OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

Just going to watch Netflix.  I'll keep the tab open and call by regularly.  I watch all my TV on the PC these days.

I was playing Horizon Zero Dawn a little while back.  Stopped the game to do something. Started it again and CTD!!!  Three CTDs!  I had to restart the PC before it would work again.

Sometimes the EXE files fall over. I've had that happen before with Skyrim, too.

Alright... SHIT! You are going to love this! I've got all mods off. 0 installed, not even FNIS. I start the game. Goes to vanilla main menu 5X5. Select new game start. When the scene starts my PC in the drivers bench, NOT ON it but in it. My view is about where the drivers ars would be. AND there are NO people to be seen ANYWHERE. OHHH, the voices are there but no bodies of any kind! W.T.F.? Vanilla game. I think I have to copy my save game folder over again, wadya think?

11 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

I think I have to copy my save game folder over again, wadya think?

When that kind of weirdness happened to me, I discovered I had some left over files in the data/skse folder that I had put there during modding.  The culprit was a DLL left over.

Also make sure you do not have any ENB files in the vanilla folders.  It has to be pristine. 

Check First:  Don't forget, if you used the .NetScriptFramework mod, you would have replaced the vanilla Binkw64.dll with the one .NetScriptFramework uses. The .NetScriptFramework Binkw64.dll is dated 22/06/2017  (22nd of June).  That file will cause problems in a vanilla game. So if you have the wrong Bink, then replace it with your vanilla backup copy.

Yes, if you keep getting weirdness, you will have to refresh the old game folder.  But look for stuff left over. You can Google search for sites that show what the vanilla game structure is supposed to be.

Edited by Bluegunk

I still have the ENB on because of my doc. .ini files, I'll remove it. I thought of the skse folder already, there was a fus ro D'oH .ini in there, removed it, but no .dll's. There are a number of leftover folders in various places, but they are all empty with the exception of a Vortex control file. I could find and delete all of them if you think I should do that.

I have DLL plugins Loader, it has a binkw64.dll in it. I have to look at the one in my save game folder to see which version it is. be back.

Wow, how do I explain this? I have Norton 360. It is an all-encompassing anti-virus\anti-hacker program installed in my computer. It handles and controls everything anti-whatever(?). To date I have not found an exceptions list of any kind, if you know where I should look for that, I could use that info. Do you remember that I wrote something about "file insight"? This is a way to get Norton to allow .exe's to work without Norton thinking it's a problem. Trust\Don't trust is what method they use. Complex. 

Here's something else, Norton has blocked my access the Windows anti-virus and firewall settings. I haven't been able to change or even find the settings for it, Windows Defender(?). Norton does a BANG UP job in stopping viruses and hackers, but it has PLAYED HELL with my games in the past. That "file insight" thing did fix that issue, with Norton NOT Windows. Windows still pulls off of my computer whatever the hell it wants to pull, THAT really chaps my hide! Haven't found a fix for that one.

"File insight" for Norton?

I use AVG. In my AVG settings I tell AVG not to do live scans on my Skyrim folders. An "Exception".    The anti-virus live monitor will often stop DLL files it does not like.

I've never liked Norton. Not since the day they stole $40 off my wife and left her with a useless anti-virus programme. Never refunded it.

Ok, I'm in. All the way to Helgen Keep, 5X5. Looks good. Bummer about your wife being ganked (ripped off) like that. I felt that way about Norton as well for a long, long time. But when I got this computer, I didn't want anybody or thing getting into it. It's only 10 dollars a month, better safe than sorry. Believe me it does have it's quirks, but so far I been able to deal with it.

So.. game works, phew! Scared me there for a minute.

Gotta do Gopher's video again. I could use the saved .ini's I have, I don't want to take the chance of a setting in there somewhere being the wrong one. Takes a few minutes to do that. I'll do another game start after that and be back with a report. SIR! (hand snaps a British salute, you know with the little jiggle at the end)lol.

LOL, jiggling is frowned on, that I didn't know. Didn't know about 2 salutes either.

Ok, just got done with the test run after Gopher's video. 5X5 to Helgen's Keep. I think I am ready to go. 

I did discover something, I have the mod DLL plugins Loader, it has a binkw64.dll. That is the same one NetScriptFramework has in it. Probably different versions though, I am going to look.

Damn, it is already past 11 there. runnin out of time for the day, just say when.

21 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

bink file, does it generate

I should have been more careful posting! It is DLL Plugin Loader that gives you the Binkw64.dll that .NetScriptFramework requires.

USSEP patch first.  I don't know about FNIS and Patches. I'm sure you'll do whatever needs doing and be OK. But do test regularly so you can roll back if you hit an issue.

Glad it's glitch free!

Edited by Bluegunk

Just looked at DLL plugins Loader mod contents. It has the June 22 binkw64.dll in it. So... ta da, learned something new today, I did. Alrighty, I got it. NSF requires DLL plugins Loader, Roger that. And bugfixes 1st, done. Well... I think it is time to start again, may it be a good run this time, I hope. I'll get started and post my progress as I go for tomorrow, ok?

Edited by BDNelson
added content
3 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

Just looked at DLL plugins Loader mod contents. It has the June 22 binkw64.dll in it. So... ta da, learned something new today, I did.

Yep - it will. Just make sure your vanilla game is using the Bethesda version until you are ready to install DLL Plugins Loader. Obviously from that point you will be on the new Bink.