[MOD ANNOUNCEMENT] UFAP Sexlab Extender + Tirk the Riekling UFAP Edition

Wow the scope of this mod sounds so promising! Also it looks like a lot of work to cover different scenes in different sex scenarios.

But I want to ask what level of compatibility are you looking at with other existing sexlab mods? Such as SLSO etc?

Edited by Saber2th
27 minutes ago, Saber2th said:

Wow the scope of this mod sounds so promising! Also it looks like a lot of work to cover different scenes in different sex scenarios.

It is really not that hard since Sexlab has a great animation Tagging/Type feature that provides information about sex scene is currently playing, and UFAP can (and already does) tap into that. Writing dialogues is what I expect to take the most time haha

But I want to ask what level of compatibility are you looking at with other existing sexlab mods? Such as SLSO etc?

99% compatibility with anything. Really.  This is achieved by having UFAP scenes started/processed separately from anything else (even sexlab), AND for UFAP scene to play, a mod has to be specifically made for it (hence "UFAP edition" in the example mod above). In other words, UFAP exists in its own little universe, insulated as much as possible from other mods except Sexlab itself.

And while it is definitely possible to make UFAP scenes/dialogues appear at random (during ANY sexlab animation. e.g. during SexlabDefeat bandit rape or smth), it is not the main scope of UFAP. The main focus at the moment is on follower/major NPC relationships and dialogue-initiated sex scenes, sort of like a dating sim/sex minigame.

Edited by Nexussux!

Thanks for the explanation.

Haha yes, what I mean is the dialogues. Judging from how conprehensive the dialogue tree is in your screen shots, it will be an insane amount of work.

2 hours ago, Nexussux! said:

It is really not that hard since Sexlab has a great animation Tagging/Type feature that provides information about sex scene is currently playing, and UFAP can (and already does) tap into that. Writing dialogues is what I expect to take the most time haha

99% compatibility with anything. Really.  This is achieved by having UFAP scenes started/processed separately from anything else (even sexlab), AND for UFAP scene to play, a mod has to be specifically made for it (hence "UFAP edition" in the example mod above). In other words, UFAP exists in its own little universe, insulated as much as possible from other mods except Sexlab itself.

And while it is definitely possible to make UFAP scenes/dialogues appear at random (during ANY sexlab animation. e.g. during SexlabDefeat bandit rape or smth), it is not the main scope of UFAP. The main focus at the moment is on follower/major NPC relationships and dialogue-initiated sex scenes, sort of like a dating sim/sex minigame.

Ah I see, so what was shown in the screen shots are scripted scenes that are not part of SL scenes and are played beforehand?

I definitely like the idea of interjecting UFAP scenes/dialogues during animation because immersive interactivity is an aspect that I think a sex scene sorely needs, instead of just pressing space bar to advance the stages. Even with the inclusion of SLSO's interactive minigame, it feels like it's missing something IMO.

41 minutes ago, Saber2th said:

Haha yes, what I mean is the dialogues. Judging from how conprehensive the dialogue tree is in your screen shots, it will be an insane amount of work.

Indeed. I've already made the dialogue extender (for vanilla skyrim) to allow me more flexibility in generating dialogues randomly (so not everything is 100% pre-scripted). Also, might ask for help with ideas/writing on this forum. Lots of ideamen here always ;D

You can see the extender in action on the "Select a dialogue line" screenshot. Positively impossible to display this menu with vanilla Skyrim Creation Kit.

Ah I see, so what was shown in the screen shots are scripted scenes that are not part of SL scenes and are played beforehand?

Yes, that's right. UFAP scenes are separate and semi-scripted (some dialogues are random every time), and yes, UFAP scenes can play beforehand, in the middle and afterwards.

I.e. "Dirty talk -> Foreplay -> Sexlab sex with dialogues (or w/out for compatibility) -> aftersex talk".

The way it is implemented is through vanilla Scene system, i.e. each block of this chain is a separate vanilla Skyrim scene and therefore can be arranged in variety of combinations using UFAP.

Examples:

"Dirty Talk01" ->" foreplay10" -> Standard sexlab anim -> "Aftersex talk05".

"Dirty Talk03" ->" foreplay05" -> Standard sexlab anim -> "Aftersex talk01".

Both chains play for the same sexlab anim, but foreplay and aftersex are different every time. Creation kit allows for even more randomness inside each individual block, so possibilities are endless really.

immersive interactivity is an aspect that I think a sex scene sorely needs, instead of just pressing space bar to advance the stages. Even with the inclusion of SLSO's interactive minigame, it feels like it's missing something IMO.

Can't agree more. This is something I was hoping Osex would fix (dialogues were advertised), but it seems OSA team has it on a kind of hiatus with only animations released. And since the quality standard set Osex anims is relatively high (for hobbyists here at least), nobody seems to expand on it.

Thank you for the feedback. In fact, I've just gotten some ideas... ;D

Edited by Nexussux!
17 hours ago, Nexussux! said:

Indeed. I've already made the dialogue extender (for vanilla skyrim) to allow me more flexibility in generating dialogues randomly (so not everything is 100% pre-scripted). Also, might ask for help with ideas/writing on this forum. Lots of ideamen here always ;D

You can see the extender in action on the "Select a dialogue line" screenshot. Positively impossible to display this menu with vanilla Skyrim Creation Kit.

Yes, that's right. UFAP scenes are separate and semi-scripted (some dialogues are random every time), and yes, UFAP scenes can play beforehand, in the middle and afterwards.

I.e. "Dirty talk -> Foreplay -> Sexlab sex with dialogues (or w/out for compatibility) -> aftersex talk".

The way it is implemented is through vanilla Scene system, i.e. each block of this chain is a separate vanilla Skyrim scene and therefore can be arranged in variety of combinations using UFAP.

Examples:

"Dirty Talk01" ->" foreplay10" -> Standard sexlab anim -> "Aftersex talk05".

"Dirty Talk03" ->" foreplay05" -> Standard sexlab anim -> "Aftersex talk01".

Both chains play for the same sexlab anim, but foreplay and aftersex are different every time. Creation kit allows for even more randomness inside each individual block, so possibilities are endless really.

Can't agree more. This is something I was hoping Osex would fix (dialogues were advertised), but it seems OSA team has it on a kind of hiatus with only animations released. And since the quality standard set Osex anims is relatively high (for hobbyists here at least), nobody seems to expand on it.

Thank you for the feedback. In fact, I've just gotten some ideas... ;D

Oh man, this mod looks like it has so much potential. Good luck to you, can't wait for you to release it!

Just now, Saber2th said:

Oh man, this mod looks like it has so much potential. Good luck to you, can't wait for you to release it!

Thanks! Glad to know I was not the only person who liked that idea haha. Both mods are technically playable (alpha), but the only content present is the testing scenes (4 in total). I will release the version with the "Extended foreplay" scene from above for public testing soon, if ppl are willing to bother with it that is ?

2 hours ago, Subject2Host said:

Are you also making this compatible with Skyrim SE?

I dont have Skyrim SE, so not per se (get it?). But given that the mod itself is nothing but default CK scenes with SKSE/SkyUI papyrus, it technically should be compatible when recompiled for SE, at least the dialogue/minigame parts.

Edited by Nexussux!

UPDATES:

18/10/21: Minigame code completed. The "NPC prompt-> Player response during sex" quick-time event fully working

18/10/21: Beating the minigame now can unlock extra responses/dialogues during sex

18/10/21: Added: Secret "patience" minigame - letting certain stages of the animation play for 10+ seconds without advancing further may unlock extra dialogues/responses. Player is provided (subtle) clues as to when and where to be patient so the gameplay doesn't devolve into waiting for ages at every single stage in hopes for an unlock.

18/10/21: Added: "Pleasure" score. UFAP sex/foreplay scenes now have a pleasure score. This score goes up as minigames are completed. Score starting value is 30 but can be boosted to 40 by having both actors' arousal high enough. Extra points may be scored during minigames/dialogues/hidden minigames. Finiishing the scene with high enough score may unlock extra dialogues/extra minigames/EVEN EXTRA QUEST LINES (certain followers only, subject to availability ;D).

Edited by Nexussux!
2 hours ago, Nexussux! said:

I dont have Skyrim SE, so not per se (get it?). But given that the mod itself is nothing but default CK scenes with SKSE/SkyUI papyrus, it technically should be compatible when recompiled for SE, at least the dialogue/minigame parts.

Actually if you have LE on steam you should also have SE in your steam library. It was automatically free back in the day to anyone that already owned LE.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:05 AM, Subject2Host said:

Actually if you have LE on steam you should also have SE in your steam library. It was automatically free back in the day to anyone that already owned LE.

Really? Looks like I've been late to the party. Bought skyrim key when the free SE deal was no longer in effect it seems.

Sounds really good.

Question is - whats the source for those dialogue branches? Written on per actor basis? Generated from SL stats/SLSF/adc sexlife data?

Written option sounds cool. but thats ALOT of work, basicly restricting system to a select few popular NPCs and followers.

I do like the idea, but there is an uneasy feeling it might be really hard to properly implement.

Also, whats the stance on SLSO compability? It tries to tackle the same issue but more from mechanical side. I dont imagine the two will play together nicely.

UPDATES:

19/10/21: Restructured the mod so that the scene blocks can now be very easily added using the default Scene editor. Simply put it means easier workflow and more scenes.

19/10/21: Tried my hand at .nif character modelling - not something I'm too familiar with. Tirk the Riekling has been changed a bit in line with Subject2Host's lore:

• Removed the beer belly
  • Removed most of the ugly skin folds and age spots
  • Removed bloodshot red face tint
  • Added lighter skin colour
  • Added scalp hair. Hair now has a colour instead of gray.
  • Added cleaner nails, teeth and eyes instead of original yellowish ones, as per Subject2Host's lore.
  • Added HTD and ABC compatibility. Collisions work
  • General fixes to the mesh - sharp polygons and texture seams are removed
  • General fixes to the texture - more specular reflections in-line with new skin colour.

Before and After comparison: (If Loverslab doesnt allow GIF anim to play, open image in new tab instead)

Spoiler

riek1.gif.9bf24fb1dcd870f736bfad45a52e170c.gifriek2.gif.9d4835d0ef848410378ec40bbedcc4b8.gif

Edited by Nexussux!
1 hour ago, nilead said:

Question is - whats the source for those dialogue branches? Written on per actor basis? Generated from SL stats/SLSF/adc sexlife data?

Answer - Dialogues are:

• Written per actor basis for select followers ("UFAP edition" follower), AND
  • Randomly generated from UFAP's own library for random sex encounters (can be disabled). SL stats are accounted for, but not SLSF/adc - havent played those mods, no idea what they are about.
1 hour ago, nilead said:

Written option sounds cool. but thats ALOT of work, basicly restricting system to a select few popular NPCs and followers.

Answer - that is the basic idea behind this mod. To give proper intimate relatonship and sex scenes for notable NPCs that the players are most likely to "romance". (I am aware that rieklings are not "popular" follower NPCs, Tirk is just an easy actor to test everything on.)

Random sex/rape/etc are a second priority. I DO, however, plan on making a proper general-purpose "relationship system" in style of RDS so that non-included NPCs can be UFAP-romanced. This is definitely a major objective of UFAP.

1 hour ago, nilead said:

I do like the idea, but there is an uneasy feeling it might be really hard to properly implement.

Answer - I made sure to create a pipeline for this first, hence "Universal Framework". From the technical side (scripting etc) it now takes only copy-pasting UFAP functions to make dialogues/anims appear. Writing the smut dialogues IS an issue, but hopefully if people like the mod someone could be willing to help with that. Might also copy some from Apropos or Achive of our own ?

1 hour ago, nilead said:

Also, whats the stance on SLSO compability? It tries to tackle the same issue but more from mechanical side. I dont imagine the two will play together nicely.

Answer - I havent played SLSO. From what I could fathom from its mod page, it also does the "interactive minigame" but on a more simple general-purpose terms, while UFAP is more geared towards specific NPCS, stories and scenes. If I am right about SLSO, here are some comments on that:

• From the technical side, UFAP exists in its own space and doesnt infringe on other mods - for UFAP scene to play, a mod has to specifically call for it.
  • If the mod doesnt use UFAP just having UFAP installed wont break anything (SLSO or otherwise).
  • When called, UFAP animated scenes (not dialogues) explicitly stop Sexlab animation for the duration. This means sex timer also pauses. Anything that relied on Sexlab animation will effectively halt until it resumes. Confirmed by testing.
  • UFAP scenes can be called outside of Sexlab or any sex-related mods, i.e. UFAP scenes can be run from a NPC dialogue menu like a regular vanilla Skyrim scene.
  • In any case, a UFAP-edition mod can easily add an exception to SLSO so SLSO stuff won't start or run whenever UFAP scene is called

I.e. "UFAP mods can temporarily disable Sexlab, SLSO or any other mod while UFAP scene is playing". This may not guarantee 100% compatibility, but does provide convenient workarounds.

Edited by Nexussux!

UPDATES:

23/10/2021: Animation now can be sped up or slowed down, which opened up some new possibilities. Courtesy of SLAnimSpeed mod

• UFAP now requires SLAnimSpeed

23/10/2021: Added: Semi-random generated foreplay scenes intended as a prelude for "from behind" and "missionary" sexlab animations.

23/10/2021: Added: Interactive foreplay scene where player can "make your own" foreplay sequence from the dialogue with NPC

Edited by Nexussux!

UPDATES:

24/10/2021: Added: Integration with Sexlab Aroused and Aroused creatures. Scene dialogues can now reflect the arousal state of the actor(s), and certain dialogue lines can only be said at high enough arousal.

• UFAP now requires Sexlab Aroused and Aroused creatures

24/10/2021: Added: "Dirty Talk" type of foreplay block. Dirty Talk can be started before any naked foreplay, and involves (semi-random)  dialogues about sex in general, arousal, player/npc preferences and upcoming sex. It is fully animated with "naughty gestures" type of anims from GSposes mod.

24/10/2021: Added: "Interactive Dirty Talk" type of foreplay block, where player can "make your own" dirty talk sequence - player has to select animation to play and dialogue lines to say manually from the menu.