24 minutes ago, MotoRider42HC said:

Can I uninstall SoS even with the broken DLL, then continue playing the game, then re-install SoS once the DLL is fixed?  I've been seeing mixed answers about it...

It's safest to roll back your Skyrim and mods to whichever version was last working for the save file in question (presumably with the SoS DLL version). Then, wait for SoS AE (the DLL version available on this thread OP) to be updated for SKSE 2.1.5.

I doubt we'll be waiting on it for too long. SoS is a well-used mod and AE is STARTING *glares at Bethesda intently* to stabilize a bit. I don't know nearly enough about the differences in save data between the DLL version and the Papyrus version to say what happens to a save if anything. Maybe there are no issues at all converting back and forth, but if you would like to test it...back up your saves and expect things to break.

Regarding complete removal of mods from a save (in this case SoS), there are better resources available for how to properly do that. I don't recall if SoS has its own 'prepare for uninstall' option in MCM. If so, the process should be pretty straightforward. There may be other uninstallation documentation in the README or on the main thread somewhere. You'll have to check it out.

Edited by SlicedBread

Anyone happen to have a time when we will be obtaining sos ae update?

I know it should happen soon since SOS is a very widely used mod, but just curious if anyone has any plans on updating this and releasing it.

Since surely there is more than just this creator who made an updated dll of SOS for Skyrim AE.

Also anyone know the maximum plugins for Skyrim AE?

I have 290 plugins including the creation club stuff that is forced upon you when you install AE, and all my mods are still working.

38 minutes ago, Critical Thrust said:

I know it should happen soon since SOS is a very widely used mod, but just curious if anyone has any plans on updating this and releasing it.

Since surely there is more than just this creator who made an updated dll of SOS for Skyrim AE.

I have 290 plugins including the creation club stuff that is forced upon you when you install AE, and all my mods are still working.

You have to be patient I too am waiting before I update, but I understand these things take time.  The modder is doing this for free.  They are not getting paid and are under no obligation to release the SOS AE patch.  We just have to sit back and wait.

54 minutes ago, Critical Thrust said:

1. Hopefully eventually.

2. 256 ESM/ESP + 4096 ESL/ESPFE, at least in theory. The game + official DLC take up the first 5 ESP/ESM slots, ESLs entirely reside in 1 slot (FE), and one is reserved for temporary objects (FF), which means the real limit is 248 ESP/ESM files, and 4096 ESL/ESPFE files. CC content however, adds more mandatory usage. 64 ESL files, and a further 10 ESP/ESM files, which means there's a theoretical max of a further 238 ESP/ESM files and 4,032 ESL/ESPFE files.

30 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

1. Hopefully eventually.

2. 256 ESM/ESP + 4096 ESL/ESPFE, at least in theory. The game + official DLC take up the first 5 ESP/ESM slots, ESLs entirely reside in 1 slot (FE), and one is reserved for temporary objects (FF), which means the real limit is 248 ESP/ESM files, and 4096 ESL/ESPFE files. CC content however, adds more mandatory usage. 64 ESL files, and a further 10 ESP/ESM files, which means there's a theoretical max of a further 238 ESP/ESM files and 4,032 ESL/ESPFE files.

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1311573&key=56dfab77a60da81a22d54c194b48551b

Try this patch it seems to have worked on my game.

Erstam's PapyrusUtil version performs better for me than any of the previous dll versions have. The momentary blip when a character has no underwear and no genitals is now completely gone, making it the first time I've seen undressing so seamless. It also integrates painlessly into an existing SOS save and cleans up its own data. I've no problem with making this transition permanent.

7 hours ago, heyheyheydf said:

Erstam's PapyrusUtil version performs better for me than any of the previous dll versions have. The momentary blip when a character has no underwear and no genitals is now completely gone, making it the first time I've seen undressing so seamless. It also integrates painlessly into an existing SOS save and cleans up its own data. I've no problem with making this transition permanent.

It works mid save?

31 minutes ago, RandomKhajiit said:

no update ehh, running out of valid reasons to check now days

2 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

What if they say... no? :D

2 hours ago, PhnxKng said:

Please update to Skyrim AE version 1.6.353 ?

I'll update when I get to it. If you don't wanna wait, turn off updates or use the no DLL version until AE quits updating.

I tried to switch to the address library last update but I couldn't get it to compile.

17 minutes ago, chuckseven1 said:

I'll update when I get to it. If you don't wanna wait, turn off updates or use the no DLL version until AE quits updating.

I tried to switch to the address library last update but I couldn't get it to compile.

Like last time, take your time. I really appreciate your work and know you have a life. I'm making due with the papyrus version for now and I recommend the rest of us use that, if we can, to play in the meantime. I would suggest you use that method with a separate save. I thought I heard that swapping things around on the same save may cause issues. Let's be patient, all.

48 minutes ago, chuckseven1 said:

I know you're getting bombarded by "UPDATE WHEN?!" clowns every which way but take as much time as you want, there's no rush to update anything if you don't want to.

1 hour ago, chuckseven1 said:

Yeah I know you will get to it when you get to it. My 'What if you say no?' was because when I check on threads I like to see things other then 'when will the update be?' I am bored of reading those comments :D I want to see cool things like suggestions for new features or thanks for good mods.

Shame this is probably going on all year whenever Toddy drops an update to the base game. Everyone should be focusing their ire at Toddy... :D

14 hours ago, moonlesssky said:

Like last time, take your time. I really appreciate your work and know you have a life. I'm making due with the papyrus version for now and I recommend the rest of us use that, if we can, to play in the meantime. I would suggest you use that method with a separate save. I thought I heard that swapping things around on the same save may cause issues. Let's be patient, all.

wait... there is a papyrus version? where?

Please help with my problem.

While waiting for "SOS AE", that was working perfect for me with 1.6.342 and SKSE64 2.1.4, I disabled "SOS AE" and installed "SOS PapyrusUtil version Beta 4 (UPDATE)" now that I'm on 1.6.353 and SKSE64 2.1.5

On NPCs they were in underwear.

I ended up disabling "Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Full version", that I was using, and installed:

"Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Light Version - part 1 of 2-7902-2-05-1601297612"

and 

"Tempered_Skins_for_Males_-_SOS_Light_Version_-_part_2_of_2_v2.051"

My schlong is working correctly on my female character (using "TRX - Futanari Addon123")

but on an NPC, they still have the underwear but also has the schlong (that is controllable with "Page up" and "Page down", BTW)

here's a picture of the strange look that I can't figure out how to fix:

NPC

Edited by charley02

I ended up trying to use the papyrus version until this update was made, and now the body and hand of my character and the npcs are gone I have a floating head and a flying piru, although it's funny does anyone have any idea how to fix it? I already tried:  reinstall the body mod and not work, remove the sos and reinstall and not work, remove the body and sos mod and not work, remove the papirus version and reinstall this version that worked perfectly but still nothing appears.

2 hours ago, charley02 said:

Please help with my problem.

While waiting for "SOS AE", that was working perfect for me with 1.6.342 and SKSE64 2.1.4, I disabled "SOS AE" and installed "SOS PapyrusUtil version Beta 4 (UPDATE)" now that I'm on 1.6.353 and SKSE64 2.1.5

On NPCs they were in underwear.

I ended up disabling "Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Full version", that I was using, and installed:

"Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Light Version - part 1 of 2-7902-2-05-1601297612"

and 

"Tempered_Skins_for_Males_-_SOS_Light_Version_-_part_2_of_2_v2.051"

My schlong is working correctly on my female character (using "TRX - Futanari Addon123")

but on an NPC, they still have the underwear but also has the schlong (that is controllable with "Page up" and "Page down", BTW)

here's a picture of the strange look that I can't figure out how to fix:

NPC

The setup that works for me is this order:

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts

SOS SE 1.1.4 (dll files removed or disabled)

SOS PapyrusUtil version Beta 4 (UPDATE)

Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Full Version

Hope that helps

I'd have to say that my only issue with the Papyrus version is that everyone has inhumanly sized dicks. An 8 in AE isn't an 8 with Papyrus. I'm happy to say that this is my only issue. I usually fix npcs, that I want to see naked, on the fly. After trying both, I much prefer AE and would recommend it to others. Papyrus is just my band aid. Don't get me wrong, it's a damn good band aid and I love that it exists.