The next Xbox reveal

Guest flingingfeces

Our investment in first-party in Europe is critical. Europe is a critical market for us next generation.

We believe that if all you want is gaming, you'll still pick us, at the end of the day.

The super core guys, they will buy everything," he added. "They will buy all devices, but most people really only do buy one device, and if you're going to think about what that one device is, we believe an all-in-one system that does the best games and TV and entertainment will be something that's really unique.

2-panel-creepy-dark-stare-l.png

Well it was a bomb and literally hazardous to people's health but it didn't really hurt Nintendo any. Maybe because they had many other things going at the time.

Sure it was a bad final project for Gunpei Yokoi.. but it was still better than Sakamoto pissing on his grave years later.

It's okay, Gunpei Yokoi later made the Wonderswan.

You can turn it on its side and play vertically or horizontally! I mean, it was impressive in 1998, at least.

Our investment in first-party in Europe is critical. Europe is a critical market for us next generation.

We believe that if all you want is gaming, you'll still pick us, at the end of the day.

The super core guys, they will buy everything," he added. "They will buy all devices, but most people really only do buy one device, and if you're going to think about what that one device is, we believe an all-in-one system that does the best games and TV and entertainment will be something that's really unique.

Translation: "Stupid nerds will buy anything regardless! We can do what we like! MUAHAHAHA!"

Oh I so hope they're proven wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure the PS4 just won the next console war.

Disc-based DRM (no required online checks every 24 hours - or maybe ever - not sure).

Disc-based gaming (used games seem like they'll be the same on the PS4 as they are for all consoles right now).

But biggest for me is no required camera and mic in my gaming room (no Kinect - from what I can tell the Eye doesn't even come with the PS4).

I got a 360 early in the gen (about a year after it came out - so fall of '06 or was it fall of '07?).  I only got my PS3 2 years ago (fall of '11), and then only because there was a sale and I bought it mainly as a blu-ray player.

Initially I loved the 360 and live.  But that degraded over time.  First, the realization that, seemingly, the majority of online players were 14 year olds, and second - when Live started forcing adds down my throat even though I was a gold member.

On the PS3 - Demon's Souls was amazing.  PS+ is amazing (and Live is now copying it).  My appreciation has only grown since I've owned my PS3, which is the opposite of my 360 experience.

Add in that I don't give a crap about the TV junk on the xbone (apart from sports I don't watch live TV - unless some huge news story is happening), and add in that the PS4 is $100 cheaper, too, and I can't see how the xbone can compete.

But there's also not an Xbox exclusive that I want to play.

Microsoft can release as many games as they want and it might look cool but don't be fooled, it's still fundamentally a horrible console and good games aren't going to fix that. Not only is Sony cheaper, but you can sell and buy used games with no restrictions, no online connectivity required, no always on kinect, Online play is FREE (there is a $5 per month / $50 per year Playstation Plus membership, which gives you access to premium content and other stuff) and no tv bullshit. Probably lots more than I missed but really the main point is you aren't being handcuffed with the PS4.

Online play is not free on the PS4, you need a PS+ subscription now.

Also, the PS4 really doesn't look that much better; all of the consoles look like a complete waste of money.

[Edit]And the thing I hate most about the new consoles is just how much of a negative whiner or "Cool & Edgy" Internet person I sound like when I read back my own posts.

Oh ok you are right, it seems like everyone is giving off mixed messages can't really find a concrete answer which is really annoying.

And I agree...I am REALLY glad that I have a gaming PC. I built one at the perfect time. Call me a PC whore or whatever but I don't have to pay a goddamn monthly fee to play games online, other than the internet connection (which is included in my utilities anyway).

I've seen rub ins and I've seen rub ins, but that was just fucking fantastic. Wow, what a way to really rub it in haha.

Not that I'd ever buy a console, but if I would, its pretty clear who the winner would be. Well done Microsoft, losing sight of the prize, alienating your fanbase, making restriction rather than freedom your words of the day. Apparently resistance isn't futile!

First, this thing looks like a VCR to me, which is kind of a turn off. Also, using the game disk once, then that's it? It (the game disk) becomes useless after the FIRST Xbox One (XBO) you put it in. Although this stands to make lots of money for Microsoft (Due to the used XBO game market being nonexistent). I personally wouldn't buy into it, and would continue to play my 360 games... OH WAIT I CAN'T DO THAT. This is courtesy of the zero backward compatibility for the XBO, also killing potential sales on the spot. Finally, the whole "always on" concept just plain annoys me. For example: You're playing a game online with friends over XBL (Xbox LIVE), your internet goes out. No matter, you can just play some singleplayer offline. Unfortunately, due to the DRM present on the XBO itself, you can't do so. You just get to wait for however long your ISP takes to get your internet back up. XBO dominoes anyone? Personally, I think the name "Xbox One" comes from the 359 steps Microsoft took backward. 

Archived