{UPDATE - 2014 July 06} Teen Monli Race

I've decided to go with the teen option.  This way, you can have a young race, still use the nude textures, and not break any rules.

This will be awhile as I'm tackling the issue with the persistent neck seam (darkness where the neck connects to the body).

If you have decided to make teen race then why not do something like skykids but in this case SkyTeens for vanila races and with vanila stats?

I noticed that Monli was using all that was available for vanila races (armor, clothes, hairstyles) so that approach is better then armor patcher and different patches that skykids are using, also that means you could just reuse bodies for vanila races and textures to avoid your neck seam problem.

In this case the only job you would have to do is create a race and face presets, everything else is pretty much done.

I think I narrowed down the cause of the neck seam.  Tried various textures and combinations and noticed some did not show any discolorations.

Here's what she looks like so far.  The first shows the problem I was experiencing, the second shows improvements.

post-64505-0-77356200-1403464777_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-98415300-1403464778_thumb.jpg

The CBBE body needs some tweaking to make her look like a teen rather than a young adult.

As for a teen race in the same vein as Skykids, I'll think about it.  The beast races I'll need help with (oh right, not going to happen).  I'm busy with other matters, atm, so updates and such will be sporadic.

I can't seem to find the mod for the race itself. Sorry if i'm just blind or dumb but could you please post the link here?

Edit: Actually after reading a little more it seems like you're fixing the mod. Sorry i didn't read that first, I've been dragged all over to new and old versions of this mod trying to get it to work properly with the glossy skin, freckles and everything. It's been a little stressful this being my first time modding a game like this so please excuse any derps i make.

Edit2: If you send me the original race via Skype or something i could ask my friend to re-skin them in underwear. Not 100% sure if he would be up to it but i can ask.

Edited by Tewi Inaba

I'm remaking them as teens.  I had to make new bodies with bodyslide, but keeping the original (nude) textures.  The new Monli files will be ready this week.

If your friend can help with the textures so that the original bodies can be used, let me know and I'll send them to you by pm.

I think I narrowed down the cause of the neck seam.  Tried various textures and combinations and noticed some did not show any discolorations.

Here's what she looks like so far.  The first shows the problem I was experiencing, the second shows improvements.

attachicon.giftm1.jpgattachicon.giftm2.jpg

The CBBE body needs some tweaking to make her look like a teen rather than a young adult.

As for a teen race in the same vein as Skykids, I'll think about it.  The beast races I'll need help with (oh right, not going to happen).  I'm busy with other matters, atm, so updates and such will be sporadic.

Looks great, hope the facial features don't get too mature, I like the doe eye kinda fairy tale innocent face. Looking forward to your release they look great. :)

Update

In keeping with the LL's rule on mods featuring child contents, I have removed all files that are in violation of the rules.  Most likely, I'll re-release the Monli as an adult or teen race unless someone can help with making the UNP Unified and CBBE/UNP Petite bodies non-nude.  Considering the vast choices of (nude) textures, editing them to be non-nude is quite the task for me alone as I'm overloaded with other matters.

If no one can help then my only choice would be to release them as adults/teens with adult body options.

Any chance you'll upload the original monli race on a site like mega?

I installed the edited textures of the mod today for some testing. The bra dosn't look correct if the breast size is anything other than flat. Also for some reason the textures seem to be crashing my game. I didn't think a texture would do this but i don't have the problem when i use the original textures you sent me. Any idea what would cause this?

Also i wouldn't stop working on the teen body just in case my friend can't textures working properly. If all else fails I do know a few other people i can ask for help, ut that could take a few weeks.

But don't worry i'll try until either i get an acceptable texture or until I've exhausted every single possible solution. Sorry for making you wait.

Did you optimized the textures?  I use this optimizer and there is also SMCO.

Don't worry if nothing is going as planned.  I appreciate you help, but if you feel like backing out of this then that's fine.  If the textures only look normal with the flat-chest then go with that.  The UNP Unified body will be removed or included with the teen options.  I'm going back to adding underwear or bikini to the body mesh.  The first time I had problems, but after succeeding with the Elins, I'm going try again with the Monli.  If you decide to continue with the texture edits and complete them, I can include them as optional textures.

Take your time.

Did you optimized the textures?  I use this optimizer and there is also SMCO.

Don't worry if nothing is going as planned.  I appreciate you help, but if you feel like backing out of this then that's fine.  If the textures only look normal with the flat-chest then go with that.  The UNP Unified body will be removed or included with the teen options.  I'm going back to adding underwear or bikini to the body mesh.  The first time I had problems, but after succeeding with the Elins, I'm going try again with the Monli.  If you decide to continue with the texture edits and complete them, I can include them as optional textures.

Take your time.

I do intend to see this through but i think it would be better if i learned a bit more about modding before i continue. gonna hit the books WIKI and try again.

I think the reason i was crashing was because there was a conflict between the CBBE mods  and UNP mods i was using. To make things worse, the ECE mod stopped working prpely too, for some odd reason the only tab available is "start", and it doesn't do anything. Which is weir since it was working fine before.

So i'm gonna do some reading, remove and reinstal all my mods, do a virus scan, take my computer to an exorcist to check for evil spirits and hopefully come up with a solution before long.

Update

In keeping with the LL's rule on mods featuring child contents, I have removed all files that are in violation of the rules.  Most likely, I'll re-release the Monli as an adult or teen race unless someone can help with making the UNP Unified and CBBE/UNP Petite bodies non-nude.  Considering the vast choices of (nude) textures, editing them to be non-nude is quite the task for me alone as I'm overloaded with other matters.

If no one can help then my only choice would be to release them as adults/teens with adult body options.

instead of throw it all away.. :lol: you simply apply the underwear coverage by deafult not be unequipped/not removable in-game, so that the user who download will have Always the underwear to cover the original nakedness body textures, so you do not have to change/modify anything, just cover them as they did with Poet Follower who has a lot of time on the Nexus and visible to all, the author of Poet follower has used this system to cover nakedness  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45862/?

deafault underwear for coverage not removable in-game on Poet Follower, all in good standing even for Nexus, is the simplest solution, as well as effective! ^_^

I'm going to add underwear to the Petite bodies just like I did with Elin 2.

is the Best choice! ^_^

the scales 0.92 for Elin and 0.94 for Monli, how much is that in cm in reality ? or with respect to the deafault average height of a Breton woman ? :)

Female Bretons are .95 scale according to http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Breton, so only a bit smaller.

many followers, even on Nexus, have a height equal to -12 or -1 of ECE slider height, I have not the slightest idea what is equivalent, we are more or less of US "4 feet and 11.1 inches" or EU "1,50m", more or less..  is highest of skyrim children, but lower of Breton.. :)

we are called, people of small stature, height only in terms of course! ^_^

Ellen Page = 1,55m

Juno Temple = 1,57m

Natalie Portman = 1,60m

Salma Hayek = 1,57m

Kylie Minogue 1,52m

Merura folower = http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29804-merura-new-stand-alone-follower-by-yui0820/