New Vegas NVSE and 4gb

I need both NVSE and the 4gb loader for my mods but how do I get both to load at the same time? If I use the 4gb loader it won't load nvse.

I have DVD version too , seems that new version of NVSE4Gb (1.6) accuse my FalloutNV.exe or something as being either non original , either changed . Because i do not know which mod (or mod manager) changed it and i do not want (or like) Steam i downloaded old version of NVSE4Gb (it is on same link you have) and it worked . 

Newer is not always better .

About *ahem* - http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Ultimate-Edition-Pc/dp/B004Q7D9M4/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1370289119&sr=8-11&keywords=fallout+new+vegas ( i am not saying i have this one , this is only 1st DVD version i found to show you they exist .

About why new NVSE4Gb (1.6) not working , i probably fucked when switching between Faked Fullscreen mod and normal start , game asked me something about some files being read only ... blah, blah , i just pressed ok , do what you want just start the game .

If i reinstall clean , it would probably work .

There is no such thing as a Non-Steam copy of Fallout New Vegas.  Any legal retail dvd requires the Steam client.

Any Non-Steam versions are simply pirated.

Now, to answer the original question.

The 4gb thing on the NVSE site does work.  I use it as well so Bruces above post is correct.

Yeah man, DVD or not, it will not run without Steam, which is probably the source of your problems.

The first thing it does before play is connect and download all the latest files and patches, etc, and it does that through steam. If it can't do that, it won't run properly.

So the answer to your problem is - if you really have a legitimate copy, as you claim you have, then run it through steam. Report back here if the issue persists.

I'm trying to start the game with that one and I have a Steam version but I get "application load error 5". This happens whatever method I use. I installed it in D:\SteamLibraries and the game worked when I had done a fresh install. It was after I installed a lot of mods and nvse that this error occured. Is there any workaround or do I have to re-install on C:?

On a related side-note, how do I know if FNV4GB is running correctly? I take a glance at my task manager from time to time with NV open and the RAM usage doesn't seem to go past 1.3GB, and yet I'm occassionally getting the ``huge red exclamation mark mesh errors'' and textures being randomly swapped.

On a related side-note, how do I know if FNV4GB is running correctly? I take a glance at my task manager from time to time with NV open and the RAM usage doesn't seem to go past 1.3GB, and yet I'm occassionally getting the ``huge red exclamation mark mesh errors'' and textures being randomly swapped.

Nothing to do with the 4GB loader. Hal says he's seen this happen when you just have too many (non-mod) files installed in the data dir. It might be related to the amount of texture memory your video card has vs. how much you're trying to stuff in there.

Nothing to do with the 4GB loader. Hal says he's seen this happen when you just have too many (non-mod) files installed in the data dir. It might be related to the amount of texture memory your video card has vs. how much you're trying to stuff in there.

Well it seems that I do have a lot of junk inside my data folder, probably due to how NMM works.

Archived