ODefeat - Defeat Reborn

On 8/8/2022 at 6:45 PM, iSc00t said:

Has anyone gotten the ostruggle mini game to work in first person? Mine just has the player and the npc struggle on the ground and I’m forced looking straight with everything out of view until it ends. 

I’ve gotten the first person camera working great with ostim itself so I’m wondering what it might be. 

I am using SE downgraded to pre-AE of course. 

Did you ever figure this out? Or if anyone else knows why this is happening. I'm having the same problem now and have no idea what's causing it. As soon as the minigame starts, my camera is just locked looking forward until the struggle ends. I have the improved camera mod and the OStim config for the improved camera.

Edited by maldonado123
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 2:29 PM, maldonado123 said:

Did you ever figure this out? Or if anyone else knows why this is happening. I'm having the same problem now and have no idea what's causing it. As soon as the minigame starts, my camera is just locked looking forward until the struggle ends. I have the improved camera mod and the OStim config for the improved camera.

No I haven't. I stopped using odefeat and have tried some other systems since this mod isn't really being updated.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Someone92 said:

Make sure you use the right version of OSA.

The newest version causes conflict with ostim.

I see console spamming messages about "ostim: load registrations not ready", and odefeat MCM menu does not load, its just a black tab when clicked on with nothing in it, but it does show in MCM. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Edited by ShinyRiolu
1 hour ago, Duncan Idaho said:

I gave up on this and went back to the original Defeat. It has warts but it works. I'm also using Battlefuck again now that it's updated. 

Same, went to the oStim developer Discord and lots of people say that this mod is more buggy and isnt worth setting up. I tried out oDefeat in hopes it would be more polished, but maybe I will come back at a later date.

Have you followed the installation guide and installed every requirement?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/3751

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/4550

Faulty mcm might be because you miss

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/49127

In any way, the developer of this mod quit Skyrim modding, and nobody else in the ostim modding scene has interest in picking up this mod now that Yamete and especially Yamete Kudasai exists.

3 hours ago, Duncan Idaho said:

I thought those were abandoned too.

Scrab given up on working on Yamete as it was plagued by the same issues other defeat mods have, reliant lethal damage detection.

Yamete has since then been taken over by another modder.

YK in it's current form will also be "abandoned" in a couple of months. Instead it will become a SFW death alternative mod, and the current NSFW features of YK will become an addon to the DA mod.

Hopefully that will also cause other defeat mods to use that DA mod as a basis, at least optionally.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Empty MCM page issue here, thinking thats a NL_MCM problem..  for I Tried the ODefeat version 1.2, still having that issue.

For information, We're discussing with the author of the required mod NL_MCM.

Edit:

Aah okay, got it fixed. Checked dependencies (Nemesis, MFG Fix etc.) carefully and downloaded another PapyrusUtil version alongside I had previously. Works fine.

Edited by Wieczny Silver
On 2/3/2023 at 2:35 AM, E Boy said:

Hey, been wanting to start using OStim instead of SL for a while now, but the feature I liked the most about SL Defeat was that the defeat scenes could also happen with NPC x NPC. Is this also a function in this mod?

No. It's all player-centered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...