Final Fantasy 7 Remake

16 minutes ago, xrorebt said:

Anyone happen to know where we stand as far as model imports go?

Model replacements are already a thing. I'm willing to bet that any imports will be possible as UE4 importing is pretty easy (with a few recent exceptions I have found). Modders would just have to make their edited models and lay them on the compatible skeletons so the animations aren't wonky. That's the part that will take the most time.

i think the problem now is getting the models back into the game. Apparently SE uses a customized version of Unreal Engine, that's like a hybrid of version 4.18 and 4.20. That's where the problem is, because you cannot import the models back using either 4.18, or 4.20, you have to use the exact same version SE uses, i believe. So unless some genius make a customized version of Unreal engine, just like the SE's version, we are only limited to model swapping and hex editing.

The modeders can easily import the models in, if the Unreal Engine is the same version. However, most modders are good at modding only, modifying the game engine itself requires a whole new skill set, because you need to build the Unreal Engine from source file.

Edited by leo277
Additional comment
On 12/21/2021 at 8:04 PM, RomeoZero said:

That Ryan Reos again that use licensed company assets from games to sell it to noobs as his authorship. NFT will fix all that shit  in the future.

You will own nothing and you will be happy.

P.S. do you like NFTs and crypto because you believe you can or will effortlessly make "your riches" off of them?

4 hours ago, Ninomae Takonis said:

The mods have already come in here twice to purge the thread. Can we maybe not start a debate on fucking NFTs of all things now? It is not related to the game.

That's why I suggested creating a summary topic that would be locked by the mods till the first nude mod is released. (A proposition which seemed to have fallen on deaf ears by the mod I quoted. As I kind of need him/her to lock the thread or else the same thing will happen there.) This is going to keep happening. We are all wasting time, bored, waiting for our wishes to be fulfilled. So discussion will veer off. As obviously, all the actual modders are on discord trying to figure this out. So all of us primarily end users are just left with what to do to fill the time. As a result, this has become a BS thread. Not a modding thread. As clearly, the modders aren't here. They found their haven where they can work quietly and plug away at the issue.

Edited by Hakufu1021