, although it's 'Mod Organizer for Dummies', at least uses a virtual file tree and avoids direct edits. Ideally, if you're going to be regularly hot-swapping mods, you should be running Mod Organizer 2.

ill try uninstalling and reinstalling the mod first, im only using NMM because the link for MO2 doesnt work for me (dunno why was super frustrated by it at the time never went back) and im not using vortex because alot of people have told me it has alot of issues. At this point ive so many mods that switching over seems like a huge pain in the ass for little benefit as i rarely have issues with NMM. Actually if this is NMMs fault it will be my first problem as most of my mod issues were me being a noob and not having the right file downloaded.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, Dudemer said:

Well the polygons are not aligned between the 3BA and cbbe for fallout so you going to have to make your own version of my TF Sliders for skyrim se BAC. The reason for this is 3BA has a higher polygon count then cbbe and they don't share the same mesh between the feet and the body, Making it harder to remake my Sliders. Nice try my Dude though.

I might be persuaded in the far future to make custom sliders for 3BA for BAC but not right now.

Whelp, couldn't figure out how to make my own sliders so I hack and slashed the body meshes and after a few days of work stress and head ack this is a custom follower I modified with the resulting body mesh. Looks ok with no major issues except a neck gap that I think is more related to changing the body from UNP to 3BBB. 

20220103202604_1.jpg

4 hours ago, ShirouKaz said:

Whelp, couldn't figure out how to make my own sliders so I hack and slashed the body meshes and after a few days of work stress and head ack this is a custom follower I modified with the resulting body mesh. Looks ok with no major issues except a neck gap that I think is more related to changing the body from UNP to 3BBB. 

20220103202604_1.jpg

Good work My dude :) .

Just to let people know, i successfully equipped the outfit and im using Fusion girl body. Im not sure how much functionality the outfit retains, it has no Physics for example and i dont think the body sliders work for the outfit but it can be equiped and it looks fckn sweet.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:55 PM, Krazyone said:

Be nice, if it's an Alternate Start, Save Game File mod as well.

Nora wakes up, naked and looking nothing like she was when she entered the Cryo Stasis Tube. Finding she's been injected with some drug, that turned her into a Brahmin Woman hybrid.

Features...

- Save Game File, with Mod-List to get the same character as you have in the screenshots.

- Unable to wear clothing, only collars, helmets, masks, gloves and arm armour. Her altered chest and legs, blocking all other clothing.

- Permanent body change, you have to deal with what has happened.

- Armband not needed in Save Game Alternate Start.

- Story and a Lore note on nearby desk. Nothing fancy, Just a single Note on it's own layer, to prevent breaking Precombines and Previs's...

- Start with a few Perks and SPECIAL Stats at beginning, such as Slugger.

- Power Armour Blocking, Chest Blocking would stop it being equipped. Auto unequips Power Armour, after 30 Seconds. Too painful...

Would go well with...

- People Collars

- RXL Collars

- Devious Devices... only Collars being equippable, using Roggvirs Devious Devices Items Manager for Violate.

- The Raiders Pet add-on for Violate

- Wasteland Dairy... it has a lot of Milky content.

It would be fun, to have a limited clothing, Brahmin Woman, Alternate Start. With a Mod-List that you'd need to get your character looking nice like yours... Nothing fancy needed...

Just an Idea... If you don't like it, it's too much trouble, or you have other ideas, then just ignore this post... :)

This would be nice and there does exist some alternative start mods for Fallout 4 already but nothing like Skyrim's Content Consumer addon for Skyrim's Alternative Start mod. If something like that existed this idea would be perfect but even without that if there was a way to just have an option to play as a Brahmin Human Hybrid at beginning of game just like you propose that would be nice too.

6 hours ago, LinksSword said:

This would be nice and there does exist some alternative start mods for Fallout 4 already but nothing like Skyrim's Content Consumer addon for Skyrim's Alternative Start mod. If something like that existed this idea would be perfect but even without that if there was a way to just have an option to play as a Brahmin Human Hybrid at beginning of game just like you propose that would be nice too.

The alternate starts for Fallout 4, some are really sophisticated. There are a lot, I just recently played a lot of them, with Nuclear Winter starts. I had to eventually quit them, as they were far too tough. I got up to level 26, with no Purified Water production, almost starving to death each day, and only a dozen bullets.

- Horizon

- Frost

- Fallout 2287

and I've tried a lot of others...

But my proposed alternate start, wouldn't need anything big. My own alternate start mods, only make minor changes to Nora's body, Perks, Stats, and starting clothing.

The way I'd do it, would be.

1. Start in Cryo Room.

2. Start with Cow Transformation, no armband needed.

3. Add a Note to say what happened, to her inventory.

Hiya Nora...

Enjoy your new look, it's permanent...

We tested you with a few new drugs while you were asleep.

You'll find yourself stronger, but unable to wear clothes with your new look. Save for some shoulder 

armour and gloves.

You may feel a pain in your chest, you're producing Milk now. You may wish to make a deal with the

local Farmers to Milk you daily, as they are going to get bigger each day, until you get Milked.

Your also going to find yourself getting weighed down by them, until they're milked. Reducing your

Carry-weight daily, as the Milk in them weighs you down.

Another thing, is that you're Pregnant. Yes... that's right pregnant, expect to be birthing a baby

Brahmin Girl in about 9 months time.

Don't try to get it aborted, we have inserted a bonding chip in your Brain. You won't be able to even

ask a doctor for an abortion, finding yourself having a little Brahmin Child, that you'll adore as much

as your first child, Shaun...

I've sent out some envoys into the Commonwealth, to get the settlements ready for your arrival.

No need to thank me, you'll need the Caps from getting Milked. As getting Milked, is going to be your main

source of income from now on.

People aint gonna pay you much for anything you bring them, for fear of a visit from the Institute...

You may have to make some deals, signing some contracts though... If you ever want to stay in good

enough condition, to search for Shaun.

Your new Pal... Conrad Kellogg...

Enjoy your new life...

Just a possible idea, for a new start...