I have a bit odd problem or bug report. It seems the mod child birth gives only male kids for me. I get a child with a female companion, but only produces males. I have a save file just before birth so I was able to test it multiple times (tried c 30 or so) and i got 0 females! I have the latest (I think) 1.9.0 version. The normal game system seems to give females too at least for NPCs (I know because also one NPC gets a kid at the same time). So it cannot be in the game side

14 minutes ago, dudeofculture said:

I have a bit odd problem or bug report. It seems the mod child birth gives only male kids for me. I get a child with a female companion, but only produces males. I have a save file just before birth so I was able to test it multiple times (tried c 30 or so) and i got 0 females! I have the latest (I think) 1.9.0 version. The normal game system seems to give females too at least for NPCs (I know because also one NPC gets a kid at the same time). So it cannot be in the game side

Maybe the base game determines sex at conception rather than birth? Or maybe a player's clan's children are treated differently?

Edited by SeranaUser

That's a limitation of the game engine for now. The game only supports lord marriage, so when generating a child it can use either the mother or father template. But the mother's template would be a companion template, and there is no way I've found yet to generate a normal child from a companion template. You always end up giving birth to a weird 30 year old, or the game just crashes down the line because something wasn't generated correctly with that child, so I just got rid of any children that will be prone to crashing the game later or used the other parent's gender template instead.

1 hour ago, Nibbler2345 said:

That's a limitation of the game engine for now. The game only supports lord marriage, so when generating a child it can use either the mother or father template. But the mother's template would be a companion template, and there is no way I've found yet to generate a normal child from a companion template. You always end up giving birth to a weird 30 year old, or the game just crashes down the line because something wasn't generated correctly with that child, so I just got rid of any children that will be prone to crashing the game later or used the other parent's gender template instead.

Ouch. There is no way to give (or alter) all the parameters individually?

At one point (long a go) I was toying in my head with an improved offspring system that would take both parents and and then produce a probable child. Like and average of the parents with some randomness (bell curve), but with correct biological chances for e.g. eye colors. And if you mate close relatives you could get some nut head looking kids ;) So that wouldn't be possible in the current system (kids seem to be copies of parents)?

Well anyone's free to use dnspy or their favorite decompiler to try and reverse engineer the Hero.HeroCreator.DeliverOffspring function. It is huge with many sub functions to analyze and since I don't think I will ever actually play long enough for children to grow up, I don't think it's worth the time. It's like everything really, I could do that or I could work on new features or polishing old ones.

The only game I'm really aware of ever that has had relevant children is Crusader Kings... it's the only game with the correct timescale and very sparse gameplay spread out over a long period of time.

Edited by Nibbler2345
3 hours ago, CobraPL said:

I wonder if 1.0 will be more stable or sth. What TW will do next? DLC? Bannerlord 2?

It looks like they didn't change much except add voices (kinda bad for modding. not like modders will be able to record extra voices for more dialogue)

1 hour ago, SeranaUser said:

To be clear, the latest updates are still for e1.9.0? The fact they came out around the same time as v1.0.0 is just a coincidence?

On steam you can turn off Beta branch 1.9.0 and you will get Release 1.9.0 which is what I'm on now, but it seems they haven't really added anything to the game so maybe there's no reason to return yet...

12 hours ago, Nibbler2345 said:

It looks like they didn't change much except add voices (kinda bad for modding. not like modders will be able to record extra voices for more dialogue)

On steam you can turn off Beta branch 1.9.0 and you will get Release 1.9.0 which is what I'm on now, but it seems they haven't really added anything to the game so maybe there's no reason to return yet...

1.9.0 is the Final Release TW dont add nothing in 1.0 only 5 Bug/CTD fix seams they was forced to make the Final Release with all that things missing and not real good Working no one will public a final Version without a good final update. I must be true im a little bit angry from what TW deliver to us that is not even close to what i buy when it come out and have such a nice description form what we will all get at the end. That was real Bannerlord 2 and we get Warband with only some better overhaul Mod at the end

2 hours ago, GladiusVictorius said:

Yes but Captivity will overwrite a lot from this Mod so you will see only half from what this mod do.Near all option after Battle to Claim Woman you miss then

argh both mods sound amazing, will still have to try use both at least until this one gets developed more.

11 hours ago, frenzy699 said:

argh both mods sound amazing, will still have to try use both at least until this one gets developed more.

You can use both but as i write you will miss then Content from this Mod but i see the latest Captivity build have an option to integrate PN what it exact do i dont know im still on changing to 1.0.0 from Bannerlord so i can not test much at the moment but will be nice if both Mods final work together