Questions about Posing and Animating

I've got several questions about posing and animating and hope to find some answers here :)

1. My sims aren't standing in 'one another' when I create couple poses. I always need to adjust them inGame with CTRL and LMB - Am I doing something wrong while creating poses?

2. How do I create specific animations for FF or MM?

3. Are there specific things I have to pay attention while writing the XML?

4. Can I save specific face expressions in Blender to use them later?

5. Can I reset a bone to the 'normal' position in another keyframe?

6. Do you have general tips for posing and animating?

Thank you very much❤️

1 hour ago, TakumiiSakura said:

4. Can I save specific face expressions in Blender to use them later?

You can save specific frames by adding them on the pose library with blender, under the Object Data Properties tab. I don't use it but I know it's possible.

5. Can I reset a bone to the 'normal' position in another keyframe?

Select the bone you want to reset, go to the frame you want it to be reset, press ctrl+alt+ R / G / S. R is for the rotation axis, G for the location axis and S for the scale axis. Then autolocrot or press "i" to save the frame. This works for an azerty keyboard so could be others keys for qwerty.

6. Do you have general tips for posing and animating?

Learning how the human body works.

Edited by Khlas

I've got several questions about posing and animating and hope to find some answers here :)

As @Khlasreplied, you may not get many more in this separate thread, but hopefully yes. Khlas makes some nice animations... pity for TS4, not 3. (((( I'll send you to a tutorial page by Lucas that has A LOT of animating info... here. He covered everything... I think, including how to set up the xml so your animations will play in game. There are several other things, as what tools DO you have and know to use? Poses are basically one frame snapshots, and you need the pose creator on MTS, I think by cmomoney. That is a creator tool, NOT the pose player!!! )))

@Khlas @LadySmoks Thanks both for your replies :))❤️

I'm creating poses since October 2020, I never used the pose creator, I'll look it uü and I guess that I'll look at some pose tutorial videos once again lol.

I have every tool that Lucas presented in his tutorial, it's just a bit harder for me to learn and understand everything directly since I've never done those things like working with XML. STBL etc :) But I want to help out the Sims 3 Community with some more animations?

Well, I'll see what I can do!

Thats my first frame of my first animation. But I'm super afraid to mess it up:

https://prnt.sc/175375c

I think the legs are too straight and something is also weird with the pelvis area, try to rotate it so it's more natural. If you animate like this and you need to do some movement, the legs is going to act weirdly because there is no room for movement unless they go down.

11 minutes ago, Khlas said:

I think the legs are too straight

Yes, but first efforts as they are. ) @TakumiiSakura... My suggestion... take a few apart and see what is inside! I do it all of the time with CC. I pull out a mesh, toss it in Blender and see how someone else made it. Do the same with animations. Look at them in Blender, not in game! You can see the stance and body pose used by other animators for similar to what you want, and try to recreate the pose. Click the animation frames and see the changes in each frame. ))) Of course, you need to better learn to use the tools of animating, but I think you will master them. )))

My mentor was @JoshQ, and his words are Practice and Patience! During frustrating time, he told me that HE has many failures also, but it is that you learn from them that matters. )))

26 minutes ago, Khlas said:

I think the legs are too straight and something is also weird with the pelvis area, try to rotate it so it's more natural. If you animate like this and you need to do some movement, the legs is going to act weirdly because there is no room for movement unless they go down.

Yea, I see what you mean. I will take care of those issues tomorrow and will see what I can do :)

8 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Yes, but first efforts as they are. ) @TakumiiSakura... My suggestion... take a few apart and see what is inside! I do it all of the time with CC. I pull out a mesh, toss it in Blender and see how someone else made it. Do the same with animations. Look at them in Blender, not in game! You can see the stance and body pose used by other animators for similar to what you want, and try to recreate the pose. Click the animation frames and see the changes in each frame. ))) Of course, you need to better learn to use the tools of animating, but I think you will master them. )))

My mentor was @JoshQ, and his words are Practice and Patience! During frustrating time, he told me that HE has many failures also, but it is that you learn from them that matters. )))

I always get inspired by all those beautiful animation ppl create for the Kinky World/Passion. :)))

Thank you, I really try my best! I also got a small conversation with @MaryJane and she told me that she had many issues in the beginning as well and that she had many fails. But I'll try my best!?

13 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

My suggestion... take a few apart and see what is inside! I do it all of the time with CC. I pull out a mesh, toss it in Blender and see how someone else made it. Do the same with animations. Look at them in Blender, not in game! You can see the stance and body pose used by other animators for similar to what you want, and try to recreate the pose

I never thought about this! Omg thanks for this! I will try this tomorrow :)))

33 minutes ago, TakumiiSakura said:

I always get inspired by all those beautiful animation ppl create for the Kinky World/Passion. :)))

Yes, MaryJane is great! A good person too!!!

These are now quite old, and basically obsolete, but remain the basis for many who start out animating TS3. Take interest in post #86. I actually tried animations... FAIL! But, I checked the pages at that time and remember who poster #86 is... Lady666 when she was starting out. Point is that everyone starts somewhere. )))

57 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Yes, MaryJane is great! A good person too!!!

These are now quite old, and basically obsolete, but remain the basis for many who start out animating TS3. Take interest in post #86. I actually tried animations... FAIL! But, I checked the pages at that time and remember who poster #86 is... Lady666 when she was starting out. Point is that everyone starts somewhere. )))

Oof, Lady666 was an absolute Goddess when it came to animations! She's my absolute animation idol!

I guess it's with animations like with poses and meshes, the first tries are always for personal use and just to try :))

first tries are always for personal use and just to try

I have been "making" CC from when I first began playing TS3. Making in quotes, as I really only made some small change to EA garments at first... mostly image textures. The, I began making small changes to meshes in Blender. OK... I play as vampire sims. They sleep floating above the alter. One day, I just decided they look so silly with solid bottoms on skirts and dress, so tried taking apart the few open bottom skirts I could find. 

I saw that the mesh was double and knew that must be why you see the texture on the inside, but could not figure out how it was done. I posted the question here and was fortunate that JoshQ replied. Ha! The answer was so easy... now. ))) And eventually, I uploaded my first open dress here at LL. But yes... I played with things for a long time before posting to share with others. They are nothing special, and I made them just as boot socks for my sims YEARS ago, but the socks in the set with Baby Doll, are old, and were just something for me, until I decided they worked with that character and uploaded them. Thing is, you really only need to please you. Animating is not easy. I tried and was not good at it, but appreciate the work that animators put in and all that you will be learning. Again, Practice and Patience! )))