1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

Well this is a real head scratcher.  I tested a bunch of fresh games a came up with the following results:

1- BLTC addictions work when only CAM is loaded.

2- BLTC addictions work when only Smokeable Cigs is loaded (nicotine addictions also work).

3- BLTC addictions DON'T work when CAM and SC are loaded at the same time.

4- SC addictions DON'T work when CAM is loaded.

So there is something odd going on with the interaction between SC and CAM.  I briefly thought I'd found a culprit when I noticed that CAM includes several of the same scripts as SC.  However, the file dates/times are exactly the same, and it didn't matter which mod I loaded first, nor whether I used the ba2 version of CAM or the loose files version.  Plugin order didn't seem to matter either, which makes sense because CAM and SC use none of the same forms.

Bottom line, I'm not sure how to resolve your issue.  It'd take a deeper dive and a healthy dose of reverse engineering to untangle the conflict.  The only thing I could patch would be addictol (and similar cures) like I did for SC; that'd make sure addictol doesn't cure cum, but since you're not currently getting cum addictions, that feature seems a bit superfluous. ?

Thanks for looking into it.  If nothing else, at least my question wasn't boring...

Just now, MrNicoras said:

Thanks for looking into it.  If nothing else, at least my question wasn't boring...

Do you think CAM's system of trackers overcomplicates the addiction mechanic to the point of breaking it?  Because Smokable's nicotine addiction matches up with vanilla, whereas CAM has this whole convoluted mechanic.  And come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had one of the addictions he adds to the game.  I've gotten buffout, jet, and alcohol addictions, but never caffeine. And thanks to Flashy's AN76 and the need for perpetual sleep, I drink the shit out of nuka cola, which should trigger that addiction...

10 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

Do you think CAM's system of trackers overcomplicates the addiction mechanic to the point of breaking it?  Because Smokable's nicotine addiction matches up with vanilla, whereas CAM has this whole convoluted mechanic.  And come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had one of the addictions he adds to the game.  I've gotten buffout, jet, and alcohol addictions, but never caffeine. And thanks to Flashy's AN76 and the need for perpetual sleep, I drink the shit out of nuka cola, which should trigger that addiction...

It's probably to do with CAM's addiction manager perk.  It alters the overall addiction chance based on your level of addiction to individual chems.  The actor values that track addiction level start out negative, so for a while you end up reducing addiction chance for any chem by a decent amount.  Perhaps there's something in SC that amplifies this effect.  I'm not sure what exactly, because nothing stood out when I went poking around.  Nonetheless it's easy to see for yourself.  This little test patch just deletes the part of the CAM perk that alters overall addiction chance.  Addictions from SC and BLTC work immediately with the test patch loaded in a new game.

Note: It's not meant to be a true compatibility patch, just a demonstration.  It might have other downstream effects on CAM. 

CAM_test.zip

4 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

It's probably to do with CAM's addiction manager perk.  It alters the overall addiction chance based on your level of addiction to individual chems.  The actor values that track addiction level start out negative, so for a while you end up reducing addiction chance for any chem by a decent amount.  Perhaps there's something in SC that amplifies this effect.  I'm not sure what exactly, because nothing stood out when I went poking around.  Nonetheless it's easy to see for yourself.  This little test patch just deletes the part of the CAM perk that alters overall addiction chance.  Addictions from SC and BLTC work immediately with the test patch loaded in a new game.

Note: It's not meant to be a true compatibility patch, just a demonstration.  It might have other downstream effects on CAM. 

CAM_test.zip 488 B · 0 downloads

Thanks. I'll look into it.  I just started a new game after doing a complete reinstall onto a new drive, and it's causing all kinds of problems. (I tried to just move a bunch of folders and files instead of doing a full reinstall from the ground up, and its been ridiculous how many problems that's caused.)

• 2 months later...

Love the mod! How long are the pallatives supposed to last? I took one and it seems to be taking forever to end? been about a week in game time.

Edit: So I loaded up xEdit. I noticed the duration is 129600. I am unfamiliar with the duration. Is it real time seconds or in game time?

Edited by NewtoMods96
New information
3 hours ago, NewtoMods96 said:

Love the mod! How long are the pallatives supposed to last? I took one and it seems to be taking forever to end? been about a week in game time.

Edit: So I loaded up xEdit. I noticed the duration is 129600. I am unfamiliar with the duration. Is it real time seconds or in game time?

xEdit duration is in real time seconds.  Converting 129600 seconds gives us 36 hours real time, which would be... round about 30 days in-game time at standard time scale (3 min RT = 1 hour GT).  That means I probably intended the set the duration at 36 hours game time, but entered the real-time amount accidentally.  I'll scale it back to a few in-game days if I ever release another version of this mod.  Otherwise, consider it a freebie for the hard work of obtaining the ingredients.  ?

Also keep in mind that the palliative stops working if you have sex with that type of partner again.

14 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

xEdit duration is in real time seconds.  Converting 129600 seconds gives us 36 hours real time, which would be... round about 30 days in-game time at standard time scale (3 min RT = 1 hour GT).  That means I probably intended the set the duration at 36 hours game time, but entered the real-time amount accidentally.  I'll scale it back to a few in-game days if I ever release another version of this mod.  Otherwise, consider it a freebie for the hard work of obtaining the ingredients.  ?

Also keep in mind that the palliative stops working if you have sex with that type of partner again.

Ok, thanks for the swift reply! Have a nice day!

• 4 months later...

I have a question about cum collection.

Spoiler

How is that meant with the quests that Krista gives you to collect cum?
Do I need a mod that is specifically designed to persuade my target to have sex? If so which one would you recommend.
Or how is that meant to collect the cum?

One more thing, could you please make the mod a voice dubbing. Maybe with xVASynth, that should make it easier, but I'm not a mod author, so I don't know. Here is also a guide to it, but I fail already at step one because creation kit tells me something about several masters and I therefore do not come further.

Edited by N.Gamma
4 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

I have a question about cum collection.

Hide contents

How is that meant with the quests that Krista gives you to collect cum?
Do I need a mod that is specifically designed to persuade my target to have sex? If so which one would you recommend.
Or how is that meant to collect the cum?

One more thing, could you please make the mod a voice dubbing. Maybe with xVASynth, that should make it easier, but I'm not a mod author, so I don't know. Here is also a guide to it, but I fail already at step one because creation kit tells me something about several masters and I therefore do not come further.

Any sex with a partner of the correct race will advance the collection quest.  This blurb is from the Provocative Perks description but it applies equally well to BLTC:

"[This mod] does not include a native mechanism for starting a sex scene. Therefore, the specific method of completing this quest objective is open-ended. Unless you wish to strictly use the AAF Wizard, it is recommended that you install one of the many excellent mods that facilitate such activities. Some options include Sex Em Up, AAF Violate, Sexual Harassment, Animal Seducer, Hardship, and others. Sex does not have to be consensual to count for quest completion."

As for voices, my experience playing with xVA is that it takes a ton of effort to create okay-ish spoken dialogue. I've heard some AI generators might be used for the purpose now. TBH, either way, it's not a feature that interests me enough to put in the effort required. Patches are always welcome though!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FluffyFlomS said:

Hey I'm loving the mod, but yesterday I noticed that my game instantly crashes if i talk to krista or a doctor about cum addiction. To be more specific, it crashes the instant i pick a dialogue option (happens with all options). I have no idea what could be the cause.

Funny you should bring that up.  I encountered the same issue yesterday on a playthrough with several new mods.  Buffout crash logs were not helpful. 

So instead I spent a while turning mods on and off in fresh games.  The culprit, for me, turned out to be Performout Base.  It pitched itself as a texture replacement set.  However, when I actually dug into the ba2 files, it included quite a few base game scripts and other assets.  I can only conclude that this caused all sorts of overwrite conflicts with the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch and F4SE.  The mod also seems to be deleted from Nexus when I checked just now.  Bottom line, if you have Performout Base installed, I recommend disabling it and see if your issues resolve.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Look up about two posts.  ?

Nice. But that doesn't apply to me. In the end, i was able to get through with a few reloads and careful saves prior to talking to her. I think I initiating dialogue with her when the forced dialogue based upon proximity to Krista wanted to start. Not the best  but I am not blocked. You just have to be persistent.

• 1 month later...

I'm curious about the mod and would like to try it. Is the installation during a run unproblematic?
I also use SA, SH, AN2, Provocative Perks. And I'm playing in survival mode. I also use TruePerks for this, so I'm not sure if you know the mod and were able to check for compatibility.

And does the patch for Smokable Cigarettes mean the mod Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save?

@N.Gamma

I saw that you created voice files. Is a german translation (MCM, text) also planned?

48 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Is the installation during a run unproblematic?  I also use SA, SH, AN2, Provocative Perks. And I'm playing in survival mode.

It should be fine, as far as I know.  This mod doesn't change (or depend on) base game quests or characters in a way that would make mid-game installation problematic.  I use (or have used) all of those mods concurrently with BLTC.

51 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I also use TruePerks for this, so I'm not sure if you know the mod and were able to check for compatibility.

BLTC's base mod doesn't touch any of the vanilla perks so that mod is probably alright.  You should just avoid using the BLTC patch I wrote for Chem Resistance perk.

53 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

And does the patch for Smokable Cigarettes mean the mod Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save?

Correct.

I think I noticed a small bug. Nothing of major significance.

The way I play is that I place objects on the floor and then use them straight away. I noticed that sperm in the bottle cannot be placed properly on the floor and can then no longer be used. That looks something like this:

image.jpeg.e1103668db9df386de7ed00b5320c423.jpeg

image.jpeg.554d5a485e8259a1ff233ee56aac4187.jpeg

The bottle somehow floats. And you can't do anything with it anymore. However, it can be consumed normally (from the inventory).

Edited by deathmorph
37 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I think I noticed a small bug. Nothing of major significance.

The way I play is that I place objects on the floor and then use them straight away. I noticed that sperm in the bottle cannot be placed properly on the floor and can then no longer be used. That looks something like this:

image.jpeg.e1103668db9df386de7ed00b5320c423.jpeg

image.jpeg.554d5a485e8259a1ff233ee56aac4187.jpeg

The bottle somehow floats. And you can't do anything with it anymore. However, it can be consumed normally (from the inventory).

Usually that's a sign that the mesh is missing a physics node. I have a recipe for copying physics into meshes without (and vice versa), so can outline the steps in Nifskope if that's helpful for fixing it.

44 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Usually that's a sign that the mesh is missing a physics node. I have a recipe for copying physics into meshes without (and vice versa), so can outline the steps in Nifskope if that's helpful for fixing it.

I guarantee that any model I assigned to the potion record is a vanilla object.  I'm not inclined to mess with it (although the offer is appreciated).  If the mesh indeed lacks a physics node, it's probably easier to just select a different model in CK/xEdit.

I just re-read page 1 and am a bit confused. If my actress has reached addiction level 1, she will be clean again after a relatively short time. Is this intentional or do I need to start troubleshooting?
Because on page 1 I only read something about a breadcrumb search when I was at a doctor.