OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

There is no skse.ini anywhere in my game folder, is it supposed to be in there, in the data\skse folder. I think, maybe I saw that some time ago, can't remember when. I Have skse version skse64 2.00.20. This is the one LOOT sent me to. No skse64.ini either.

Edited by BDNelson

OK. Sorry you're getting nowhere. Sometimes in the past I hit a brick wall and banged my head against it for what seemed like ages.  There's times I walked away from the game for a few months.  But in the end there's nothing quite like what this old game can provide.

The thing is, as you experience all this you get confident in what works, what doesn't and what you can and can't do.

Persist - you'll get there!

See you  tomorrow!  But I will be around a couple more hours if you want to contact.

Edited by Bluegunk

It's all good. I really should be used to it by now, after all my failures with FO3, FNV and FO4. Still kinda crushes the spirit a little.

Hey, I checked PapUtil like you suggested, 3.9.0, no AE. AE is 4.1.0, you knew that already, D'oH (lol).

I have yet to experience the 2nd half of the game. Never got into the old Skyrim much. Was just another sword and sorcery game, kinda boring. But SE, a whole different monster, with CBBE and 3BA. Wow.

So... yeah, I want to play Blaze into those upper levels and undiscovered territory, pretty bad.

Don't fret, you are doing a very good job of keeping me in the game mod mode. Thank you for that, keep it up and I'll have a working game before too long.

Believe me, it is comforting having you at my back to help, that's new. Are you playing  Skyrim yet or are you still cleaning things up?

I did want to offer an explanation as to why I'm playing those bondage mods so you don't think I'm some sort of sick fuck. It's not for the bondage per say, but the extremely difficult game play it forces my PC into. Kicking combat only, hence the Sparton Kick mod, Having to use sign language to speak to people because of a gag in her mouth. And last, but certainly not least is the ability to SHAG a dragon to death, very, very fun to watch. Blaze riding his head, naked, while the head moves to and fro. GREAT stuff.

Personally, if I ever saw any human being doing that bondage stuff to another person, I would probably TAP them on the spot. I hate slavery.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

Then there is the never-ending battle to keep her virginity and have sex at the same time. Nocturnal punishes her SEVERLY for losing it, Dibella wants her to lose it and shag every critter and humanoid in the Empire. And Mara wants her and all of her followers to get knocked up and have kids. I think you got a taste of that one already (LOL). The halo gives her a light to use too, and I can turn it off and on. Cool stuff, I'm not trying to talk you into playing the mods. I'm pretty sure THAT will get you in some trouble with the wife and kids. And they don't do anything for you, I get that too.

DON'T want that!

Edited by BDNelson
added content
9 hours ago, BDNelson said:

playing  Skyrim yet or are you still cleaning things up

I ought to be, but I'm fiddling about with mods (as I do!).  I half don't want to start in case I miss some shiny new toy to put into game!

9 hours ago, BDNelson said:

bondage mods so you don't think I'm some sort of sick fuck

Don't worry, I don't judge. You could be cannibalising vampires for all I care. It's none of my business. Anyway it's a game, not real life. After all, playing GTA5 doesn't turn me into a murdering car-jacker in real life. (I don't even have a car anyway.) Nor Red Dead Redemption a gun-toting cowboy. Not even Skyrim turns me into a sword-wielding Nord. So I'm hardly going to be bothered about who gets off on a Dragon in a game. 

Hope you're making progress on the CTD. I'm curious to know what the problem is!

Just come across a weird glitch in my game. Weapons animations are bugged right up.  Like no arrow loaded into the bow, not pulling out a sword.

Weird.

Oh, it was Combat Gameplay Overhaul. Dumped it and rolled back. That seems a buggy mod.

Edited by Bluegunk

I wanna know what is causing it too. I'll find it. But, I'm going to have to find it on install. I'm very close to having everything pulled off. I got down to body stuff, no joy. So, now I have 90% of body stuff off and nada. CTD at main menu. I'm going to 0 mods, starting over. 

Combat Gameplay Overhaul huh, I'll remember that.

Have to run some more errands today, I'll catch up when I get back. No car, kinda hard to wrap my head around that. We need cars\trucks to get around, big country, lots of empty space. Public transpo SUCKS!

24 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

No car, kinda hard to wrap my head around that. We need cars\trucks to get around, big country, lots of empty space

Yes, I know what it's like there! 

Everything's built on top of everything else in the UK. I got buses, trains a couple of minutes from our place, and an international airport 15 minutes away.  I can get to Europe in a few hours by rail. Living in a small town, I don't really need a car.

I was disappointed with Combat Gameplay Overhaul. I tried making sure there were no conflicts but the combat animations were a mess. Like: pull a bow out and there's no arrow! I could pull the string but it just went 'twang' and fired nothing. Quite funny in one way.

It's all good since I removed it.

Edited by Bluegunk
18 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

ALL govmt. offices are CLOSED

Yes. Strange how it is always the government staff that shut down first. We have the same problem here, while people running their own business are left to cope with the fallout.

I don't think we'll be in a lockdown in the UK this time around. Just run out of gas and oil instead.

Like I said earlier, I'm still pulling mods. I'm going to try and find this hang-up in my install. Do you think I need to do a game start after the installation of every mod I install? Is that how a person makes sure there are no screw ups and the game works. I don't do near that many test runs during a mod install cycle.

Is it possible that you would remember the 1st 5 mods you installed to start your mod run. I want to know if I'm even starting the mod run on the right foot, if you know what I mean. Maybe you don't, I don't know for sure that I am starting this process with the right mods. The guides I have seen have differences that have made that issue confusing for me.

Edited by BDNelson

I usually start with the mods I need to build the character (Apachii hairs, eye mods, etc) and that also means Caliente, Acro's 3BA and SKSE has to be in as well. Add to that SkyUI and UIExtensions.  I also usually put in the suite of SKSE mods like Address Libraray, MFG Fix (Opparco is deprecated now), Papyrus UTIL etc, XPMSE and Alternate Start also. I put them in in one block. They don't have ESPs so if one blows up I know it's in that batch.

The idea is I can get the preset I want up and running in the Prison Cell, then move to my usual starting  point (I like to use Lakeview Manor) to build the rest of the game.

So that's my starting load out.  No problem putting FNIS in early - you'll be needing it anyway.  Yes, I use Nemesis but if you feel comfortable with FNIS stick with it. It's pretty much proven stuff.

I usually load a few mods and then test. No more than ten at a max. If I'm loading a mod I am not used to, then I'll test after that load to make sure it works OK.  But most of the mods I use I know how they behave so I am reasonable comfortable with them.  I tend to leave the Sexlab stuff to last because it means I can get the game set up with a reasonable load out and then think about what sex mods I want at the end. I might spend time testing, rolling back, reconfiguring stuff, etc., in the end period. Which could last for ever given half the chance.

It took me to save 80 before I realised my weapons animations were broken! Back to save 30 and Combat Game Play thrown out today.

Edited by Bluegunk
I can't spell and someone rearranged my keyboard.

See, I have been doing bugfixes and unofficial patches 1st, then gameplay, utilities, modders resource and tutorials, user interface and all the stuff FNIS needs to be patched up with. I have a funny feeling I'M NOT doing this right. I'm not doing any body stuff until after my user interface and FNIS installs. XMPSE is in that bunch that patches up FNIS as well as others you described in your post. So... it looks like I have been starting off with my right foot (wrong mods) instead of my left foot (the right mods). There are a lot of mods that need to be installed just to get FNIS all patched up. Very confused. The last run I tried installing FNIS and got it all patched up before I did anything else. This included SLF, DD, 3bbb and FG with all of their required mods. That was a lot of mods installed before I even got to hair, eyes etc. Maybe I have to figure out a different approach to this?

The only major patch that needs to go in early is the USSEP one (I forgot that, sorry).

I put the body stuff in early because I need it to create the presets I download from Nexus. No point having missing hair or eyes....

Personally I would be leaving SLF, DD, Sexlab, etc. until a bit later.  I like to have the player character built, with XPMSSE and FNIS all settled. I can run around and test she works and check there are no missing limbs or neck gaps...    And I need SkyUI and UIExtensions in early because I use a 21:9 screen, which needs SkyUI and TruBy9 so I can see Racemenu properly!  Without SkyUI and Truby9 half of my Racemenu is missing.  At least you don't need to worry about that!

Flower Girls, on the other hand, does like to go in early because there are a few mods that demand it.  I see no problem putting that in early anyway.

FNIS will run on the basic game. You don't have to put all the FNIS mods in early. But I understand your FNIS build takes some time. Maybe test the game before and then immediately after your FNIS run? If the game CTDs after that process you know where to look to solve the problem.