Joint research regarding Crash Fixes and Crash Log v4

For about the last three, (not six) weeks or so, I have been using Crash Fixes with .ini settings of UseOSAllocators=1, CustomMemoryBlock=1, and CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb=256 combined with a fairly recent mod named Crash Log v4. There have been some very interesting results with my particular setup. However, before drawing any conclusions, I would like to know if any one else is running a similar configuration and what your results have been.

Edited. Changed six weeks to three. More accurate.

Edited by ElaboratePseudonym
Changed six weeks to three
3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

What results are you talking about?

Do you have a link for this Crash Log V4?

Full mod name is Crash Log. The results are in the reduced crash frequency category, but I have no actual evidence of cause and effect. Just "seems like". Because there are already many, many claims about "mod x or mod x+y will cure your crashing blues", I hesitated to even start this topic, and was deliberately vague in the description.

11 hours ago, 27X said:

This does nothing to fix HDT or custom race crashes.

Hence why I said "loading crashes".  OP was non-specific, but my personal experience is most people who complain about crashing without being specific are experiencing load-screen crashes.

I could be wrong, just speaking to my own personal experience here.

Okay.

8 hours ago, ElaboratePseudonym said:

The results are in the reduced crash frequency category

How often did you crash? How often does it crash now? How many problematic files or mods have you identified?

8 hours ago, ElaboratePseudonym said:

many claims about "mod x or mod x+y will cure your crashing blues"

There're all sorts of claims and there're some widely recognised tools for greatly reducing the frequency of CTDs, e.g. Crash Fixes, ENBoost and a couple of others.

4 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

my personal experience is most people who complain about crashing without being specific are experiencing load-screen crashes.

I'd disagree there and say that it's roughly evens with people (in the tech support section) experiencing random crashes, i.e. in different locations and after varying lengths of playing time. I'd maybe go further and say it is more crashes on the random front especially now that too many character animations are no longer an issue.

After more testing and consideration, I now consider the premise in the original post wrong. 

(Summary of original premise : Crash Fixes and Crash Log may be working together in unknown way to reduce crashing.)

Mistaking cause and effect of actual changes in game combined with hubris is probably not a very sound analysis technique.

15 hours ago, ElaboratePseudonym said:

Mistaking cause and effect of actual changes in game combined with hubris is probably not a very sound analysis technique.

Nice conclusion and demonstration of humility. Namaste Brethren. however every non tech / mod support thread here is powered by Hubris and outright blatant arrogance. Loverslab would have have tumbleweed's blowing through here with out it! ?

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2021 at 11:22 PM, nemocdt said:

Nice conclusion and demonstration of humility. Namaste Brethren. however every non tech / mod support thread here is powered by Hubris and outright blatant arrogance. Loverslab would have have tumbleweed's blowing through here with out it! ?

I don't know why it took so long to respond, but now I will say: Thank you for the kind words.