Downloading mods using Wabbajack = 503 for every file

I tried searching the site to see if there was some sort of API key or a setting for downloading using externals tools but found nothing. I entered my account logic info into wabbajack and it still gives a 503 error for every file it tries to download. This mod list has several hundred mods form this site so manually downloading each one isn't exactly viable.

The mods on the Wabbajack could be out of date.  As in, just my speculation, Wabbajack might be specifically trying to download "NameThatMod2.0.12" but the mod maker updated it to "NameThatMod2.3.8" and deleted the previous one.

So now Wabbajack is trying to download a mod that no longer exist, thus giving that error.  I think the only way around that is to ask the creator of that particular Modlist to update the links or mods.

I've read somewhere before that you could just manually download the mod, but that method doesn't seem to work 100% of the time.

The site has DDOS protection now, Opening multiple connections and spamming the retries is triggering it. Check the Wabbajack logs for the URLs and download them into the install directory manually, then restart wabbajack and it should be fine. It only missed about 9 for me.

57 minutes ago, Murkysim said:

The site has DDOS protection now, Opening multiple connections and spamming the retries is triggering it. Check the Wabbajack logs for the URLs and download them into the install directory manually, then restart wabbajack and it should be fine. It only missed about 9 for me.

Wabbajack has not downloaded a single file from his site. There's DDoS protection, and then there's blocking all access.

And I was wondering why LL implemented DDOS protection. I guess we found the answer here... ?

Perhaps, Wabbajack was making too many connections and failing, but on the server side it could be seen as attempts to bring the service down, which it was probably doing successfully to certain extent, depending on how frequently you've been trying and how many people had the same idea lol

Edited by MrFuturehope
5 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

And I was wondering why LL implemented DDOS protection. I guess we found the answer here... ?

Perhaps, Wabbajack was making too many connections and failing, but on the server side it could be seen as attempts to bring the service down, which it was probably doing successfully to certain extent, depending on how frequently you've been trying and how many people had the same idea lol

Consequently, the solution is probably just to restrict the amount of download threads. Not like the website cares, wabba just has chrome behind a GUI.

if you look at the LL discord you would see that the halgari and Ashal are already talking to each other, but the problem is that one of the LL's servers is down right now (that's also why the site is running like crap today, it's got nothing to do with wabbajack)

Edited by MadMansGun
  • 3 months later...